Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? (1031 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by lovediehatelive(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Please there's this little insect that bites anytime i enter villa.

it bites early morning till when sun come.

then it resumes in the evening till everhwere gets dark.

it is very very very tiny and you cannot see it.

whats the name please and how to get of it
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by NOGRUDGES(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sand flies I suspect

Attracted by white apparels or bright colors

It inflicts multiple bites that itch like crazy

Get used to it

1 Like

Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by illicit(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
It's visible

Just too tiny
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
lovediehatelive:
Please there's this little insect that bites anytime i enter villa.
it bites early morning till when sun come.
then it resumes in the evening till everhwere gets dark.
it is very very very tiny and you cannot see it.
whats the name please and how to get of it
Kotonkan(yoruba) or gnats. undecided
No-see-ums are also referred to as gnats, biting midges, punkies or sand flies. These flying insects are tiny, and their bites look and feel much like mosquito bites. You have almost certainly experienced several bites from these insects during your lifetime, only you may not have realized exactly what it that bit you. When these bites are unexpectedly discovered, most people dismiss them as the work of mosquitoes. Despite this dismissal, many people remain skeptical concerning the origins of these bites, but are, nevertheless, at a loss as to where and when they were bitten, and by what. Well now you know that you were not going crazy, and tiny mosquito-like insects do exist, and their bites are annoyingly itchy.

https://bugbustersusa.com/2017/07/31/have-you-ever-been-bitten-by-a-flying-insect-that-you-could-not-see/
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Mariangeles(f): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
It's called ibuba in my language.
I can't stand their bites. Itches like hell. urgh!

I'm not sure, but it seems their victims are usually those that are new in the environment, or it could be that those living around there are already used to their wicked bites.
Mosquitoes are better than those tiny little satans. cheesy
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by SafetyPlug(m): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Could be the aforementioned.When you scratch does it turn red? If yes, try not to scratch, you will be fine.Speaking from experience cheesy
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Mariangeles(f): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
SafetyPlug:
Could be the aforementioned.When you scratch does it turn red? If yes, try not to scratch, you will be fine.Speaking from experience cheesy

Holding his breath for 1hr would be easier than not scratching. Trust me. cheesy
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by madampresident(f): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Long socks are your friend

1 Like

Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Ulunne777(f): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
We call it "anwu" pronounced same as that of the sun.I hink its mostly ppl with extra sensitive skin.

When we get to the village,I have two cousins who always look like they came out of a beees next.Reddish bumps everywhere.
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Oizee(f): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ulunne777:
We call it "anwu" pronounced same as that of the sun.I hink its mostly ppl with extra sensitive skin.

When we get to the village,I have two cousins who always look like they came out of a beees next.Reddish bumps everywhere.
Lol, eyya
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Timekeeper: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Mariangeles:
It's called ibuba in my language.
I can't stand their bites. Itches like hell. urgh!

I'm not sure, but it seems their victims are usually those that are new in the environment, or it could be that those living around there are already used to their wicked bites.
Mosquitoes are better than those tiny little satans. cheesy

U get better experience... Their victims are new people in the environment... Existing people in the environment don't interest them at all grin

Those bastards suffered me 3 different times... Infact I cud go to cds, I cud nt go to work when I was serving...

Where I am staying now, those bastards still find me Come again cry cry
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Mariangeles(f): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Timekeeper:

U get better experience... Their victims are new people in the environment... Existing people in the environment don't interest them at all grin

Those bastards suffered me 3 different times... Infact I cud go to cds, I cud nt go to work when I was serving...

Where I am staying now, those bastards still find me Come again cry cry

Chai!

Them dey bite you for scalp? sad
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Timekeeper: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Mariangeles:

Chai!

Them dey bite you for scalp? sad

Dem bite me for every where.. Na only my private part dey safe bcox it is covered with the blood of Jesus grin
Re: Help! What Is This Invisible Insect Biting Me In The Village? by Nezzjnr: 6:46am On Dec 01, 2021
Your village people are already welcoming you.

Nothing new

(1) (Reply)

The Groom To Be Has Left The Whatsapp Group!!! / See what leads some Married men and Women into Extramarital Affairs / How will i Deal With This Kind Of In-laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.