Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,175 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? (789 Views)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / Do You Notice These Act In Girls During Play ?? Newww / How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by pharmking: 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
I met this girl a year and a half ago and the first thing she told me when I ask her name, is that she heard about me that I'm a nerd. We go to the same University. I'm from west Africa and she is from the southern part of Africa. We met again this year and I asked her number. she gave it to me. I called her and ask her out two days later. She said she will call to confirm but ditched me and didn't. I didn't hear from her until a common friend's graduation when she text me and ask me to let her know if we are taking the friend in question out. We went out that night all together. She ask that friend if I was interested in her and she told her yes, he might have some innocent crush on you. Communication with her is almost impossible. She rarely respond to my phone calls. Respond to my texts time to time. I invited to my place because I had some friends over in addition to some common friends she came with wine and had a nice time as she told me. That day I was doing the dishes and she push me away to do it. I invited her for the second time with the same group of friends and she came. After she left she text me that she enjoyed the get together that the next time she hoped she will not work to cook something for us. She said she hasn't dated or gone out to dinner with somebody in 2 years. I haven't dated anybody in a year and half. We are both doctoral students.

From what I see from her behaviors:
1. she avoid any one on one conversation with me. It's almost like she wants to run away when we are single out or when I walk up to her. And she avoids being single out with me.
2. She is restless when we have a get together or in our little group. she hugs all my guy friends and sit on their legs but avoid getting physically close to me.
3. She refused all the date I ask her out on. The third time she told me she will let me know in advance when we can go grab something to eat that she is working 7 days a week now.

I think she is interested in me but doesn't know how to handle it? am I wrong?  am I going about this the wrong way? I'm kinda rusty and has been out of the game for a while. Need some input!!!
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by upendo98(f): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
Did you read sir-fly's post here ? keys to landing youreself a hot woman?'
It really works on girls playing hard to get and I call it reverse psychology.
When everything else fails, try that. She's either testing you cz I dnt think shes soo naive in dating.I hate to even say shes insecure in your presence.She knows her game.
Act in a way to show you are disinterested too but dont like beg and chase her like an animal.
Roles will then change and she wll come looking for you.
Gosh I hope it works out for you. smiley
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
@poster
she seems shy, undecided and can only let loose thanks to alcoholic beverages (aka the wine she brings).
do not waste anymore time with this lady who already knows about your intentions, when she will finally get her act together, she will come knocking.
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by iice(f): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2011
Humans ughhh. Women yeesh. Men gahhhh.
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by pharmking: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
You all are right in this case. I don't even know why people make life so complicated instead of simplifying it so everybody can be happy.
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by upendo98(f): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
@pharmking lol  grin grin grin
You sweat to be happy. you sound soo annoyed grin grin
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by pharmking: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2011
Lol I know it is annoying
When you are educated and on top of that live in occidental country, it is not necessary to add more stress to the usual stress.
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by upendo98(f): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
grin right
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by MMM2(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
or
write luv letter and give it 2 her.
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by omega25red(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
M M M:

or
write luv letter and give it 2 her.
^^ might work but she already knows he like her.

poster
stop acting thirsty chill out and stop sweating her. she already knows you like her and she is playing games. Who knows maybe there is something about you that is off putting to her. i suggest you talk to one of her female friends so as to find out what her issue is because trust me your mutual female friends will know everything.
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by pharmking: 1:38am On Jun 13, 2011
Love letter !!! Nobody write those, these days, But she knows my intentions already,
I'm chill. I only text her once a week to see how she is doing. Or when we gonna get together for the week. She is so private even with the common friends that we have. The weird thing is whenever I text her, she will give me her schedule and what she is doing,
Re: Help How Do I Get My Act Together ? by Mynd44: 3:16am On Jun 13, 2011
Ignore her for two or three weeks and see what she would do

(1) (Reply)

Can U? / A Short Very Beautiful Lady Or A Very Tall Ugly Lady? / Aru Emeeeeeeeh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.