Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Map Of West Africa In 1625 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Map Of West Africa In 1625 (6899 Views)

Boko Haram May Wipe Nigeria Off The Map, Zulum Raises Alarm About Insurgency / Does It Mean, The Map Of Biafra Has Been Technically Drawn Today? / The Way My Tiny Dot In The Map Alaigbo Is Scattering Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
kettykings:

What i am trying to tell you is that there is nothing about Lagos . Lagos became prominent because of decree 6 which ordered all oil companies to move their headquarters to Lagos after the civil war, this is the biggest scam and robbery of the 20th century. Lagos is a glorified product of scam and lopsided federal structure . Nothing else

so why did you destroy the regional government when things were regional ?

3 Likes

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
kettykings:

What i am trying to tell you is that there is nothing about Lagos . Lagos became prominent because of decree 6 which ordered all oil companies to move their headquarters to Lagos after the civil war, this is the biggest scam and robbery of the 20th century. Lagos is a glorified product of scam and lopsided federal structure . Nothing else

Ogun state as the highest number of industries in nigeria ,what is the reason for that ?they contribute about 40pecent to the center

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
FantasyHub:

Nkakwū susuo Gī ōnū.
Ị bụ nwoke nwere mmasị nwoke
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
AlexBells:
Even the Map did not say that Igbos were landlocked, the map showed Igbo heartland and the established people as at then, as you can see areas like Ijaw, Ogoni, Isoko, etc was not identified in the map, those were established people of that era, it do show that Igbo is older than even the Yoruba ethnicity, we had always been Igbo but look at Oyo, so you see the coastal area had always been a melting port, And Igbos are part of that melting pot that's why it was not designated

Ijo is clearly specified on the map.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
[s]
olas24u:

Lagos state consist of 20 local government areas that were further divided to 57 ,lagos island was captured by the benis and the first oba of lagos island is called ado ,idumota ,idumagbo,idugaran are places in lagos island and could be traced to benin.The real owners of lagos are the Aworis ,
[/s]

The map says otherwise.
Lagos is under Benin's whip & Oyo (Afonja) is landlocked. I see no Awori on that map.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by AlexBells(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kabongo1:

Ijo is clearly specified on the map.
Seems you have your own different map
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by JANK23H(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Please carry your useless and foolish explanation comot my front.

grin grin grin
These guys turn logic on it's head

I just wonder the workings of their minds sometimes,how can a human be so messed up?

You've done well.

4 Likes

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Vintagepipes: 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:

grin grin grin
These guys turn logic on it's head

I just wonder the workings of their minds sometimes,how can a human be so messed up?

You've done well.

...So, you believed the map is actually a map of West-Africa in the 17th century?

.....Please, jokes apart, tell me you are joking..

2 Likes

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

The map says otherwise.
Lagos is under Benin's whip & Oyo (Afonja) is landlocked. I see no Awori on that map.

Aworis are families and land owners ,lagos is owned by aworis ,returnee salves from brazil and some parts of southaamerica, and Nupes

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by JANK23H(m): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

...So, you believed the map is actually a map of West-Africa in the 17th century?

.....Please, jokes apart, tell me you are joking..
I believe with my full chest.That map aligns with all the Portuguese maps I've seen.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by RobbStark(m): 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
Biafrarep:

Dunce, the earliest recorded history of Igboland is what will be used and not Aboki military creations of yesterday.

All recorded data dating back to early 1600's, 1700's and after by both the Portuguese and English explorers all recorded that Igbo clans, particularly the Ndoki established Opobo, Bonny and Azumini areas! Till date, all these areas still speak Igbo language and practice Igbo culture!

Even the first Igbo language Bible was written in Bonny Igbo dialect!

That we lost a civil war doesn't mean our native lands will be taken away from us! Germany lost the WW11 and was divided into two with communists ruling the East Germany but at the end of the day, the Iron Curtain fell and they were reunified!

Pray that Nigeria doesn't break up because the day it breaks up is the day Bonny and Opobo will be reunified fully with the rest of Igbo country. We have the exhibits and all facts on our side to win in any court of arbitration and if any fool thinks they can stand on our way, we push them all into the Atlantic ocean.

Bonny, Opobo and Azumini will host three of our ports and we will ensure they become prosperous cities.

Na dream you dey dream abi na wetin.
You well like this so.
Opobo n Bonny host what exactly.
No sea route for you guys grin

Come Opobo n claim it not ranting n foaming in the mouth.
Why aren't there any body person from who have come openly to say they are Ibos. Lol.
You Miscreants will be here telling millions of people who they are. Aren't there ibos from bonny in this forum.
Oh I forgot, there is no Ibo indigene from bonny. Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Vintagepipes: 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:

I believe with my full chest.That map aligns with all the Portuguese maps I've seen.

....So, Igbo was spelt Igbo in the 17th century?
......We have different interests but common, you are more intelligent than that.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

The map says otherwise.
oniru is an awori and the whole of victoria islandd belong to them ,oluwa is an awori,the whole of apapa belong to them, ijora,onisemo etc are white caps

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

The map says otherwise.

The Idejo chiefs, the white cap chiefs, who are the land owning chiefs, are basically Aworis and some of them are now Obas. I’m talking about the Oniru, The Olumegbon, Aromire, Oluwa, Ojora, Oloto
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by DitariDisciple2: 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
RobbStark:

Na dream you dey dream abi na wetin.
You well like this so.
Opobo n Bonny host what exactly.
No sea route for you guys grin

Come Opobo n claim it not ranting n foaming in the mouth.
Why aren't there any body person from who have come openly to say they are Ibos. Lol.
You Miscreants will be here telling millions of people who they are. Aren't there ibos from bonny in this forum.
Oh I forgot, there is no Ibo indigene from bonny. Hahahaha

Only Bonny LGA have over 70 villages, without adding Opobo own.
This is Bonny LGA and not even one person could add them to Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
If they are truly Igbos.
Instead they are in all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations, with other of their Ijaw relations.

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by DitariDisciple2: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
DitariDisciple2:

Only Bonny LGA have over 70 villages, without adding Opobo own.
This is Bonny LGA and not even one person could add them to Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
If they are truly Igbos.
Instead they are in all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations, with other of their Ijaw relations.

When did Igbo become riverine people.
Mumu Igbos.
Liars.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by olas24u(f): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
[quote author=KillIgbohoN0W post=108246426][s][/s]

The map says otherwise.
Lagos is under Benin's whip & Oyo (Afonja) is landlocked. I see no Awori on that map.[/qu

the Binis from Benin (present Edo State). They invaded Lagos and settled in the best part of what we now call Isale-Eko. Oba Ado and all successive kings of Lagos are of Benin
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Tedpgrass: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
AlexBells:

***it do show that Igbo is older than even the Yoruba ethnicity, we had always been Igbo but look at Oyo,

***so you see the coastal area had always been a melting port, And Igbos are part of that melting pot that's why it was not designated

To be polite, I'd ask for evidence behind those 2 weighty statements.

The map does not in anyway possible, support either.

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by KillIgbohoN0W: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
[s]
olas24u:

Aworis are families and land owners ,lagos is owned by aworis ,returnee salves from brazil and some parts of southaamerica, and Nupes
[/s]

Are you daft?
Can't you see the map is 1600 before all these crap you're typing happened & it says Lagos belongs to Benin.

Who cares what happened afterwards?

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by DitariDisciple2: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
I can edit and create that map right now.
Same way it is.
I can do it right now, with the app on my phone.
That map can be created by anybody at anytime.
Landlocked dot circle Biafra Republic.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by DitariDisciple2: 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
DitariDisciple2:
I can edit and create that map right now.
Same way it is.
I can do it right now, with the app on my phone.
That map can be created by anybody at anytime.
Landlocked dot circle Biafra Republic.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by AgricMaster: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
fake pic

It must have been drawn by you Igbos grin

The Portuguese are the first set of Europeans that got to West Africa, and they landed in Cape Verde in the 1460s grin

They stepped into present day Ghana in 1471, so who drew your own map in 1453 Okoro? grin

you are not serious
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by freeborn02: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Igbo land have always been landlock.

Even Oyo land is landlocked
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by Lionnation: 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Go ask the Portuguese and Dutch who drew the map
as at 1626 no white can spell that way its either ebo or iboh or even something's so you see why your map Is wash and fake, nothing like Igbo states, when there is. O Yoruba or housa states

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by 9Pluto(m): 12:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Whistling...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by ihatebuhari(f): 12:37am On Dec 06, 2021
olas24u:

stop
Lying coward you’re, Lagos belongs to the Benin empire

I’m so proud being a Benin woman

Oduduwa is a Benin son and yoruba will always be from ancient Benin kingdom
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by 1Sharon(f): 2:47am On Dec 06, 2021
AlexBells:

Most non Igbos can not pronounced Igbo that explains why Ibo is more popular with non Igbo writers

Yorubas know how to pronounce Igbo

It Yoruba Igbo means:

-cannabis
-bush

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by 1Sharon(f): 2:55am On Dec 06, 2021
olas24u:

Lagos state consist of 20 local government areas that were further divided to 57 ,lagos island was captured by the benis and the first oba of lagos island is called ado ,idumota ,idumagbo,idugaran are places in lagos island and could be traced to benin.The real owners of lagos are the Aworis ,

What do they mean in Benin languages?
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by 1Sharon(f): 2:59am On Dec 06, 2021
kettykings:

Lagos has always been Prominent! Since the beginning. Lagos has always been a trading zoen because it sits on the coast.
Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by 1Sharon(f): 3:03am On Dec 06, 2021
ihatebuhari:
stop
Lying coward you’re, Lagos belongs to the Benin empire

I’m so proud being a Benin woman

Oduduwa is a Benin son and yoruba will always be from ancient Benin kingdom

The edo and their lies.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by GodIsBiafran: 3:31am On Dec 06, 2021
DitariDisciple2:
[s]Landlocked dot circle Biafra Republic.
Ijaws were unjustly Balkanized into Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States, when all Ijaws are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other, without other tribes passing through, and entering our centre.
Ijaw Republic our home.
May God bless the Ijaw Republic
May God bless the Ijaw hero General Ditari.
Ijaw Republic or nothing else.
Landlocked dot circle Biafra Republic.[/s]

Some of the land been claimed by Ijaw and Edo today belongs to Igbos (Biafra). When the time comes the UN will make sure the Ijaws and Edos cease their claim to Biafran land.

1 Like

Re: The Map Of West Africa In 1625 by louqas: 3:55am On Dec 06, 2021
AlexBells:

E pain you abi, Yaribanza you took a name given to you by your conquerors lol, we are Igbo people, over 3000 years of historical and archeological evidence, Igbo no be ya mate abeg

What does biafra mean in ibo language

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Special Force In Abuja Yesterday, Pics / Fashola Commissions LASU School Of Transport. PICS.. / I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.