Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Map Of West Africa In 1625 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Map Of West Africa In 1625 (6898 Views)

Boko Haram May Wipe Nigeria Off The Map, Zulum Raises Alarm About Insurgency / Does It Mean, The Map Of Biafra Has Been Technically Drawn Today? / The Way My Tiny Dot In The Map Alaigbo Is Scattering Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

The question again;

According to these maps, who rules Lagos?
The map was after the invasion why are you asking again.the benins were there when the british came also.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2021
olas24u:

The map was after the invasion why are you asking again.the benins were there when the british came also.

Show us the map before invasion to prove this.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by ihatebuhari(f): 9:20am On Dec 06, 2021
1Sharon:

The edo and their lies.
I believe you’re afonja

Stand your ground sir, there’s no gain in cowardice
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

Show us the map before invasion to prove this.
Very easy on google and easy to explain .its will show and explain using the various ethnic nationalities.You will never agree because you already bought into a story that is incomplete.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Ttalk: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2021
olas24u:

Why are you giving him so much attention. If he so fascinated, why not come to Lagos or carryout a research on owners of Lagos state

2 Likes

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2021
[s]
olas24u:

Very easy on google and easy to explain .its will show and explain using the various ethnic nationalities.You will never agree because you already bought into a story that is incomplete.
[/s]

Show us here like I did.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2021
[s]
Ttalk:

Why are you giving him so much attention. If he so fascinated, why not come to Lagos or carryout a research on owners of Lagos state
[/s]

Show us proof that the Aworis ruled Lagos pre-1600 or shut up.

Una know this much na him History Channel neva employ una. Dumb history revisionists.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 9:36am On Dec 06, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Show us here like I did.
You can google it and you see it ,awori land reaches ota and badagry ,you get to know later..
When you hear oshodi,they are originally nupes people call Tapa
Dasilva ,marinho,pereira ,agusto are all lagosians from south america,west indies and brazil.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by RobbStark(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2021
Biafrarep:

Ignorance has finished this one. Now let me educate you, of all the Igbo clans in the SS, Opobo is the only one that observe annual reunion with Igbos of SE. They do this in two ways; by celebrating the Nwaotam cultural festival in Aba and by royal fathers visit! Ask anyone who is living in Aba and they will inform you that the two most popular and flamboyant Igbo cultural festivals celebrated in the city are the Abriba cultural parade and Nwaotam masquerade festival.

Now, ask yourself the following questions;

1. If the Opobo people doesn't consider themselves Igbos, why would they be bringing their most prestigious cultural event to Aba?

2. If the ijaws truly believe that Opobo people are their brothers, then why did Isaac boro use the cover of Nigerian army to commit crimes against the good people of Opobo during the civil war?

I just dey laugh una because too much of ogogoro has really messed you guys up cheesy cheesy

That shudnt be the questions you shud be asking.
Rather, why didn't Jaja after getting the land, gave it an Ijaw name instead of an Ibo name.
Same with other Opobo communities.
Why didn't Jaja gave his children Ibo names.
Nwaotam is a borrowed play, it can be played anywhere even in planet Mars.

Aren't there any ibos from Opobo or Bonny who are suppose to come here n say they are Ibos or did the Ijaws drove all of them away.

I am from Opobo n I am proudly Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by valirex: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2021
DitariDisciple2:
Landlocked dot circle Biafra Republic.

Ijaws were unjustly Balkanized into Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States, when all Ijaws are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other, without other tribes passing through, and entering our centre.

Ijaw Republic our home.
May God bless the Ijaw Republic
May God bless the Ijaw hero General Ditari.

Ijaw Republic or nothing else.

Landlocked dot circle Biafra Republic.

Clown cheesy
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Pakute: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2021
ihatebuhari:
stop
Lying coward you’re, Lagos belongs to the Benin empire

I’m so proud being a Benin woman

Oduduwa is a Benin son and yoruba will always be from ancient Benin kingdom
Lying hoe
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by ihatebuhari(f): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2021
Pakute:

Lying hoe
there’s no gain being a coward

Ain’t you tired of being an afonja?
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Pakute: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2021
ihatebuhari:
there’s no gain being a coward

Ain’t you tired of being an afonja?
olosho, close your mouth. Lagos is not Italy.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by 1Sharon(f): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
ihatebuhari:
I believe you’re afonja

Stand your ground sir, there’s no gain in cowardice

Did I tell you I was running anywhere ?

It is senseless to claim a major tribe originated from a smaller one.

And provide evidence for that claim.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by christistruth01: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Simple question you dey type story.

Again, Can you show us any proof that Awori owned Lagos before 1600?

I want to know how you kept records earlier than the Portuguese.

What did the Portuguese Embassy mean in the interview below when they Stated that when the Portuguese got to Lagos in 1472 they met Yoruba Aworis ?
Please explain

From the Portuguese Embassy in Abuja
Yorubas own Lagos and Awori got there first

Go and drag land somewhere else

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/portuguese-founded-lagos-but-did-not-discover-nigeria-diplomat/48420

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Ttalk: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Show us proof that the Aworis ruled Lagos pre-1600 or shut up.

Una know this much na him History Channel neva employ una. Dumb history revisionists.

Why will Jesus prove to Satan that he is the child of God?. Park well, hateful soul filled with jelousy
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Bishopblackbook: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Igbo land have always been landlock.
I believe
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Parachoko: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
olas24u:

You can google it and you see it ,awori land reaches ota and badagry ,you get to know later..
When you hear oshodi,they are originally nupes people call Tapa
Dasilva ,marinho,pereira ,agusto are all lagosians from south america,west indies and brazil.
Why have you chosen to keep on replying the ignorant and irritating guy?

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
That map is fake. That map was made with a computer and no such thing existed in the 1600's.
@dubailandlord1 you are either a crook, either you are just stupid. Stop posting 419 maps. And most of the people here are just so dumb that they can't even see the maps of dubailandlord1 are fake.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
Here is a website in which you can actually look for authentic medieval maps of West Africa: https://www.raremaps.com/category/Maps/Africa/West_Africa
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2021

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2021

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2021

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 08, 2021

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
People with no history like the people of dubailandlord1 will always fabricate their "history", they will publish lies and fake documents all so that they can pretend to be somebody.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
christistruth01:

What did the Portuguese Embassy mean in the interview below when they Stated that when the Portuguese got to Lagos in 1472 they met Yoruba Aworis ?
Please explain

From the Portuguese Embassy in Abuja
Yorubas own Lagos and Awori got there first

Go and drag land somewhere else

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/portuguese-founded-lagos-but-did-not-discover-nigeria-diplomat/48420

The Portuguese diplomats whom you are quoting have no clue of what they are talking about since they are not quoting any eyewitness written documents and they are not eyewitnesses themselves of the events of 1472. You are still as dumb as before.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
This map shows West Africa in 1600, at a time of considerable political upheaval and internal migrations.

By the turn of the 17th century, the inroads of Moroccan armies into the great Songhay trading state - which had once spread from modern Nigeria to the Atlantic - had reduced it to a rump on the middle reaches of the Niger. The same period also witnessed the final collapse of the great Mali empire, much of whose influence and territory had been controlled by the Songhay during the previous century.

The historical kingdom of Benin (part of what is now Nigeria) was already in the process of extending its influence from the Niger delta into Lagos. Over the next hundred years, the independent African states - including the group of Hausa states (shown in dark green on the map) and the Mossi states around the upper reaches of the White Volta - would be able to maintain or expand their territories. The kingdom of Dahomey (now southern Benin) and the Asante (now the southern part of Ghana) had yet to begin their respective expansions over the Slave Coast and Gold Coast.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/africa_caribbean/docs/africa1600.htm

The maps weren't made in the 1600's.
They were made after 2003, it is even stated on the maps.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
Truthvalue42:
That map is fake. That map was made with a computer and no such thing existed in the 1600's.
@dubailandlord1 you are either a crook, either you are just stupid. Stop posting 419 maps. And most of the people here are just so dumb that they can't even see the maps of dubailandlord are fake.
Nah your stupid father b crook. tongue tongue

I love how you wail okoro grin

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2021
Correction, you definitely meant:

DubaiLandLord1:
Nah my stupid father b crook. tongue tongue
Indeed you don't know my father and I can only assume you do know yours.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by christistruth01: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Truthvalue42:

The Portuguese diplomats whom you are quoting have no clue of what they are talking about since they are not quoting any eyewitness written documents and they are not eyewitnesses themselves of the events of 1472. You are still as dumb as before.

The Portuguese Embassy Stated the Portuguese position on Lagos from the eyewitness accounts of their own Nation who were the first Europeans to visit Lagos in 1472 and met the Yoruba Aworis already in Lagos

You asked for evidence the Yoruba Aworis were the first to occupy Lagos and the Portuguese have given it to you

The Awori Yoruba were already in Lagos in 1472

The Portuguese who named Lagos know the People they met there and they have said it was the Awori Yoruba

If the Portuguese Embassy had said the Opposite you would have gladly latched onto it and would have been parading it as evidence

Go and drag Land elsewhere
Lagos is Yoruba Aworiland
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2021
christistruth01:

The Portuguese Embassy Stated the Portuguese position on Lagos from the eyewitness accounts of their own Nation who were the first Europeans to visit Lagos in 1472 and met the Yoruba Aworis already in Lagos

You just like saying rubbish all the time, so now you have become a medium and in the absence of a provided text, you can tell when someone is quoting an eyewitness account of several hundred years ago ?
You are becoming stupider every year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The US General Amanda Azubuike Is Not A Nigerian / Glo Is Making great Things Happen In Africa / Lagos | Okobaba/agbowa Re-development | Masterplan | Preparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.