Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (40252 Views)

Banks Lift Suspension Of International Transaction On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Ajeyo(m): 6:05am On Dec 03, 2021
jaeyking:
The transaction was made to kuda bank.
You could file a report to kuda if that's possible

Modified
You could get a court order that would gives kuda bank the authority to remove any money that comes into that account.
Since it's a virtual bank, more or less the money is not retrievable

Unless if the court order can also restrict the bvn which would affect any account linked with the bvn

Can you give me the contact of a lawyer that can help with this?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by greygoblings(m): 6:19am On Dec 03, 2021
itubaba001:
But how is this possible someone should tell us

It's a simple case of card skimming. Where he used his ATM card in a POS machine that has skimmers installed. His card details was generated reading the black magnetic strip on the card or the chip by the skimmer and his details generated. Since the fraudster sent his proceeds to a Kuda account, he can easily be caught or he should hold the guys with the POS responsible. It's definitely from the POS or a public ATM machine with installed skimmers.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Qoko: 6:37am On Dec 03, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.
I have gone to the bank they only gave me statement and blocked the card.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night
Note: my card was with me not that I misplaced it.

The fastest ways to get the culprit Acct number is to report get a police report, police will send a letter to your bank for a statement and another letter to Kuda to freeze the Kuda POS cos it’s under investigation.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Impregnablefolk: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2021
lordprogress:

Can I report the case to Kuda cause my bank access are not helping Matters at all.
Ur bank can help u trace n track dat transaction, but I can't help but wonder y dey won't do dat. Probably, 4 security reasons. D call, transport n oda forms of investigative expenses is wat dey r trying 2 avoid. God be ur helper!
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by ICEWIN: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2021
jaeyking:
The transaction was made to kuda bank.
You could file a report to kuda if that's possible

Modified
You could get a court order that would gives kuda bank the authority to remove any money that comes into that account.
Since it's a virtual bank, more or less the money is not retrievable

Unless if the court order can also restrict the bvn which would affect any account linked with the bvn

No court that has the jurisdiction to restrict b.v.n link to any related bank.
court only have the right to sanction the affected account number and bank.
they can only trace his other account link to his BVNjb.
beside no available resources 4 that yet.
the least he can do is to report it to kuda bank with court order to restrict him account,if the fraudstar haven't withdraw the money yet,if he has done that is of no use.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2021
lordprogress:

Access bank

I know it must be Access Bank.

It can happen through other banks as well.

Nigerians are sitting on kegs of gun powder with the operations of various quick loan banks online.

Most of them are just after your information. When you give your names, account number, BVN, phone number, ATM CARD DETAILS (Card number, CYY, Expiry Date and logically made you to enter your pin details indirectly). In future, anything can happen to that account.

Some of those online loan companies are scammers. The genuine ones have great scammers among their staff. The experiences of some people in the hands of FAIRMONEY scammers made me to know Nigerians releasing card details for quick online loan are taking great risk.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Timekeeper: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2021
Ishilove:

You will not request to learn beta tin. Na how to rob people that you want to learn how to do. Carry on, you hear? But remember that if you must continue in your evil, make sure you have the heart to bear the consequences.

Adegokenama, I hope one day u will be caught and burnt till u turn to ashes if your intentions is to start defrauding people most especially in this trying times

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2021
greygoblings:

It's a simple case of card skimming. Where he used his ATM card in a POS machine that has skimmers installed. His card details was generated reading the black magnetic strip on the card or the chip by the skimmer and his details generated. Since the fraudster sent his proceeds to a Kuda account, he can easily be caught or he should hold the guys with the POS responsible. It's definitely from the POS or a public ATM machine with installed skimmers.

Most of these fintech financial institutions have scammers and highly fraudulent people internally aiding, abetting and perfecting the fraud.

FAIRMONEY. There are so many cases on complicity in Fairmoney.

One of the Fraudulent Accounts used to receive victims money is Fairmoney Account 7045184663. Account Name : Doyinsola Anifowoshe.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by delex004(m): 7:32am On Dec 03, 2021
Poleski:

Must Kuda have POS machine for someone to send money there via POS? I don't think so.

Oga what are you saying?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by rosechika1994: 7:54am On Dec 03, 2021
It was not done through pos, your bank lied, reply me for more explanation

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by HIbreed(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2021
fesman15:
Aliexpress is 2d mode of verification no need of otp unlike the 3d like Amazon winks

No, they'll request verification for the first time, and if the account name does not match with the name on the card.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2021
beejay85:

Similar thing happened to a friend who runs a POS station...he got an alert of abt 260k Oct ending not knowing where it came from...2 days ago he got debited 210000 ,he went to d bank and was told he got a loan in Oct...( Which he never applied for) ...and they debited it...So my friend , did u get an alert in October which u tink it's Sambo Dasuki running Bazaar?....cos my friends debit too is from KUDa
Was the loan app in his account profile
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by baralatie(m): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2021
bigpicture001:
The . O ey was stolen by the friend of the worker of that POS u used last...

See how it goes... If u use a machine (pOS ) for transaction, the details of the card is stored in the system of the POS provider e. G bank, apzome, fet, moniepoint, opay etc..

The agents don't try to steal from customers, the POS providers also don't need to steal from u.. but the workers of the POS providers steal this details that is availed to them cuz of their access to them and sell to fraudsters who there after clear ur account without a trace....

To safe urself from being victim.. stop the use of POS machines that are not from the banks
Ok
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by jmichael259(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2021
lordprogress:
I need help guys, somebody just withdrew 45000 thousand from account with Pos with out my consent on the 29th of November.

I want to know if there is any way I can get the name or the account number of the culprit if I could recognise, cause my last transaction was that evening with my card around 5 pm while the 45k was removed around 11 pm that night

THIS IS AN ONLINE TRANSACTION NOT PHYSICAL POS WITHDRAWAL. SOMEONE COPIED UR CARD DETAILS AND USED IT TO FUND AN ACCOUNT ONLINE. For example, I can use my card to do transactions online without holding it cos I have all the numbers memorized. Maybe the person knows you or recorded ur card details (card cloning) when you were running a transaction at an ATM, POS or even online.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:17am On Dec 03, 2021
ignis:
You definitely compromised your account details... Be careful next time... Money is gone and gone for good.

Learn, when and how to use that phrase

2 Likes

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Govocrete: 8:18am On Dec 03, 2021
Piece of advice. Set up two accounts, one without a passbook or Atm card. The second is set up with an ATM card.

If you need to use ATM use the account without a card or passbook/cheque as a feeder for your ATM transaction account.

Save yourself the stress.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by HIbreed(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

Block that card, it's been compromised, it's better you lose 1k now in getting a new card or end up losing much more wen they succeed, i learnt the hard way earlier this yr! 170k gone!!! cry
too bad, must be heartbreaking to you.
Let me chip you how i handle my card wahala since 5 years and counting.
Your ATM card is unnecessary for every account. Open a double account in each bank you intend to bank with, then request ATM for one account. Do this as much bank accounts you'll like to open with any bank.
Copy the account details to evernote (download it on google play)
google and activate ussd codes for your accounts and input their codes on evernote.

Lock your sim for security.

Each time you want to use ATM or POS machine, transfer to the account with card and then withdraw immediately. If transfer cannot gp through then use ussd.
I have up to 8 ATM cards. My cards are piece of junks to me. I have been doing this more than 5 years and i have total peace.

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2021
williams85:

Most POS with banks like firstmoni, zenith on them are legit.. just get one credible operator.

God bless you.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by jaeyking(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2021
ICEWIN:

No court that has the jurisdiction to restrict b.v.n link to any related bank.
court only have the right to sanction the affected account number and bank.
they can only trace his other account link to his BVNjb.
beside no available resources 4 that yet.
the least he can do is to report it to kuda bank with court order to restrict him account,if the fraudstar haven't withdraw the money yet,if he has done that is of no use.

Thats y I said unless a court order can do such restrictions
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by buoye1(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2021
williams85:

Most POS with banks like firstmoni, zenith on them are legit.. just get one credible operator.
This is very correct, i make sure i use just one POS in my area, if otherwise i go use an ATM
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by ignis: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Learn, when and how to use that phrase

Please teach me

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by anyilalaz: 9:31am On Dec 03, 2021
A lesson for all of us at this hard and trying time. Please, ''nairalanders '' always use razor to wear/remove the digits for expire date and Security. just memorize those number and you are good and safe. Perhaps, if you can equally erase the last four digits of the 12 digits. Memorize them.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2021
jmichael259:

THIS IS AN ONLINE TRANSACTION NOT PHYSICAL POS WITHDRAWAL. SOMEONE COPIED UR CARD DETAILS AND USED IT TO FUND AN ACCOUNT ONLINE. For example, I can use my card to do transactions online without holding it cos I have all the numbers memorized. Maybe the person knows you or recorded ur card details (card cloning) when you were running a transaction at an ATM, POS or even online.

The same card details you are talking about is what these quick loans companies collect in order to withdraw your debt whenever the loan matured. Their fraudulent staff working with outsiders can use the information to empty your account
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by tunnex190: 10:05am On Dec 03, 2021
davo90tico:

The account number is 1478994126 so try to send money to it to see the account name then report to kuda immediately with proof

This worth trying @ OP

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by tunnex190: 10:09am On Dec 03, 2021
jmichael259:

I want to agree to this but how is he gonna do the OTP? At least the fraudster must be accessible to his phone to get the OTP? Or can there be completed transaction online without an OTP?
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by ChinaROBOT(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2021
Most people commenting here are all talking about only POS vendor.. all this nonsense apps borrowing money can compromised our account when you tied ur atm card with them.
Maybe the guy has used one of them. But all his mind is 4 pos people.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by lordprogress: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2021
tunnex190:

This worth trying @ OP
That Kuda account does not exist.
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Coolgent(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2021
lordprogress:

Get a court order for reversal, it work
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by Dagger111(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2021
Leverage2021:
Na salomir go do you this thing so o

So u mean Slawomiir na thief?

1 Like

Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by BullyBullies: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
delex004:

Yes
There's no Kuda pos machine
Only Kudi

Fellow Nigerian, Judi is same thing as Kuda sir. Go to playstore as if you want to download Kuda Bank app, it is called Kudi money. It's same thing
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by delex004(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
BullyBullies:

Fellow Nigerian, Judi is same thing as Kuda sir. Go to playstore as if you want to download Kuda Bank app, it is called Kudi money. It's same thing
It's not the same thing Bros
They are two different company
Re: POS Fraud Transaction On My Account by adegokenama: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
Timekeeper:

Adegokenama, I hope one day u will be caught and burnt till u turn to ashes if your intentions is to start defrauding people most especially in this trying times
it's your generation that will burn to ashes..bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Biggest Employers In The World. / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.