Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,154 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (40240 Views)

Banks Lift Suspension Of International Transaction On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by itubaba001: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
That transfer is to kuda microfinance . Forget about the narration saying it a POS transaction

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by talk2hb1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2021
Boys on the Beat
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by adegokenama: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2021
PrettyBoyBreezy:
It is kuda for sure. Someone used ur atm number and code to purchase something online. People feel it's not possible, i have proved them wrong on numerous occasions. Snap ur atm front and back and send me on WhatsApp and u will see 5k just go like dat even if u are with d atm der grin
agba...come teach me work na...

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by delex004(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kingsoul1:

Kuda has POS machine i have seen and used one recently
That's not Kuda
It's Kudi

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by aspabay(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
Go back to where you used the card and threaten them with the police. Someone will confess.

13 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by dfrost: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I
I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
Note: my card was with me not that I misplaced it.

Card skimming. Start by suing the app POS owners. They are supposed to prevent things like this.

Make noise about it and see them discuss with you offline. It is a reputation thing if it goes out.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by koolaid87: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
PrettyBoyBreezy:
It is kuda for sure. Someone used ur atm number and code to purchase something online. People feel it's not possible, i have proved them wrong on numerous occasions. Snap ur atm front and back and send me on WhatsApp and u will see 5k just go like dat even if u are with d atm der grin

People need to request for additional security on cards.

Like requesting for code before the final transaction
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nightaccountant(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
[left][/left]
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.
I have gone to the bank they only gave me statement and blocked the card.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
He snap the front and back of your ATM card, then monitored closely the pin you used.
After which he used the cash to purchase something online making it quite untraceable. Maybe he used the money to buy a new smart phone for his girlfriend. Very easy
Just forget the cash. No way out
And also try to be wise while making use of pos

6 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by marwanafrica: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
go and interrogate the person you did your last transaction with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.

you beed to do two things, get a police report and obtain a court order, to force processing bank to return your money
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by jomarick(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2021
Your card number, name on your card and C.V.V is all needed for your account to be compromised. That's why I always memorize and erase my C.V.V number.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nightaccountant:

He snap the front and back of your ATM card, then monitored closely the pin you used.
After which he transferred the 45k using interswitch on his pos. Very easy
Why are you talking about no way out, imagine if your BVN is blocked for life cos of 45k,

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by ajbiggie(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please report the matter to police they will tracked the pos, but u will spend money oo
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by akanbiaa(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
PrettyBoyBreezy:
No password will be asked ?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by senator3636(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
Real guys are out there hustling, while some idiots are in there stealing the money. God help us

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by itubaba001: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
But how is this possible someone should tell us
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by williams85(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
Your card was compromised from a pos you used recently. There are some pos that copy card details without your knowledge.
Bank cannot do anything about it. Just move on and avoid POS. At worst, transfer money to them directly.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Kingsoul1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:

That's not Kuda
It's Kudi

Really grin
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by dfrost: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nightaccountant:

After which he used the cash to purchase something online making it quite untraceable. Maybe he used the money to buy a new smart phone for his girlfriend. Very easy

It can still be tracked.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by delex004(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kingsoul1:

Really grin
Yes
There's no Kuda pos machine
Only Kudi
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by akanbiaa(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
williams85:
Your card was compromised from a pos you used recently. There are some pos that copy card details without your knowledge.
Bank cannot do anything about it. Just move on and avoid POS. At worst, transfer money to them directly.
How does one identify POS that snap card details ?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Meloski(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
Sorry for that, are u sure its the pos merchant or does anyone know your card details omo for this kind time of the year.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by nemynely(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
Sorry bro. If kuda gives you the same Access attitude, escalate to CBN. 45k na big money now.

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
Avoid access bank ooo. That rubbish no be bank...
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Sijo01(f): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
This is why I don't petronize these pos vendors. Majority of them are criminals.

I used it for the first time about 2years ago; few hours later, I received a call from someone claiming to be calling from my bank...

Now, no matter how far or busy ATM point is, I go patience.

12 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by seyz91(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
cheesy
Leverage2021:
Na salomir go do you this thing so o
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Kingsoul1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:

Yes
There's no Kuda pos machine
Only Kudi

You sound right will check it tomorrow
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Go to where you did your last transaction. You can get your answer from there
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by blkmum700: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Go to the last POS shop you used your ATM, the POS machine may have been compromised by the owner with a device know as skimmer to record ATM cards numbers and pin , if you used your card at 5pm and they took out money at 11pm same day, means they are the scammer , go and scatter the shop or arrest them with police.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Heyyyy: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
ajbiggie:
Please report the matter to police they will tracked the pos, but u will spend money oo

You are not living in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Skillsnigeria: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by dan56: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
davo90tico:

The account number is 1478994126 so try to send money to it to see the account name then report to kuda immediately with proof
Kuda account number starts from “2”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Biggest Employers In The World. / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.