Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning (6305 Views)

Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position / “I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – PDP Chair Mu’azu To Jonathan Campaign / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by aloyemeka1: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
[size=14pt]Obj threatens to resign as pdp bot chair over speakership zoning[/size]

Obasanjo threatens to quit PDP BoT chair
Over S’West loss of Speakership

Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has threatened to resign his position as the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the PDP in protest over loss of the position of the Speaker of the House of Representatives by the South-West to the North-East in the current political equation in the government. It would be recalled that the PDP had zoned the post of the Speaker of the House of Representatives to the South- West with Hon. Mulika Adeola-Akande of Oyo State tipped as the choice candidate. But in the election conducted at the resumption of the plenary session of the House, the members of the House defied the directive of the PDP and voted Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal from Sokoto State as the Speaker while Emeka Ihedioha (PDP), Imo, emerged the Deputy Speaker.

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/obj_294127649.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

The surprise emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker has since generated heat, particularly in both the PDP and the Presidency. But the problem over the emergence of the Speaker may not have been solved as the South-West appears not to have accepted to be compensated with another position. According to the National Adviser of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Olusola Oke in an interview with our correspondent, contrary to reports that the national leadership of the PDP might have ceded the position of the party’s national secretary to the South-West as a compensation for the Speakership lost to the North, no agreement had been reached on that. He maintained that no other position could equal the position that was lost. As a result, he said, meetings have continued to hold in Ota Farm of former president, Chief Obasanjo over the fate of the South-West in the ongoing political development that has diminished the South-West from the first position a few months back to zero position presently. It was in one of such meetings on Thursday that the former president was said to have broached the idea of resigning his position as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party if the PDP fails to remedy the imbalance in the government.

According to a source in the meeting, the former president is expected to meet with President Goodluck Jonathan on his arrival from his official visit from the United States to formally lodge his disapproval over the development. “The former President is convinced that the party has not done enough to prevent the incidence in spite of the fact that there was enough time to settle the crisis before it finally busted. “President Obasanjo will wait for the arrival of the President from his trip as a mark of respect for the office to inform him of his plans to resign as the Chairman of the BoT. “It is not known whether he will insist on the national chairmanship to come from the South West, but as it stands now, Baba is very furious over the development and he is yet to recover from the shock of witnessing the denigration of the zone.” Although Oke refused to speak on the threat by Obasanjo to resign as PD’s BOT chairman, he expressed the displeasure of the South-West’s over the decision to cede the position of the party’s national secretary to the South-West. He said the position could not be equated with that of the Speaker.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/63428-obj-threatens-resign-pdp-bot-chair-over-speakership-zoning.html
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by seanet03: 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
Agbaya jatijati. Oloriburuku eda. Who cares if you hug a fully functional transformer
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Obiagu1(m): 12:23am On Jun 12, 2011
Wow! I love this picture of OBJ lol
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by kasiem(m): 12:33am On Jun 12, 2011
This more like a child threatening that he wont go to school if he doesnt get money for candy. Who is fooling who? This sociopath thinks that he can browbeat any person with his vaporising clout. Man, dont be deluded.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by ak47mann(m): 12:36am On Jun 12, 2011
story kawai ;d ;d
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by aloyemeka1: 3:27am On Jun 12, 2011
kasiem:

This more like a child threatening that he wont go to school if he doesnt get money for candy. Who is fooling who? This sociopath thinks that he can browbeat any person with his vaporising clout. Man, dont be deluded.

If OBJ quits PDP, the party will crumble patapata.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 12, 2011
This man obviously has extraneous agenda, as usual.

The speakership must not go to the SW. We dont need to wallow in his devious plan for another 4 years+
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by EzeUche1(m): 3:59am On Jun 12, 2011
Let him leave. Many people will rejoice!
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by aloyemeka1: 4:21am On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

Let him leave. Many people will rejoice!

Where will he go? Tinubu will not accept him in ACN.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by homerac7: 5:13am On Jun 12, 2011
Y is he whining about zoning? Didn't he also aknowledge that zoning is "dead", so y d fuss about a supposed "dead" arrangement? Does it mean dt zoning dies and resurrects at OBJ's whim and caprices? Abeg make d old cheat go siddon jare. His time is past and he's beaten in his own game. He is master in shifting goal posts, now dt doses of his wiles r fed to him he goes about throwing tantrums. Still thinking he is d colossus, but a midget under d current working. He's expired and looking for an excuse to quit a shameful overstay, so he resorts to ranting. Ranting of an ant. lol
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by daroz(m): 8:17am On Jun 12, 2011
But I cant really understand what fomular the National Assembly used, that resulted in them giving the speakership position to the north, when the vice president, senate president are already from the north. This is still a great shock to me.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by kasiem(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2011
aloy/emeka:

If OBJ quits PDP, the party will crumble patapata.
man, if obj forms a political party today, fela's movement of the people(m.o.p) will be better than it.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Desola(f): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2011
Who gives two fingers if you stay or leave? This is no longer the military era, we are now in democracy. DEATH TO ZONING!!! You can take your speakership and stick it where the sun don't shine!

Maintaining that speakership goes to the Yorubas and them getting it means that zoning would be kept alive and come 2015 or 2019, you would want to foist an ibo man on us. Well, that isn't gonna happen! We will not let that happen! If however, an ibo man, Hausa man, Ibibio man, Igala man, Yoruba man emerges by merit, then by all means let them get the position.

NO TO ZONING!!!
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by jimmysho(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2011
If obj quit has threatened, u will be shock at the turn of events
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Desola(f): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2011
With all said, nonetheless, I fear for Jonathan's longevity should OBJ quit. The man would be made totally redundant!
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by nolongtin(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2011
If he quits who will be losers and gainers
1.The far north cabals will be winners cus hes the only 1 dat can deal wit dem.i,e d babangidas atikus,ciromas.
2.The middle belt will be losers cus hes d 1 that made dem realise dat the north only use them wen politikin and brought dem to d mainstream.
3.Jonathan will be a loser cus he is not strong enuf to deal wit d north,S.E, SW.
4.The whole southern 9ja will be losers cus the north will regain their hold on nigeria without no strong opposition,cus OBJ remains the strongest personality frm the south and the north has got loads.
5.sw ACN will be winners cus finally they have managed to bury their only enemy.
6.nigeria will be a loser cus he is the only de tribalised nigerian leader today.
7.me i will be a winner cus i go dey laugh ooo,
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by pereze: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2011
And that is the only condition for me to join PDP, if OBJ leaves the party!
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by abokine: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2011
he better leave cos he is the cause of all this our turn syndrome.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by born2boink(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2011
BABA IYABO dey always make me laugh
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by mallamu: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2011
Oh God! OBJ finally want's to quit. This is the second independece of this great country NIGERIA. Eyi oluwa lo' ogo! Ogo!!!
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Grassroot: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2011
BTW:

He's threatening to quit the BOT position, not PDP.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by playboy19(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2011
Grassroot:

BTW:

He's threatening to quit the BOT position, not PDP.

If he quit BOT position, which other position(s) will he be holding? What will he still be doing in PDP?

They had better not let him quit cos if they let him, PDP is crashing and Nigeria is gonna witness a great disintegration which we have all been trying to avoid all this years, Tell me am stupiid, but it's the truth.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2011
Only in nigeria that mobsters like obj are relevant in public lives,okey,with d exception of italian berlesconi,d mafia boss
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by emisun(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2011
this is just politicking. he definitely knows that only death can seperate him from the pdp.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by 10cirenoh: 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
Who cares? Nigeria is doomed in all ramifications.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by lafuria1(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
baba iyabo shld beta quit. If he stil had influence in pdp, hw was ACN able 2 clinch s.west. If baba wants d intrest of nigerians, he shld let tins flow. He had his oppourtunity 2 make tins right but wat?
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by sexysunnyb(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
If he quits who will be losers and gainers
1.The far north cabals will be winners cus hes the only 1 dat can deal wit dem.i,e d babangidas atikus,ciromas.
2.The middle belt will be losers cus hes d 1 that made dem realise dat the north only use them wen politikin and brought dem to d mainstream.
3.Jonathan will be a loser cus he is not strong enuf to deal wit d north,S.E, SW.
4.The whole southern 9ja will be losers cus the  north will regain their hold on nigeria without no strong opposition,cus OBJ remains the strongest personality  frm the south and the north has got loads.
5.sw ACN will be winners cus finally they have managed to bury their only enemy.
6.nigeria will be a loser cus he is the only de tribalised nigerian leader today.
7.me i will be a winner cus i go dey laugh ooo, laugh with you too because i already know this
@nolongtin, i go dey
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Olaisrich(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2011
Baba, why not take it in good faith the way the things are? in politics you can't win all the time,
or is this another strategy?
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2011
As bad as it is,d age of reasoning is beginning to emerge in naija and peeps like obj can't coincide with that
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2011
obj is less shed snake skin,useless
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by bidemi12(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2011
God, please let this be true. . . . .
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2011
Why are rational peeps like pat utomi be led by irrational scums like obj?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Mocks APC, Says It Can’t Register Party, Yet Wants To Rule Nigeria / Buhari's Supporters Already Rioting In The North!! / Buhari Presents Budget To National Assembly December 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.