Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? (47225 Views)

Can A Woman Get Pregnant This Way Without Loosing Her Virginity??? / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2011
As long as you over 18 u can get married anytime
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
^story undecided
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Sike(m): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
To me, anything goes after 25,
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by okeyazu: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
from 20 if you are emotionally, mentally and financially prepared
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nosyke(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2011
okeyazu:

from 20 if you are emotionally, mentally and financially prepared

[i]You must be a serious joker[/i]

lydosky:

Age is not the criteria to get married in life
, i believe, U can get married anytime U feel u're mature enough and comfortable

at least time after 21 for both Men and Women

Are you serious??then would/can that be?
pimpJay11:

I got Married @22 i'm gon be 27 in August 2011,  My first Son is 5yrs n some more,  the second is 3yrs n some more, We r expecting our last babi (a girL) by August. and since i got married God's been so faithfull Financialy and otherwise,  The bitter truth is dat, since i stay away from my family i cheat sometimes, It's actualy a pain in ma backside,  but i'm gon stop the whole shyt! "Marriage is so sweet but they r bitter times too,  You gotta be a Man to handle it"

shocked shocked shocked
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ginky: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ Longone- L.O.L, I am not going to use any "machinery" oh
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
Nosyke:

[/i]

[i][i]You must be a serious joker
[/i]

Are you serious??then would/can that be?
shocked shocked shocked
What is so funny in what he said?
In the USA ppl get married at 18 to 19 yrs because they go to school very early and hence become indenpendent quite early as well.The reason why we africans get married quite late is because at the time we become indenpendent from our parents we are well into our late 20s and of course the extreme poverty plays a big role in the lateness in marriage.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nosyke(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
tom28:

What is so funny in what he said?
In the USA ppl get married at 18 to 19 yrs because they go to school very early and hence become indenpendent quite early as well.The reason why we africans get married quite late is because at the time we become indenpendent from our parents we are well into our late 20s and of course the extreme poverty plays a big role in the lateness in marriage.

Oga, you would have also told us how many of those Underage/premature marriages that hit the rocks as soon as the scales of infatuation and lust start falling off the couples' eyes
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobleangel1(f): 3:03am On Nov 25, 2011
For female it is always gud 2 gt marid at early 20tis bt 4 male it gud 2 marry 4rm d age of 29 n abv.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by BloodShed1: 3:18am On Nov 25, 2011
NEVER.

Nothing in it for a man.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 25, 2011
^^^^^ sad
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 25, 2011
Ok what of if the man at 29 yrs he no get job so must he marry and make plenty pickins? grin
Remember say welfare package no dey naija ooo grin
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by BloodShed1: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2011
talina:

^^^^^ sad

Tell me I'm lying lol
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Anderson123(m): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
Between 27 and 29 for a man and between 25 and 27 for d ladies.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
ginky: What Age Would You Consider The Most Appropriate For A Man And A Woman To:

Hey guys, its being a while I posted a topic here on nairaland. Hope you've all being good? Please, I want your wise replies and reasons for whatever answers you come up with.

My question is: what is the age range for a man or a woman get married? I know a lot of things come into play like being ready mentally, emotionally ,financially because a lot of men would want to be "settled" as they like to say. I don't have a problem with this at all just that their idea on being "settled" means being excessively rich(nothing wrong with it either just that I feel it's too extreme).

Now, assuming all things being equal (at least good enough), what age would you consider the right age to get married? I know people would say that there is no such thing as the right age and I agree completely that's why I prefer to use "age-range". Lets just use a rough scale.
Frm age of accountability til death stay married to Christ the super bride!
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Youngpo413: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2014
ginky:
What Age Would You Consider The Most Appropriate For A Man And A Woman To:

Hey guys, its being a while I posted a topic here on nairaland. Hope you've all being good? Please, I want your wise replies and reasons for whatever answers you come up with.

My question is: what is the age range for a man or a woman get married? I know a lot of things come into play like being ready mentally, emotionally ,financially because a lot of men would want to be "settled" as they like to say. I don't have a problem with this at all just that their idea on being "settled" means being excessively rich(nothing wrong with it either just that I feel it's too extreme).

Now, assuming all things being equal (at least good enough), what age would you consider the right age to get married? I know people would say that there is no such thing as the right age and I agree completely that's why I prefer to use "age-range". Lets just use a rough scale.
A lady should "try" and get married between the age of 24 to 28yrs,from 30yrs upward,that one na old woman be that.
As for a man,even if he is 34,he can still get married to a 24 old lady.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Youngpo413: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2014
BABE3:
@Topic in general

I now know why the rate of divorce around the world is increasing exponentially; people are having TARGET AGE to get married. wtf?

So if you don't meet "the one" at that age, you'll marry any tom, d1ck and harry potter? Is it by force? Must you bear Mr & Mrs and go through hell living with someone you don't love? That's like self-punishment in my book--
I don't get it.
things have change nowadays especially for the ladies,if they are waiting for "the one",plenty go old for their papa house.
Look at around,many are in their thirties still waiting for "the one".
As for the ladies,its better to marry and divorce than waiting for "the one" till eternity,so if any man is doing you a favour by marrying you,just follow him asap,after all finding a husband nowadays is just an herculean task,husband scarce well well,its up to you all to decide.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by bukaldrinio(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Not these days.....now ladies marry at 40s

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / Sex Doll Programmed To Refuse Sex If She’s Bored Or Disrespected / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.