Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,586 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (40254 Views)

Banks Lift Suspension Of International Transaction On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by dmbb: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
Go and welcome back your card, your money would automatically come back lipsrsealed
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by williams85(m): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
akanbiaa:
How does one identify POS that snap card details ?
Most POS with banks like firstmoni, zenith on them are legit.. just get one credible operator.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by bewla(m): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Access bank
Not access bank again
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by tpapi: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
jomarick:
Your card number, name on your card and C.V.V is all needed for your account to be compromised. That's why I always memorize and erase my C.V.V number.
c.v.v means wat
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by newoffer: 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
I was getting otp in my access bank account. I quickly change my card. Who robs a broke ass. Lol. I have stopped using roadside post and stop all online transactions.
One aunty was crying Iike a baby . They do her strong thing. Painful. quote author=lordprogress post=108156418]
Access bank[/quote]
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by dominique(f): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
One has to be very careful about these POS operators, majority of them are crooks. Like someone said, it's now advisable to erase the Security number at the back of the card once you get it. Times are hard, people are managing yet some criminals won't hesitate to wipe out your entire savings without a care in the world what becomes of you. Worst thing is that the banks are doing nothing to put a stop to this.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by xteve(m): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
You'll need a barrister o.
They'll serve the bank a law suit o.
I still dey one matter since, yet no success.
May yours be different
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Newboss(m): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
That's not pos. Web is clearly written in the description
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by akanbiaa(m): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
williams85:

Most POS with banks like firstmoni, zenith on them are legit.. just get one credible operator.
Okay noted ,thanks.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
gambia:
Scammers, your card has been compromised.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by magnum247: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
Stop using anyhow pos machines. Some pos operators are fraudulent, their machines re able to save card details. I had an experience somewhere to back this up but it's too long to narrate.

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lasisi69(f): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
Chibudollar:
This looks like a kuda account, report immediately to them. Send them an email a mail shocked
welcome grin
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by castiello(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
The account was deactivated immediately after the scam
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Pofgrace(m): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:

I'm seeing Kuda there
Is it Kuda pos machine they used? That's what I don't understand about the description on the transaction
the person used his card to fund kuda account
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
dfrost:

Card skimming. Start by suing the app POS owners. They are supposed to prevent things like this.

Make noise about it and see them discuss with you offline. It is a reputation thing if it goes out.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by delex004(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
Pofgrace:
the person used his card to fund kuda account
Oh
Okay
That means the account can be traced
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
magnum247:
Stop using anyhow pos machines. Some pos operators are fraudulent, their machines re able to save card details. I had an experience somewhere to back this up but it's too long to narrate.
Ehn
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
castiello:
The account was deactivated immediately after the scam
But the account details is still in the records
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by JideOluwalana: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2021
kefasjoshua4:
Be like Access bank is not safe same thing happened to me

A friend of mine using ACCESS Bank complained to me this same issue on 30-Nov-2021.
The debit card was with her but her account was debited and she got inscription on her phone saying POS.
Till now, I still can't figure what happened but we've reported at access bank.

PLEASE LET'S BE CAREFUL OF THOSE WERE EXPOSED OUR PHONE AND CARDS TO.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Freelane33(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
Probably someone Dey with your card info
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by wizdooarchy3(m): 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
The last pos u used snaped ur card details after u inputed ur pin.

But mind u he didnt withdraw it from his pos ..

So next time enlarge ur eye!!
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Ayomivic(m): 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.
I have gone to the bank they only gave me statement and blocked the card.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
Note: my card was with me not that I misplaced it.

I think the person used cardless method withdraw to removed your money.

I don't think their is anything you can do about that except if you want to go after the POS owner he used and that is possible if the account number at that your receipt belongs to the pos owner

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by mrksquare: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
ignis:
You definitely compromised your account details... Be careful next time... Money is gone and gone for good.

The money is not gone for good. There is a trail in the transaction description. Is for him to do a petition the fraud desk of his bank and a copy of the petition sent to EFCC.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Maximus85(m): 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night

Go back there with broken bottles

... They snapped your card front and back.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Maximus85(m): 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
akanbiaa:
Your 5pm last transaction was it with POS machine ?

Go back there and break bottles. Your money will come out

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by idiagbo86(m): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
I actually woke up to a similar stuff last week. Omo I use speed call customer care ASAP, them send me one pdf form nah so I fill am upload am to mail and send sharply to them . After sometime I got credited back

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ayomivic:

I think the person used cardless method withdraw to removed your money.

I don't think their is anything you can do about that except if you want to go after the POS owner he used and that is possible if the account number at that your receipt belongs to the pos owner
Meaning he had access to the ATM details
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by emonis88: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
Check the alert u received for the transaction u did by 5pm n check for comparisons, then u see if u il contact kuda bank to know the account owner. Or u can arrest that POS Marchant . People becareful now , cus ATM cards r cloned now o!!!
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Awise09(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Access bank as been a hide out for fraudsters, your card has been cloned by the pos guy you used last, that's what happen
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Mozibee007(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2021
Avoid using your ATM cards on POS. Some of the operators are actually the ones doing this. Even if you want to use POS, transfer the money to the POS operator using your phone.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by SlayerForever: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
What happened is obvious. They got your atm 16 digit number and date of expiration. Then carefully captured your CCV at the back.

While you were inputting your pin you were being watched. Once in possession of this 4 things any primary 2 scammer can steal your money.

You have been careless with your details.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by mrksquare: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2021
Send a mail to Kuda customer care attaching the account details of the transaction to help@kuda.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos) / Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.