Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52506 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by LeMoor(m): 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2009
A-40,
this is a great recource/documentation for Oracle. Do a search and you would find documentation any aspect of Oracle you want.
http://tahiti.oracle.com/

Unfortunately, the materials I have on RAC are hard copies and not easily transferable. But if i do get a softcopy, I will forward it to you. I believe I still have you remail.

@Jabbok,
It isnt enough to say you want a dba job, you havent said anything about your location, what you are interested in and how much you know about Oracle and what aspects. Such little things would go a long way, not necessarily to get you a jpb, but might be helpful in providing pointers that would eventually prove useful.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2009
@Le Moor,

Many thanks for the response. I am in Lagos, I am interested in working with Oracle database. I concluded my oracle 10g on Solaris 10 training @ NIIT last year. Haven't worked much on oracle except a contract job I did n the job focused on using Data Pumps n SQL*Loader. I have OCP but I equally know that academic exercise is quite different from real time events. I hope I have answered ur questions n will be hoping 2 hear from u. Please advise
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 12:55am On Feb 28, 2009
@jabbok
Thanks man i did mean Real
@Le Moor
Thanks for the link thats an aspect i know next to nothing about and i have not come across books or technical articles that would help with that and i know RAC's have been in use for a while now.You should have my email so do let me know when you get a soft copy
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2009
@azum,

Just had d corrupted Oracle 10g cleared from my system and a new one re-installed. The steps u gave me did the magic! Many thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by temmy888: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2009
A-40,jabbok,jimblaze, Le Moor and Azum, I'm extremely grateful to u guys . You have given me a lot inspiration and insight into Oracle DBA i have taken my time to read through your discussions from like August 2007 till date and i have been tremendously enlightened by your discussions. Azum i must commend your great sense of discuss your painstaking sense of explanation is applaudable. I live in nigeria a graduate of microbiology, i'm looking for the edge with Oracle DBA. I want to know if i could get value for my money if i pay 150k for Oracle 11g which would span for 5 weeks, Classes would hold on weekends 8hrs every weekend. Do you think the time frame would be be effective to impact the knowledge of OCA and OCP on me(someone that doesn't know a thing on DBA ).When i made inquires The institute taking the 11g said they would be using the cedar centre in V.I which as a well eqipped facility.Multimedia, 1 student to a system, Looking forward to your urgent response
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by queene(f): 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2009
Hi guys, it's really nice to know that something like this exist, God will continually bless whoever initiated this idea and everyone that has made it survive. I concluded my oracle training with NIIT december 2008, and i plan writting my certifications (sql, oca, ocp) by the end of the month, i'll start ith sql and i'd appreciate if u guys can share your experience, dumps or anything u feel can help.
Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2009
@queene,
U have taken a nice decision. Be rest assured u can get all d support u need on this thread. just simply ask
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 02, 2009
@temmy888,
In my opinion, 5 weeks training/weekends only 4 Oracle 11g should be 4 ppl that have been working in an Oracle enviroment. I dont c u getting value 4 ur money as u hv mentioned that u do no knw much about oracle. With 150k, u can get a very good training center in Lagos that will take u 4 a reasonable time. 5 weeks/weekend only is NOT ideal 4 ppl that r new to Oracle.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2009
@temmy888, 5 weeks is too short and thats my honest opinion, but if u think u can pull it off why not? but i would prefer you take your time, its not something you should rush into, i did my training at niit abuja for 4months and most of the things i learnt was on here or on my own, but if u have a passion for it, go for it but even if the training is free, 5 weeks is still too short and i agree with jabookm, it should be that short if have been working in an oracle environment b4 that
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 03, 2009
Hello house,
Was wondering if I someone can make the RAC material available 2 me
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Mar 03, 2009
Nice to know that there's an ORACLE thread.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by queene(f): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2009
Thanks for the response, i really appreciate it, for starters i need the current dumps for SQL and any other material that can help.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2009
Apologies guys for not contributing for a while. Right now i am traveling. Once i get back to my base i will contribute more.
Regards.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 2:23am On Mar 05, 2009
Most of these IT centers are just white collar robbers to be honest
@temmy888
5weeks is not going to be enough for you to even fully grasp most areas of oracle to be honest don't get too swayed by multimedia facilities thats just a marketing ploy try to find out cheaper places its your zeal and hunger to be good at Oracle that counts not necessarily where you learn it
@queene
Wow has NIIT stopped helping students with dumps and all? I have from last year but its been updated i just might try asking a few friends for updates though
Try http:\\tahiti.oracle.com i got it from Le Moor and its pretty stacked with loads of documentation on RAC
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 2:29am On Mar 05, 2009
The last part of my post was for jabbok
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
@temmy888, in 5 weeks all you can learn is the basics. This will give you a good foundation to build on. Most of your education as an Oracle DBA is going to be self-made. I mean you will learn a lot ob your own by practicing and reading a lot. There are lots and lots of materials out there on the net you can access.
The internet for me is a depth of knowledge. A simple search on any topic will produce tons and tons of information and articles. I do have over 11gb of Oracle related materials on various topics. Most which i can gladly share but the problem has been the logistics of doing so. If anyone can come up with a good logistics i will gladly make these available.
Otherwise, i will have to make a few DVDs of these materials and bring with me when i visit Nigeria in Easter.

And to all those wishing to make a career here, i say "goodluck and welcome." Be rest assured we will gladly help you make this a career you will be proud of.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by temmy888: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2009
Jabbok, A-40,jimblaze and Azum, you guys are heaven sent thanks a lot for critical advice. I believe in consultations especially in issues where i know less about, thanks again. I really noticed that getting you first job as a DBA isn't too easy, its like the first job is that critical step cos it seems the main springboard.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ojojames: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2009
Hey guys,
I am an accountant and I want to go for ORACLE FINANCIALS but I want to pass thru OCA, OCP along my way.
I am very GREEN to oracle or even DBA biz.
Can somebody out there guide me?

I will be very grateful

James
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by temmy888: 11:09am On Mar 07, 2009
@azum, bro thanks for your support, i hope to get a lot of mentoring from you. Hope i could get the materials you mention from you thru my brother, he is in virginia. I'm suggesting this because he would be coming to 9geria for later this month. Hope it would be able to get me started like from the scratch wink.
adios
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Kemjisuper(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2009
Hey - An Oracle DBA corner on Nairaland? This is cool. I'm presently doing Oracle 10G & Sun Solaris at NIIT, hoping to become a great DBA in the very near future. But I was wondering, is it easy to search for and land a job as an Oracle DBA in Nigeria? Or should I be looking out of the country undecided
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2009
@Temmy88,

Unfortunately i dont live in US. Used to but right now i work in the middle east. Anyway, there is a website you can go to and register. it is called www.esnips.com. Open an account and i will gladly upload some materials there for you.

@OjoJames. As an accountant you dont need to go through OCA and OCP. All you need to do is attend the Oracle Financials classes and take the exam. Mind you, your career path in this case wont be technical but rather, functional. And as such, OCA or/and OCP wont add anything to you.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by temmy888: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
@azum, thanks so much for the hookup, if u are online you can add me on your IM (teytoy2000@yahoo.com).
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 12:27am On Mar 08, 2009
@temmy888
Don't worry too much about the job it would come all that should matter to you is mastering your craft i have learned that and thats what's my ultimate focus right now
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2009
All you looking for hands-on tutorials on Oracle the following link has lots and lots of it.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/start/index.html
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2009
@azum,
Many thanks for d link. It is loaded as u did mention
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 15, 2009
Where can one find volunteer jobs 4 junior DBAs? grin
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
Other good websites with oracle DBA materials:

1. http://www.onlinetutelage.com/id1.html
2. http://www.dba-village.com - registration required
3. http://www.dbazine.com
4. http://www.orafaq.org
5. http://www.dba-oracle.com/articles.htm - By the world renowned DBA Guru himself - Donald K. Burleson.

Will update this post as i remember many more.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by multinet85(m): 10:43pm On Mar 16, 2009
Qualify for Your Free Subscription!

Published bimonthly and distributed to more than 550,000 of the top IT managers, database administrators, and developers.

Oracle Magazine contains technology strategy articles, sample code, tips, Oracle and partner news, how to articles for developers and DBAs, and more.

The link is at: http://martinmary.tradepub.com/free/orm/prgm.cgi

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2009
where are the junior DBA opportunities in Naija? It appears its very scarce??
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by aboki2: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2009
I am plan to enrol for an Oracle Training program.

I am very adaptable, and open to new ideas

Which is the hottest (most lucrative) Oracle Certification in Nigeria?

Please advise!

Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by cabali(m): 10:45am On Mar 25, 2009
I had an update to IE8 (not on purpose), then getting back off. And now my IE & cant open oracle forms.

Anytime I request for a form, IE shuts down immediately. Tried mozilla and it is the same thing.

Any one with possible help on that??
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by titilolami: 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
hello house, i'm actually new here and i'm also glad to be here cos i really need some motivations. i'm almost thru with my oracle programm at Niit but i still need to be put thru some certain stuffs. may i know how this programm can be well applied and in what areas? though i know it can be used in virtually every aspect or work of life.may i get more lite shed on it? tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.