Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,351 members, 7,850,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52569 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2009
cabali:

I had an update to IE8 (not on purpose), then getting back off. And now my IE & cant open oracle forms.

Anytime I request for a form, IE shuts down immediately. Tried mozilla and it is the same thing.

Any one with possible help on that??

BTW I am working on ERP on the E-business Suite.

Azum, any idea?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 11:53am On Mar 26, 2009
cabali:

BTW I am working on ERP on the E-business Suite.

Azum, any idea?

What i can think about is that you're having compatibility issues. If i remember correctly IE8 came out not long ago. And i doubt if Oracle has completely tested it to CERTIFY it for use with e-Business Suite or even with basic Oracle Forms. These things from experience take time. You may want to check/confirm from Metalink on Oracle website to see if e-Business is CERTIFIED for IE8. A temporary solution until IE8 is certified is to downgrade to IE7 which i believe is certified for e-Business Suite. Dont know about Mozilla but i believe it could be the same compatibility issue. Check Metalink for the compatibility matrix.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2009
Prior to that I used mozilla and IE7 successfully with JRE update 13. I reverted back to IE7 and it isnt still working; thats the issue.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2009
cabali:

Prior to that I used mozilla and IE7 successfully with JRE update 13. I reverted back to IE7 and it isnt still working; thats the issue.

I guess you're on windows. First download the IE7 installer. As well as the Mozilla installer. Then go to programs and totally uninstall your IE and mozilla. Reboot your system to ensure these have been cleanly uninstalled. The once your system comes up verify from the list of installed programs that you do not have IE7 and Mozilla.
Then using the installers of IE7 and Mozilla you downloaded, reinstall these and you should be fine.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2009
Hey azum I didnt have to do all that. what I did was do a system restore.

That got my IE7 back and since I uninstalled java after upgrade to IE8, I lost java. Then I now installed java again. That was what hit me with an issue.

All I did to rectify was to uninstall all JRE traces - which I did before only I did not clean up traces on the registry. This I now did, tried to open the forms and it asked for permission to install update 13 JRE and I granted.

That was IT!!! Up and running now.

Thanks for ur help
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 1:23am On Apr 01, 2009
jabbok:

where are the junior DBA opportunities in Naija? It appears its very scarce??
Yeah you can say that again but then you just have to keep working at it with a little bit of luck and connects who knows.There are few opportunities but certainly not much
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by misright(f): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2009
call me 07032816077, i can help ya out. good luck. Misright
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2009
I just uploaded a zip files contains some nice documentation on RAC i collated over a long time. You can access it using the link below.

http://www.esnips.com/web/TechnicalDocumentation
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by multinet85(m): 2:42am On Apr 02, 2009
FREE Oracle Magazine

Published bimonthly and distributed to more than 550,000 of the top IT managers, database administrators, and developers.

Oracle Magazine contains technology strategy articles, sample code, tips, Oracle and partner news, how to articles for developers and DBAs, and more. Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest enterprise software company.

You can get a FREE copy of this magazine at: http://martinmary.tradepub.com/free/orm/prgm.cgi

Just fill the form and submit it. No payments required.

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2009
misright:

call me 07032816077, i can help ya out. good luck. Misright

Hello,
Can I call u on the Junior DBA offer?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
@azum: came across this site while searching for solutions on how to connect to my db. I have a similar problem as jabbock however i'm still getting the message that my oracle_sid is not defined. I restarted oracledbconsole, oracle tns listener and oracle services, but no luck. Any ideas on how i can fix this ?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2009
ceso:

@azum: came across this site while searching for solutions on how to connect to my db. I have a similar problem as jabbock however i'm still getting the message that my oracle_sid is not defined. I restarted oracledbconsole, oracle tns listener and oracle services, but no luck. Any ideas on how i can fix this ?

Provide more information. What operating system are you using? and what exactly are you trying to do?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 1:02am On Apr 12, 2009
Thanks for the quick response azum. I downloaded oracle 10g database on my laptop (OS windows vista) and for a while i was able to login and then all of a sudden i cant connect to my database anymore. When i try to login i get the message"enterprise manager is not able to connect to the database instance"; i can see that my database instance is open and my listener is up however the agent connection to instance failed(ORA-12505). I have tried to define the SID but no luck. Anyway I ended up creating another DB but i still want to find out why i lost connection on the first database.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 1:40am On Apr 12, 2009
@ azum, i ran the items below and my listener is up but still cant connect to the database.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\CCO>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sat Apr 11 20:07:41 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

SQL> connect sys /as sysdba
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL> $ tnsping orcl

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on 11-APR-2
009 20:08:12

Copyright (c) 1997, 2006, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Obianwu)
(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)))
OK (30 msec)

SQL> $ lsnrctl services

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on 11-APR-2009 20:09
:45

Copyright (c) 1991, 2006, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
Services Summary,
Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service,
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:0 refused:0
LOCAL SERVER
Service "chin" has 1 instance(s).
Instance "chin", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service,
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:12 refused:0 state:ready
LOCAL SERVER
Service "chinXDB" has 1 instance(s).
Handler(s):
"D000" established:0 refused:0 current:0 max:1002 state:ready
DISPATCHER <machine: OBIANWU, pid: 4168>
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=Obianwu)(PORT=61650))
Service "chin_XPT" has 1 instance(s).
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:12 refused:0 state:ready
LOCAL SERVER
Service "orcl" has 1 instance(s).
Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service,
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:139 refused:0 state:ready
LOCAL SERVER
Service "orclXDB" has 1 instance(s).
Handler(s):
"D000" established:0 refused:0 current:0 max:1002 state:ready
DISPATCHER <machine: OBIANWU, pid: 5972>
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=Obianwu)(PORT=56630))
Service "orcl_XPT" has 1 instance(s).
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established:139 refused:0 state:ready
LOCAL SERVER
The command completed successfully

SQL>
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2009
ceso:

Thanks for the quick response azum. I downloaded oracle 10g database on my laptop (OS windows vista) and for a while i was able to login and then all of a sudden i cant connect to my database anymore. When i try to login i get the message"enterprise manager is not able to connect to the database instance"; i can see that my database instance is open and my listener is up however the agent connection to instance failed(ORA-12505). I have tried to define the SID but no luck. Anyway I ended up creating another DB but i still want to find out why i lost connection on the first database.

I assume by ' i was able to login and then all of a sudden i cant connect to my database anymore" you mean you cant via the dbconsole. I assume this because as i can see above you're able to connect via sqlplus. With this little information available, my first take is for you to check if the dbconsole services are running under the windows services. In windows vista the best way to do this is as follows:

1. start then go to control panel
2. click "Click Classic View"
3. go to Administrative tools
4. then go to Services

Check the status of the dbconsole service and its associated services. (Cant remember them off my head now)
they all have to be up and running. Your best bet is to reboot your laptop since these services start automatically unless you've changed them to start manually. Do this and let's know what you found.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2009
@ azum, Happy Easter--> i checked under services and the dbconsole status is set to"started" and startup type is "automatic". I tried restarting both the oracleDBconsole and Oracleservice orcl, but no luck.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2009
ceso:

@ azum, Happy Easter--> i checked under services and the dbconsole status is set to"started" and startup type is "automatic". I tried restarting both the oracleDBconsole and Oracleservice orcl, but no luck.

@Ceso,
Happy Easter joo.
Have you tried to restart your laptop? There are other services associated with dbconsole that also need to be in "started" mode too. Unfortunately i cant remember it off my head and i dont have 10g installed on my laptop at present.
Anyway try to reboot your laptop and see if that works.
And while you're still at it, how many Oracle Instances do you have installed on your laptop?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2009
I believe i only have 1 instance named chin, also restarted my laptop and still encountering the same problem. Is it possible to connect to both databases with 1 instance? See below the the output i get when i try to login through EM

Oracle Enterprise Manager
Help

Database Instance: orcl

Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance. The state of the components are listed below.
Page Refreshed Apr 11, 2009 9:06:04 PM

Database Instance

Status
Open
Host
Obianwu
Port
SID
orcl
Oracle Home
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1

Details
The instance is open.

Listener

Status
Up
Host
Obianwu
Port
Name
LISTENER
Oracle Home
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin

Agent Connection to Instance
Status
Succeeded

Related Links
Recovery Settings
Monitor in Memory Access Mode

Database | Help
Copyright © 1996, 2006, Oracle. All rights reserved.
About Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2009
@Ceso,

You have two databases instances: chin and orcl.
Are you sure you're accessing the correct oem associated with the instance?
By the way, list all the oracle associated services and their statuses. as shown in the services.
these should start with something like "ORCL" or "CHIN".

Have you tried to reboot your laptop?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2009
@azum, see below. I have restarted my laptop and im still not able to connect.

OracleDBConsoleChin Status "Started"
OracleDBConsoleOrcl Status "Started"
OracleJobSchedulerChin Status " "
OracleJobSchedulerOrcl Status " "
OracleOraDb10g_home1iSQL*PLUS Status "Started"
OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListener Status "Started"
OracleServiceCHIN Status "Started"
OracleServiceORCL Status "Started"
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2009
what you are experiencing happens when you have multiple database instances running on windows.

1. Now, on what ports are the two dbconsoles: OracleDBConsoleChin, OracleDBConsoleOrcl running? The two will have different ports.
2. which of the dbconsoles were you trying to open? Chin or Orcl?
3. using sqlplus ensure you can connect to the two database instances: orcl and chin.
4. i need you to paste the other services having CHIN and ORCL in their names. Cant remember the names but check under the services and past these alongside their statuses.

waiting.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2009
@ azum
(1) They are both on port 1521
(2) I'm trying to open the orcl database
(3) I can connect to chin via sqlplus and when i try orcl in sqlplus i get the error message the account is locked ora-28000
(4) There arent an other oracle services besides what i sent you
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 2:08pm On Apr 12, 2009
@ azum, Not sure what happened but i'm not able to connect to the chin db through EM
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2009
[quote author=ceso link=topic=6884.msg3719800#msg3719800 date=1239540899][/quote]
@ azum
(1) They are both on port 1521

1521 is the listener port. This is ok since all it implies is you're using one listener to service both databases. However the dbconsoles ports are different. So the first thing you need to do is figure out what your dbconsole port is. There will be two for the dbconsoles you have installed.

(2) I'm trying to open the orcl database

If your trying to connect via the command line prompt, then you need to first set your ORACLE_SID to the database you want to connect to. in this case ORCL. you use the following command: C:\> set ORACLE_SID=ORACL
and on the next line issue your sqlplus command.
There is also an Oracle utility that allows you to toggle your ORACLE_SID. This utility will be located in the Oracle folder.
if you trying to connect via the sqlplus utility ensure that your tnsnames file is properly setup.
The above scenerio works if you have a single Oracle Home hosting the multiple database instances you have. But if you have different oracle homes for each instance then you have to set the oracle homes for each instance whenever you want to connect to it.

(3) I can connect to chin via sqlplus and when i try orcl in sqlplus i get the error message the account is locked ora-28000

Like it says your account is locked. The possibilities here are multiple:
a. the account is locked by default - meaning you need to log on to sqlplus as system to unlock that account.
b. the account is locked because it has exceeded the maxmum number of tries as allowed by the default password policy in place. By default after 3 tries with wrong combination of username/password the account gets locked and needs to be unlocked.

By the way provide more information as per the username you're trying to use here.

(4) There arent an other oracle services besides what i sent you

k.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2009
ceso:

@ azum, Not sure what happened but i'm not able to connect to the chin db through EM

Simple you got the correct url which includes the correct port number for the CHIN db.
Like i explained in the last post, given that you have two database instances there will be 2 url for each of the dbconsole each with different port numbers.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2009
(1) The port number for orcl is 1158 and the port number for chin is 5500

(2) I tried setting my sid to orcl and orcl , see the results below; also what oracle utility were you refering to in terms of togglng the sid?

C:\Users\CCO>set oracle_sid=chin

C:\Users\CCO>sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sun Apr 12 14:31:48 2009

Enter user-name: oe
Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

SQL> $ emctl status dbconsole
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release 10.2.0.1.0
Copyright (c) 1996, 2006 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
http://Obianwu:5500/em/console/aboutApplication
Access is denied.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g is running.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Logs are generated in directory C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1/Obianwu_chin/sysma
n/log

SQL>

C:\Users\CCO>set oracle_sid=orcl

C:\Users\CCO>sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sun Apr 12 14:27:02 2009

Enter user-name: sysman
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-28000: the account is locked

(3) The orcl user name and pass sysman/chin has been locked for a while. I've reset it several times but keep getting the message ora-28000.
the chin username and pass oe/oracle
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2009
@ azum, sorry on No (2) i meant i tried setting my sid to orcl for the orcl DB, and chin for the chin DB
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 7:09am On Apr 13, 2009
Do the following for the two environments:

1. log on to oracle via sqlplus as system. Issue a select command against the dba_users. Paste the output.
2. send me the log file from the sysman/logs directory for both databases.
3. check and ensure that the DBSNMP user is not locked in the 2 databases.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ceso: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2009
@azum, i appreciate you taking the time to help me with this issue. As for number (2), let me know were you want me to send the files cos they are > 200kb which is the MIN size attachement.

(1)

C:\Users\CCO>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Mon Apr 13 05:00:04 2009

SQL> connect sys /as sysdba
Enter password:
Connected.

SQL> select username, account_status from dba_users;

USERNAME ACCOUNT_STATUS
------------------------------ --------------------------------
MGMT_VIEW OPEN
SYS OPEN
SYSTEM OPEN
DBSNMP OPEN
MYUSER OPEN
ATGCLASS OPEN
OE OPEN
SYSMAN LOCKED(TIMED)
OUTLN EXPIRED & LOCKED
MDSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED
ORDSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED

USERNAME ACCOUNT_STATUS
EXFSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED
DMSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED
WMSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED
CTXSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED
ANONYMOUS EXPIRED & LOCKED
XDB EXPIRED & LOCKED
ORDPLUGINS EXPIRED & LOCKED
SI_INFORMTN_SCHEMA EXPIRED & LOCKED
OLAPSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED
SCOTT EXPIRED & LOCKED
TSMSYS EXPIRED & LOCKED

USERNAME ACCOUNT_STATUS
BI EXPIRED & LOCKED
PM EXPIRED & LOCKED
MDDATA EXPIRED & LOCKED
IX EXPIRED & LOCKED
SH EXPIRED & LOCKED
DIP EXPIRED & LOCKED
HR EXPIRED & LOCKED

29 rows selected.

SQL>

(2) pls see attached log files
(3) i believe this is related to number 1 (dbsnmp -> status-->open) if not let me know.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2009
give me your emailaddress and i will send you an email immediately.
Also, this output from sqlplus is that from the database you can not connect to?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2009
another thing, how many oracle homes do you have? one or two?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2009
Please do the following and paste the output respectively:

1. c:\> set ORACLE_SID=orcl
2. c:\> log on to oracle via sqlplus using system
3. issue the following command:
select instance_name from v$instance;
4. still in sqlplus issue the following command:
select username,account_status from dba_users;
5. log out of sqlplus
6 at C:\> prompt issue the following command:
emctl status dbconsole

Paste the output here.

Then execute the following command too:
1. c:\> set ORACLE_SID=chin
2. Repeat steps 2 to 6.

paste the output here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.