Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Child At Home, Beast In School? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Child At Home, Beast In School? (18542 Views)

Evil: African Child At A Zoo In Belgium, 1958 - She Is 60yrs Today / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by lagabush(m): 11:51am On Dec 04, 2021
EmekaStanley:
I watched with annoying disgust the video of a young boy who was wriggling in pains on a hospital bed due to the brutality meted out to him at school by his follow school mates. Story has it that he was tortured by a group of boys who were cultists. because he refused to join them.

The boy's dad said the cult boys came to his room and started beating him and stomping on him, after which they gave him a substance to drink. Eventually the boy died. This is too much to happen in a secondary school.

Bullying has been a hydra-headed beast from long ago. I also suffered while I was a boarder in a secondary school somewhere in Southern Part of Nigeria.

I had a couple of bad cases but the most painful of them all and that which has stuck in my memory was with the case of a senior student then, called Niyi Lasisi. That's his real name. I don't know if he is on this platform but if this goes viral whereby he sees it, I'd love it.

Niyi made me and a fellow roommate of mine engage ourselves in a marathon slap over a disagreement I had with the roommate. The worst of it all was that Niyi made sure that the slaps were heavy on the 'receiver' else the 'giver' will receive an extra slap as a penalty. It was brutal and arguably the most traumatic experience I had as a Junior student.

I almost quit school even though I was just a beginner but for some reason my Dad allowed me to choose if I wanted to quit or not and I chose to stay. If I see Niyi today, I'll look him straight in the eyes and tell him, "You know what Niyi, You really sucked, I don't know if you still suck now though".

My Dad visited and noticed my bad looking cheeks, he took me to my guardian who also doubled as my housemaster but that was the last I heard of anything about it.

There are many 'Niyis' in our boarding schools; Students who see nothing in deriding and brutalizing their fellow students. They go home and exhibit signs of this anti social behaviors and the parents see nothing of a big deal out of it, thereby releasing them to cause problems for others.

What manner of effrontery would warrant a set of secondary school students to damn repercussions and torture a fellow student up to the extent that the student has visible marks of torture and eventually dying as a result of it. You can imagine how deadly they'll become by the time they get to the University.

Their acts were dastardly and it speaks terribly about the culture in the school; the school might be breeding unwholesome kids for the society. It is good news that the Lagos State Government has shut down the school indefinitely.

Investigations should be carried out to determine the extent of this menace in that school and all those found culpable in the boy's death should be made to face the law squarely.

As a parent, what are you doing in order to introduce a wholesome human being in to the society? Please do not leave the moral upbringing of your child or ward in the hands of the school, you do not know what is going on in the school.

It is great to give your child the best in education but providing all their needs do not make up for their discipline and good upbringing.
Your child is your primary gift to the nation; they either contribute positively to it or they drag it in the mud and it is your responsibility as a parent to put this right.

Paying heavily for school fees is not where the job ends, you might just be paying to have a terror disturb the peace of other kids in same school...literally.

The nation is where it is today because of the family values inculcated in those who have ruled this nation from the onset till now. There is no point pointing one finger at the government for them to do things right whereas the other 4 fingers of yours are pointing back at you saying, "Okay...yeah you are right but what about your own kids, what are doing to make them better"?

You can't be complaining of a bad nation yet you are putting little or no effort in training 'nationable' kids. Your biggest national responsibility is to hand over a roundly trained citizen to the government....that's all. And who are the government? It's you, me and everyone else.

Now you as a parent, don't send your kids to school only to have some ill-mannered untrained kid bully them for you. How can you do this?
Encourage your kids to speak up and speak out no matter how threatened they may be. Ask them questions and demand answers. If you find anything suspicious, scream down the roof, shout, go to the school and make a hell of noise.

Become a lioness defending her cub.

Involve the social media, talk to the police, the lawyers or anyone that can hear you at that time. Don't go pursuing money while your child is being wrecked in school.

This nation has got to be better and it starts from the family circle. If more people put their families right, it will translate to a better nation.

ES

Train your kids where you will have access to their progress everyday both socially and academically.
Since Boarding school doesn't guaranted ur kids will be better in academics and even they are and
they are socially worst it will affect d kids, parent and the Society at large.

Beware of boarding school

Boarding school breed and increases bad habit. Am not in support of anything called boarding school at any level of education.
The atrocities going on in boarding school from primary to university are fucking bad. If ur kids went to private university and if care is not taking the probability of ur kid turning into lesbian, gay,. Drug dealer, drug addicts and worst habit u could ever imagine is very high.

1 Like

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2021
NoToPile:
Okay I didn't go to a boarding school practically most of the watsap groups I belong to are discussing this same matter.

On my secondary school watsap group , one of us who was a transfer student from a FGC (boarding school) was saying what they did to that boy was what people have been doing to juniors since in govt schools but since it's a private school it should never have happened and they should have been properly monitored he told us what his eyes saw as a junior student before he transfered to my school.

Told us stuffs like they were made to drink kerosene, Taken to the Bush to fetch water by 3 am, very strange stuffs.

He now said on the FGC watsap group people began to share their experiences, some made voice notes and were actually crying about the ordeal they passed through in the hands of their students.

We finished secondary school around 16 years back and the pain and memory seems so fresh for this people. The guy said his children will never go to a boarding school.

I now asked how far with all those wicked seniors, how far have they gone in life.

He said ironically when they began counting all those wicked ones both male and female seniors are dead, I just shock.

Very true...that's why my parents never sent me near boarding school, despite having good times when they were in boarding schools...

(Though during my parent's time, boarding schools were a bit stricter about who they let in, maybe that's why most of the riff raff were kept out)
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by manontree: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2021
Bullying is a major social nuisance

I would encourage parents to take action once they learn of this. That's the only way to get the school to act. Bring police and arrest the parents on trumped up charges. Re arrest other adult family members to the extreme

A friend did this when he learnt his son is bullied by a school boy and the school kept delay dallying. He paid some cops and arrested the boys father on trumped up charges. As soon as he got released he arrested the mum on similar charges then his aunt

The family had to come to negotiate with him as he was ready in the process of arresting the boys adult brother

That solved the problem. The father beat the boy black and blue and removed him from the school themselves

5 Likes

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Eriokanmi: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Thoughty2(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2021
omoadeleye:
My unborn child is not going to a boarding school.

And I'm gonna pull on Jim Iyke on any teacher that tryna touch my child in school.

On my mama

Not a good mindset! Teachers trained are to discipline the children and not brutalize them.

If you end up fighting the teacher for disciplining your child because of his/her wrong behaviour, it means you are encouraging him to continue in his bad behaviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Youngmolis: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Tyrants full everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Bahamas95(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2021
Some parents don't do their homework very well. "Leave am na small pikin" is the cause of many problems we are facing today......."Train up a child the way he should go and when he's old he will not depart from it."

Our elders say "DEM NOR DEY LEARN HOW TO USE LEFT HAND FOR OLD AGE".........These demons you see today constituting nuisance in the society started the wickedness from childhood.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by PavillionEnergy: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2021
chatinent:

Everything just werey for Naija...Titus sardine is now ₦800. Everything in Nigeria just dey titus. It sardines me a whole lot.

Common hotel don dey give half bar soap and they wouldn't want you interrupt them while dishing out the puzzle. Don't even complain.
Chances are, you’ll hear some crosswords.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me that sometimes, parents would feel they are good defenders of their children to allow them reach their goal when they click the box 18. May God have Messi upon our sole.

I stopped watching Nigerian movies..dear mister, a lot are Ibuprofaned because Nigeria has a way of taking away your light ...de-lighted.

Nigeria is meant to live you at zero. To the man who invented zero, thanks for nothing.

I reminisce the past, present, and future walk into Nigeria. It is tense!

I love your Pun!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by francisisking: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2021
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by marsup: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2021
Thank you for this write up. Even teachers are also guilty of bullying and brutality. MR George, of a particular Model college school in Lagos state, a Maths teacher. I just want you to know, you are evil and you will reap evil, for all your dastardly acts against students back in the day. And for all those still bullying juniors and forming hulk, your day of Reckoning is coming. Stupid retards.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by dapolaw(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
When una go get sense atall? You keep exhibiting your stupidity in every forum.

KillIgbohoN0W:
These barbaric acts are predominant in Afonja boarding schools. They are the Most Wicked Tribe in the World for a reason.

Any tribe that can do this to a baby is heartless.

1 Like

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by legba1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
These barbaric acts are predominant in Afonja boarding schools. They are the Most Wicked Tribe in the World for a reason.

You are as mad as the word mad could mean....I have experience the worst of heartlessness from your kins....yet I would never generalise as I keep my mind open to foaster better relationship with genuinely good folks out there....have we not seen and read of your tribe men and women who matched a kid living with them with super hot ipressing iron and lock same kid in a dog kennel...some keep such over starved kid incommunicado...I can go on..yet you come out here on a faceless forum and take a sweeping jab at all Yorubas,peeps who gave you a liiveline of escape from your terrible region where you would have remained a no body or possibly killed by an uncle over a small ancestry land.guy becareful ohh...

4 Likes

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Mom007(f): 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hummm... All I can say to this is, command secondary school ipaja, 24 years ago... lipsrsealed too many bad memories abeg. I spent just a year there before my parents yanked me out lest I die there. Too many close shaves with death. Send your children to boarding schools at your own peril. I don't care how much they charge, its a no for me.

1 Like

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by KillIgbohoN0W: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
[s]
Eriokanmi:
Hmm! Opor! Crime or evil has no abode so, calm down. Read the below. I can go on and on. Happy reading.

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/secondary-school-students-arrested-for-cultism-in-imo/

https://allafrica.com/stories/201404010308.html

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/cultism-spreading-to-primary-secondary-schools-reps-raise-alarm/amp/

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/22/23-year-old-secondary-school-student-bags-jail-term-for-cultism/?amp=1
[/s]

No single proof in any of these.
But Afonja we have video of a 12 year kid fighting for his dear life thanks to Afonja wickedness. Tueh!
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by omoadeleye(m): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thoughty2:

Not a good mindset! Teachers trained are to discipline the children and not brutalize them.

If you end up fighting the teacher for disciplining your child because of his/her wrong behaviour, it means you are encouraging him to continue in his bad behaviour.

Nobody should beat my child, i paid for school fees.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by KoshCAD: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

Congratulations on the award of your stupidity. Your father is very proud of you.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by sparta191(m): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
If you’ve attended a boarding school especially a government one I think something about you will change. I suffered so much inhuman brutality in the hands of seniors as an 11 year old in 2009. I had frequent nosebleed because of pairing junior student against each other to knock each other and whoever fails to give a good knock is not going to find it funny. Back then everyone became a beast. No remorse, no emotions, no pity even for their siblings. Would have mentioned the institution but I can’t mar the name of that great citadel of learning.
We had what was called normal toasting, this is a situation where a senior might just decide to flog you for doing nothing, mostly it’s all about stretching his hands. In a day u might get more than 50 strokes of caning if about 8 seniors gave u six strokes. Most of us boarders developed a tough spot for caning, we literally could shine 100 strokes without breaking a sweat. Can still remember when I was in ss2 a certain senior cyber was gisting with us during prep and I decided play a fast one on my classmate during that period ( Nwa Aba ) never knew his name since he withdrew after that term. I collected nwa aba pen and ran out of the class with Nwa aba in hot pursuit but I was faster so i left the class and he stayed put, after using the pen to do my assignment in one of the empty classes since it was a Saturday I returned to the hostel to discover senior cyber gave him 100 strokes for pursuing me in his presence and I got 200 cause I instigated it. This senior cyber is an Elders son in qua iboe church, and also we’re from the same community. Anyway that’s very minor compared to period where we called taxing( it’s a compulsory levy imposed on a student’s finance or provision. And believe me u won’t like the sanctions) during taxing u stand the chance of loosing yr valuables for good. Wish I had parents who listened but anyway it toughened me in ways that some shit don’t move me. My classmates who started with me from jss1 to ss3 in that SCH as boarding student are one tough bunch

1 Like

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Senorprinz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Same thing I was pointing out to someone, you don't give birth to kids and expect the government to raise them better than you'll do, the teachers these kids are entrusted to are just doing their jobs, you don't expect them to take over the full responsibility of the parents, most parents are just plain lazy and they feel they can camouflage their laziness through financial pursuits, these things have been happening for a very long time now and it might get worse if people don't stop giving birth to children they can't take care of, money is not an excuse not to raise your children so they won't be a menace to the society.
EmekaStanley:
I watched with annoying disgust the video of a young boy who was wriggling in pains on a hospital bed due to the brutality meted out to him at school by his follow school mates. Story has it that he was tortured by a group of boys who were cultists. because he refused to join them.

The boy's dad said the cult boys came to his room and started beating him and stomping on him, after which they gave him a substance to drink. Eventually the boy died. This is too much to happen in a secondary school.

Bullying has been a hydra-headed beast from long ago. I also suffered while I was a boarder in a secondary school somewhere in Southern Part of Nigeria.

I had a couple of bad cases but the most painful of them all and that which has stuck in my memory was with the case of a senior student then, called Niyi Lasisi. That's his real name. I don't know if he is on this platform but if this goes viral whereby he sees it, I'd love it.

Niyi made me and a fellow roommate of mine engage ourselves in a marathon slap over a disagreement I had with the roommate. The worst of it all was that Niyi made sure that the slaps were heavy on the 'receiver' else the 'giver' will receive an extra slap as a penalty. It was brutal and arguably the most traumatic experience I had as a Junior student.

I almost quit school even though I was just a beginner but for some reason my Dad allowed me to choose if I wanted to quit or not and I chose to stay. If I see Niyi today, I'll look him straight in the eyes and tell him, "You know what Niyi, You really sucked, I don't know if you still suck now though".

My Dad visited and noticed my bad looking cheeks, he took me to my guardian who also doubled as my housemaster but that was the last I heard of anything about it.

There are many 'Niyis' in our boarding schools; Students who see nothing in deriding and brutalizing their fellow students. They go home and exhibit signs of this anti social behaviors and the parents see nothing of a big deal out of it, thereby releasing them to cause problems for others.

What manner of effrontery would warrant a set of secondary school students to damn repercussions and torture a fellow student up to the extent that the student has visible marks of torture and eventually dying as a result of it. You can imagine how deadly they'll become by the time they get to the University.

Their acts were dastardly and it speaks terribly about the culture in the school; the school might be breeding unwholesome kids for the society. It is good news that the Lagos State Government has shut down the school indefinitely.

Investigations should be carried out to determine the extent of this menace in that school and all those found culpable in the boy's death should be made to face the law squarely.

As a parent, what are you doing in order to introduce a wholesome human being in to the society? Please do not leave the moral upbringing of your child or ward in the hands of the school, you do not know what is going on in the school.

It is great to give your child the best in education but providing all their needs do not make up for their discipline and good upbringing.
Your child is your primary gift to the nation; they either contribute positively to it or they drag it in the mud and it is your responsibility as a parent to put this right.

Paying heavily for school fees is not where the job ends, you might just be paying to have a terror disturb the peace of other kids in same school...literally.

The nation is where it is today because of the family values inculcated in those who have ruled this nation from the onset till now. There is no point pointing one finger at the government for them to do things right whereas the other 4 fingers of yours are pointing back at you saying, "Okay...yeah you are right but what about your own kids, what are doing to make them better"?

You can't be complaining of a bad nation yet you are putting little or no effort in training 'nationable' kids. Your biggest national responsibility is to hand over a roundly trained citizen to the government....that's all. And who are the government? It's you, me and everyone else.

Now you as a parent, don't send your kids to school only to have some ill-mannered untrained kid bully them for you. How can you do this?
Encourage your kids to speak up and speak out no matter how threatened they may be. Ask them questions and demand answers. If you find anything suspicious, scream down the roof, shout, go to the school and make a hell of noise.

Involve the social media, talk to the police, the lawyers or anyone that can hear you at that time. Don't go pursuing money while your child is being wrecked in school.

This nation has got to be better and it starts from the family circle. If more people put their families right, it will translate to a better nation.

ES

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Eriokanmi: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
francisisking:
so you are this jobless? Buhari is bitch
A proof was requested. Who told you I'm for that almanjiri's mentor?
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Eriokanmi: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
francisisking:
so you are this jobless? Buhari is bitch
A proof was requested. Who told you I'm for that almanjiri's mentor? Learn to be civil
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Eriokanmi: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

But Afonja we have video of a 12 year kid fighting for his dear life thanks to Afonja wickedness. Tueh!
grin funny. In case I post some videos as proof, hope you'd not day its fake tongue
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Eriokanmi: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

grin funny. In case I post some videos as proof, hope you'd not say its fake tongue
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by KillIgbohoN0W: 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
KoshCAD:
Congratulations on the award of your stupidity. Your father is very proud of you.

I can't say the same of your Dad. Movements were recorded in his grave last night.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by francisisking: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
A proof was requested. Who told you I'm for that almanjiri's mentor? Learn to be civil
no vex na joke me dey oh.... I just felt like not every post here should be given attention... but all and all one love brotherly.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Apreecauts: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
chival:
I couldn't have written it better. @OP, post this on as many social media platforms as you can. I had a talk with my daughter who is in Secondary school because of this Dowen issue. I completely support developing a relationship with your kids and wards that will encourage them to speak up when things aren't going well. It is safe to assume that these boys had been bothering Sylvester for a while before it snowballed into the beating. If he had spoken out earlier, he might still be alive. Ask your children questions about how their day went, as soon as they return. Watch closely for a change in attitude and demeanour. May God fortify Sylvester's parents and loved ones, and give them the courage to come to terms with this tragedy.

The sad thing is he did speak out, though very terrified, he did. He spoke out when he was bullied and he was asked to describe his sister's private parts, even when asked questions he would talk about how they said they would kill him if he said anything. His Father even said he considered withdrawing him from the school but reconsidered because his sisters were also in the same school, if you ask me, that's not a good enough reason. They handled the situation carelessly and didn't take charge quickly enough now it's too late. It's such a pity that something like this could have been avoided

1 Like

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by jaxxy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
There are some failed parents training beasts at home. Some know it and some are not aware.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Senorprinz(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
Oga just read and pass quietly if you don't know what to type, I attended a boarding school in the east and it was hell for junior students, government schools in the east are breeding grounds for cultists, the other day a cult war broke out in a very popular town in the east because some secondary school students were fighting over drinks at a party, since the fight involved different cult members, senior members felt they needed to escalate the fight, it took the intervention of the army before peace was restored to the area. Cultism is a national problem, tribalism won't help us solve it.
KillIgbohoN0W:

Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Ventura1: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
EmekaStanley:
Yes I did
I may have help you identify the said Niyi Lasisi
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by addicted268(f): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
chival:
I couldn't have written it better. @OP, post this on as many social media platforms as you can. I had a talk with my daughter who is in Secondary school because of this Dowen issue. I completely support developing a relationship with your kids and wards that will encourage them to speak up when things aren't going well. It is safe to assume that these boys had been bothering Sylvester for a while before it snowballed into the beating. If he had spoken out earlier, he might still be alive. Ask your children questions about how their day went, as soon as they return. Watch closely for a change in attitude and demeanour. May God fortify Sylvester's parents and loved ones, and give them the courage to come to terms with this tragedy.

According to the interview his father gave, they were aware that this set of seniors were bullying him cos the previous term they had confiscated his foods and clothes and asked him to describe his sister's private parts(she schooled there too). The parents heard this and laid a complaint which led to the suspension of these same guys. Obviously that didn't deter them cos now they've killed the boy.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Ekspensive(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ohai from FGC Ikot Ekpene wherever you are in this world, I pray God judges you.
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by Cmanforall: 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
EmekaStanley:

ES

Secondary students?
Re: Child At Home, Beast In School? by HabaHaba: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Niyi is clearly in trouble.

Nice write-up, EmekaStanley.

It helps to note that teachers were uninvolved in the lives of the students, and that helped the bullying. Where there is no adult presence, children will do their worst. At least you had the strength to tell your parents. It helped.

We have all been touched by bullying. Some of us here are the bullies and others are the bullied. Remember that.

Yes teachers were uninvolved in the lives of the students, but have u considered the school policy of not allowing teachers to discipline their students? Because of the huge school fees paid in these private schools, the children are usually ALLOWED TO GET SPOILED!

Rich children's schools are usually faces with this kinda of problems.

We wey attend public schools those years of yore, who u be to bully your classmates like this?!!!

Teaches go flog shit outta your ass on Assembly!

Well, i see it as Time has Changed, so are the challenges bedeviling our children, bur any body wey try to test me with my kids go Jam Madt Trailer!

Make we die togeda!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

21-year-old Boy Emerges FUTA Best Graduating Student / Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father / The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Utme Screening Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.