Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently (9372 Views)

Fani-Kayode: Dog Emefiele, Witch Najaatu, Prepare For Battle, I Will Bury You / Ghosts Of EndSARS Haunt FG’s Policies On Power, Petrol Subsidies / Election: We Will Bury Oshiomhole Politically - Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2021
obynzo:

I would like for you to show me how the igbos state that their values are superior to others. The real issue is that the igbo man is not one that is subservient, allow an igbo man he will come to your village with a torn jeans and slippers poorly unkempt, the locals will be mocking him, but give that man 4years he would rent a flat buy a car and even commence building a new house in his village. An igbo man would in few years with determination overtake you the local in your area. That is what causes the fear from other tribes not the so called respect of values you are talking about.
The usual self delusional nonsense
How many of them are driving cars in Mgbidi
You paint and propagate this delusion of how you just arrive anywhere , turn water into wine ,, walk on water and start renting flats and buying cars
For every one such individual there are thousands others as bus conductors , drug dealers, prostitutes, Gala sellers, kidnappers and so on. You are not better than anyone

There is no fear in other groups that is what you tell yourselves to make yourselves feel good

Many rightly or wrongly perceive you as barbaric , obnoxious uncivilized ad disrespectful of their cultures.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 11:26am On Dec 08, 2021
clefstone:
The possible outcome of making an Igbo president is as tricky as it is unpredictable. It would indeed decrease the biafra agitation in the short term but not thereafter.
What works most against the Igbos is that they have not culturally assimilated the other major tribes in Nigeria. This is not meant to stir up any useless tribal war here but the truth is that the Igbos as I have studied, seem not to have been exposed to other people before the late 19th century. The result is that the average Igbo man has not learned how to live with other people in mutual respect and understanding. There is this fear, that an Igbo president may by this handicap of history make mistakes that would jeopardize the future of Nigeria(even though a break up may be in the best interest of everyone, emphasis on may)

What the Igbos must do is understand this historical handicap and open up their minds as a people to respect other people's way of life, acknowledging that their values is not superior to others, then they can be trusted with the presidency
You are being diplomatic

The fundamental issue is one of greed , selfishness and dishonesty that were displayed very well in the first republic.
The domineering attitude of Zik and the unbridled nepotism in the first republic culminating in the massacere of Northern and Yoruba Northern leaders whilst sparing their own captures this attitude of thinking they are smart and everyone else is foolish

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by EraseTheDot: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
My brother you are a commoner who is only analyzing politics based on the filtered news he reads or hears, just take care and have a nice day
You are fraud. An ignorant kid with loads of baseless assumptions.
Ezeife, your elderstateman, said ibos are ready to beg and knee down for forgiveness. Yet a small fry like you is hitting his chest like a chimp.

You destroyed the structural & political foundation of the country because of your greed. Your suffering is endless until north & SW deem it fit to forgive you.

- Erase the dot
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by rexwalters: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
EraseTheDot:

You are fraud. An ignorant kid with loads of baseless assumptions.
Ezeife, your elderstateman, said ibos are ready to beg and knee down for forgiveness. Yet a small fry like you is hitting his chest like a chimp.

You suffering is endless until north & SW deem it fit to forgive you.

- Erase the dot
They openly bragged that they did not support APC & The President’s emergence, now they said they should give them the position?
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
Tinubu is a known corrupt criminal, just like Orji Uzor Kalu.

We attack individuals based on their record not a whole tribe.
You are dishonest even to yourselves . You have always hated Yorubas because they are your superiors.
Did you vote Abiola ? NO

You voted overwhelming for Tofa

What was his record?

A person no one had ever heard of before.

The issue is the Yoruba do not hold that against you. In fact it is expected from you and in the calculus all the time

Each time you come out with a different story but we do not expect anything from you.
Now you come up with this latest blackmail that Yoruba betrayed South in 2015

When did this SOUTH" start Did Rivers/Bayelsa vote Abiola ?
Did Rivers or Ibos ever vote Awolowo?
Did Ibos Vote Abiola?
Yoruba attitude is

See you on the Pitch and no quarrel

But you do not need to explain just say that it is not in your interest to support a Yoruba president. Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 11:39am On Dec 08, 2021
tutudesz:

What about the Killing by Biafran troops in Midwest region
That was during the civil war.

1966 pogrom was before the war. In fact, 1966 pogrom was the imminent cause of the civil war.

Its just like the genocide Fulanis are committing against Middlebelt people today, if Middlebelt were a brave and united people, that alone can cause another civil war, but unfortunately, Middlebelt seems to be a conquered territory by the Hausa-Fulanis who use them for political purposes only
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2021
The ultimate cause of the war was the Ibo massacre of Yoruba and Northern leaders in the January 1966 coup and the failure of Ironsi to bring the killers to book instead protecting them because they were Ibos
The North arranged a counter coup and Ojukwu's pride stopped him from accepting the military reality on the ground even though he lacked the military wherewithal to achieve secession. He was not brave. He was reckless and irresponsible
Pogrom did not happen in a vacuum.
It was a reaction. Reactions are not always equal and opposite.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2021
Awon presidency beggars grin
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
The ultimate cause of the war was the Ibo massacre in the January 1966 coup
January 1966 was a military coup, had nothing to do with civilians.

North retaliated with a counter coup that removed Aguiyi Ironsi as Head of State and they ought to have stopped there. But the usual northern love for killing unarmed civilians made them go beyond the counter coup and started the 1966 pogrom against civilian Igbos living in their region.

So the imminent cause of the war was the 1966 pogrom.

North is still exhibiting the same madness of killing innocent people today, as you can see nature has even pushed them into killing one another as a reward for their decades of massacre of innocent civilians living in their region
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by EraseTheDot: 11:46am On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
You are a commoner, you won't understand.

The marginalization started since the end of civil war in 1970. Its a successive stuff. Only Goodluck and Obasanjo (1999 era) tried to reduce it. Buhari resurrected it as a known bigot he is, and Yorubas in their desperate clamour to produce next President are ampliying it
The marginalization started since the end of civil war yet an ibo man was elected as vice president barely 9years after. Tell us any where in the world where a rebel and defeated tribe was returned to the seat of power nine years after the war.
We allowed you as vp, elected as president of Senate, appointed as federal ministers, never denied you federal allocations, built federal institutions in Southeast yet you ungrateful twerbs still trash talk.
We accepted you in your millions across the country to help rehabilitate you losers, yet you behave like an unreasonable kid.

You lack the brain, the wisdom and political sense that's why you always find yourself at the losing side.

- erase the dot

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by EraseTheDot: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2021
rexwalters:
They openly bragged that they did not support APC & The President’s emergence, now they said they should give them the position?
They want to eat their cake and also have it. Impossible!

-erase the dot

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by clefstone(m): 11:54am On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
You are being diplomatic

The fundamental issue is one of greed , selfishness and dishonesty that were displayed very well in the first republic.
The domineering attitude of Zik and the unbridled nepotism in the first republic culminating in the massacere of Northern and Yoruba Northern leaders whilst sparing their own captures this attitude of thinking they are smart and everyone else is foolish
We are saying the same thing but I am looking at the root cause while you are focusing on the effect. You are a Yoruba man I assume. The Yoruba people have lived with, married and traded with people from Hausaland up to Mali for centuries and even fought wars. What you get from this experience as a people is how to live with others, appreciate their way of life and understand that they are not stupid just because they don't view life as you view it. Living with people is the only thing that teaches you how to live with people.
I have studied the people that today constitute the Igbo tribe. Their history is that of a mostly secluded people that were not exposed to other people until relatively recently. They do not enjoy the centuries long privilege that you the Yoruba man has enjoyed. They are still learning how to live with other people

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 11:54am On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
The ultimate cause of the war was the Ibo massacre of Yoruba and Northern leaders in the January 1966 coup and the failure of Ironsi to bring the killers to book instead protecting them because they were Ibos
The North arranged a counter coup and Ojukwu's pride stopped him from accepting the military reality on the ground even though he lacked the military wherewithal to achieve secession. He was not brave. He was reckless and irresponsible
Pogrom did not happen in a vacuum.
It was a reaction. Reactions are not always equal and opposite
Go and read a British journalist analysis of the pogrom.

He said many Nigerian tribes were already envious of Igbos dominating almost all sectors of the Nigerian economy, from trade to military to politics, that the counter coup made them feel the opportunity has come to wipe out Igbos.

That it was beyond the coup and counter coup saga.

On my own, I believe Northern Nigeria is under a blood curse that makes them enjoy killing innocent civilians.

Tell me the reason or rational behind Boko Haram massacre of civilians, Bandit constant massacre of their own brothers and sisters, Fulani constant invasion and massacre of middlebelt people that is their closest political tool and ally for decades. Did they also carry out a coup that killed Northern and Yoruba leaders?

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 11:58am On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
January 1966 was a military coup, had nothing to do with civilians.

North retaliated with a counter coup that removed Aguiyi Ironsi as Head of State and they ought to have stopped there. But the usual northern love for killing unarmed civilians made them go beyond the counter coup and started the 1966 pogrom against civilian Igbos living in their region.

So the imminent cause of the war was the 1966 pogrom.

North is still exhibiting the same madness of killing innocent people today, as you can see nature has even pushed them into killing one another as a reward for their decades of massacre of innocent civilians living in their region
All coups have to do with civilians

Those killed were civilians but crucially Ibos were spared.

Ironsi did not bring them to trial again because they were Ibos
That is the koko

Was the killing of civilians and their pregnant wives military activity
Was it necessary to achieve a military objective

If killing Yoruba and Ibo and sparing Ibos has nothing to do with civilians then Ibos must think everyone else is an idiot##It is important to understand that other people have their own perspective which are just as legitimate as the Ibo one

The Ibo narrative is that they were suddenly victimized for no reason.
That is fiction

You cannot make the rules of where they ought to stop

What is that Igbo proverb about bringing home wood infested with ants............?

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:

He said many Nigerian tribes were already envious of Igbos dominating almost all sectors of the Nigerian economy, from trade to military to politics, that the counter coup made them feel the opportunity has come to wipe out Igbos.

On my own, I believe Northern Nigeria is under a blood curse that makes them enjoy killing innocent civilians.

Tell me the reason or rational behind Boko Haram massacre of civilians, Bandit constant massacre of their own brothers and sisters, Fulani constant invasion and massacre of middlebelt people that is their closest political tool and ally for decades. Did they also carry out a coup that killed Northern and Yoruba leaders?

I prefer to read Nigerian Analysis.
Boko Haram has nothing to do here

You can believe whatever superstitious nonsense maintains your sanity

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:

What is the rationale for IPOB killing of civilians
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:

All coups have to do with civilians

Those killed were civilians but crucially Ibos were spared.

Ironsi did not bring them to trial again because they were Ibos
That is the koko

Was the killing of civilians and their pregnant wives military activity
Was it necessary to achieve a military objective

If killing Yoruba and Ibo and sparing Ibos has nothing to do with civilians then Ibos must think everyone else is an idiot##It is important to understand that other people have their own perspective which are just as legitimate as the Ibo one

The Ibo narrative is that they were suddenly victimized for no reason.
That is fiction

You cannot make the rules of where they ought to stop

What is that Igbo proverb about bringing home wood infested with ants............?
You have a point for sure. I quite agree with you.

But to tell you that it was not just about the January 1966 coup, ask yourself why didnt Yorubas, Edos, etc joined in the pogrom against civilian Igbos, why was it mostly Northern thing?

The answer can be found in today's Northern insecurity situation and subsequent religious extremism and violence that were characterized with the North; their love for spilling blood without justification.

What did Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau, Benue, Southern Kaduna, Zamfara, Sokoto, etc villagers and children did to the bandits and Boko Haram to warrant daily gruesome murders?

Don't we have Muslims in Yoruba land, Edo and other states, why always North?

The answer to our argument lies in the answer to the above question
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:

What is the rationale for IPOB killing of civilians
ESN want to draw Federal government attention to release IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu, and to retaliate Police and Military massacre of unarmed IPOB members during their peaceful protest days, and Police and Army continuous defence of Fulani herdsmen terrorist killings of Igbo farmers.

Though some politicians hijacked it for Anambra election which has subsided ever since the end of that election

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
clefstone:
We are saying the same thing but I am looking at the root cause while you are focusing on the effect. You are a Yoruba man I assume. The Yoruba people have lived with, married and traded with people from Hausaland up to Mali for centuries and even fought wars. What you get from this experience as a people is how to live with others, appreciate their way of life and understand that they are not stupid just because they don't view life as you view it. Living with people is the only thing that teaches you how to live with people.
I have studied the people that today constitute the Igbo tribe. Their history is that of a mostly secluded people that were not exposed to other people until relatively recently. They do not enjoy the centuries long privilege that you the Yoruba man has enjoyed. They are still learning how to live with other people
You are looking at YOUR OPINION of the root cause

If you are interested in looking at root cause what is your methodology? You just do Tumbo Tumbo and declare assimilation is the problem. I can declare it is any other word in the dictionary. What is the basis
of your declaration
There are as many opinions as there are people > Your opinion about assimilation is nonsense

Unless I do not know the meaning of the word.

You define what you mean by assimilation because I see Igbos intermarrying and worshipping with others

The issue is they are very similar to the Fulani in seeking to dominate.
Nothing to do with assimilation

It is the Hausa that have the concept of Sabon Gari not Igbos

The fundamental problem of the Igbo is they do not face reality instead they operate on their self image as being greater than the facts reveal and believe they are better than they are

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Ovamboland(m): 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
You are a commoner, you won't understand.

The marginalization started since the end of civil war in 1970. Its a successive stuff. Only Goodluck and Obasanjo (1999 era) tried to reduce it. Buhari resurrected it as a known bigot he is, and Yorubas in their desperate clamour to produce next President are ampliying it

So you are so desperate to work for Buhari the one you call failure that you are willing to kill yourselves because he didn't employ you?

Tell us something we don't already know
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by oilyngbati(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
No, the head of lamidi cownu on a calabash will bury the civil war forever.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
ESN want to draw Federal government attention to release IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu, and to retaliate Police and Military massacre of unarmed IPOB members during their peaceful protest days, and Police and Army continuous defence of Fulani herdsmen terrorist killings of Igbo farmers.

Though some politicians hijacked it for Anambra election which has subsided ever since the end of that election

Were they not killing people before Kanu was captured? You are also very dishonest
Was Kanu not inspiring the killings?
I suggest you go and study the Theory of the Fundamental Attribution Error

When an Igbo person does something despicable they have a good explanation but when others do it it is evil
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:

The usual self delusional nonsense
How many of them are driving cars in Mgbidi
You paint and propagate this delusion of how you just arrive anywhere , turn water into wine ,, walk on water and start renting flats and buying cars
For every one such individual there are thousands others as bus conductors , drug dealers, prostitutes, Gala sellers, kidnappers and so on. You are not better than anyone

There is no fear in other groups that is what you tell yourselves to make yourselves feel good

Many rightly or wrongly perceive you as barbaric , obnoxious uncivilized ad disrespectful of their cultures.

Your comment is tainted with hate. People that deal with igbos will tell you how resourceful they are. Go to Nnewi alone you will see solid real estate there alone what of Abiriba that is known as small london because of fine real estate. For you to say there is no fear in group is you being delusional and lying to your teeth. If there is no fear why threaten them at any small whim? There was a video trending where some delusional Yoruba artisans in Ladipo were begging Tinubu to help them that igbo have bought over everything in Ladipo and are threatening to throw them out.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by dapolaw(m): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
The reason being that other people made their regions investment friendly, henced the reason why the Igbos find it easier to come and start their businesses.

franchasng:
Your comment lack understanding and actual merit based on real facts on ground.

Igbos are the only bridge interlinking all Nigerian tribes.

Igbos are the only tribe that live peacefully in all parts of Nigeria contributing immensely to their host community's development.

Igbos are the only tribe that have the highest investment outside their region (almost in all regions of Nigeria).

Igbos are the only tribe that invest in all tribes without fear or prejudice, despite the widespread hatred and misinformation against them.

So what are you saying?

Is it Yorubas or Fulanis that hardly invest outside their region that have learned to live with other tribes?

You guys just open mouth and talk without even reasoning
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:

Were they not killing people before Kanu was captured? You are also very dishonest
Was Kanu not inspiring the killings?
I suggest you go and study the Theory of the Fundamental Attribution Error

When an Igbo person does something despicable they have a good explanation but when others do it it is evil

You see the killings in the south East, it is political killings. The FG wanted to use the IPOB tag as an excuse to paint them as terrorists. Check after Elections in Anambra state killings immediately stopped.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
obynzo:

Your comment is tainted with hate. People that deal with igbos will tell you how resourceful they are. Go to Nnewi alone you will see solid real estate there alone what of Abiriba that is known as small london because of fine real estate. For you to say there is no fear in group is you being delusional and lying to your teeth. If there is no fear why threaten them at any small whim? There was a video trending where some delusional Yoruba artisans in Ladipo were begging Tinubu to help them that igbo have bought over everything in Ladipo and are threatening to throw them out.

calling Yoruba artisans delusional is love? So what happens in Ladipo is representative of all Yoruba
Igbos are saints

What about those Yoruba that collected rent on Igbo property during the war and handed this over on their return? Did that happen?

Hausas are very resourceful
Yorubas are resourceful

Do you dispute that or is it not your agenda that

Igbos are more resourceful than everyone?

Guy leave story
You no resourceful pass anybody
Wetin you know you know
Wetin you no know you no know

You do not know everything

You will now tell us that we are afraid . Is it your fear?

That is what YOU want to believe

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
Hausas are very resourceful
Yorubas are resourceful

Do you dispute that or is it not your agenda that

Igbos are more resourceful than everyone?

Guy leave story
You no resourceful pass anybody
Wetin you know you know
Wetin you no know you no know

You do not know everything

You will now tell us that we are afraid . Is it your fear?

That is what YOU want to believe

Like i said your comments are tainted with hate and you desperately want to use this medium to spread hate. Tell me who run the retail section of the Economy. Which tribes have more millionaires that made it without any closeness to government. Go to Nnewi alone, Forbes stated that Nnewi has the highest concentration of Billionaires in Africa. Give me 10 billionaires that are self made without government patronage in Ogun and i will give you twenty in Nnewi alone with all their verifiable Businesses
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Ugokelvin007: 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2021
To hell with your presidency.. biafra is all we want
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
obynzo:

Like i said your comments are tainted with hate and you desperately want to use this medium to spread hate. Tell me who run the retail section of the Economy. Which tribes have more millionaires that made it without any closeness to government. Go to Nnewi alone, Forbes stated that Nnewi has the highest concentration of Billionaires in Africa. Give me 10 billionaires that are self made without government patronage in Ogun and i will give you twenty in Nnewi alone with all their verifiable Businesses
Calling Yoruba artisans delusional is a declaration of love?

Tell us the methodology for determining who has more millionaires without closeness to government?
You set your own exam , mark it and declare yourself the best candidate

You have been closer to government than Yoruba in Nigerian history
You want facts
Look at the 1st republic, 2nd republic where the Yorubas were totally excluded by Zik with the Fulani
You were closer to Goodluck Jonathan

Again look at this thread if you are looking for hate
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

The reality is all your opinions are based on a narrow biassed perspective divorced from reality

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
obynzo:

You see the killings in the south East, it is political killings. The FG wanted to use the IPOB tag as an excuse to paint them as terrorists. Check after Elections in Anambra state killings immediately stopped.
This explanation makes plenty sense..............................

Inside the four corners of an Ibo head

First it was to secure Kanu's release. When I point out that Kanu was coordinating the killings before his capture you shift the goalpost

Lying comes very naturally to you folk
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
This explanation makes plenty sense..............................

Inside the four corners of an Ibo head

Hate filled comments from you doesn't make you appear sensible
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by clefstone(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
You are looking at YOUR OPINION of the root cause

If you are interested in looking at root cause what is your methodology? You just do Tumbo Tumbo and declare assimilation is the problem. I can declare it is any other word in the dictionary. What is the basis
of your declaration
There are as many opinions as there are people > Your opinion about assimilation is nonsense

Unless I do not know the meaning of the word.

You define what you mean by assimilation because I see Igbos intermarrying and worshipping with others

The issue is they are very similar to the Fulani in seeking to dominate.
Nothing to do with assimilation

It is the Hausa that have the concept of Sabon Gari not Igbos

The fundamental problem of the Igbo is they do not face reality instead they operate on their self image as being greater than the facts reveal and believe they are better than they are
yes sir, they are my opinion only just as I appreciate your position here as you opinion.

The Fulanis and the Igbos differ in how they seek to dominate. The Igbos seek personal glory in their quest for dominance. They seek to dominate for themselves and not for the group including to dominate others of their own tribe, the reason why they are easily defeated. The Fulanis on the other hand seek dominance of his group before personal glory. Totally different ideologies

Again, all my opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Ways In Which You Can Help Make Nigeria A Better Place. / Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala / Centenary City Abuja Nigeria’s “smart City” (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.