Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning (6316 Views)

Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position / “I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – PDP Chair Mu’azu To Jonathan Campaign / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by lovejo(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2011
Zoning is Dead, but federal character is still alive after the emergence of the president and this is stated in 1999 constitution of federal republic of Nigeria, this is not about pdp, it is about Nigeria as a whole.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by aribisala0(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
aloy/emeka:

If OBJ quits PDP, the party will crumble patapata.

it will not crumble but will be dominated by the north.

he is the only southerner they take seriously
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by wilywily13: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
Who Cares if the Ape looking thing Quit, Yorubas are not important in Nigerian.
Because of their Fraudulent lifestyle, Nigerians Rejected them. They are rejected people and will remain rejected for Ever
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by ak47mann(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2011
wilywily,:

Who Cares if the Ape looking thing Quit, Yorubas are not important in Nigerian.
Because of their Fraudulent lifestyle, Nigerians Rejected them. They are rejected people and will remain rejected for Ever
you no go church grin grin
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Azikiwe86: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2011
I do not blame Baba OBJ! the yoruba have been marginalized in mainstream politics & it is a shame due to the yoruba being the second biggest ethnic group in what we call NIGERIA,

THIS ARTICLE IS A MUST READ------------> http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/where-are-yoruba
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by jara: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2011
You may not like OBJ, but he is the only one that has been able to challenge the power status quo and also backed Joe in spite of all threats.

Note the difference in reactions though. Whenever the Igbo are not included in power structure at the center. The greatest protect come from Yoruba prominent persons and Yoruba on the streets.

Igbo are rejoicing here and justifying elimination of Yoruba.

Pity.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by ak47mann(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^
what are you talking about mr man cool igbo s offered abiola for help what did that international thief theif did? he look at  nzeribe and said i can win without igbo s and what happen after undecided Yorubas have been looking down on igbo s even before the civil war we all know already so pls save that talk for efulefus embarassed
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by gbolozy: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
OBJ GO ALREADY, PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, we beg!, we tire fi see ya face, thanks for this great deed.,,,Jah bless
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by jara: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2011
ak47mann:

^^
what are you talking about mr man cool igbo s offered abiola for help what did that international thief theif did? he look at  nzeribe and said i can win without igbo s and what happen after undecided Yorubas have been looking down on igbo s even before the civil war we all know already so pls save that talk for efulefus embarassed

My friend,

Do you make any sense to yourself? Abiola and Nzeribe what?

Please go on celebrating. This is not your first time.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by edicolove: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
It is so interesting when you see those who have run after the band wagon start to return back, OBJ did say just after he left office that people will come and thank him after a while and it will surely happen. The guy has his shortfalls but he remains the only reason we still have Nigeria today. He was begged to come and rule in 1976 and 1999 at a time when the country was at the brink. He saved the day twice. He is the only reason the South could upset the North in an election in tis country. The North are not happy with him. You think Tinubu can stand up to the North? You must be joking. OBJ might have his issues, but he has played a great role in this country and nobody could ever have played that role. His failure in other aspects of governance like infrastructure and power is due to the fact he has a military mentality. He is not a good administrator. But nobody else has a bigger passion for Nigeria like OBJ. He will be remembered as a great leader in the future. Forget about all the bashing he has gotten from the Tinubu et all. They only bash OBJ because they want to futher their own agenda. The guy is not as corrupt as the media has tried to paint him. Ask those who have worked in his farm. I am not saying he is a saint, just that the media is majorly controlled by the sw so they blew things out if porpotion just to rubbish the guy and present themselves as saints. Tinubu is 10 times more corrupt that OBJ. ANd dont tell me he has done this or that. Tinubu didnt do jack. Fashola is the only saving grace of ACN and I wait to see how the next four years will pan out. With Tinubu choosing 35 of his commisioners and Aregbesola helping him to handpick Fashola's commisioners, it will be interesting. Aregbesola currently spends more time in Lagos than he spends in Osun. And with the Awo bashing, things are not looking good. Pride goeth b4 a fall like they say. Lets watch and see.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by EzeUche1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2011
He is the main reason why there is not an Igbo speaker and we had to settle for Deputy speaker. I hope he does leave PDP. And can take the rest of his brethren out of PDP as well. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Desola(f): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
Edicolove,

You make very compelling arguments. Should OBJ leave, the centre would no longer hold.

Yoruba is the only strong opposition against the Northen domination and with their biggest threat gone, the Ibos would just be to happy to chop and quench. We know that they do not care about the future of Nigeria but about Biafra. Although, with the Hausas holsing sway, Ibos Biafra would not materialise but they have always been comforted with hand me downs, anyway.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by EzeUche1(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2011
Desola:

Edicolove,

You make very compelling arguments. Should OBJ leave, the centre would no longer hold.

Yoruba is the only strong opposition against the Northen domination and with their biggest threat gone, the Ibos would just be to happy to chop and quench. We know that they do not care about the future of Nigeria but about Biafra. Although, with the Hausas holsing sway, Ibos Biafra would not materialise but they have always been comforted with hand me downs, anyway.

We Igbos are the only group to fight Nigeria in a war. The North fears Igbos more than the Yorubas. It has only been 40 years since the last war and we have not so easily forgotten about Biafra. We have tasted freedom.

But I do agree with the assertion that Yoruba hold the center. If the Igbos had their way, we would have already left this union. So leave the center, and watch Nigeria crumble. 2015 is fast approaching.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by ak47mann(m): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
Desola:

Edicolove,

cheesy cheesy but look at what SW are doing in (NASS)tongue is it bank ole or etteh or bode OR OBJ and many more is like they are already chopping and quenching for future oduduwas grin
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
I have always said that peeps that are happy that their peeps are top shots in naija politics must be out of their mind
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
What we ve as politicians in naija are toxic weeds that will gradually but surely wither away and burn of as fuel
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by redsun(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
Politicians like obj are not for progressive generation,they are for doomed generations.D end of dressed up chimps politics
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by hakanai(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
Please Don't threaten just quit.On your way out hold IBB hand dey go!!!! Ode grin grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by vicenzo(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
ak47mann:

^^
i have heard about that statement by abiola for many times,nwanne biko, do you have any evidence that he made that statement,thanks.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
Like he is indispensable. He is of no use to the PDP anymore, he is old and the PDP no longer has a stronghold in the south west.
I don't know who OBJ thinks he is anyway. If he is such thinks he is such an influential PDP chieftain in the south west, where was he when the ACN was thrashing out the PDP during the last polls?
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by ak47mann(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
J12:

Like he is indispensable. He is of no use to the PDP anymore, he is old and the PDP no longer has a stronghold in the south west.
I don't know who OBJ thinks he is anyway. If he is such thinks he is such an influential PDP chieftain in the south west, where was he when the ACN was thrashing out the PDP during the last polls?
true talk cool
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by ak47mann(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2011
vicenzo:

i have heard about that statement by abiola for many times,nwanne biko, do you have any evidence that he made that statement,thanks.
cant get any evidence at the moment but hopefully some one will show us some evidence in this forum undecided
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by chino11(m): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
Usual yorooba madness
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by eros(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
sexysunnyb:

If he quits who will be losers and gainers
1.The far north cabals will be winners cus hes the only 1 dat can deal wit dem.i,e d babangidas atikus,ciromas.
2.The middle belt will be losers cus hes d 1 that made dem realise dat the north only use them wen politikin and brought dem to d mainstream.
3.Jonathan will be a loser cus he is not strong enuf to deal wit d north,S.E, SW.
4.The whole southern 9ja will be losers cus the  north will regain their hold on nigeria without no strong opposition,cus OBJ remains the strongest personality  frm the south and the north has got loads.
5.sw ACN will be winners cus finally they have managed to bury their only enemy.
6.nigeria will be a loser cus he is the only de tribalised nigerian leader today.
7.me i will be a winner cus i go dey laugh ooo, laugh with you too because i already know this

grin grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by bugatti: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2011
WHO LET THE CHIMPANS OUT!, this  aloysuis emeka  aka [aloy/emeka] no get job sef, him they trail monkeys, when genevieve no wear pants , na him go know , when biafra soldiers join OPC , na im go no, when yorooba pips accept that they no smart reach monkey, na im go no. GUY YOU ARE SERIOUS LOVED
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

We Igbos are the only group to fight Nigeria in a war. The North fears Igbos more than the Yorubas. It has only been 40 years since the last war and we have not so easily forgotten about Biafra. We have tasted freedom.

But I do agree with the assertion that Yoruba hold the center. If the Igbos had their way, we would have already left this union. So leave the center, and watch Nigeria crumble. 2015 is fast approaching.

IF the North feared the Igbos as you said, it would have been the older generation (1960s).

More than twice, the North have shown their dislike for the Igbos, they've killed the Igbos in the North like slaughtering chickens. If the North feared the Igbos, they would not have been trying to chase GEJ out of office, since GEJ is considered an Igbo cousin and was voted for massively by the Igbos.

My dear, dont try to be arrogant, the North fears no one. Plz abeg, have they done anything to stop another Biafra drama? Is history not repeating itself?
If the North should fear anyone, it's ACN and Tinubu. The political power ACN is showing in less than a year is something to be feared.

Once the Northern states get rid of PDP, PDP power will crumble. ACN will be it. What will APGA do? You still dont get what is going on do you?
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
LOL Why do you think the SW PDPs (Segun Oni, Oyinlola etc) are trying too hard to ruin Tinubu by playing the Awolowo stick? Well, I heard that Tinubu has been vindicated sha. Let the drama begin.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by EzeUche1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

IF the North feared the Igbos as you said, it would have been the older generation (1960s).

More than twice, the North have shown their dislike for the Igbos, they've killed the Igbos in the North like slaughtering chickens. If the North feared the Igbos, they would not have been trying to chase GEJ out of office, since GEJ is considered an Igbo cousin and was voted for massively by the Igbos.

My dear, dont try to be arrogant, the North fears no one. Plz abeg, have they done anything to stop another Biafra drama? Is history not repeating itself?
If the North should fear anyone, it's ACN and Tinubu. The political power ACN is showing in less than a year is something to be feared.

Once the Northern states get rid of PDP, PDP power will crumble. ACN will be it. What will APGA do? You still dont get what is going on do you?

Was it not the Yoruba who slaughtered like chickens this time around more than other group?

Was it not Yorubas who lost more property in the North more than other group?

Was it not Igbos who fighting back in the streets Kano, in the Northern heartland?

Hausa fear what the Igbos can do in the East, because remember we are the key to unleashing the full threat of war. If the Igbos chose to join forces with the militants in the Niger Delta, that is what the North fear.

And it was Igbo votes that defied the North and put Jonathan in the presidency.

As long as oil remains the glue that keeps Nigeria together, every group outside the East will fear what the Igbo can do to oil supplies. That is the real reason why the Civil War happened.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by aribisala0(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
was it? how many?
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by chelseabmw(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
angry angry angry
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

Was it not the Yoruba who slaughtered like chickens this time around more than other group?

Was it not Yorubas who lost more property in the North more than other group?

Was it not Igbos who fighting back in the streets Kano, in the Northern heartland?

You think they differentiate between the two groups? Was it only the Yorubas and Igbos killed?

If they feared the Igbos as you said, they'd have taken any precaution to not touch one (talkless of more than 10) Igbo families.

Go into the Northern state with your Biafra flag and see if you dont get slaughtered. What's there to fear? Even militants (possibly Ijaws) who recent kidnapped Anambra's monarch no dey fear una. If the Northerners fear you, you'd have had the speakership position, no? Didnt Igbo governors and Igbo parties make a huge noice about the position? So what did you settle with? Would fear of the Igbos not have gotten you that position?

Na who dash monkey banana? Each group is working its butt up for its own interest and this one dey talk fear.
Re: OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning by Desola(f): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2011
Lol, Ileke idi, you just pafuka the poor boy. I don't even know how to respond as i've been laughing my head off here. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Even The Igbos Dont Know About Biafra / Katsina Abduction: Okonjo-Iweala charges FG To Rescue Captives / Tinubu's Real Age Before It Was Removed Online- Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.