Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies (20052 Views)

Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit / Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by judedwriter(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hmmm..

I remember one bully I fought with in my secondary school days...

I thought I had the better of him, but the kind blow wey e give me ehhh....

One of my eyes swelled up shut. cry
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Oxtertee(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
brio1408:
Immanuel College... He once bullied Late Professor Peller's grandson no be small thing. Few years ago, one of the smallies around Orita U.I insulted him and even wanted to beat him up. That was when I realized "Karma" is serving him "Hot-hot".

Thunder will still fire him for me, that hoodlum seize my newly bought treekers sander back then.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Spectaclesawe25: 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
I no wan mention names oooo.
But somehow some seniors were just wicked, you will know they are products of failed parenting.
I remembered one who will wake up in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep and be using soap to rub on junior student manhood.
Very useless human being.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by fkj950ax(m): 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
donprincebigt:

Hello the stuff is not a formal article so why r u expecting a strict and formal writing. Is it until I write to impress ? U people with small knowledge go just dey find fault in everything whereas u r below d line
I'll advise u not to quote me again

That's the issue. There is no switch to turn off formal or informal communication rule. That is why we have Lai as Minister of Information today. We cannot lower the bar and raise it to suit different scenarios.
Please what line are you talking about? Who puts people below or above it? You?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by causimalbarka(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
As in..

I love this your story oo

donprincebigt:
Bullying is a Norm in secondary school frm the past.
I could remember then in a typical big govt school in sango ota, I got transferred to the school for my senior classes from my former school cus I liked the school and it's big and famous.
I got to the sku as an innocent bad boy, carefully looking for the crew to roll with. From there I got to know the bully of the sku. AWUSU. I Asked bou him and I got to understand that he's an aggressive person and bullies everyone in sku. He has been suspended so many times, was told his father is an imam that does different kind of works for people, so he has charm too, therefore everybody feared him. And also he was the head of a cult(namewitheld) in the sku, Immediately I knew his background I grew hatred 4 him cus I don't like his kinds

As a street boi mentality I that got from my former sch which was totally a razz sch, I tried as much as possible to avoid anything that could cause issue with us.

Some months into the sku, I met this pretty girl Dammy(now married with kids), the girl just liked me naturally and always wanted to be in my company, normally I liked the girl too but since I knew the girl was rolling with that bully's crew, so I always try to give her limit, not knowing the gang itself had marked my face.
As I was just going in our sku market that day, they just blocked me and gave me a warning concerning the girl. Normally me sef no too well 4 head. I looked at them and passed

I went back to the class and told the girl never to come to my base in class again, the girl told me not to worry but I did not give in to the extent me and d girl became enemies.

By then I met with some folks too that we had the same likeminds too. We all picked ourselves through winning a fight. I could remember every fight that happened in class then, anybody that wins would join our crew. Na so we con carry our seats together for back too. Neighboring with the bully crew.

The fateful day we were playing on the big pitch. That was when awusu and his crew that were in my class stepped into the field saying we should carry our ball that they want to play. Na so we change am 4 them. And in my crew we have one agege/mushin boi that left his sku in Lagos for our own and that guy too na game boi.
He tackled awusu with every slang pronounced.
At closing hour awusu brought in his gangs frm outside into the sku na so my niqqa to made a call cus we normally sneaked in our express music into the sku that time. In no time those ones too entered, it was later resolved and it was known that the level of people my niqqa brought was higher than that of awusu

Ever since. We now became tiger and lion inside jungle. Respect me make I respect u.
They won't cross our path neither did we.
But we became more popular then cus we are above average students. We won quiz and all.

But with the way life has it. The last time I saw Awusu, he's now a well reserved person, he's an Alfa with regards. I was like is this the bully of my sku. We just greeted and made fun of those days.

Secondary school is really a place to av experience and learn.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Misternas89(m): 8:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is from my small Niece, she’s presently in her 300L in a federal uni. But she said she can never forget this in a jiffy. These happened in a federal government college in one of the southwestern states

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by donprincebigt(m): 4:55am On Dec 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

That's the issue. There is no switch to turn off formal or informal communication rule. That is why we have Lai as Minister of Information today. We cannot lower the bar and raise it to suit different scenarios.
Please what line are you talking about? Who puts people below or above it? You?
Ur lines r just complicated. No meaning just as u
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by ajepako(f): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2021
hope4nigeria:
Op who wan bully ajepako boys like us, you wan die be that where catapult dey? And now, I will never put my children in burden school or what is it called, and in day school, if you touch my child? I will go and beat your father first before I beat the child to coma, I dey save money for police case

Only catapult ?

Where pako and 4-by-4 dey?

You must collect go ya papa house..

Dem no go tell you before you know say I be ajepako grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by ajepako(f): 7:19am On Dec 06, 2021
Who can bully an ajepako Idunmota born and bred pikin like me? grin grin

Even teachers for Isale Eko Grammar School no fit..

Except you no go pass Idunmota, Balogun, Isale Eko, Oju-Olobun, Jankara, Agarawu, Dosunmu or Idoluwo before you enter motor go your house!

Even seniors no fit bully me not to mention my class mates..

You chop winch ni?

Proudly Ajepako! cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by makizee(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Tis well
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
You don't mean it! So homosexuals can marry women and have kids??
Neddstark:
Went to a private school. Remember one psycho made a junior student roll around toilet water where some boys pee. The fool was expelled.
In the 2nd school I went and graduated from. The main bully was also homosexual. Even despite being our mate, we just gave him space and acted as we didn't know of his nonsense. Untill he made a mistake of trying to screw a JS2 boy whose cousin was in SS3, our class then. Then we forget say the guy na sports prefect or him papa get money, we rush the guy. Beat him blue black, threw his box outside. We expelled him that night and the school expelled him the next morning. Funny enough the guy kept denying swearing with his life that it never happened despite being caught red-handed. Was proud of our set that day. The guy is married now with kids based in UK. If only his wife knew.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Neddstark: 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
joyousever:
You don't mean it! So homosexuals can marry women and have kids??

Are you a learner?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
None of your business!!
Neddstark:

Are you a learner?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
And why did you have to respond in such a way??
Neddstark:

Are you a learner?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
It depends if such practice is extremely prevalent in the school concerned. I went to an all girls' school ( FGGC) ,we had some lesbians who did it codedly and I even caught two seriously at it under my bunk but was oblivious of what they were really doing, until sometime later the reality dawned on me. So disgusting!!
kingthreat:

It is common knowledge that if you want your daughter to be lesbian, send her to a female boarding school. There is a 70% probability she will come out LGBT. I was once talking with a group of ladies and I was saying the most popular girls school in Lagos is a breeding ground for lesbians. That is how one of the ladies countered me and said one federal school in the East she went to is so bad that, some of the matrons are lezzies. They have their babes. The principal too has a babe. My mouth was just gapping open wide.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Neddstark: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
joyousever:
None of your business!!

Stay your lane.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
It was a brutal mistake reading your post and asking the obvious! I've noted you and from this moment, I quit engaging you because you aren't even worth my time or words! Go get a life!!
Neddstark:

Stay your lane.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Neddstark: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
joyousever:
It was a brutal mistake reading your post and asking the obvious! I've noted you and from this moment, I quit engaging you because you aren't even worth my time or words! Go get a life!!

I apologize if my words hurt. Are you a learner is like saying "Are you just knowing". You took it too personal. Take it easy.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 12:17am On Dec 07, 2021
Lol grin grin Are you for real or you just fucking kidding me?
Mannylouis:
Nobody tried that shit with me, I was all kind of evil. Remembered when I was slapped for entering a senior class by senior uche, I bleeped him up for the rest of his stay in that school. Poured jik in his bag, broke his bucket, took his bag and kept it in the dustbin, stole his 8k. The guy didnt know who e offended he packed out of the hostel he went to another hostel it got worse, poured urine on his bed there was a time he nearly caught me when I wanted to throw away his sandals. Really messed up that guy in school. And others even some I used catapult I smuggled into school to fire one during lights out.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by razzydoo(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2021
I attended Citizens Comprehensive College, Temu, Epe (2000-2006). Was very difficult in junior classes, I was even bullied and all sort of demeaning experiences but guess what? I survived (eyan young jeezy, soul survivor grin). I flexed all the way from SS1 to 3. Even became a prefect, living large. Funny enough, that's the part of my boarding experience that I can vividly remember.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2021
If only today's parents can 'create' some time for their children. Most esp Mums.

I was that child who was never hardly visited by parents during sec days (2005) and I survived the Federal school system.
Well, my average body size, average education age (12) and vast experience in child labour helped me stand against bullies.

For example, I slapped an ss1 student on my very first week of jss1 for calling my name wrongly in a mocking way after I warned him 3 times that morning. An agitation ensued (they went to soak belt) but them no fit because I made them know that I am not an easy piece.

Later in SS1 and 2, I would challenge any annoying senior to a fight publicly and tell everyone so let's see who is the boss. Those that lost would lose their seniority rights on myself and my friends. While I earned respect from others who tied with me or managed to pin me down while the countdown elapsed. I didn't use to answer those "last man" calls.

Everything was never about gidigbo anyway!
I led my class, led the school in competitions from junior school, taught seniors (even the SP) in exams and eventually made the highest JAMB in the school during my set. I led a petition to the school (mass walking protest) in SS2 to campaign against them not allowing students to use the ICT.

I recall visiting the Senior hostels to play chess with those that can play and win all of them but one guru. These are the hostels many juniors will fear to pass the front because someone will most likely call them for recurring errands. Hmm. I remember catching a senior defecating in a gutter my boys just washed. He experienced public humiliation in abundance.

Towards the end of SS2, I became a perfect and became an advocate for reducing the use of seniority in the school. I reported my mates to authorities, handled most myself and made sure no Green House (my house) junior is punished anywhere in the school by any student or even junior staff (like corpers). My influence was not perfect as the house captains claims more control of their dorms than other prefects.
This also kinda extended to the female students but I couldn't protect them in their hostels anyway.

Conversely, I believe my set was the last that had children of age 12 and thereabout in JSS1. The Govt changed the education system and we had even 9-year-olds coming to basic education 1 (JSS1), children that are extremely dirty and will lose all their belonging and provision within a week.
A few of them were very brilliant and most are still children who have no basic training in hygiene. Some of them really suffered and got trained through disciplinary actions enacted by me and other prefects which they always had choices on the punishment training they wanted to take and even when to take them.

They were involved in Wednesday general grass cutting just like everyone and we had to teach them how to deal with reptiles, poisonous ants, kill rats, clean toilets, safety, evening prep, light outs and all.

We passed down the legacy of challenging seniors and I can recall that the immediate juniors challenged us to sit in the same hall to write the WAEC mock exams together just as we did to our seniors. They wanted to prove they were more brilliant.

Nevertheless,
Smoking, charms, cultism gangism, orgies et'al were carried out however by a calibre of students from my then seniors and even mates. They consisted of 'school 2' students who wanted to appear dangerous to students and teachers alike. Indeed some of them were dangerous as they flaunted their craziness with bullying indiscriminately and also saw school suspensions as trophies.
They vandalized school properties, assaulted female staffs, held their Friday and Monday assemblies from the forest nearby where we would all hear them sing the school Anthem at the same time we did ours but louder and will all the adjoins.

During my junior days, I was a victim of extortion by one of these school 2 students. He would check your pocket and collect all the money inside it and of course, it was useless to report him. Why? The school would say you ought not to keep more than N70 with you for a term. lol.
Later on, we would develop smart means of avoiding them or outsmarting them. Anyone that refused to develop this smartness would continue to suffer in the hands of the seniors.

During my senior days, I knew basically everything happening in the school. One evening, I joined some seniors and we jumped the fence to browse In an internet cafe all night. They watched Indecency while I browsed the likes of Wikipedia and Altavista for IT content.
Another time, we joined them in the forest where I discovered even female students do spend time with their school bfs. They drank from streams, had makeshift tents and enjoyed the beauty of nature. I found delight in climbing super tall agbalumo tress for the fresh fruits and climbing nearby mountains and hills to test echoing and propagation of sound waves across peaks.

Most people that got bullied were those that had little body size and didn't develop sharpness fast enough. There was a tiny boy who always had 98% in select subjects like biology and economics. No one dare to touch him since those that he teaches in exam halls would protect him. It was as bad.

The best way we avoided bullies were to learn very fast and make friends in those high places WITHOUT DOING WHAT THEY DO.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by joyousever(f): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Wow! Interesting adventure!
Ovaltine:
If only today's parents can 'create' some time for their children. Most esp Mums.

I was that child who was never hardly visited by parents during sec days (2005) and I survived the Federal school system.
Well, my average body size, average education age (12) and vast experience in child labour helped me stand against bullies.

For example, I slapped an ss1 student on my very first week of jss1 for calling my name wrongly in a mocking way after I warned him 3 times that morning. An agitation ensued (they went to soak belt) but them no fit because I made them know that I am not an easy piece.

Later in SS1 and 2, I would challenge any annoying senior to a fight publicly and tell everyone so let's see who is the boss. Those that lost would lose their seniority rights on myself and my friends. While I earned respect from others who tied with me or managed to pin me down while the countdown elapsed. I didn't use to answer those "last man" calls.

Everything was never about gidigbo anyway!
I led my class, led the school in competitions from junior school, taught seniors (even the SP) in exams and eventually made the highest JAMB in the school during my set. I led a petition to the school (mass walking protest) in SS2 to campaign against them not allowing students to use the ICT.

I recall visiting the Senior hostels to play chess with those that can play and win all of them but one guru. These are the hostels many juniors will fear to pass the front because someone will most likely call them for recurring errands. Hmm. I remember catching a senior defecating in a gutter my boys just washed. He experienced public humiliation in abundance.

Towards the end of SS2, I became a perfect and became an advocate for reducing the use of seniority in the school. I reported my mates to authorities, handled most myself and made sure no Green House (my house) junior is punished anywhere in the school by any student or even junior staff (like corpers). My influence was not perfect as the house captains claims more control of their dorms than other prefects.
This also kinda extended to the female students but I couldn't protect them in their hostels anyway.

Conversely, I believe my set was the last that had children of age 12 and thereabout in JSS1. The Govt changed the education system and we had even 9-year-olds coming to basic education 1 (JSS1), children that are extremely dirty and will lose all their belonging and provision within a week.
A few of them were very brilliant and most are still children who have no basic training in hygiene. Some of them really suffered and got trained through disciplinary actions enacted by me and other prefects which they always had choices on the punishment training they wanted to take and even when to take them.

They were involved in Wednesday general grass cutting just like everyone and we had to teach them how to deal with reptiles, poisonous ants, kill rats, clean toilets, safety, evening prep, light outs and all.

We passed down the legacy of challenging seniors and I can recall that the immediate juniors challenged us to sit in the same hall to write the WAEC mock exams together just as we did to our seniors. They wanted to prove they were more brilliant.

Nevertheless,
Smoking, charms, cultism gangism, orgies et'al were carried out however by a calibre of students from my then seniors and even mates. They consisted of 'school 2' students who wanted to appear dangerous to students and teachers alike. Indeed some of them were dangerous as they flaunted their craziness with bullying indiscriminately and also saw school suspensions as trophies.
They vandalized school properties, assaulted female staffs, held their Friday and Monday assemblies from the forest nearby where we would all hear them sing the school Anthem at the same time we did ours but louder and will all the adjoins.

During my junior days, I was a victim of extortion by one of these school 2 students. He would check your pocket and collect all the money inside it and of course, it was useless to report him. Why? The school would say you ought not to keep more than N70 with you for a term. lol.
Later on, we would develop smart means of avoiding them or outsmarting them. Anyone that refused to develop this smartness would continue to suffer in the hands of the seniors.

During my senior days, I knew basically everything happening in the school. One evening, I joined some seniors and we jumped the fence to browse In an internet cafe all night. They watched Indecency while I browsed the likes of Wikipedia and Altavista for IT content.
Another time, we joined them in the forest where I discovered even female students do spend time with their school bfs. They drank from streams, had makeshift tents and enjoyed the beauty of nature. I found delight in climbing super tall agbalumo tress for the fresh fruits and climbing nearby mountains and hills to test echoing and propagation of sound waves across peaks.

Most people that got bullied were those that had little body size and didn't develop sharpness fast enough. There was a tiny boy who always had 98% in select subjects like biology and economics. No one dare to touch him since those that he teaches in exam halls would protect him. It was as bad.

The best way we avoided bullies were to learn very fast and make friends in those high places WITHOUT DOING WHAT THEY DO.

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2021
joyousever:
Wow! Interesting adventure!

Indeed, it was.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Horlah04(m): 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
grin grin grin Dangbana
hope4nigeria:
Op who wan bully ajepako boys like us, you wan die be that where catapult dey? And now, I will never put my children in burden school or what is it called, and in day school, if you touch my child? I will go and beat your father first before I beat the child to coma, I dey save money for police case
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Chuky7(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
SweetBuns:
My hostel in an all girls school back then (A very popular all girls school though I won’t mention the name to prevent defamation and libel)
Lesbianism was very prevalent and I don’t know if it’s still a thing in female hostels nowadays
I wasn’t a direct victim of said bullying, but I got to witness such things close up

The senior girls would coax the junior ones just for the innocent girls to enter the seniors hostel rooms. This usually involves money and foodstuffs
When the junior student is more comfortable around the senior one, a proposal is made. Especially if the senior student is one that has influence in the school.

If you agree to her demands, you will be under her protection and be untouchable. Both during and after school hours.
They kiss and do all sorts of rubbish with each other.

The bullying comes in when the junior either rejects the proposal or she falls off along the way and starts to avoid the senior one.
Life will be made unbearable for her unless the senior finds another playmate

I have asked several of my friends who went to all girl schools and they recount similar experiences.

Most schools invest all their energy into the boys hostel matters and forget or just act in an apathetic manner towards the girls. This unbalanced guidance can be very dangerous

Damn. girls on girls

since u won't say the name. was it private or public?

did u enjoy it? I mean it wasn't that bad (I mean the sexual part)
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by DabuIIIT: 8:34am On Jan 07, 2022
LILTJAY:
Nobody try am with me... you bully me, I push rollin come your side
your only award then was very outstanding grin

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Zhunnurayn(m): 11:13am On Jan 25
Bolaji26:
I went to local sch

When i was in sec sch.

I don't talk at all.

I'm the one man squad type(introvert)

I dont usually associate myself with people except when needed.

Because of that, when i got to ss2. They brought new principal to our sch and as usual, local sch wahala.

Ss2 and ss3 started fighting often but me dont use to follow them fight
I would rather go home but once they bring the fight to my side.

I don't accept defeat, my other side is very dangerous.

When i am angry, my voice will be stammering and with that, student usually know when i am angry.

Then one day another school came to fight us and our principal called the police.

They arrived and the principal pointed at me that they should arrest me because I don't use to talk or relate with anybody and I do stay alone.

He tagged me a cultist that he was a cultist in his sec sch life and that's how he use to behave too until he repented.

He called me silent killer at the assembly

and because of that, everybody started calling me silent killer

The man just hated me, he made my parent cried bcus of his negligence calling me a cultist In the present of my parents even tho they still stand on their ground that i am not a cultist and that's how gentle have been since small.

Waec time reach, the man wounded me alot and even told it to my face that i can't be somebody In life.

I went to write Waec and neco in another sch and I made it..

He called my parents for a meeting and told them that dey Sud watch me now that since i am entering varsity now then they will see for themselves that i am a cultist because cultist no they hide face for tertiary level unlike sec sch level.

I went to polytechnic as usual na

That gentle, solo and easy going type.

I finished poly without issue, got DE to university and continue from there.

Till i finished, no issue of cultist etc.

My parent was so so happy and couldn't believe they never heard any issue of cult related concerning me through out my tertiary life.

I got where i was managing and doing good a little, went for leave and this man saw me in front of my house and parked to greet me.

I was amazed and told my parents about it.

They laughed and said the principal is not regretting his mistake now.

They said he has been asking abt me all this while that maybe someone don go tell him say i was doing fine now.

He is now looking for my face.

embarassed

I go still show him pepper sha because what he made me passed through that time really damaged me and the tear he made my parents shed

He go shed the tears too cry

How far
Have you taken your revenge against the principal yet
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Bolaji26(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25
Zhunnurayn:

How far
Have you taken your revenge against the principal yet

Lol grin grin

Na only mouth I made that time, I am still the most gentle introvert in my community. I already leave the past to be past

The man is ageing now and retired, I have nothing against him.. we now greet and gist together tho grin

There is more to life than keeping grudges with someone jare

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by anifranci(m): 9:14pm On Jan 25

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Science Lab To Medical Lab Or Nursing Possibility / The UNIBEN Romantic Poisoning Story Is False!! / ASSU/FG Impasse: NANS To Protest Nationwide, To Take Court Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.