Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52583 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 7:37pm On May 22, 2009
jimblaze:

well i tnsping and it says TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out and my sqlnet.ora file on both the server and client is this-# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
# install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
# authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)

this is not good right : cheesy

Change that to ALL.
And if you still can not connect post the following files here for review:

1. listener.ora file from the server end
2. sqlnet.ora from the server side
3. tnsnames.ora file from the client side.

Meanwhile can you please answer the following question: can you ping the server from the client?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 7:35am On May 25, 2009
yea i did change the sqlne.t.authenticatin_services to all and no i cant ping the server from the client, anyway i have already unstalled the client and i am gona reinstall it back, by the way how come when opening enterprise manager 11g from a web browser it would not open with http:// but with https://? why the s? when i did a fresh install of 11g, EM would not open so i went online and got the solution from an oracle dba blog tha said i should try https
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 7:50am On May 25, 2009
jimblaze:

yea i did change the sqlne.t.authenticatin_services to all and no i cant ping the server from the client, anyway i have already unstalled the client and i am gona reinstall it back, by the way how come when opening enterprise manager 11g from a web browser it would not open with http:// but with https://? why the s? when i did a fresh install of 11g, EM would not open so i went online and got the solution from an oracle dba blog tha said i should try https

S there means secured. Since Oracle 10g EM runs in secured mode by default.
If you can not ping the server from the client how then do you expect to be able to connect via Oracle?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2009
you mean 11g? because i did not get the problem with 10g, anyway it was after i could not connect that i pinged it
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 8:27am On May 25, 2009
jimblaze:

you mean 11g? because i did not get the problem with 10g, anyway it was after i could not connect that i pinged it

Apologies. What i meant is that right from Oracle 10g EM GC, it runs in secured mode by default and thus requires that you connect to it using https. Maybe Oracle has implemented this as the default mode for Oracle 11g DBConsole now.

As per pinging, open a command prompt on the client and then ping the server to test if your client can talk to the server.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2009
thanks azum for all the info but i have reinstalled oracle instant client 11g and the instant client does not have any sql interface or gui so how do i connect to the database?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2009
hi all,

Can anybody help me out with a good tutorial on PLSQL? I'll really aprc8 it.

Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ibizgirl(f): 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2009
hI i AM KIND OF NWE TO THIS ORACLE THING JUST WROTE MY SQL AND 047 EXAMS WHAT NEXT CAN i GET A JOB WITH THIS
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2009
Yes u can get a job with it, just seek and ye shall find.
all d best

ibizgirl:

hI i AM KIND OF NWE TO THIS ORACLE THING JUST WROTE MY SQL AND 047 EXAMS WHAT NEXT CAN i GET A JOB WITH THIS
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
Hello House,

I've been called for an interview tommorow by Tavia Technologies. Anybody got some ideas of what the interview for the post of
Oracle ETL/EDW Developer will be like Please Advise.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jellyface(m): 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2009
crydba gurus, i am new to linux and i need your help to install oracle 10g rel. 2 on linux ubuntu 7.04. the funniest thing is dat i know nothin about linux ubuntu. i need guide from scratch (detailed steps) to install it successfully. pls ,someone come 2 my aid soonest.tanx. sad
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 16, 2009
jellyface:

crydba gurus, i am new to linux and i need your help to install oracle 10g rel. 2 on linux ubuntu 7.04. the funniest thing is dat i know nothin about linux ubuntu. i need guide from scratch (detailed steps) to install it successfully. pls ,someone come 2 my aid soonest.tanx. sad

I can assist you on installing Oracle 10g on Soalris 10. I blv u'll knw linux ubuntu when u knw solaris. SAme Unix
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by seyiola2: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2009
Pls, how or where do i get dumbs for OCP?? Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ojojames: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
I need your help guys.
I want to get OCA as soon as possible but I know very close to nothing.

I also need a copy of 10g or 11g to practice with.
Please help me if you can. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

ojojames@yahoo.com
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ojojames n all,
Everythng u nd 2 master 10g is in my kitties. Texts, videos ,
Email: denham.inc@gmail(dot)com
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ewom1028(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2009
Hi guys,pls i am interested in getting the following software: Oracle 10g developer suite on windows and Linux, i got a copy but it wont progress past the first screen, can any1 hep me out? also , i will love to discuss with any1 who develops applications for oracle databases using pl/sql
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ewom1028(m): 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2009
Hi guys,pls i am interested in the following software, Oracle 10g developer suite( for windows and linux), and also documentation on installation, finally i would love to discuss with application developers that use pl/sql, thanx
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Kemjisuper(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
jabbok:

Hello House,

I've been called for an interview tommorow by Tavia Technologies. Anybody got some ideas of what the interview for the post of
Oracle ETL/EDW Developer will be like Please Advise.

@Jabbok
How did the interview with Tavia Tech go? Been thinking of doing something with them in the near future.[quote][/quote]
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2009
Thanks for the concern. I cant really say anything cos I've not heard from them. Developers Track Experts dey scarce for this country, thats why we need to wake up. Many thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ieghosa: 7:51am On Aug 20, 2009
Hi everybody pls i need a solaris10DVD .Pls its urgent i have been searching for this Dvd for months now.Pls some body should pls show me love.These are my contact physics4eghosa@yahoo.com jigbine@gmail.com 07037206581.I would be the happiest person if i can get it before week end.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by deebsman1(m): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
Hello house, got an info 4rm a friend that want 2 sit 4 d ocp exams but was told that as 4rm next month october, d oracle exams will cease 2 b on prometric, that it's going 2 b pure practical stuff. How 2rue culd dt b?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by FOD(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
deebsman1:

Hello house, got an info 4rm a friend that want 2 sit 4 d ocp exams but was told that as 4rm next month october, d oracle exams will cease 2 b on prometric, that it's going 2 b pure practical stuff. How 2rue culd dt b?

See: Oracle To Begin Certification Exam Delivery Through Pearson VUE
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by deebsman1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2009
@FOD, Thanks brother, d link given is really informative.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
Le moor, A-40, etc were are you guys @?dont tell me this thread is dead?anyway have you guys heared aboutR ROCKWISE CEMIS?its a construction and engineering mgt software that runs ontop of oracle 10g,and trying to install oracle 10g r2 on solaris 10 on virtual box but its always reboots, any solution?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
Where are all the dba"s @?Lemoor, a-40, cabal etc, lets not let this thread die O!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by instinctg(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
true,so much info & inspiration seems 2b cut off 4a while on dis thread. great fellas, lets keep it cooking again
cheers
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 5:17am On Dec 28, 2009
jimblaze:

Le moor, A-40, etc were are you guys @?dont tell me this thread is dead?anyway have you guys heared aboutR ROCKWISE CEMIS?its a construction and engineering mgt software that runs ontop of oracle 10g,and trying to install oracle 10g r2 on solaris 10 on virtual box but its always reboots, any solution?
Its not like that i guess there's just too few of us on here. Rockwise Cemis?? Never heard of it. Do you know any firms that run it or what?? I use Oracle mainly on Windows and sparingly on Linux so i don't know much about running it on Solaris you might need to go through a few technical articles or installation guides on Solaris
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 6:23am On Dec 28, 2009
@Jim,

What always reboot? Your Oracle Database Installation or the Virtual machine?
Clarify.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
The fire is really waning out here. what is happening? sad sad
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
Clarify.
@ azum i got it solved, i installed oracle 10g on solaris 10 running on a virtual machine and found out the OS was unstable as i had not yet updated it with all the necessary packages
@ A-40
Its not like that i guess there's just too few of us on here. Rockwise Cemis?? Never heard of it. Do you know any firms that run it or what?? I use Oracle mainly on Windows and sparingly on Linux so i don't know much about running it on Solaris you might need to go through a few technical articles or installation guides on Solaris
Rockwise cemis is an ERP software developed by a lebanese company called dynamesh and it runs ontop of oracle db 10g mainly for the construction industry, we are in the testing stages right now
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 2:37am On Jan 05, 2010
jabbok:

The fire is really waning out here. what is happening? sad sad
Not enough of us here i guess. Inconsistency and some others got their personal reasons i for instance really had to push Oracle to the back cos of Final year projects and exams

jimblaze:

Clarify.
@ azum i got it solved, i installed oracle 10g on solaris 10 running on a virtual machine and found out the OS was unstable as i had not yet updated it with all the necessary packages
@ A-40
Rockwise cemis is an ERP software developed by a lebanese company called dynamesh and it runs ontop of oracle db 10g mainly for the construction industry, we are in the testing stages right now
Ohhh an ERP Software?? There are a lot of that now sha Peoplesoft, SAP e.t.c. I am kinda trying to run one of the SAP modules while i am home and waiting for ma result and the Service thingy. Could you gimme some more data on this Rockwise cemis thing? maybe i could drop my email or something just let me know

Also i could use some help on Trigger Creation
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2010
No problem, drop ur email and with trigger creation, wat are u trying to do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.