Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? (47226 Views)

Can A Woman Get Pregnant This Way Without Loosing Her Virginity??? / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by bxcode(m): 9:25am On Jun 12, 2011
Marriage is all about being ready for it, marry because others are doing why you aint ready, then you are in for some pleasant suprises cool cool
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ikooko(m): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2011
I suggest 24yrs for ladies and 29yrs for guys.
My reasons,
1. A 24yr old lady has same maturity and exposure with a guy 5yrs older. They will be able to handle issues and take concrete decisions together.
2. They will grow together with their children since they are more or less belong to d same generation.
3.By d time d lady is 50yrs, she has graduate children and probably grand children.
At this age, you can begin to conslidate your empire. The beauty in this is that you are not spending your old age changing pampers and attending PTA meetings like my ibo brothers.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by marcus1234: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2011
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by omoalaro: 10:50am On Jun 12, 2011
I am 47 and i married at 26 (after NYSC and working). My first son is in his 2nd year in the university and my second son is writing his school cert exams right now. my colleagues are envying me now because most of them have their first born in primary schools now. The question i asked them is were you still not sleeping with women at age 26?.
God willing my boys will get married between 25-27 and my girls between 20-23.
If need be i will support them for a while just like my parents did for me and am happy for it today.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2011
omo alaro:

I am 47 and i married at 26 (after NYSC and working). My first son is in his 2nd year in the university and my second son is writing his school cert exams right now. my colleagues are envying me now because most of them have their first born in primary schools now. The question i asked them is were you still not sleeping with women at age 26?.
If need be i will support them for a while just like my parents did for me and am happy for it today.
[size=28pt]
GBAMMED!! MAY MY STORY NOT BE MUCH DIFFERENT FROM YOURS

AMEN!!
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2011
190:

dont be deceived

a woman can marry at any time and men's official age is 27

read articles or Journals OK

undecided
What age did abraham marry -- he married at age 25 and his wife sarah married her husband at age 90

do the math

Are you sniffing that dried pepper again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2011
At topic, I will say any age u feel like you are ready and ur partner is ready also
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2011
mydreamz:

Are you sniffing that dried pepper again?

mscheew undecided
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by MsPotato(f): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2011
In my family culture and traditions, its npreferably 30 years old for ladies and 35 years old for gentlemen

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2011
Roper - can i marry you when im 15yrs old angry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by alexola20(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2011
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by malaria(f): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
@syenite,gbam, fullstop u'v said it all
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by MMM2(m): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
anytime he or she is ready.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by PHIPEX(m): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2011
As far as am concerned, as a guy my target is 30 by the grace of God, with a lady of about 26.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by BABE3: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
@Topic in general

I now know why the rate of divorce around the world is increasing exponentially; people are having TARGET AGE to get married. wtf?

So if you don't meet "the one" at that age, you'll marry any tom, d1ck and harry potter? Is it by force? Must you bear Mr & Mrs and go through hell living with someone you don't love? That's like self-punishment in my book--
I don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by oladayo042: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2011
13 for a girl (Ask Yerima). tongue
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
I'll get married when I'm between the ages of 32-35.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by adebio: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
Well marriage is a product of mindset, ethinicity, social life, religion, ideology etc. The topic of marriage is @ variance to different ppl. One can marry at any age on deem fit.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by LongOne1(m): 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2011
With advances in science, women can have babies much later in life than before, so don't see what the big fuss is.

For those of you who feel that men are sexually frustrated after 27, may it be so for you. Haven't you seen randy old men in their 50's? Ever heard of the 'blue pill' for older men?

28 - 30-ish feels about the right time for a man.

Barack Obama married when he was about 30 or 31. His wife, Michelle about 28.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
Long One:

With advances in science, women can have babies much later in life than before, so don't see what the big fuss is.

For those of you who feel that men are sexually frustrated after 27, may it be so for you. Haven't you seen randy old men in their 50's? Ever heard of the 'blue pill' for older men?

28 - 30-ish feels about the right time for a man.

Barack Obama married when he was about 30 or 31. His wife, Michelle about 28.

An old man with small kids'

His mates kid's already are in the University

Keep drawing comparism to one ugly man with long neck

every where Baraku Baraku Baraku

People cant sleep at home at nite cos of Baraku angry angry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by bigcent(m): 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2011
Nt just at any age,but 4 the guys,i think wen u've gat the money,
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ginky: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
I really like the responses I am getting to my question. Thanks y'all

@ Omo Alaro- You really made a good decision by marrying at 26. Most guys these days can't imagine marrying that early, thumbsup smiley.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by IfeLuvely: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
omo alaro:

Kudos to you mayn, but what if your dawtas r not ready @ 20-23, i definitely believe this is a relatively good age for a woman to marry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by LongOne1(m): 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2011
190:

An old man with small kids'

His mates kid's already are in the University

Keep drawing comparism to one ugly man with long neck

every where Baraku Baraku Baraku

People cant sleep at home at nite cos of Baraku  angry angry

Ha ha ha, ROFLMAO.
Well, he didn't have a kid till 6 years later. Don't hate the man; he set a record for blacks.
Just saying a man needs to be mature enough to understand the implications, thereby avoiding infidelity and a broken home. As a friend once put it, you need to understand the life sentence before you commit.
ginky:

I really like the responses I am getting to my question. Thanks y'all

@ Omo Alaro- You really made a good decision by marrying at 26. Most guys these days can't imagine marrying that early, thumbsup smiley.
@ poster
Lemme guess, you are now armed with ‘machinery’ for the boyfriend/girlfriend?
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ilovelagos: 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
24 - 30 for girls.
After 30, a woman might not have the desire to get married at all.

I do not know the right age for man to get married . Maybe they can get married at any time as long as they have something. (fame or money)

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nosyke(m): 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2011
omo alaro:

Sincerely, I really admire you decision and the results, but yours was an exceptional case where you had your parents support you, most or many  other guys are still struggling with their NYSC by 26 let alone getting a job and settling down judging by the current economic realities, it normally gets more comfortable/convenient for guys to marry by 28-30, Let me break it down for you:
24 years- graduate from college
25-26 years- NYSC
27-29years- Job hunt(if very lucky)
30years- settle down

As for the ladies, about 24-27 years is ok:
24years -graduate from college
25-26 years-NYSC
after 27 Job or Husband whichever comes first
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by pimpJay11(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2011
I got Married @22 i'm gon be 27 in August 2011,  My first Son is 5yrs n some more,  the second is 3yrs n some more, We r expecting our last babi (a girL) by August. and since i got married God's been so faithfull Financialy and otherwise,  The bitter truth is dat, since i stay away from my family i cheat sometimes, It's actualy a pain in ma Ass,  but i'm gon stop the whole shyt! "Marriage is so sweet but they r bitter times too,  You gotta be a Man to handle it"
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by skyone(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2011
what about if a lady is age 31?
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2011
skyone:

what about if a lady is age 31?

Too old - she should go into sugar mummism angry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2011
190:

Too old - she should go into sugar mummism angry
31 too old? what about 40? grin
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by lydosky: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2011
Age is not the criteria to get married in life, i believe, U can get married anytime U feel u're mature enough and comfortable

at least time after 21 for both Men and Women
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2011
As long as you over 18 u can get married anytime

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / Sex Doll Programmed To Refuse Sex If She’s Bored Or Disrespected / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.