Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (40297 Views)

How To Dispute Transaction On UBA Mobile Banking App / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by hope4nigeria(m): 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
ignis:
You definitely compromised your account details... Be careful next time... Money is gone and gone for good.
na Loan app remove that money trust me.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:
I don't think Kuda has pos machine
Kuda has
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
akanbiaa:
Your 5pm last transaction was it with POS machine ?
Yes. But looking at the bank statement the culprit used another pos machine.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Olayetan(m): 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
PrettyBoyBreezy:
It is kuda for sure. Someone used ur atm number and code to purchase something online. People feel it's not possible, i have proved them wrong on numerous occasions. Snap ur atm front and back and send me on WhatsApp and u will see 5k just go like dat even if u are with d atm der grin

Don't quote me asking if they won't send otp or password before purchase. If you are doubting, u know what to do grin

It's possible with some banks and not all banks, some banks don't request for ATM pin or OTP when purchasing things online, you just input the card details and that's all.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by brightk(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
Deicide:
Go back to your bank again and shout for them. I used my access bank atm card to pay for an item on aliexpress and they didn't even ask for otp.

was it a master card or visa card?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Deicide: 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
Visa
brightk:

was it a master card or visa card?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by ozo13(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Can I report the case to Kuda cause my bank access are not helping Matters at all.
go to police station and lay a complain.u will be given a report to go to court.court will now issue u an affidavit ordering the kuda bank to refund the cash from the person account back to ur account.
My brother its actually a difficult process sha cos na so u go dey drop more money dey go ooo.nd u wont be sure if the money will be return back to u.u can give it Trial

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by beejay85: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.
I have gone to the bank they only gave me statement and blocked the card.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
Note: my card was with me not that I misplaced it.
Similar thing happened to a friend who runs a POS station...he got an alert of abt 260k Oct ending not knowing where it came from...2 days ago he got debited 210000 ,he went to d bank and was told he got a loan in Oct...( Which he never applied for) ...and they debited it...So my friend , did u get an alert in October which u tink it's Sambo Dasuki running Bazaar?....cos my friends debit too is from KUDa

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Michaelcas(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
if you used the pos that same day before the money disappeared, then it's the Pos operator who stole yohr money

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Pofgrace(m): 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:

Oh
Okay
That means the account can be traced
yes
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by sben2308(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
ignis:
You definitely compromised your account details... Be careful next time... Money is gone and gone for good.

Pls how is the account compromised, same thing happened to me this year around May when money was moved from my acct Via same POS also .Mine is firstbank and till now the foolish bank couldn't do anything.
Listen no money is gone okay ,write to CBN joor
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
PrettyBoyBreezy:
It is kuda for sure. Someone used ur atm number and code to purchase something online. People feel it's not possible, i have proved them wrong on numerous occasions. Snap ur atm front and back and send me on WhatsApp and u will see 5k just go like dat even if u are with d atm der grin

Don't quote me asking if they won't send otp or password before purchase. If you are doubting, u know what to do grin

Lol 2D Gateway Payment. Very Insecure.....
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by NnamdiN: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Access bank
it's definitely going to be access bank. Their security is as tight as Nigerian borders. The money is gone bro. I no longer use my account with them.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
Deicide:
Go back to your bank again and shout for them. I used my access bank atm card to pay for an item on aliexpress and they didn't even ask for otp.
that can only happen with mastercard Atm
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
delex004:

That's not Kuda
It's Kudi
it's the same company sir
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by prestige2013: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Send mail to fraud unit of your bank,
copy CBN, NIBSS and follow duly. You might be lucky to get refund.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
prestige2013:

Send mail to fraud unit of your bank,
copy CBN, NIBSS and follow duly. You might be lucky to get refund.
How will I go about this abeg throw more light abeg
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by fesman15: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
Aliexpress is 2d mode of verification no need of otp unlike the 3d like Amazon winks

Deicide:
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by PotatoSalad(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
PrettyBoyBreezy:

Because some e commerce sites are porous.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Collins4u1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
Pos web.

Online transaction...not every POS means that it's roadside POS people that did it.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by bigpicture001: 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
The . O ey was stolen by the friend of the worker of that POS u used last...

See how it goes... If u use a machine (pOS ) for transaction, the details of the card is stored in the system of the POS provider e. G bank, apzome, fet, moniepoint, opay etc..

The agents don't try to steal from customers, the POS providers also don't need to steal from u.. but the workers of the POS providers steal this details that is availed to them cuz of their access to them and sell to fraudsters who there after clear ur account without a trace....

To safe urself from being victim.. stop the use of POS machines that are not from the banks
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Iriruaga100(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Yes. But looking at the bank statement the culprit used another pos machine.

Go arrest the pos operator you did your last transaction with. They’re the culprit.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by prestige2013: 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

How will I go about this abeg throw more light abeg

Send mail to Access bank Customer Care or fraud unit, try n get Kuda Customer care mail let Kuda be in copy with the mail address below also in copy.

info@nibss-plc.com.ng- NIBSS
cpd@cbn.gov.ng - CBN
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by The5DME(m): 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
You're not smart.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by don4real18(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Can I report the case to Kuda cause my bank access are not helping Matters at all.
Access bank won't do anything. Heck, they even defend fraudsters.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by myked(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by vickydevoka(m): 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hillarie:
Get in touch with Kuda, please. 45k isn't small money chai
They money is gone abeg. So watin de pos guy go do
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by vickydevoka(m): 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ayomivic:

I think the person used cardless method withdraw to removed your money.

I don't think their is anything you can do about that except if you want to go after the POS owner he used and that is possible if the account number at that your receipt belongs to the pos owner
Exactly. Only u get de gist. De niggar snapped his ATM front n back
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Gentledizzle: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

OP, it's a web transaction. Some use your card to deposit on Kuda. Payment made online using card. Is called Pos Web transaction also.

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by MrOON: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Go to your bank and request for destination(scammer) account number. Report this development officially to your bank too.

Once you have done this, go to the scammer's bank and report officially.

Then file a law suite, if you can.

However, If it was used to for online purchase, the thing cant be delivered over night. Go straight to the vendors address and report immediately stop delivery of the product, and they can trace and find out the delivery address.

If it is international website , write a mail immediately to the company and find out how to reach them on phone. Follow this up to stop them from shipping the product. Then work with your bank to initiate the refund.

You can get your money back. You only need to be articulate.

3 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by cedricksly: 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
The person loaded a particular Kuda account using your card details... They must have snapped it once of these days without your knowledge.. The fact that they removed money from it that day does not mean that was the day your card details was compromised....... Copy the transaction reference and talk to kuda via phone number or if u are in lagos go to their customer care office in lagos and complain.. They will put the money on Lien and wait for you to bring court order to remove it..

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Aanumi16: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
lordprogress:

Its not a function of if your bank is secured or not, the person used your card details to buy something online. It has happened to me on Aliexpress several times, no any means of authorization, just my card details without pin, and I was debited.

You can make a complain but not sure if anything can be done about it, moving forward just guide your card jealously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tonye Cole Buys His Wife, Sylvia Cole, A Benz For Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary / Providus Bank Deactivates PiggyVest & Monnify Virtual Account Numbers / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.