Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! (32376 Views)

"We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / Ladies, No Matter How Hot A Nigerian Guy Is, Never Ask Him Out / My Ex Girlfriend Is Happily Getting Married.help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by MrCuteking(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Now, don't assume you know this young man well enough. You just barely met him.

You will know him better after you guys have sex 3x to 5x. I guess he already fvcked you well, otherwise I don't get your desperation.
You sound like a good innocent girl. I think I like your person. But I also feel the guy is trying to take firm control of you and do you as he pleases. Thread carefully. Those words he throws around shouldn't be taken lightly. There are often truth in light jokes.

You still need to understand his psyche, don't ask him openly, but during conversation and subtle question, u will connect the dots. U need to know the kind of girl he really wishes to marry. I mean In terms of look, endowment, age, family background and tribe, u must see if u fall in that category...else it's good to start being sceptical.
The truth is, sometimes, we guys might be dating a great girl, yet we are not convinced she's our want/spec.so we end up doing her as we please and dump her, and she starts to doubt herself.
Again. You need to know where he really wish to be, I mean his dream and plans; see if he's in that direction. See if he's content abt his present state, otherwise some guys might want to be headed toward their dream before giving marriage a serious interest. Forget about what he father has.Try to know where he wants to be.

Then reduce ur desperation and see how he responds to your unavailability. Note his words and don't be blind to his actions.
And lastly, don't showoff u have money..lol Guys will eat you, especially if he's not that committed to you.
Keep observing, as you never really known this guy. Later, you can ask him his plans for marriage, there's nothing bad. You need to know this guy's psyche abt marriage, otherwise u will be traveling in a boat without destination

Not just the OP, every single fellow should listen to this undiluted advice.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Basicend: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Yadid:
Red flags are all over the place, but it looks like you are so into him you are willing to overlook them. You need to take things slow here

The babe sounds desperate and it will affect her definitely.

Madam if you rush into marriage, you will rush out.

I don't think you can even test or analyse the guy right now due to your desperation.

Being 26 years is not old o... Pray let God help u. . Heavens don't walk with time as we do. . But you will eventually have rest.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Basicend: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

... I mentioned those things he has just to let u all know he is financially ready. So that part is out. I have never asked him for ordinary 1k and I don't intend. I make my own money. I only want someone with sense.

1st of all. . Your foundations are wrong and faulty.

Someone that have sense will not take you to an hotel 1st and bang d hell out of you for 2 days. . And you are here talking marriage up and dan.

He is hidding you from his home. . Yet is that sense?

Tell us u enjoyed his preek and that's ur issue.

Your eye will clear very soon.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Suremikky(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
It is easy to deduce from ur write up that this nigga isn't ready for anything serious with you as he sees you as one of his many online preys, and you on the other hand is not very smart a girl...I wish u all the best sister.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by mekuso89(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:
So, I met this great guy online. After 2 weeks, we met in person and everything was perfect.

It's almost 2 months since we have been together.

He asked me out while we were together and I gladly said yes. (I have met a lot of players�). So while we were together, a discussion popped up and he said he can't discuss anything related to marriage until after 6 months. I pretended not to hear.

I don't know his financial capacity but I know he is doing okay. He controls the family business. They sell trucks, trailers and all. He is also a landlord in one of his father's houses at Festac. We stayed at a hotel. 25k per night. He paid for 2 night and I paid for one night. But during these times, we went to his house.

He said he didn't want me to come to see his place because it's the first time. And he said the house is very hot too.

Our communication is great but he doesn't look like he wants marriage soon. He has said things like marriage is hard work. He has also said in 10 years time, people will hardly be getting married.

Then one night, we were talking and he said I "see my wife as my responsibility"
I will take care of her and of cos, I am okay but I will still be very very rich, so I can't bring in any woman to suffer now" .. That's what I am sure I heard but I was scared to ask him to explain further or repeat himself.

He is actually okay, he has two cars but importantly, he has sense and he is very hard-working. But he is very principled and we have actually had several instances where he doesn't pick my calls at night. It happens often but I am starting to trust him, because sometimes I call by 5am and he picks and says he slept off. Sometimes we would be chatting on WhatsApp and after I call him 20 minutes later, he won't respond. He is not married!

So, I currently earn 450k monthly and I have been able to save something meaningful, so I can start a good business before getting married or after. I haven't stated because I don't know which one yet. I started a restaurant business when I was 23 but it failed.

If I ask him and he says 1 year, of course, I can wait. I will be 26 years next year April.

We will seeing for the 2nd time next week. I plan to ask him when he sees himself getting married but I am scared and the way he carries himself makes me reluctant to ask such.

About two weeks ago, I wanted to even surprise him with gifts. I asked for his account number and office/home address. (He picked me up the last time I traveled to see him, so I don't know the address". Well, he didn't give me these details. He said when it's time I will have them.

Two days ago, he said a friend's younger brother is getting married. He laughed and said people just dey marry. He has once asked me "You dey find husband?" jokingly-

I would like to settle before 27. Is it bad that I am thinking this way? If he says he is looking to get married in 2-3 years, i think it's a bit far. 2023 is still fine. But the problem is he doesn't really sound like marriage is on his mind. He will be 32 next year April too.

We vibe a lot. But he says I love you sparingly. Sometimes I say it and he doesn't respond, he will say tomorrow I will tell u or no, I told u yesterday.

But we are really really cool. I like him a lot and he likes me but I think I like him more. He gives me attention, I don't have to ask.

If I was 23, I won't have a problem waiting 3-4 years. But since I am ready mentally, financially, I am looking for someone who wants it within 6 months to 1 year. I can still try to do 2 years if I get someone great.

Babes am 32 Now still struggling to make enough cash. But if I can get a lady like you who is ready for marriage then why not
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Basicend: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Peace081:
Op is just desperate for marriage, madam calm down small, God's time is the best

You have said the truth.

... And God's time may not be as soon as we want it. She needs to calm.down.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

You see, person like not misinterpreted you OK. In age, relationship and marriage, the gap btw me and huge is wide, in fact ,I misunderstand you more than information you released. I keep telling u that guy would not be a good husband, provided he is not married, I still insist that his achievements are the factors that driving u crazy. I also insist that you are selling urself to bondage of marriage if you dear.

Let me ask you question you dodged wen I first asked u before ur story hit front page.......If this guy is earning 120k or less with no car, will you be soft like this for him? Having considered ur own status as well?

I have been with people earning less.

As a woman I will not get married earning 120k. So yeah, I cannot get married to a man earning that.

Both of us will work our way to the top

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Basicend: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Must friendship end in marriage....you better don't scare him away with that your marriage plans.

Just be enjoying what you're enjoying without stressing him.

Definitely she will.

If after just 1 or 2 meetings you don dey talk marriage bla bla bla. .

They met online. . Started living secretly in an hotel. . Thereafter the lady started dream about marriage.

He gave u a story of his business line abi. . You never see am with ya eyes. These ladies self. . Name fish dey their brain.

Madam go to Shiloh now and pray. . I think dem don start.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by kaywhy09(m): 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

I see money everywhere. Where una deh get all these money?
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Cesclxg(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

As a woman I will not get married earning 120k. So yeah, I cannot get married to a man earning that.

You sound proud, though. Saying things like u can't get married earning 120k. Just be thankful u earn well and don't belittle people earning less.

It is a pity that you are so naive still. A man takes u to the hotel and bangs the hell outta u. And u guys don't have any deep and meaningful conversation. So what the fvck do u guys talk about?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Fiscus105(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

With time u shall understand philosophy of life and very unfortunately only few guys are in ur league, little wonder, u bcom a slave for Facebook guy.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Blackdisciple(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2021
Yadid:
Red flags are all over the place, but it looks like you are so into him you are willing to overlook them. You need to take things slow here

Sure she really needs to take things slow so that we wouldn't be talking about it on NL in the next 3-4 years, and it's like they are only 6months into the relationship and she's already wanting to marry the dude and the dude no dey think go that side...

Why is she desperate to get married like yesterday?? Na the guy me dey pity sef

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Fiscus105(m): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cesclxg:

You sound proud, though. Saying things like u can't get married earning 120k. Just be thankful u earn well and don't belittle people earning less.

It is a pity that you are so naive still. A man takes u to the hotel and bangs the hell outta u. And u guys don't have any deep and meaningful conversation. So what the fvck do u guys talk about?

I told her, that I knew many things she didn't even say, and she fell yakata for question I threw at her.........I pity guy that would end up with her, provided she won't end as an evening paper. I think she met the type of guy she deserved

Despite she is earning big, she is a gold digger. How I wish I can narrate what my friends have subjected the kind of ladies she is to her. I pray she won't regret at last.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cesclxg:

Yes. I will say it again. I will not get married to someone earning less than 120 and I will not also get married to someone earning that. It's not pride.

You don't know where people are coming from.

I have worked for 20,000 naira monthly. I have worked for 4 months and I didn't get paid.

I have had months of crazy depression because I didn't have a job. I have shed tears, if there was any way it would have turned to blood, all because I wanted a way out. I have had it all too and it hurt. I have started from the scratch. I have done jobs that took me from main land to island. 3 hours in the morning inside traffic. 3 hours back at night. I get home 12am. 11pm.

You don't know people's past. It's not proud and during those period, I knew I would come out of it and I did not think of marriage.

And till now, I only said I want to date with purpose (Marriage). That's what any sensible person should be. I am not a random girl who would just get into a relationship and just be having fun and all that. It needs to be defined.

That's my point...

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Feelings79: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
larryking540:

exactly alot of red flags,the mistake the op will do is getting pregnant for him ,that settles it all welcome to baby mamas world without a ring on the middle finger

dear op ,I kw say marriage day shark you ,it's a good thing atleast u desire to be married ,yes life no easy for one person to roll on ,it requires 2person ,,,but truth be told ,that bigger never ready for marriage ,,,,date with a purpose ,say after me ,date with a purpose ,6 months is half a year ,has he made interest to hello your family ,if not hmmmmmmm,,,,,,u just day build marriage for your heart ,,,dear op ,,,we sleep for hotel no be say e go marry you oo,,and pls op can you stop emphasising on what this young man got ,,,it says alot about you ,you want a rich dude but I can smell run away lady from you when calamity falls on that guy.....
Typical Nigerian situation:our girls marry us not for who we are but for what we have.Soon as things start going down hill,they are also the first to jump ship.What's moving OP is the 25k hotel, the two cars and his father's business.God help us, theunmarried poor men of this land
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

With time u shall understand philosophy of life and very unfortunately only few guys are in ur league, little wonder, u bcom a slave for Facebook guy.

I am glad you went through my profile to read. Of course, that should tell u I have no problem lending a helping hand. As I do not believe a man is a provider and the woman is the helper. Anybody can be any of these.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Eppking(m): 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
My dear OP,

I have followed your write ups all through with much calmness. I noticed two things about your reactions. 1: you want people to see things the as you see them. 2: You react to negative comments in a way that shows you don't welcome criticism.

You are definitely not the only one in this kind of dilemma right now. I currently have a Bossom friend (lady) in your shoes as I type this.

I will advise you on three things and I believe it would reveal the true intentions of your BF as the days rolls by

1: if you have started having sex or have the intent of sexual encounters, please put a pause/ stop to it. What this does it to help you have mental and physiological balance and control over the situationship.

With what I have you seem to have strong affinity for him. This may be romance or some kind of likeness that would end up in bed. With this, having strong affinity for someone of the opposite sex makes you a prey and whatever comes out of it, blame yourself for the unnecessary weakness.

2: Ask less questions during convo. I have come to realise that men millennials don't forget their last answer to a kind certain questions. They know when a lady wants to be smart and witty and that gives them an edge.

You would be wandering why I said ask less questions! The reason is to give allowance Inorder for him to ask more questions. Smart guys wants to know what makes a lady a true lady for them. They know by the responses when they ask smart questions. Work on your responses and do not be quiet and timid during serious convo.

I want to believe he is careful about marriage especially when it is put to him as a topic of discussion by a lady he is still studying... There are guys like that. They don't talk about it when it is not coming from them.

3: Never ever turn down any date with him, I mean with this guy in your write up. I smile as I type this... This is a golden rule especially with principled men, they come with surprises on dates. Watch out and tread carefully.

Lastly as bonus. Open your doors to other guys as long as the man has not put a ring on it. Don't get me wrong oo.. I don't mean you should have multiple sex partners oo. Make yourself available to others potential suitors as I enumerate below.

You are already placed in a position of visibility, where those who earn above you would most likely be the one to come for you. This is because, they feel it would be less effort to have control over you in relationship and marriage. My dear that is how life is somehow fashioned in our clime. Your mum would be able to explain better.

More importantly, at 26, you should live your life to the fullest. Travel alone and travel wide (foreign). Club alone, I mean not with friends. Visit the mall alone and showcase your beauty (not on social media). Try this for 6 months and see your suitors double.

The trick here is that....

ngoziwrites:

A lot of people misunderstood me. I am considering erasing the post. That's if I can as it has been moved to front page.

Right from the beginning, everyone knows if they see a future with someone. Then time can reveal otherwise.

So, I am not in anyway saying my mind is made up to be with him.. I only saying I do see a future with him. I won't date someone if I don't. Time can reveal otherwise.

I am only pointing out some of the things I have noticed and would like to know if he is also considering marriage. If he is not in the next 1-2 years. Then that doesn't fit into what I want.

If he is, then we can take our time, work towards it and see if it works.

I am not saying I want to get married today today today..

So sickening.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Fiscus105(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

I am glad you went through my profile to read. Of course, that should tell u I have no problem lending a helping hand. As I do not believe a man is a provider and the woman is the helper. Anybody can be any of these.

Lower ur guard and humble urself, if not, the character in ur script would end up like INI EDO. (Sperm donnor) her own case even worse than bastard

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2021

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by frozen70(f): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:
So, I met this great guy online. After 2 weeks, we met in person and everything was perfect.

He asked me out while we were together and I gladly said yes. (I have met a lot of players�). So while we were together, a discussion popped up and he said he can't discuss anything related to marriage until after 6 months. I pretended not to hear.

I don't know his financial capacity but I know he is doing okay. He controls the family business. They sell trucks, trailers and all. He is also a landlord in one of his father's houses at Festac. We stayed at a hotel. 25k per night. He paid for 2 night and I paid for one night. But during these times, we went to his house.

He said he didn't want me to come to see his place because it's the first time. And he said the house is very hot too.

Our communication is great but he doesn't look like he wants marriage soon. He has said things like marriage is hard work. He has also said in 10 years time, people will hardly be getting married.

Then one night, we were talking and he said I "see my wife as my responsibility"
I will take care of her and of cos, I am okay but I will still be very very rich, so I can't bring in any woman to suffer now" .. That's what I am sure I heard but I was scared to ask him to explain further or repeat himself.

He is actually okay, he has two cars but importantly, he has sense and he is very hard-working. But he is very principled and we have actually had several instances where he doesn't pick my calls at night. It happens often but I am starting to trust him, because sometimes I call by 5am and he picks and says he slept off. Sometimes we would be chatting on WhatsApp and after I call him 20 minutes later, he won't respond. He is not married!

So, I currently earn 450k monthly and I have been able to save something meaningful, so I can start a good business before getting married or after. I haven't stated because I don't know which one yet. I started a restaurant business when I was 23 but it failed.

If I ask him and he says 1 year, of course, I can wait. I will be 26 years next year April.

We will seeing for the 2nd time next week. I plan to ask him when he sees himself getting married but I am scared and the way he carries himself makes me reluctant to ask such.

About two weeks ago, I wanted to even surprise him with gifts. I asked for his account number and office/home address. (He picked me up the last time I traveled to see him, so I don't know the address". Well, he didn't give me these details. He said when it's time I will have them.

Two days ago, he said a friend's younger brother is getting married. He laughed and said people just dey marry. He has once asked me "You dey find husband?" jokingly-

I would like to settle before 27. Is it bad that I am thinking this way? If he says he is looking to get married in 2-3 years, i think it's a bit far. 2023 is still fine. But the problem is he doesn't really sound like marriage is on his mind. He will be 32 next year April too.

We vibe a lot. But he says I love you sparingly. Sometimes I say it and he doesn't respond, he will say tomorrow I will tell u or no, I told u yesterday.

But we are really really cool. I like him a lot and he likes me but I think I like him more. He gives me attention, I don't have to ask.

If I was 23, I won't have a problem waiting 3-4 years. But since I am ready mentally, financially, I am looking for someone who wants it within 6 months to 1 year. I can still try to do 2 years if I get someone great.

You are just in a hurry to marry, but I don't think it's ideal to ask him that, not even at this early stage of your relationship

Marriage is like am external exams, you must read harder because you don't know your marker and your marker doesn't know you

If you think you are really prepared for marriage and you just want it, even if the man is not yet ready, go straight and ask him that you want to get married to him

But left for me, marriage is when a man is ready not when a woman is ready, especially for our own Naija

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fiscus105:

Lower ur guard and humble urself, if not the character in ur script would end up like INI Edo. (Sperm donnor) her own case even worse than bastard

Lol... Would it make you happy if the guy was earning 150k?

But why?
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Cesclxg(m): 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

Yes. I will say it again. I will not get married to someone earning less than 120 and I will not also get married to someone earning that. It's not pride.

You don't know where people are coming from.

I have worked for 20,000 naira monthly. I have worked for 4 months and I didn't get paid.

I have had months of crazy depression because I didn't have a job. I have shed tears, if there was any way it would have turned to blood, all because I wanted a way out. I have had it all too and it hurt. I have started from the scratch. I have done jobs that took me from main land to island. 3 hours in the morning inside traffic. 3 hours back at night. I get home 12am. 11pm.

You don't know people's past. It's not proud and during those period, I knew I would come out of it and I did not think of marriage.

And till now, I only said I want to date with purpose (Marriage). That's what any sensible person should be. I am not a random girl who would just get into a relationship and just be having fun and all that. It needs to be defined.

That's my point...

Then define your relationship. You said something like the guy has all the power and your can't talk to him. How can u be earning 450k and still have low self-confidence?

Yeah the guy may be 'richer' but you are not doing badly yourself. We shouldn't be the one telling u to dump him. You should be the one asking us if you should give the guy a chance and our answer would have been a Big Fat No.

Grow some balls, babe. You are doing well. No man should take u for a ride, unless u want to be ridden. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Lostchild(m): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites

Do you head to advice?

How would you be thinking of marriage when you don't even know the person ?

MY ADVICE to you is remove your mind from marriage when dealing with him.

Asked him a lot of questions, in fact don't be affraid to force him to answer your questions.

Don't talk about marriage. When he ask you any question related to marriage, just tell him that you are looking for a good man..

Don't let his success intimidate your heart.

Knows your worth and value and make sure you have good characters.

Don't waste your hard earn money on hotels.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
Eppking:
My dear OP,

I have followed your write ups all through with much calmness. I noticed two things about your reactions. 1: you want people to see things the as you see them. 2: You react to negative comments in a way that shows you don't welcome criticism.

You are definitely not the only one in this kind of dilemma right now. I currently have a Bossom friend (lady) in your shoes as I type this.

I will advise you on three things and I believe it would reveal the true intentions of your BF as the days rolls by

1: if you have started having sex or have the intent of sexual encounters, please put a pause/ stop to it. What this does it to help you have mental and physiological balance and control over the situationship.

With what I have you seem to have strong affinity for him. This may be romance or some kind of likeness that would end up in bed. With this, having strong affinity for someone of the opposite sex makes you a prey and whatever comes out of it, blame yourself for the unnecessary weakness.

2: Ask less questions during convo. I have come to realise that men millennials don't forget their last answer to a kind certain questions. They know when a lady wants to be smart and witty and that gives them an edge.

You would be wandering why I said ask less questions! The reason is to give allowance Inorder for him to ask more questions. Smart guys wants to know what makes a lady a true lady for them. They know by the responses when they ask smart questions. Work on your responses and do not be quiet and timid during serious convo.

I want to believe he is careful about marriage especially when it is put to him as a topic of discussion by a lady he is still studying... There are guys like that. They don't talk about it when it is not coming from them.

3: Never ever turn down any date with him, I mean with this guy in your write up. I smile as I type this... This is a golden rule especially with principled men, they come with surprises on dates. Watch out and tread carefully.

Lastly as bonus. Open your doors to other guys as long as the man has not put a ring on it. Don't get me wrong oo.. I don't mean you should have multiple sex partners oo. Make yourself available to others potential suitors as I enumerate below.

You are already placed in a position of visibility, where those who earn above you would most likely be the one to come for you. This is because, they feel it would be less effort to have control over you in relationship and marriage. My dear that is how life is somehow fashioned in our clime. Your mum would be able to explain better.

More importantly, at 26, you should live your life to the fullest. Travel alone and travel wide (foreign). Club alone, I mean not with friends. Visit the mall alone and showcase your beauty (not on social media). Try this for 6 months and see your suitors double.

The trick here is that....

Thank you..... I do not ask him sensitive questions.

Sadly, I am part of those who date and will be unable to open there heart to others.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lostchild:
ngoziwrites

Do you head to advice?

How would you be thinking of marriage when you don't even know the person ?

MY ADVICE to you is remove your mind from marriage when dealing with him.

Asked him a lot of questions, in fact don't be affraid to force him to answer your questions.

Don't talk about marriage. When he ask you any question related to marriage, just tell him that you are looking for a good man..

Don't let his success intimidate your heart.

Knows your worth and value and make sure you have good characters.

Don't waste your hard earn money on hotels.

Hello..... Thank you...

A lot of people got me wrong. I have not in any way concluded that I want to get married to him. Two months is way too early and marriage is more than butterflies.

But of cos, I see him as someone I can get married to. But as we get to know each other some more. Things could change.

I only mentioned some things I noticed about him. Also, I only want to know if he is considering marriage. Some guys aren't in 3-5 years. So he gives me that vibe.

If he is, then that should happen between 1 year to 2 years. Which is perfectly okay.

That's all I shared..... And so many responses filled with u want marriage. U want marriage. It's barely two months.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by TalkCity: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
I wanted to link you up with my cousin, very handsome guy, tall and single, from Asaba(igbo speaking part of delta state) . Thing is, because of his job, he doesn't have time to socialize, that's why he's single. But you already said you can date some who earn less because I think he earn 120k. Anyway I support you not settling for less.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by madridsta007(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

Ask him and get clarity from him.
Whatever he first says, is his honest assessment.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by nevplus(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
As far as you are an Igbo girl, then dm me am ready but not richooo but ok
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Duru009(m): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
You seems to be NICE girl but DON'T let people deceive you that you're DESPERATE because you're not. You have the right to ask and know the direction of your relationship. From my observation, you LOVE him so much but it seems he likes you for NOW.
Since he has indicated 6 months I think personally is okay because 2 months will be too early to start asking anything about MARRIAGE, probably he doesn't want to disclose some certain things too early to you because of his PAST life. PLEASE give him attention and loyalty but if after 6 months NOTHING happens. Please "take a walk" before is too late, the earlier you save your sanity the better for you......

MARRIAGE is a SERIOUS business, MONEY is good no doubt but Compatibility and Communications are very very important...

From EXPERIENCE, there are some certain things he doesn't want to disclose to you now. Take that from me. YOU will certainly know later if you have PATIENCE.....

It's well dear, BEST of LUCK....
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by ngoziwrites(f): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Duru009:
You seems to be NICE girl but DON'T let people deceive you that you're DESPERATE because you're not. You have the right to ask and know the direction of your relationship. From my observation, you LOVE him so much but it seems he likes you for NOW.
Since he has indicated 6 months I think personally is okay because 2 months will be too early to start asking anything about MARRIAGE, probably he doesn't want to disclose some certain things too early to you because of his PAST life. PLEASE give him attention and loyalty but if after 6 months NOTHING happens. Please "take a walk" before is too late, the earlier you save your sanity the better for you......

MARRIAGE is a SERIOUS business, MONEY is good no doubt but Compatibility and Communications are very very important...

From EXPERIENCE, there are some certain things he doesn't want to disclose to you now. Take that from me. YOU will certainly know later if you have PATIENCE.....

It's well dear, BEST of LUCK....

Thank you. I am not planning to ask him if he thinks we can get married or if he wants to get married to me. No, that's too early.

I only want to ask him where he sees himself in a year or two. If he sees himself getting married to whoever by then.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Eppking(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

Thank you..... I do not ask him sensitive questions.

Sadly, I am part of those who date and will be unable to open there heart to others.

Okay and all the best.
Re: I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! by Lostchild(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
ngoziwrites:

Hello..... Thank you...

A lot of people got me wrong. I have not in any way concluded that I want to get married to him. Two months is way too early and marriage is more than butterflies.

But of cos, I see him as someone I can get married to. But as we get to know each other some more. Things could change.

I only mentioned some things I noticed about him. Also, I only want to know if he is considering marriage. Some guys aren't in 3-5 years. So he gives me that vibe.

If he is, then that should happen between 1 year to 2 years. Which is perfectly okay.

That's all I shared..... And so many responses filled with u want marriage. U want marriage. It's barely two months.

I understand your worries.

When a man has made money, they see all women as gold diggers.

There is a lot to say, but just be patient in life. Just wise and take things slow.

Used wisdom.

Don't call him much on phone.

When he asked to take you to a hotel, simple reject and say NO.

Tell him you want to know him

You want to know his personel.
You want to know his likes and dislike.
You wants to know where he lives.

Don't open your leg any how if not he will used you and dump you.

Don't follow him any hotels
Don't waste your painful hard earn money to hotels.

Knows your worth, and shows your worth for a man to see your worth and value.

Be ready to let him Go if he wants to waste your time. grin

Say I ain't got time by Akon

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Signs That A Guy Is Never Going To Marry You / Expert Warns Against Use Of Sex Dolls / See The Curves On A Hausa Lady That Got People Talking(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.