Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Is Marriage An Achievement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage An Achievement? (734 Views)

Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage An Achievement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Has society become too narrow-minded to measure a person's mettle by this stupid and baseless metric?
Marriage has led many to avoidable misery.

What if the person was too busy making a career? They have devoted their important years of life to achieving success. Society will rubbish all your efforts because you chose to build a life.

What if a person possesses clarity of mind and didn't woo anyone just to enter a love marriage zone( so-called area-of-reputation).

What if a person couldn't find a like-minded soul or the one whom he/she can happily bear for the rest of life? ( Not applicable to despo ones)

What if one is too shy to express feelings to his/her beloved?

I value marriage. I want to grow old surrounded by my kids and my wonderful wife. I don't need society to put pressure on me or anyone who wants to make a life for themselves. One has to afford some basic comforts before engaging in the arrangement called marriage. Marriage is a responsibility. Marriage is for the fulfilment, not an achievement.

If you can't find someone you can understand and are compatible with, please don't listen to common norms.
If you rush into marriage you will rush out. Learn from others mistakes don't fall victim.
My point is this, make that move when you are ready. Pursue that career if you must. Have a life before you leave your parents to be with someone son or daughter. I am tired of reading marriage palaver. Btw I am pro-family

Achievement is something which you do against your will power. some of which are
Developing a skill
Book writing
Forming a habbit
Learn to invest money
Photography
Read often
Sleep well e t c

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by LikeAking: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
Its is.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
Yes.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
The word "Achievement" is relative...
What maybe considered an "achievement" for one, may not necessarily be an achievement for the other...

So for some person's, marriage is probably the biggest achievement of their lives, to others, it's just an action that is birthed due to societal pressure...
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by ITbomb(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Very big achievement
If you can manage a family, then you can manage a company
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Yes it's an achievement if it's devoid of poverty.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by ITbomb(m): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
Has society become too narrow-minded to measure a person's mettle by this stupid and baseless metric?
Marriage has led many to avoidable misery.

What if the person was too busy making a career? They have devoted their important years of life to achieving success. Society will rubbish all your efforts because you chose to build a life.

What if a person possesses clarity of mind and didn't woo anyone just to enter a love marriage zone( so-called area-of-reputation).

What if a person couldn't find a like-minded soul or the one whom he/she can happily bear for the rest of life? ( Not applicable to despo ones)

What if one is too shy to express feelings to his/her beloved?

I value marriage. I want to grow old surrounded by my kids and my wonderful wife. I don't need society to put pressure on me or anyone who wants to make a life for themselves. One has to afford some basic comforts before engaging in the arrangement called marriage. Marriage is a responsibility. Marriage is for the fulfilment, not an achievement.

If you can't find someone you can understand and are compatible with, please don't listen to common norms.
If you rush into marriage you will rush out. Learn from others mistakes don't fall victim.
To manage a company , you need the frame of mind to handle those highlighted items when they are not in your favour
To be able to manage those items efficiently either in marriage or company is an achievement
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
ITbomb:
Very big achievement
. They are mutually exclusive. You can manage a company using logic, learned proficiency. Marriage involved love, emotions and maturity.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by OloshoMan: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
How is prison an achievement
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by ITbomb(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. They are mutually exclusive. You can manage a company using logic, learned proficiency. Marriage involved love, emotions and maturity.
To be able to manage those items efficiently either in marriage or company is an achievement
The reason most companies failed, most times, to effectively manage people, you need a bit of emotional maturity.
Not everything is about logic and competence, staff and even superior who effect your budget are people, individuals not machines
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
ITbomb:

The reason most companies failed, most times, is to effectively manage people, you need a bit of emotional maturity.
Not everything is about logic and competence, staff and even superiors who affect your budget are people, individuals not machines
. Haven't you worked with terrible bosses or co-workers but you can't tolerate your girlfriend/ boyfriend excess? You condone it because you want to build a career path( achievement) but marriage is to fulfil what society arranged and package it to look like it's a must.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Aethiops: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. Haven't you worked with terrible bosses or co-workers but you can't tolerate your girlfriend/ boyfriend excess? You condone it because you want to build a career path( achievement) but marriage is to fulfil what society arranged and package it to look like it's a must.
are you upto marriageable age and afraid to get married?

Harmless question
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
Aethiops:
are you upto marriageable age and afraid to get married?

Harmless question
. What is a marriage age?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Aethiops: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. What is a marriage age?
this is like asking what is puberty

How old are you sir(harmless question aswell)
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Aethiops:
. The best time to get married is when you feel comfortable and confident in your job and personal life. There isn't necessarily the best age to get married, but there is the best time to get married. I have a fiancée who I have asked her hand in marriage. I believe marriage should be done at a right time but not based on age.
I don't know if I have answered your question.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Opeyemiextra(f): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
It should be although not the way most people make it out to be ó. 'he that findeth a wife, finds a good thing'...
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Muna4real(f): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
ITbomb:
Very big achievement

The richest men in the world couldn't manage their families undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
It should be although not the way most people make it out to be ó. 'he that findeth a wife, finds a good thing'...
. The Bible says it right. Society uses it as a tool to suppress humanity.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Muna4real:

The richest men in the world couldn't manage their familiesundecided
. A clear example that marriage is not an achievement but a responsibility.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
Aethiops:

How old are you sir(the harmless question as well)
I am old enough to comment on naira land. Oh, my babe surprises me on my birthday. Story for another day.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Jeremani: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
Is not achievement, is responsibility
Hence u have to be capable of handling ur responsibility.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Jeremani:
Is not achievement, is responsibility
Hence u have to be capable of handling ur responsibility.
. Plain and simple.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. The Bible says it right. Society uses it as a tool to suppress humanity.

Exactly my point.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Exactly my point.
. It affects women a lot. Society watered down their efforts put into self-development because of no marriage ring.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TheGidRedpiller Will LAUNCH Tomorrow!! A Lot Of Females Will Hate Me Even More!! / Popular American Actress Jennifer Lawrence Displaying Her Hot Curves (photos) / Women Who Have More S3x ‘have Better Developed Brains’ Scientists Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.