Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (40249 Views)

Banks Lift Suspension Of International Transaction On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Timekeeper: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
adegokenama:
it's your generation that will burn to ashes..bastard

If u r still interested in this fraudulent activities, so shall my word be for you
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by uchaymart(m): 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
sixcargo:
I would not say I disagree with you but how is that possible without otp and password? Educate me bro

Without OTP you can still be debited.
Pray not to meet the smart guys
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by uchaymart(m): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
HIbreed:
No, they'll request verification for the first time, and if the account name does not match with the name on the card.
I once used my card to shop for my cousin on aliexpress , it went straight up.
No otp
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by KoshCAD: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
erico2k2:

How was it stollen and how did you go about it?
The person used Sporty pay.

I reported to lagos state lottery board, they were able to get the name of the fraudster. Then I went to my bank o, but they keep telling me they are still investigating till today.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by adegokenama: 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
Timekeeper:

If u r still interested in this fraudulent activities, so shall my word be for you
tongue
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by jmichael259(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
babaolofin:

The same card details you are talking about is what these quick loans companies collect in order to withdraw your debt whenever the loan matured. Their fraudulent staff working with outsiders can use the information to empty your account

Quickloan apps work through flutterwave, e-tranzact, paystack and other secure platforms for card payments. Yes they can automatically debit from your account to pay any debt you owe them but Your card details are not available for viewing pleasure of the staff unless someone hacks the servers which is very possible.

Card cloning is a very different hustle. And anyone can fall prey at a public ATM or POS where the hoodlums might have installed a cloning device. OR through a fake webpage/ payment portal.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by jmichael259(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
tunnex190:

I want to agree to this but how is he gonna do the OTP? At least the fraudster must be accessible to his phone to get the OTP? Or can there be completed transaction online without an OTP?

Card cloning doesn't require OTP to work. Na dem know how they do it but basically they're carrying a photocopy of your card and authorisation and they can transact on any POS, ATM or website. Unless you block and change your card/pin immediately.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by namiji2598: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
PrettyBoyBreezy:
It is kuda for sure. Someone used ur atm number and code to purchase something online. People feel it's not possible, i have proved them wrong on numerous occasions. Snap ur atm front and back and send me on WhatsApp and u will see 5k just go like dat even if u are with d atm der grin

Don't quote me asking if they won't send otp or password before purchase. If you are doubting, u know what to do grin
DM bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Biggest Employers In The World. / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.