Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) (29092 Views)

Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton / Guardiola Was Seen Coaching Raheem Sterling After Man City Have Won The FA Cup / Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ballon d'Or is now a scam.

The award have lost its value and credibility. It's now a political award.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Ykc2(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
If you go Switzerland embassy they won't give you visa so your opinion dont count
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Cardoza(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
If you @op need an in-depth analysis on why Messi deserves the award...just check this out below

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Johnelo: 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
Numerouno94:

I was able to deduce 3 points from their wailing;
1) Some of them are confusing the calendar year together. 2020 was for lewa, COVID cancelled it, 2021 is purely Messi. Verdict: they don't knw the difference betwn 2019/2020 season from 2020/2021.

2) Some of them thought the organisers used Messi's latest form for psg nd Lewi's current Bayern form as a yardstick. Verdict: They don't knw that the yardstick used for voting was strictly last seasons performance nd not this current season.

3) Most of them re fully aware of the misconceptions above buh they chose to play the Ostrich cos of agenda. An agenda that is dead on arrival. Verdict: They can continue to wallow in pain nd jealousy.

What did Messi archive on 2021

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Timidangote(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Cry baby �
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

3. Messi Performance in 2021 is not as great people say.
Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by jrusky(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sometime I don't understand why some Nigeria dudes are just unnecessary busy body on nothing.

Did European care about your opinion? Did FIFA or EUFA care about your opinion? Infact did Lewandosky even care about your opinion?

Pesin wey dem flog no cry u wey be onlooker come dey cry. I swear unecssary free time or joblessness or would I call poor people thing it is a real nightmare.

I'm not even sure Messi can identify Nigeria in world map likewise Lewandosky or Ronaldo. These guys are big guys, big fan of each other, money flows in between them pls why taken panadol for Balon D'or headache for goodness sake?

Messi is in his mansion possibly partying right now with Ronaldo or Lewandosky etc and you are here inside scorching hot weather and in once in a week electricity supply but busy talking Messi, Ronald, Ballon D'or opinion. Na wah oo.

Do self opinion about yourself leave those who has already cross th bright thousand miles back matter, you hear?
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by stayclearofme: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Johnelo:

What did Messi archive on 2021
Lol.. olodo read again!

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Charly500(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.

Op i dont believe its whether who has a better squad, this same argentina have had series of talented players who had failed to live up to expectations over the years and in previous copa america tournaments where they failed in finals and 2014 world cup also, with so many people mocking their failures.

They were just lucky they played together as a team in Copa America 2021 and messi certainly played a key role throughout the tournament.

Nobody is taking this one away from lionel Andres messi he certainly deserves the ballon dor.

Is it only me or are u guys seeing this current Argentina team becoming a formidable side in Qatar 2022, they are certainly going to go far thats for sure. lionel scaloni has certainly done a great job since he came on board.

thats why messi even preferred playing games for argentina than psg. (when he was injured)

We should all be grateful to be alive to watch this argentine genius play the round leather game.

simply a work of art
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Mskay(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Since yesterday I have been wondering does you people love lewandoski up to this extent or you’re just jealous because Messi is the favorite

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Johnelo: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
dotmhan:

The number of likes you got proves how senseless your post is

If it is senseless to you it is sensible to us
It is not surprising that injustice is everywhere both in the whites and black's
But may God not let us see injustice because it is evident you're supporting injustice out of sentiments
If you don't know what to say you just stay mute. I wonder how you will feel if injustice is melted on you
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Johnelo: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
nesgeeek:
to me, I don't think Messi deserve the award. Jorginho or lewandowski is the original owner of the award. Jorginho won Uefa nation cup and champions, while lewandowski has been known as a consistent goal scoring machine both in Germany and the rest of the world. Messi only won Copa America. Messi didn't deserve the award.

Very very obvious
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TruthSocial: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Here's my opinion.

Messi fans around the world believe that winning the Copa America, Copa de Rey, highest goal scorer in Copa America, highest chances created in the league is enough to win the balon d or, but yet they agree lewandoski should have won the award in 2020, if Lewandoski is so qualified to win in 2020 just because he won the bundelisga and was highest goal scorer in the league, why is he not so qualified to win it in 2021. If as a Messi fan your argument is Messi won because of his performances for Argentina in the Copa America, then anyone from the Italian squad that won the uefa euro cup should have won the balon d or too, Messi should win the best player in Copa America not the best in the world this time ,I remember how he won it in 2011 when Wesley sneidjer was the clear winner of that trophy that year.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Karleb(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
This was the same ojoro Messi and Guardiola did with Barcelona in the Champions League, between '09 and '11 where they where favored by referee and Sepp Blatter.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:
U should know messi fans and being intelligent or logical are not best of friends
What is logical about using 2020 performance?

To award a 2021 trophy..

MR Logic.. grin

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TruthSocial: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
By all parameters, explain why Messi won the trophy over jorginho ?
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Karleb:
This was the same ojoro Messi and Guardiola did with Barcelona in the Champions League, between '09 and '11 where they where favored by referee and Sepp Blatter.

Wailing Wailers. grin

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Snoobor(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Good points... that 2010 give it to Wesley Sneijder. He won treble with Inter Milan, runner up in World Cup, highest goal scorer that season in UCL & joint highest goal scorer in d World Cup... that’s a very big performance from a midfielder coupled with lots of goal assists.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
Viridis:
Cry cry baby
When modric won ballon d'or Messi was the Golden boot winner in Europe, la Liga winner and Copa del Rey winner but he was 5th because of world cup. The reason being that he did not perform internationally now, the same thing has repeated in Messi's favour against lewandowski and some people are crying fowl.
We must continue to torment PENALDIANS with this. How can one triumph on the excesses of Luxembourgers?
I urge all PENALDIANS to channel their displeasure through Constituted authorities.
NAIRIALAND has got no Law Firm.
They should stop disturbing MESSI fans.
CR7 can marry LUXEMBOURG we don't care

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by princepaul20(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
BULLSHIT. CRAB. WHAT A BASELESS ARGUMENT. PENALDO FAN SPOTTED.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
TruthSocial:
By all parameters, explain why Messi won the trophy over jorginho ?
Jorginho?

You mean the Jorginho that actually finished THIRD? shocked

This one is looking for Supreme Court Judgement.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Karleb(m): 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Wailing Wailers. grin

Remember when Messi cried and blasted Copa America FA for not allowing Argentina win against Brazil, that's exactly what it feels like.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TruthSocial: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
You are fine with Injustice, you can be a Messi fan, but what is so glaring is he didn't deserve the award, I bet messi himself will be satisfied if Lewandoski had won the trophy or Jorginho.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by DareyFortified: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
nesgeeek:
all goals messi score last season including the ones in Copa America is not up to 80% of lewandowski goals.

Lewandoski score 54 goals, Messi scored 40 goals how is that not up to 80%

Funny enough is not that you give a Bleep about Lewandoski, you are a Ronaldo fan but since Ronaldo is not in contention anyone seem fit so far is not Messi.

Lewandoski deserve to win 2020 ballon d'Or, but to give him 2021 because he scored 54 goals and won bundesliga is fucking not possible.

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TruthSocial: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
With this statistic Messi didnt even win la Liga best player, Messi should have won the best player in the Americas not in the world judging by the statistics. The statistics shows that he was given the award because of his performances with Argentina, why was Jorginho denied after the stellar performance with Chelsea and Italy, even winning the European best player untop of it.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Karleb:

Remember when Messi cried and blasted Copa America FA for not allowing Argentina win against Brazil, that's exactly what it feels like.

Lol..

Good thing comes to those who wait..

Argentina beat Brazil?

Check!

Copa America for Messi?

Check!!

Balon D'or for Messi?

Check!!!!

Check!!!!

Check!!!!!!!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by lascos912(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
wetin u won do

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by DareyFortified: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
TruthSocial:
You are fine with Injustice, you can be a Messi fan, but what is so glaring is he didn't deserve the award, I bet messi himself will be satisfied if Lewandoski had won the trophy or Jorginho.

Wait I get that you people call Lewandoski, but jorghino Are you people dumb or what?

What individual performance does jorghino have to receive ballon d'Or?

A midfielder who has 3 goals and 4 assist to his name for a complete year??

You people must be stupid. Even Chelsea fans that I know won't even call jorghino name to ballon d'Or. But you Ronaldo fans are just stupid since your favorite is not in contention, anyone should win it except Messi. Bunch of assholes

Don't be surprise, if Messi should win the world cup he is winning another ballon d'Or! You people will cry tire. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TruthSocial: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yes the Jorginho that won champions League, The UEFA euro cup, the European best player, that Jorginho. He got a individual award and a collective award together..

Even Luka modric didn't achieve this much before he was given the balon d or
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TEYA: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
DareyFortified:

Funny enough I thought you have something sensible to say ni.

What is this?? grin grin grin grin

I know you are pained, but then there is nothing you can do about it than to cry more!!! grin grin grin
he even said barca players always pass the ball to Messi, thus enabling him to score. i was like does this guy know anything about Leo's assist prowess? Messi was man of the match in almost all FC Barca's matches last season! That includes matches that barca drew or lost.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Numerouno94(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Exactly, my brother and the few ones that understand deliberately refused to educate them in a bid to push their agenda.
If you remember vividly, thierryjay said something about being a good student of football history in that brilliant piece he drafted...... I have finally come to a conclusion that, most Ronaldo fanboys are either ignorant or biased. and people like that go still get mind dey blame Buhari?? No wonder, Nigeria is on a stand still.....I won't be surprise if they decide to vote for him once more.
Thierryjay did justice to that piece. Him suppose b prof. grin grin

While goin to work this morning i was listening to one sport program on Grace fm. Bro u need to see the flimsy nd stupid excuses penaldians who called were given as to why Messi shuldn't hv bn given the award. I jux weak. U knw the question wey they irritate me? Na "wat has Messi done to deserve the award" shuuuuu, them they blind? Them no see him stats? Lol. grin grin
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by TruthSocial: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Of course number of goals is a important metric, another reason why Lewandoski should have won if over Messi, Jorginho might have lesser goals but he has stellar performances for Italy and Chelsea, he won a collective trophy with italy and Chelsea, he won the uefa men best player too.

Messi had the mom assist , chanced created and all that in the Copa America, if argentina didn't win that cup Messi will not win it, so it's clear that he won mainly because argentina won the cup, but thats it , we have someone who won a major trophy for club and country and you say he shouldn't have won, even Luka modric that won in 2018 didn't do all of this
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by ThierryJay: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
Numerouno94:

Thierryjay did justice to that piece. Him suppose b prof. grin grin

While goin to work this morning i was listening to one sport program on Grace fm. Bro u need to see the flimsy nd stupid excuses penaldians who called were given as to why Messi shuldn't hv bn given the award. I jux weak. U knw the question wey they irritate me? Na "wat has Messi done to deserve the award" shuuuuu, them they blind? Them no see him stats? Lol. grin grin

Lol thanks bro. That title is reserved for Mr. Wenger though grin

You know what's paining Pendu peeps, it's that they never experred it grin grin even when we had been telling them since July.

To Messi fans, it's really not a surprise. If anything, the past 3 months of the current season closed the voting gap between Lewy and Messi just to show you that the Copa win was the enabler.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Super Falcons Celebrate 2-0 Victory Against South Korea In The Dressing Room / Griezmann Ranked 6th In Most Expensive Transfers / U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.