Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. (2402 Views)

Nigeria Elections: A South African Nairalander Perspective / Zabarmari Massacre: A Student, Babangida Among Farmers Killed By Boko Haram / The Word "Massacre" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:47am On Dec 03, 2021
1538eight:
[s][/s]
your papa na arm robber
you need to go back to school biko
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
you need to go back to school biko
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2021
1538eight:
[s][/s]
you'll be killed very soon
AsampeteNwaanyi see what meth has done this ibo pikin

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
myn.d44 lalas.ticlala S.eun

Rule 2
are you offended with my moniker?
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by amc: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:

Toks. I read your post (I am a fast reader).

Meanwhile, when did sanwolu agreed that 2persons died at lekkigate? Those were casualties he agreed to in Lagos state not lekkigate.

As for other interviews, they still remain an hearsay. That means there are not evidence.

The two peope that Sanwo-Olu said died did not wdie of bullet wounds. He said that on his social media pages and I believe when he was interviewed. So why do guys keep mentioning those two when it is clear they were not killed by army bullets?

2 Likes

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by helinues: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:

AsampeteNwaanyi see what meth has done this ibo pikin

For his shikini mind, he thinks mods are still taking his reporting seriously.

Someone wey be say na him be the lowest member on this forum.

Sloth wey wan go in a marathon rave with a Cheetah.. Na trespassing

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
amc:

The two peope that Sanwo-Olu said died did not wdie of bullet wounds. He said that on his social media pages and I believe when he was interviewed. So why do guys keep mentioning those two when it is clear they were not killed by army bullets?
They need something or anything to prove there was a massacre. Mischievous people.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Help2020: 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:
Toks, your write-up is worst than the panel. You are still not bring up hard evidences for this. And as for the papers you quoted, many of them trended on the issues for clouts. Not many of them were after evidence. They based their findings on copy and paste journalism or hearsay from people (interviews).

By the way, no one is saying shooting didn't occur. Soldiers claimed they shot into the air.

No one is saying there were no casualties. There were casualties across the state not lekkigate as u intend to claim. How come all the casualties in Lagos before, on and after that Oct 20 were counted to be victims of lekkigate?

How sure are you that those casualties are govt security related? For all we care, there were cult clashes within the state using the chaos as a chance to cause trouble knowing fully well the securities were distracted.

After the chaos, do you have numbers of casualties on Lagos street day by day till date? Many of which might be caused by; robberies gone wrong, cult supremacy, rituals etc. Can they be counted as endsars as well? More so, the lekkigate?

The thing is, your narrative is your opinion. It doesn't have any fact other than emotions. Ask yourself questions and answer them, maybe you will get the answers you seek.

But I want you to know something, lies and deceit can never trump truth no matter what.

Till then, I wish you well.
The penalist are lawyers and a retired judge. I guess you know more than them?
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
Help2020:

The penalist are lawyers and a retired judge. I guess you know more than them?
Fallacy of authority. That line is lame. I am sure you are aware that your san Mr Ebun already admitted there is an error. He called it minor error cheesy
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by flokii: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
@OP You're an existential threat to your own self..

The day you'll be at the receiving end of false accusation of say rape or murder is when you'll undestand that life goes beyond puerile sentiments and emotions.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by joyandfaith: 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
helinues:

Have you?

Yes. Cases of murder case and extrajudiciary killings would be covered up. Thanks to corrupt police and judiciary. Rape? Police would even blame the victims.
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
Lalasticlala i would like you to take a closer look at this.
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Drogunov: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:
The desperation to force Nigerians to accept a massacre that never happened is real.

OP, what the fvck is this? Even a well funded panel of expert couldn’t establish a massacre after sitting for over a year but you think you can prove a massacre by cut and paste stories? Are you sure you’re okay? Better go do something meaningful with your time instead of posting nonsense all over the place.

SHUT UP THERE! Advocate of mass killing.
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Drogunov:

SHUT UP THERE! Advocate of mass killing.

Don't mind them
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by otherway: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
Toks2008:
Many people always ascribe the word Massacre to mean the killing of hundreds of people or more but the fact is that you only need to kill at least 5 people for a massacre to occur and that is the essence of this thread...To study the word MASSACRE in order to ascertain if indeed it took place at the Lekki Tollgate.

According to the Cambridge Dictionary, Massacre means the killing of many people in a short period of time:

Lets take a closer look at the word ''Many'' as well as ''kill'' in the definitions above.

The Word Many usually refers to a large number of something countable but as a general rule, two is a couple, three is a few, four is several. However, It is generally accepted that “many,” while having no precise number attached to it, is the greatest in quantity in this list. You might have many choices, and that suggests far more than choosing between solely A, B, C or perhaps D. So the word many is generally believed to mean any number greater than four.

The word kill can be defined as an action that directly causes death or that indirectly leads to death.

So before we can conclude if there was indeed a massacre at the Lekki tollgate we need to ask these questions..

Did at least 5 people die at Lekki tollgate directly or indirectly as a result of the shootings by security operatives of either life Bullets or blanks ?

1. According to Premium times https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/422446-endsars-sanwo-olu-confirms-two-deaths-from-lekki-shooting.html.. The governor of Lagos state Sanwo Olu Confirmed two deaths at the Lekki tollgate

2. Many people have argued that if indeed there was a massacre, the families of the dead would have come out to speak and while some people agreed with this position, some strongly believe that fear could be the reason why many have not come out to speak but this is not the case with Adesola who painfully recounted how she went in search of her child at the lekki tollgate and saw a dead body of a small boy lying dead and holding the Nigerian flag and with a bullet wound on the side of his body and also saw someone in the gutter who had an iron bar in his eye. The person was already dead," she recalled.

According to her story "When I saw my son, I shouted and held him... The blood was too much, there was a bullet wound on his chest. His clothes were torn and the bullet had come out of his back," she said, weeping as she recounted the painful moment. Despite his injuries, she discovered her son was still alive. I saw other people carrying their relatives, so I tried to carry him because he was still breathing at that moment. I called for help and people came to help me put him in a vehicle, He was looking at us while we were carrying him. He was just screaming 'ah, ah,' in pain. They tried desperately to revive him in the car, but he didn't make it, she told CNN. "He died in my arms," Adesola said. "I was shouting and I couldn't keep calm." https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/19/africa/lekki-toll-gate-shooting-one-year-intl-cmd/index.html

3. There were other witnesses like Olamilekan Sanusi who came to the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry and recounted his harrowing experience. Appearing before Rabiat Fawehinmi-Morakinyo, C.O. Ngoka and others, Sanusi had said in his testimony, “About eleven (11) people died that they took away.

“I could hear a woman saying ‘you must not die, my son’. I was lying beside her wearing blue, she was holding her son’s hand saying you must not die. I was hearing a sound like the wind. I tried to open my eyes but I could not. I later found myself in a hospital with a drip.” http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/28/endsars-how-testimony-survivor-lekki-tollgate-massacre-rubbishes-claim-lagos-lawyer

4. The Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry concluded that the Nigerian Army shot and killed at least 11 unarmed, peaceful protesters and wounded dozens of others during a demonstration last year, in an incident that can be labelled a massacre, a government panel has found.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/16/world/africa/nigeria-protest-report-massacare.html

CONLUSION.
Leaving out Number 3 and 4, it is confirmed that at least 5 people died as a result of the Lekki tollgate shooting of unarmed protesters and this is more than enough to call it a Massacre.

My Candid opinion. Which does not represent the view of nairaland or any other body or individual.

Brilliant.

Then in this case, there is no doubt that there was a massacre at the tollgate.

Honestly up till now i had always thought that massacre means killing of scores of people but now i know better.

Thanks Toks
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
my.nd44 lalast.iclala Seun

Rule 2
amputee is serving ban

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between These Two Who Will Your Gateman/security Man? / Video: Obidients Waiting For Peter Obi And His VP At Yakubu Gowon Airport In Jos / See What Happened When Kwankwaso Supporters Clashed With Obidient Fans In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.