Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,827 members, 7,824,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends (26794 Views)

My Ex Wants Us To Be Having Sex Few Weeks After Her Marriage / She Lied And We Broke Up Over The Phone! / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2021
They try to keep us around for errands and urgent cash relief bro, it’s the sad truth

…the good side is you get to keep your DRILLING rights (if you’re savvy)
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by geezynoni: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2021
DannyG8:
My nairalanders people
Is it okay to maintain friendship after breaking up a relationship?
The lady I was dating broke up with me and still wants me to be close to her as always but it's eating me up and I don't know how to handle the situation.
It's okay to be friends after a break up, y'all can maintain a healthy friendship... y'all don't even gotta be close like that.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by BABANGBALI: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2021
That’s what happens when your prick is too sweet, but be careful, she is after something

1 Like

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by fantastic1: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2021
shawnfamous:
I had this girl I asked out, she Declined.
A week after I completely stopped talking to her. She would want us to talk but nah.
I know what I did to her isn't so right and matured but for my sanity I just gats abandon every affair with am.
What is wrong with you? Who told you what you did is not mature? Like who defend maturity for you?
What you showed is a guy who can not be toiled with and you call that immaturity?

6 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by femi4: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2021
DannyG8:
My nairalanders people
The lady I was dating broke up with me and still wants me to be close to her as always but it's eating me up and I don't know how to handle the situation.
She wants to eat her cake and still have it. That's selfish....Cut any form of communication with her

3 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by King44(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2021
Most girls want you to be on their friend's list after a breakup and I hate it so much

You can be her friend but be ready for

Financial drain
Emotional drain
Misplaced priority

All on your end, the odds are stacked up against you las las you no go still see coochie chop so it's a lose lose lose situation.

12 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2021
DannyG8:
My nairalanders people
You do not need to be an enemy of your ex. It's ok to maintain friendship after break up; however, your emotional health comes first. Since it is really eating you up, be sincere to her that you want to be her friend, but you need time to heal. And you will turn to her when you are ready. She will understand. Guy, if you need to japa finally them, japa and run. Get yourself in good shape.

The future is not far ooo. She may be your savior in future. So, if you just behave anyhow cos things did not work with you, it may be a sorry case later.

If you know she will start demanding what you cannot give her, use same excuse above. And if she starts disturbing you, that's when you can be hard on her. She will sit tight and respect you more. But when you turn to simp amd you lose focus and allow her to damage your emotion, you will just be tossed here and there. Get hold of yourself and be in control. This is the person every girl wants.

And if you will come back together again, make sure she respects you very well.

Goodluck.

8 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Hassanmaye(m): 10:54am On Dec 01, 2021
OkuFaba:
una dey bang??
Hahahhahahaha
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Froshloaded: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2021
You can be friends with her, I see no harm in that.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by chloride6: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2021
Lol, na your funds go tell you..
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by TomRiddle1: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2021
Akinh:
I still wonder why most adult with child brain do come to naira land to seek relationship advise no offence here..we don't know her or you from the start not do we hook you guys up in first place.we have a pressing issue than all this shit and a parent from me to you..do you want to be here enemy in first place? Bcs una break up now u wanna start another Nairaland world war?.
Shey any one force u to comment on this matter ?

5 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Princessjoke(f): 11:03am On Dec 01, 2021
Omo me sef wonder... Friends with someone I was planning to spend my forever with..after breakup make everybody reset to default settings...we can now be friends later oooo...but at that instance....I need space to heal...it obvious the lady was just catching cruise with the guy..
Rickmann:

How can you be just friends with someone you once loved and was perhaps intimate with? People often use the line 'lets just be friends' and make it sound so easy. Truth Is, it's almost impossible bro , especially when you both have dated and shared a bond in the past..except you guys never had anything serious.

By the way, she might want to still have you for monetary benefits, hence her reason for still wanting to have you as a 'friend'..trust that gender na, always thinking they can eat their cake and have it.

My advice to you is to move on bro, there are a thousand and one girls out there who will love ,respect and be loyal to you.

I come in peace.

3 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by suffering: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2021
If fire burns your hand, will you touch it again? My friend give yourself sense. All these fourteen year old Nairalanders, sef.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by BusinessDream: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2021
shawnfamous:
I had this girl I asked out, she Declined.
A week after I completely stopped talking to her. She would want us to talk but nah.
I know what I did to her isn't so right and matured but for my sanity I just gats abandon every affair with am.
what did she say when she noticed you no long chat her anymore?

2 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Bryan88(m): 11:13am On Dec 01, 2021
DannyG8:
My nairalanders people
yeah...but jst dey nyash her dey go...no go love up o!!!
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Tapout(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2021
i926:

Nope! Do not fall into that trap.

Abort! Abort that friendship mission.

I happy with so many guys comment here. It means men don dey finally see the light.

Lmao!! Bro in this harsh economy that isn't getting better anytime soon, even blind man go see the light. cheesy

Btw, i don't see any reason he shouldn't be friends with her. As long as her motive is not cunning, then he's fine.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Bigzigg(m): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2021
Don't try.. Just let it go..
newer ones will come
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Bigredmachine: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2021
I have come to realize that so many people date for the wrong reasons...

Maybe OP is not yet ready or capable for marriage and the girl can't wait, hence her reason for breaking up but still loves the friendship

There could be other reasons like trying to make the guy a money making machine while she enjoys another ride...

Anyway it's, if I am OP I will end everything about her, it's not worth it...
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by jaxxy(m): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2021
DannyG8:
My nairalanders people

It’s not healthy to be close to Sm1 just after breaking up unless if it was mutual. If it wasn’t mutual each party should have their privacy and space to heal or atleast get over the bad feelings. Unless there was never any feelings involved.

If u are up to it fine Bt if not give her space.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by iTearHerToto: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Eyah... Bro please listen to her... What ever role she wants u to play, pls play it well...

When ur eyes go clear say na substitute bench u dey, nobody go tell u to find another club

grin grin grin

Nothing do u
Wanna know the best way to advise someone and let it sink? You just did grin
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by peterincredible: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Personally I have noticed that women love attention like mad. I guess she miss the attention you gave to her when both of you where still dating now she is either single or in another relationship but not getting that care or attention from her new man or from guys around so she is finding her way to be in talking terms just to get attention and boost her silly ego

10 Likes

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by JennyOfOldstones(f): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
DannyG8:
My nairalanders people
No, remaining friends is only going to hurt you. Tell her it's not possible and then cut her off until you've moved on completely
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by peterincredible: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Funny enough the girls that rejected me all complain that I act distant and cold after that and claim am immature but guess what they end up hating me it just a reverse psychology because I still remain very civil with them but woman will always want the flirting and joking personality you displayed when talking to them but guy that tym don pass you had your chance and you blew it unto the next one

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by peterincredible: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bigredmachine:
I have come to realize that so many people date for the wrong reasons...

Maybe OP is not yet ready or capable for marriage and the girl can't wait, hence her reason for breaking up but still loves the friendship

There could be other reasons like trying to make the guy a money making machine while she enjoys another ride...

Anyway it's, if I am OP I will end everything about her, it's not worth it...
Trust me she just want that attention I have seen it playout several tyms in my relationship life and even recently two of my friends liked a girl and word her she liked one than the other but when ever the one she likes misbehave she will just become every friendly to the second she doesn,t like but as soon as they comeback together and dating again she begins to act cold to the one she is not attracted to, most women have a very low self esteem and feed on attention and praise from a man like how fly is attracted to a pooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Elnathan454(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Girls this days are like parasite so bros be wise......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by cooooooks(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
SIMPly, no. This was not mutual.

You're growing resentful.

DannyG8:
My nairalanders people
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by FRANKOSKI(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
Breaking up doesn't make you Enemies
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by ImoleNaija: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
fantastic1:

What is wrong with you? Who told you what you did is not mature? Like who defend maturity for you?
What you showed is a guy who can not be toiled with and you call that immaturity?

Exactly, he did the right thing. One should give no room to emotional torture.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Arisenews2: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
peterincredible:
Personally I have noticed that women love attention like mad. I guess she miss the attention you gave to her when both of you where still dating now she is either single or in another relationship but not getting that care or attention from her new man or from guys around so she is finding her way to be in talking terms just to get attention and boost her silly ego

You're a smart lad! OP I had similar experience and dealth with it in such a way that the girl came wanting me. Yesterday, we hung out and she told me she missed me, and we kissed and all.

She wanted us to remain friends. But when I realized it waz jus mere platonic friendship with no romance, I kicked her out of my life. She wanted to still be all over me. She wants us acting like we were still a couple but without romance. I told her I wasn't ready for that. I told her we both need to give each other space, and I can't give her my attention while she is involved with someone else. I kicked her out, and now, she came back LOVING and wanting me. I made sure she didn't see me during those time. Omo! She missed me like mad and confessed it yesterday and want us back together.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by Lordedifice1: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
It's like your rod of moses is very good for her she doesn't want to miss it,if not why would she be asking for friendship after she broke up with you. Alaye scatter that ₱Û$$¥ without conscience shebi na she leave you.
Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by ABANGWABOI(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
SmellySperm:
Don't japa. She simply means FWB. I give you the go-ahead to be banging her on steady smiley

If the dude is not smart and doesn't have a good Bed game.. she would like to keep her around as an ATM of some sort..

1 Like

Re: We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends by seunmsg(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
No big deal. Stay on the sideline and be sampling her. No financial support though, just free sampling in the name of friendship and nothing else.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Gift you can Give To A Rich Girl? / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? / Have You Ever Loved Someone Without Being Loved In Return?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.