Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) (29081 Views)

Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton / Guardiola Was Seen Coaching Raheem Sterling After Man City Have Won The FA Cup / Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by nesgeeek(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
to me, I don't think Messi deserve the award. Jorginho or lewandowski is the original owner of the award. Jorginho won Uefa nation cup and champions, while lewandowski has been known as a consistent goal scoring machine both in Germany and the rest of the world. Messi only won Copa America. Messi didn't deserve the award.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by jikins(m): 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

3. Messi Performance in 2021 is not as great people say.
Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.

The time you wasted thinking and writing about this stuff. If you had used it for more important things, it would have been better. Your opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. And it will obviously not change anything. So what's the point? You just dey wallow in pain, punishing yourself with sore loser syndrome grin, while Messi dey flex his 7th win with his friends and family.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by kellexnuel(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
The truth cannot be hidden

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by donMIG(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
I swear I wasn't even bothered the bomb buhari put for my head ni allow me time for that kind worries
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Benitoh: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Just your irrelevant opinion.

This not the black usual black man and PDP/ Apc jamboree.

M7ssi the Goat
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by sheylarhh(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.
No iota of sense in all what you typed bro
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by EBEk101(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lamentations
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by okhaiii(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Imagine the wack points he raised......... No stress yourself jor. when they cry finish, they go stop.

Lewandoski should be crowned winner of 2021 out of pity that 2020 was cancelled or what??........i have come to understand most people that think he deserves this year actually thinks last years performance formed part of the judgement. Yes, he scored more goals this year but he wasn't better than Messi using all parameters

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by adioolayi(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

See typical Naija beer parlour argument points you put out here....Na Wa oooo

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by jikins(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
nesgeeek:
to me, I don't think Messi deserve the award. Jorginho or lewandowski is the original owner of the award. Jorginho won Uefa nation cup and champions, while lewandowski has been known as a consistent goal scoring machine both in Germany and the rest of the world. Messi only won Copa America. Messi didn't deserve the award.

Pele oh grin.

Thankfully it's isn't up to you. Do well to create your own award so you can compensate Lewa and Jorginho from your house grin

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by brightalo1010: 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

You're such an ignorant mumu man. When you all morons were shouting Messi never won anything for the national team apart from world cup which other thing were you people talking about?

Did Messi created himself to be from south America? Nations cup is nations cup so stop talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by stayclearofme: 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Abeg OP go and rest make una Liv Messi alone. Take your case to tribunal! You and your bitter thread!

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Femeto: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Mr Shalaye go form your own award.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by kellexnuel(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
jikins:

Pele oh grin.

Thankfully it's isn't up to you. Do well to create your own award so you can compensate Lewa and Jorginho from your house grin
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by GodIsBiafran: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Life is never about who deserves it. Life is about who gets it. Messi does not deserve it but he was the one that got it. Anything after that is noisemaking and vexation of spirit. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Berezuski: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
The criteria for winning that ballon dior should be thorough restructured
Even Leo knows too well he doesn't deserve it this time
Last season, leo struggled with even Barcelona
How many goals did leo scored in that copa America?
Nonsense
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by donprinyo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
I still de find 'hug transformer' pics.

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Austeeenxx: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
The fact that Messi even won anything under Ronald Koeman who is an older version of Ole So-shy, is more than enough reason for Messi to win that award. grin
If Lewandoski had played under Koeman, he'd have retired from football last season. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Deborah98(f): 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
FullBlastLight:

Shey u no say beta oyel dey ya head bah?

A thoughtful one frm u there!
lolzzzzz...
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by SheriffDTrader(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Cry me a river Bro tongue tongue tongue
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by DeHorus: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Deborah98:
Something wey don pass, Nigerians still dey argue and dissect the matter. If with this energy we're able to choose,stand and speak up for who should rule this country I bet things would have taken another dimension all the same it's never late to begin. Nigerians can argue and drag issues for the world no longer Africa. Heiii nawaooo
Even person wey nor fit kick ball or nor sabi Fifa rules sef dn turn epert ontop Messi matter
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by RaphtechSolar(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
All this Long epistle,on top person were don collect award, na wa ooo, maybe you can write on another opinion, why they should collect the award from him..
Yhungsarm:

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by DareyFortified: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
nesgeeek:

So Messi was not also a goal scoring machine and an assist maker despite winning Copa America?
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by stayclearofme: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Rubbish thread

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by DareyFortified: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
Berezuski:
The criteria for winning that ballon dior should be thorough restructured
Even Leo knows too well he doesn't deserve it this time
Last season, leo struggled with even Barcelona
How many goals did leo scored in that copa America?
Nonsense

Ehyaa sorry bro! I know you are pained. But you will need to cry more please.

Will Argentina win the Copa America without Messi??

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by OJEEMAH(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
Formation10:
Bros u no dey talk truth make i ask u waiting messi don play dis u dey talk of dis year even Victor osemhem better pass messi dis season
know this, there's a huge difference between this year and this season.....The award for this year will be judged on last season's performance.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by OJEEMAH(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
emae009:

just one day and I'm already tired of this 7th sef.
Abeg make next year do come for the 8th. we must choke some set of people to death.
they'll have sense by force
make they continue dey cry.......I dey enjoy am cos we told them but no believe
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Myer(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

If Pascal Frere who organises Ballon D'or could tell a blatant lie that CR7 told him that his only goal is to win more Ballon D'or than Messi. Then you can already know that the award is prejudiced and messy.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by tunero1010(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Messi had 58 goals and assists in 56 games. Won 28 man of the match awards. Finished as topscorer and Copa America. Won Copa Del Rey and Copa America as well as best player of the tournament and also becoming South America’s all-time topscorer.

How does this guy winning #BallonDor make the awards fraud?

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by nesgeeek(m): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
DareyFortified:

So Messi was not also a goal scoring machine and an assist maker despite winning Copa America?
all goals messi score last season including the ones in Copa America is not up to 80% of lewandowski goals.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Bouncing2(m): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Oga Gettat.
Pained soul
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by kenex4ever(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Very poor football analysis

1. To start with, Argentina is not a great team at all. They are all unknown players apart from Messi and Dimaria. MESSI was the star on the team and he carried them past teams like Brazil, Colomnia, Uruguary, Bolivia, Paraguay.
To add, Portugal currently has one of the best teams in the would with Cancello, Bernado Silver, Bruno Fernandes, this atl madrid boy etc.
2. Another poor effort to undermine Messi.
In his last season at Barca Messi was the striker, midfielder, chance creator ( you can check his assists)
and almost singlehandedly won Laliga with under20 boys. He missed very few chances compared to Lewa and any other person.
3. He didnt win Laliga best because he lost Laliga even though he was clearly the best player that season. He outscored and assisted more than everybody.

Guy just go n sleep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi Kicks Off Construction Of Ebonyi Olympic Stadium (Photos) / Griezmann Ranked 6th In Most Expensive Transfers / Super Falcons Celebrate 2-0 Victory Against South Korea In The Dressing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.