Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,826 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. (2370 Views)

Nigeria Elections: A South African Nairalander Perspective / Zabarmari Massacre: A Student, Babangida Among Farmers Killed By Boko Haram / The Word "Massacre" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2021
Many people always ascribe the word Massacre to mean the killing of hundreds of people or more but the fact is that you only need to kill at least 5 people for a massacre to occur and that is the essence of this thread...To study the word MASSACRE in order to ascertain if indeed it took place at the Lekki Tollgate.

According to the Cambridge Dictionary, Massacre means the killing of many people in a short period of time:

Lets take a closer look at the word ''Many'' as well as ''kill'' in the definitions above.

The Word Many usually refers to a large number of something countable but as a general rule, two is a couple, three is a few, four is several. However, It is generally accepted that “many,” while having no precise number attached to it, is the greatest in quantity in this list. You might have many choices, and that suggests far more than choosing between solely A, B, C or perhaps D. So the word many is generally believed to mean any number greater than four.

The word kill can be defined as an action that directly causes death or that indirectly leads to death.

So before we can conclude if there was indeed a massacre at the Lekki tollgate we need to ask this question..

Did at least 5 people die at Lekki tollgate directly or indirectly as a result of the shootings by security operatives of either life Bullets or blanks ?

1. According to Premium times https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/422446-endsars-sanwo-olu-confirms-two-deaths-from-lekki-shooting.html.. The governor of Lagos state Sanwo Olu Confirmed two deaths at the Lekki tollgate

2. Many people have argued that if indeed there was a massacre, the families of the dead would have come out to speak and while some people agreed with this position, some strongly believe that fear could be the reason why many have not come out to speak but this is not the case with Adesola who painfully recounted how she went in search of her child at the lekki tollgate and saw a dead body of a small boy lying dead and holding the Nigerian flag and with a bullet wound on the side of his body and also saw someone in the gutter who had an iron bar in his eye. The person was already dead," she recalled.

According to her story "When I saw my son, I shouted and held him... The blood was too much, there was a bullet wound on his chest. His clothes were torn and the bullet had come out of his back," she said, weeping as she recounted the painful moment. Despite his injuries, she discovered her son was still alive. I saw other people carrying their relatives, so I tried to carry him because he was still breathing at that moment. I called for help and people came to help me put him in a vehicle, He was looking at us while we were carrying him. He was just screaming 'ah, ah,' in pain. They tried desperately to revive him in the car, but he didn't make it, she told CNN. "He died in my arms," Adesola said. "I was shouting and I couldn't keep calm." https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/19/africa/lekki-toll-gate-shooting-one-year-intl-cmd/index.html

3. There were other witnesses like Olamilekan Sanusi who came to the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry and recounted his harrowing experience. Appearing before Rabiat Fawehinmi-Morakinyo, C.O. Ngoka and others, Sanusi had said in his testimony, “About eleven (11) people died that they took away.

“I could hear a woman saying ‘you must not die, my son’. I was lying beside her wearing blue, she was holding her son’s hand saying you must not die. I was hearing a sound like the wind. I tried to open my eyes but I could not. I later found myself in a hospital with a drip.” http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/28/endsars-how-testimony-survivor-lekki-tollgate-massacre-rubbishes-claim-lagos-lawyer

4. The Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry concluded that the Nigerian Army shot and killed at least 11 unarmed, peaceful protesters and wounded dozens of others during a demonstration last year, in an incident that can be labelled a massacre, a government panel has found.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/16/world/africa/nigeria-protest-report-massacare.html

The question is... From the 11 Names released, even if according to the FG, there were one or two errors in names, shall we say the entire 11 names were made up?

CONLUSION.
Considering the 2 confirmed deaths by Governor Sanwo Olu, the eye witness account of Adeola, as well as that of Olamilekan Sanusi and the report of the Lagos judicial Panel, we can confirmed that at least 5 people died as a result of the Lekki tollgate shooting of unarmed protesters and this is more than enough to call it a Massacre.

My Candid opinion. Which does not represent the view of nairaland or any other body or individual.

2 Likes

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by chatinent: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2021
There was.

I don't need to analyse. I only need the Nigerian Army and FG to deny it to know it really happened.

2 Likes

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 8:39am On Dec 03, 2021
helinues:

It's just a pity that you sunk this Lekki massacre bulshit from onset.

So you are referring to killing of 5 people as a massacre. Should Five people killed now be termed a massacre.

This argument is logical enough but wondering why you are unable to comprehend

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 5 people is enough. GOSH

That is my point and anyone who argues this should have his o her academic certificate withdrawn.

A Massacre is the killing of many people and many means 5 or more...could be a million.

When you live in a country where human lives don't matter, the death of 5 citizens is never considered a massacre.

2 Likes

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks, your write-up is worst than the panel. You are still not bring up hard evidences for this. And as for the papers you quoted, many of them trended on the issues for clouts. Not many of them were after evidence. They based their findings on copy and paste journalism or hearsay from people (interviews).

By the way, no one is saying shooting didn't occur. Soldiers claimed they shot into the air.

No one is saying there were no casualties. There were casualties across the state not lekkigate as u intend to claim. How come all the casualties in Lagos before, on and after that Oct 20 were counted to be victims of lekkigate?

How sure are you that those casualties are govt security related? For all we care, there were cult clashes within the state using the chaos as a chance to cause trouble knowing fully well the securities were distracted.

After the chaos, do you have numbers of casualties on Lagos street day by day till date? Many of which might be caused by; robberies gone wrong, cult supremacy, rituals etc. Can they be counted as endsars as well? More so, the lekkigate?

The thing is, your narrative is your opinion. It doesn't have any fact other than emotions. Ask yourself questions and answer them, maybe you will get the answers you seek.

But I want you to know something, lies and deceit can never trump truth no matter what.

Till then, I wish you well.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Aufbauh(m): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2021
I heard that there is MASAKA after 'One Man Village' and 'New Nyanya' in Nassarawa state.
Bunch of Jokers seeking the dead among the living.

Again I asks, what factor(s) should keep the parents of the dead from coming out? Fear or intimidation? I can't just comprehend.
What should I be afraid of after loosing a child to an aggressor? We all die there! Except the dead is not mine.
The non appearance of the families of the dead to me put paid to the claim of massacre.

If you're a parent you'll understand that no intimidation from even the United State will stop you from coming out for your murdered lad.
It was the understanding of this infinite parental love that Solomon in the Bible applied in the case of two contentious women over the missing child.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by sammy329(m): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2021
smiley
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by rayvelez(m): 8:50am On Dec 03, 2021
Thr was indeed a massacred at Lekki toll gate. The army know, Sanwo-olu know, Tinubu and lastly Buhari know.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2021
chatinent:
There was.

I don't need to analyse. I only need the Nigerian Army and FG to deny it to know it really happened.
Not that you were sure. But what you think happened. Or what you want to believe happened.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2021
rayvelez:
Thr was indeed a massacred at Lekki toll gate. The army know, Sanwo-olu know, Tinubu and lastly Buhari know.
Are you sure? Why not sue those aforementioned to court?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by ba7man(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2021
Rubbish.

Faceless people using only their first names to avoid being traced are giving accounts in the media but when it's time to scrutinise their claims, they all dissapear and liars come forward instead.

The army carried away bodies but waited long enough for mothers to hear the news and run down from their locations to search the whole tollgate for their sons ( Once i hear "He was holding Nigerian flag" i know it's trash meant to whip up sympathy).

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Oblongata: 9:03am On Dec 03, 2021
Chat btw a god father and a governor…

GF:Clean up the Lekky mess, it’s going to be election time soon and we don’t want people using that against us…

G: Ok sir, but how do you suppose we do that?

GF: I don’t know, make a panel or something, time heals so let there be lot of delays, then come out with a verdict of no killings…

G: Sir, if the panel’s report states otherwise nko?

GF: You are the governor, ensure the final verdict comes from you, make them believe you…

G: Ok sir! What of the families of the slain?

GF:Ensure no one comes forward. Make use of info mgt. get the people on your side, call it a truce or something, make a peace walk, just get the people back on your side!

G: ok sir

GF: if you lie to them long enough, they just might start believing you. That’s same stuff the lying minister uses.

G: great point sir!

GF: sweep this under the carpet before year runs out! I don’t want to hear about any Lekki stuff again!

G: Roger that sir!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by joyandfaith: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:
I think the word massacre should be studied properly in order to ascertain if indeed it took place at the Lekki Tollgate.

According to merriam-webster Dictionary, A Massacre is defined as the act or an instance of killing a number of usually helpless or unresisting human beings under circumstances of atrocity or cruelty. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/massacre

And also according to the Cambridge Dictionary, Massacre means the killing of many people in a short period of time:

Further more we will be looking at the word ''Many'' as well as ''kill'' in the definitions above.

The Word Many usually refers to a large number of something countable but as a general rule, two is a couple, three is a few, four is several. However, It is generally accepted that “many,” while having no precise number attached to it, is the greatest in quantity in this list. You might have many choices, and that suggests far more than choosing between solely A, B, C or perhaps D. So the word many is generally believed to mean any number greater than four.

The word kill can be defined as an action that directly causes death or that leads to death.

So before we can conclude if there was indeed a massacre at the Lekki tollgate we need to ask these questions..

Did at least 5 people die at Lekki tollgate directly or indirectly as a result of the shootings by soldiers of either life Bullets or blanks ?

1. According to Premium times https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/422446-endsars-sanwo-olu-confirms-two-deaths-from-lekki-shooting.html.. The governor of Lagos state Sanwo Olu Confirmed two deaths at the Lekki tollgate

2. Many people have argued that if indeed there was a massacre, the families of the dead would have come out to speak and while some people agreed with this position, some strongly believe that fear could be the reason why many have not come out to speak but this is not the case with Adesola who painfully recounted how she went in search of her child at the lekki tollgate and saw a dead body of a small boy lying dead and holding the Nigerian flag and with a bullet wound on the side of his body and also saw someone in the gutter who had an iron bar in his eye. The person was already dead," she recalled.

According to her story "When I saw my son, I shouted and held him... The blood was too much, there was a bullet wound on his chest. His clothes were torn and the bullet had come out of his back," she said, weeping as she recounted the painful moment. Despite his injuries, she discovered her son was still alive. I saw other people carrying their relatives, so I tried to carry him because he was still breathing at that moment. I called for help and people came to help me put him in a vehicle, He was looking at us while we were carrying him. He was just screaming 'ah, ah,' in pain. They tried desperately to revive him in the car, but he didn't make it, she told CNN. "He died in my arms," Adesola said. "I was shouting and I couldn't keep calm." https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/19/africa/lekki-toll-gate-shooting-one-year-intl-cmd/index.html

3. There were other witnesses like Olamilekan Sanusi who came to the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry and recounted his harrowing experience. Appearing before Rabiat Fawehinmi-Morakinyo, C.O. Ngoka and others, Sanusi had said in his testimony, “About eleven (11) people died that they took away.

“I could hear a woman saying ‘you must not die, my son’. I was lying beside her wearing blue, she was holding her son’s hand saying you must not die. I was hearing a sound like the wind. I tried to open my eyes but I could not. I later found myself in a hospital with a drip.” http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/28/endsars-how-testimony-survivor-lekki-tollgate-massacre-rubbishes-claim-lagos-lawyer

4. The Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry concluded that the Nigerian Army shot and killed at least 11 unarmed, peaceful protesters and wounded dozens of others during a demonstration last year, in an incident that can be labelled a massacre, a government panel has found.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/16/world/africa/nigeria-protest-report-massacare.html

Conclusively, leaving out Number 3 and 4, it is confirmed that at least 5 people died as a result of the Lekki tollgate shooting of unarmed protesters and this is more than enough to call it a Massacre.

My Candid opinion. Which does not represent the view of nairaland or any other body or individual.

There was massacre. I knew that on 20/10/20.
Government would never admit it. Army would never admit it. APC would never admit it.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:
Toks, your write-up is worst than the panel. You are still not bring up hard evidences for this. And as for the papers you quoted, many of them trended on the issues for clouts. Not many of them were after evidence. They based their findings on copy and paste journalism or hearsay from people (interviews).

By the way, no one is saying shooting didn't occur. Soldiers claimed they shot into the air.

No one is saying there were no casualties. There were casualties across the state not lekkigate as u intend to claim. How come all the casualties in Lagos before, on and after that Oct 20 were counted to be victims of lekkigate?

How sure are you that those casualties are govt security related? For all we care, there were cult clashes within the state using the chaos as a chance to cause trouble knowing fully well the securities were distracted.

After the chaos, do you have numbers of casualties on Lagos street day by day till date? Many of which might be caused by; robberies gone wrong, cult supremacy, rituals etc. Can they be counted as endsars as well? More so, the lekkigate?

The thing is, your narrative is your opinion. It doesn't have any fact other than emotions. Ask yourself questions and answer them, maybe you will get the answers you seek.

But I want you to know something, lies and deceit can never trump truth no matter what.

Till then, I wish you well.

I can bet my right arm that you did not read what i wrote but you responded with bias.

Please read again and relate the meaning of massacre to the number of people that died.

You guys had t discredit the entire report of same panel set up by the government. It takes only 5deaths for a massacre to happen. Sanwo Olu confirmed two and the mother who lost her child confirmed 3. The links are there as rference.

Only a fool will reason that because more people did not come out to talk about their dead at lekki tollgate means no death occured.

Yet the Adesola story is out there but you all are not making reference to it.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by seunmsg(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2021
The desperation to force Nigerians to accept a massacre that never happened is real.

OP, what the fvck is this? Even a well funded panel of expert couldn’t establish a massacre after sitting for over a year but you think you can prove a massacre by cut and paste stories? Are you sure you’re okay? Better go do something meaningful with your time instead of posting nonsense all over the place.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 9:11am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:

I can bet my right arm that you did not read what i wrote but you responded with bias.

Please read again and relate the meaning of massacre to the number of people that died.

You guys had t discredit the entire report of same panel set up by the government. It takes only 5deaths for a massacre to happen. Sanwo Olu confirmed two and the mother who lost her child confirmed 3. The links are there as rference.

Only a fool will reason that because more people did not come out to talk about their dead at lekki tollgate means no death occured.

Yet the Adesola story is out there but you all are not making reference to it.
Toks. I read your post (I am a fast reader).

Meanwhile, when did sanwolu agreed that 2persons died at lekkigate? Those were casualties he agreed to in Lagos state not lekkigate.

As for other interviews, they still remain an hearsay. That means there are not evidence.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:
The desperation to force Nigerians to accept a massacre that never happened is real.

OP, what the fvck is this? Even a well funded panel of expert couldn’t establish a massacre after sitting for over a year but you think you can prove a massacre by cut and paste stories? Are you sure you’re okay? Better go do something meaningful with your time instead of posting nonsense all over the place.

If i had concluded there was no massacre i guess you will be happy cos it suits your narrative.

People with a closed mind will never read and comprehend but they read to respond with what they have in their closed mind.

No doubt that at least 5 people died from the lekki tollgate shooting and if your governor can confirm two and a mother confirmed 3 i believe that is more than enough.

If you can't see this point then believe whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by joyandfaith: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2021
Aufbauh:
I heard that there is MASAKA after 'One Man Village' and 'New Nyanya' in Nassarawa state.
Bunch of Jokers seeking the dead among the living.

Again I asks, what factor(s) should keep the parents of the dead from coming out? Fear or intimidation? I can't just comprehend.
What should I be afraid of after loosing a child to an aggressor? We all die there! Except the dead is not mine.
The non appearance of the families of the dead to me put paid to the claim of massacre.

If you're a parent you'll understand that no intimidation from even the United State will stop you from coming out for your murdered lad.
It was the understanding of this infinite parental love that Solomon in the Bible applied in the case of two contentious women over the missing child.

I have seen it many a times glaring murder cases were covered up not by government but influencial people with help of NPF, lawyers and judiciary.
Mafia rule- cash or gun. Most helpless families would settle for cash and bury their dead.
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by princdebola201(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:
I think the word massacre should be studied properly in order to ascertain if indeed it took place at the Lekki Tollgate.

According to merriam-webster Dictionary, A Massacre is defined as the act or an instance of killing a number of usually helpless or unresisting human beings under circumstances of atrocity or cruelty. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/massacre

And also according to the Cambridge Dictionary, Massacre means the killing of many people in a short period of time:

Further more we will be looking at the word ''Many'' as well as ''kill'' in the definitions above.

The word kill can be defined as an action that directly causes death or that leads to death.

So before we can conclude if there was indeed a massacre at the Lekki tollgate we need to ask these questions..

Did at least 5 people die at Lekki tollgate directly or indirectly as a result of the shootings by soldiers of either life Bullets or blanks ?

Conclusively, leaving out Number 3 and 4, it is confirmed that at least 5 people died as a result of the Lekki tollgate shooting of unarmed protesters and this is more than enough to call it a Massacre.

Trying to twist narrative, the person that died in reddington was not shot. He did as a result of blunt force trauma to the head as a result of stampede.
The other person was unconfirmed if he was a protester from lekki.majority of protesters took to reddington were treated for injuries as a result of stampede.
You guys think Ak47 is a jokecheesy

If Army fire Ak47 at close range into crowd of over 1000, over 200 people will die instantly with their body parts scattered all over toll gate.

If all these cut and join stories was credible and reliable. ebun adegboruwa will not be desperately looking for evidence to nail govt.
Instead of ebun including names without surname or family address e.g tola,jide,wisdom,uche. He could have qouted all these narratives as evidences

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:

Toks. I read your post (I am a fast reader).

Meanwhile, when did sanwolu agreed that 2persons died at lekkigate? Those were casualties he agreed to in Lagos state not lekkigate.

As for other interviews, they still remain an hearsay. That means there are not evidence.

Click on he link and you will se clearly where he confirmed two cases.

The problem with many people is that they want to believe what they believe but my post is so objective.

I defined a massacre and i made it clear that many means 5 or more and i is also clear that at least 5 people died either directly or indirectly from the shooting.

If that does not constitute a massacre then guy believe whatever you want

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Great2017: 9:14am On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:

Are you sure? Why not sue those aforementioned to court?

Were you an eye witness? Other people have formed their opinion the way you have, why are you antagonizing them?
Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:

If i had concluded there was no massacre i guess you will be happy cos it suits your narrative.

People with a closed mind will never read and comprehend but they read to respond with what they have in their closed mind.

No doubt that at least 5 people died from the lekki tollgate shooting and if your governor can confirm two and a mother confirmed 3 i believe that is more than enough.

If you can't see this point then believe whatever you want.
Toks, I think you are the close minded one here. Many of us who doesn't believe in that lies asked for evidence. We need evidence to believe. But many of you who believe the tales don't have evidence to back it up other than hearsay and emotions.

Toks, I will believe you if you can provide concrete evidence(s).

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2021
Great2017:

Were you an eye witness? Other people have formed their opinion the way you have, why are you antagonizing them?
I am not forming opinion. I am asking for facts. And none is available so far. While many of you on the other side hold on to the lies based on hearsay.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2021
There was no massacre, nobody died. Nothing happened. Are you people satisfied ?

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2021
princdebola201:
Trying to twist narrative, the person that died in reddington was not shot. He did as a result of blunt force trauma to the head as a result of stampede.
The other person was unconfirmed if he was a protester from lekki.majority of protesters took to reddington were treated for injuries as a result of stampede.
You guys think Ak47 is a jokecheesy

If Army fire Ak47 at close range into crowd of over 1000, over 200 people will die instantly with their body parts scattered all over toll gate.

Now it is confirmed that you guys don't ever read to comprehend. Please calm down and read the definition of massacre and killing in that context.

As long as the death happened whether as a result of direct shooting or as a result of the ripple effect,it is still attributed to the action that led to it.

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:

The problem with many people is that they want to believe what they believe but my post is so objective.

I defined a massacre and i made it clear that many means 5 or more and i is also clear that at least 5 people died either directly or indirectly from the shooting.

He confirmed 2 cases at the lekkigate or in Lagos?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:

Now it is confirmed that you guys don't ever read to comprehend. Please calm down and read the definition of massacre and killing in that context.

As long as the death happened whether as a result of direct shooting or as a result of the ripple effect,it is still attributed to the action that led to it.
So stampede is a massacre. Toks, you are turning this into a joke.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Aufbauh(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2021
joyandfaith:

I have seen it many a times glaring murder cases were covered up not by government but influencial people with help of NPF, lawyers and judiciary.
Mafia rule- cash or gun. Most helpless families would settle for cash and bury their dead.

What wil the helpless families stand to loose then when the government appeared to them to come forth,establish your claims and get compensated in cash?
The same cash you collected secretly is offered you publicly with a National heroic applause or commendations. Your speculation makes no sense in this context.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by princdebola201(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:

one person sanwolu confirmed from toll gate and he died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head
The other person was not confirmed to be from lekki toll gate

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by helinues: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2021
There was nothing like a massacre in Lekki toll gate.

There were shootings, perhaps some people could be killed but saying massacre, hell no

Was bullet fired during Abba Moro's charade immigration recruitment that cost the lives of some Nigerian youths?

Except if Massacre now has a new meaning.

It is so unfortunate that some Nigerians swallowed all the lies about this Lekki Event. I was glued to Aljazeera and CNN on that same day monitoring the events. It is on this same NL that first Photoshop photos of Eniola Badmus being shot with sweet story to back it up emerged. Who are the people behind the Photoshop, what was their aim?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by yorubarere: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2021
Toks2008:

Don't you think you are a victim of the above bolded?

You have been trying vigorously to prove there was a massacre when you don't have enough evidences to prove such. Why not wait till you have them?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:

Toks, I think you are the close minded one here. Many of us who doesn't believe in that lies asked for evidence. We need evidence to believe. But many of you who believe the tales don't have evidence to back it up other than hearsay and emotions.

Toks, I will believe you if you can provide concrete evidence(s).

What evidence again?

The governor confirmed two. Adesola who is the mother of a diseased confirmed 3, the judicial panel confirmed 11.

What crazy evidence do people want again? at this point even if people come out to claim they lost someone as Adesola did you lot will still tell them to prove it.

Only a narrow minded fellow will discredit the fcat that at least 5 people died and that is enough to call it a massacre

1 Like

Re: A deeper look at the word ''Massacre''. A Nairalander's Perspective. by Toks2008(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2021
helinues:
There was nothing like a massacre in Lekki toll gate.

There were shootings, perhaps some people could be killed but saying massacre, hell no

Was bullet fired during Abba Moro's charade immigration recruitment that cos the lives of some Nigerian youths?

Except if Massacre now has a new meaning

I give up on you guys. Always making comment without reading and comprehending. At least make a comment with reference to the points i raised regarding the word massacre and many in the context.

Some people as you wrote consitute many

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Election: Is This The Definition Of A True Organic Love ? (photo) / CBN Policy: My Experience When I Went To Check The Voters List In My PU. / Children Of Anger Has Descended On TOYIN ABRAHAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.