Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently (9376 Views)

Fani-Kayode: Dog Emefiele, Witch Najaatu, Prepare For Battle, I Will Bury You / Ghosts Of EndSARS Haunt FG’s Policies On Power, Petrol Subsidies / Election: We Will Bury Oshiomhole Politically - Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
This explanation makes plenty sense..............................

Inside the four corners of an Ibo head

First it was to secure Kanu's release. When I point out that Kanu was coordinating the killings before his capture you shift the goalpost

Lying comes very naturally to you folk

Please bring my comments where i shifted goal post when you claimed NK was coordinating the killing. It is very clear to all who know this game that the killings are all political even IPOB stated clearly that they are not behind the killings. But hate filled humans like you decide to spread hatred everywhere.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
clefstone:
yes sir, they are my opinion only just as I appreciate your position here as you opinion.

The Fulanis and the Igbos differ in how they seek to dominate. The Igbos seek personal glory in their quest for dominance. They seek to dominate for themselves and not for the group including to dominate others of their own tribe, the reason why they are easily defeated. The Fulanis on the other hand seek dominance of his group before personal glory. Totally different ideologies

Again, all my opinion
Restricting myself to the Assimilation thing. That needs definition

I as a Yoruba person find Igbos better assimilated than Aboki. We eat similar foods , intermarry more and have much greater understanding OUTSIDE of politics
If you go to any Face me I face you compound in Nigeria you will find greater Igbo Yoruba assimilation. So that s NOT the issue .

In politics The Ibos think they are smart but have found out that they are the least organized politically and they do not have the humility that is crucial for politics in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
clefstone:
I appreciate the tone of your response sir, it is greatly lacking here. That said, the bolded clearly explains what I cited as a shortcoming of the Igbo man and answers your question. You assume you overtake the local by becoming the richest person there. That is only according to your value system that places premium on money over everything else. Others are driven by other things which you must respect. The Igbo man just doesn't understand values differ.
Other tribes do not fear Igbos as you assume, the truth is that other tribes do not like Igbos, pardon me but it's true.
Do you agree with me that the Igbos were perhaps the most unexposed major tribe in Nigeria before the 1900s?

The Igbos were the last to have contact with the white man and it was tough for the white man to conquer them because of the republican nature it was hard to subdue them that was why the last stronghold in Nigeria to fall was the Aro Confederacy in the 1900s just to support what you said, but a clear testament to the ingenuity of the igbos they surpassed other tribes that by the 1950s enrollment level in Education was the highest for Eastern Region followed by Western Region and lastly.... you already know the answer.
Obafemi Awolowo introduced free education to battle and counter the Eastern region in terms of enrollment levels. University college ibadan was the first higher learning institution but their degrees were awarded in Afiliation to university of London. but UNN started in the 60s and was awarding degrees in 1963 that is why UNN was the first indigenous degree awarding Univeristy in Nigeria another testament to the ingenuity of the igbos and old Eastern Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by fregeneh(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
StreetFight:
Give Igbos too a chance so that we can have rest.

But the best is, let's separate from the blood sucking vampires from the Sahara desert

Igbo don't need presidency.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by bjdon: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
You are being diplomatic

The fundamental issue is one of greed , selfishness and dishonesty that were displayed very well in the first republic.
The domineering attitude of Zik and the unbridled nepotism in the first republic culminating in the massacere of Northern and Yoruba Northern leaders whilst sparing their own captures this attitude of thinking they are smart and everyone else is foolish
Add to that the attack of the Midwest. The Igbos have offended and killed members of all the other ethinic groups in Nigeira, and now they expect those same groups to hand the Presidency to them on a platter. Jokers!!
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
obynzo:

The Igbos were the last to have contact with the white man and it was tough for the white man to conquer them because of the republican nature it was hard to subdue them that was why the last stronghold in Nigeria to fall was the Aro Confederacy in the 1900s just to support what you said, but a clear testament to the ingenuity of the igbos they surpassed other tribes that by the 1950s enrollment level in Education was the highest for Eastern Region followed by Western Region and lastly.... you already know the answer.
Obafemi Awolowo introduced free education to battle and counter the Eastern region in terms of enrollment levels. University college ibadan was the first higher learning institution but their degrees were awarded in Afiliation to university of London. but UNN started in the 60s and was awarding degrees in 1963 that is why UNN was the first indigenous degree awarding Univeristy in Nigeria another testament to the ingenuity of the igbos and old Eastern Nigeria as a whole.
You just wake up and talk rubbish

The white man that has been selling Ibos for centuries? Suddenly you were the last to have contact
What republican nature? In Oguta, Aro, Anambra?

Aro Confederacy that you mention was a Republic? You are funny

Aro was anything but republican

The white man had no problem conquering you. The Ijaws , Itsekiri, Ibibio and Efiks were selling you off for centuries

What is it about republican nature that makes military conquest difficult? That is nonsense

There was no republican nature

You simply had not evolved beyond the Umunna level of administration

There was no recorded town anywhere .You were essentially villagers operating at the Umunna level

That Umunna psychology is very much around today
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
Igbo presidency with Futadjalon written constitution;
Thats like building a beautiful mansion; with a faulty foundation;
We dont need a rubber stamp;A warrant chief;
We dont need another Fulani appiontee; a stuge;
We want a referendum;
We want to go back to true federalism;not a unitary system( Emir style constitution) written by few Pro Fulani soldiers; from one ethnic region; and impose that decree on the rest of us;
Take us back to the constitution written by our founding fathers ; agreed upon before independence.
Igbo presidency for your pocket; gbakwa okwu.
Biafra is a spirit and it wont die;
I respect people from Ghana ; Benin republic; because they respect me ; I wont tolerate a system that allows someone from Futadjalon to rule over me ;rape my children; kidnap for ransom and displace my people; hoist there flags in my fathers land ;collect taxes; shoot down Nigeria military jet fighters; etc and go scot free ; All because I want one Liegeria; I rather go my seperate ways and be respected ; chose who comes in and out of my territory; make decisions for my people;
Freedom for Biafra;
Referendum for peace;
Not Ndigbo Presidiots another Fulani rubber stamp.
Tufiakwa.

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:

You just wake up and talk rubbish

The white man that has been selling Ibos for centuries? Suddenly you were the last to have contact
What republican nature? In Oguta, Aro, Anambra?

Aro Confederacy that you mention was a Republic? You are funny

Aro was anything but republican

The white man had no problem conquering you. The Ijaws , Itsekiri, Ibibio and Efiks were selling you off for centuries

What is it about republican nature that makes military conquest difficult? That is nonsense

There was no republican nature

You simply had not evolved beyond the Umunna level of administration

There was no recorded town anywhere .You were essentially villagers operating at the Umunna level

That Umunna psychology is very much around today

Hate tainted comment once more you are just a frustrated person. But i will not descend to your level of trading insults and spreading hate, because my parents raised me well, dunno about you.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
bjdon:

Add to that the attack of the Midwest. The Igbos have offended and killed members of all the other ethinic groups in Nigeira, and now they expect those same groups to hand the Presidency to them on a platter. Jokers!!

Wow
Nigeria committed a genocide of Ndigbo
6 million Ndi-Igbo killed;
Now your turning the facts ;
While displacing million of indigenous Nigerians (living in IDP camps);
Killing indigenous people;
The dot will always be your Waterloo ;according to Obasanjo without Ndigbo; the Fulanization agenda's of indigenous Nigerians by yall could have been achieved; Ndigbo will defend and die for all indigenous people in Nigeria; until they all wake up and push back ; Your lies will catch up with you.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
9jah:

Wow
The dot will always be your Waterloo ;according to Obasanjo without Ndigbo; the Fulanization agenda's of indigenous Nigerians by yall could have been achieved; Ndigbo will defend and die for all indigenous people in Nigeria; until they all wake up and push back ; Your lies will catch up with you.
6 million? Not 60 million?
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:

Were they not killing people before Kanu was captured? You are also very dishonest
Was Kanu not inspiring the killings?
I suggest you go and study the Theory of the Fundamental Attribution Error

When an Igbo person does something despicable they have a good explanation but when others do it it is evil

You know why ipob formed ESN.

Firstly to protect Southeast forests from constant Fulani invasion and killing of Igbo farmers in which Nigerian security did nothing to stop them.

In the process of their numerous confrontations of Fulani herdsmen in the bushes, Police and Army instead of helping to dislodge the terrorist herdsmen terrorizing villages rather went about arresting and attacking community youths who tried to defend their communities from Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

This made ESN to start launching attacks on Police checkpoints and formations.

it was Buhari and Southeast Governors failures to stop the fulani herdsmen invasion of Southeast farms to kill farmers that led to the formation of ESN.

If Southeast Governors had formed an active regional security outfit like Amotekun at least in.the wake of those fulani herdsmen terrorists attacks in SE, ESN wouldn't have been born at all.

And of course some politicians seized the opportunity to also cause more havoc which is normal with Nigerian politicians.

Mind you, I am not supporting ESN deviation from protecting SE forests against Fulani herdsmen terrorists. I condemned it

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
6 million? Not 60 million?

Take a book ;
Read now;
Mr propaganda
Mr;Bokoharam= Book is a haram.
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Sakasitay(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Will you kip kwayett??

Shows how shortsighted our Igbo leaders are.

Development in Igboland (and nationwide as well) will reunite this country. If there’s an Igbo president - na “mmezi” be that.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Blackdisciple(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
You mean forgotten the civil war??

Even if they get presidency the biafran war will never be buried, infact were on earth have u heard that history like civil war is buried.

It's only in Nigeria we love burying things that matters just because we don't want people to see us and say bad people.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
You know why ipob formed ESN.

Firstly to protect Southeast forests from constant Fulani invasion and killing of Igbo farmers in which Nigerian security did nothing to stop them.

In the process of their numerous confrontations of Fulani herdsmen in the bushes, Police and Army instead of helping to dislodge the terrorist herdsmen terrorizing villages rather went about arresting and attacking community youths who tried to defend their communities from Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

This made ESN to start launching attacks on Police checkpoints and formations.

it was Buhari and Southeast Governors failures to stop the fulani herdsmen invasion of Southeast farms to kill farmers that led to the formation of ESN.

If Southeast Governors had formed an active regional security outfit like Amotekun at least in.the wake of those fulani herdsmen terrorists attacks in SE, ESN wouldn't have been born at all.

And of course some politicians seized the opportunity to also cause more havoc which is normal with Nigerian politicians.

Mind you, I am not supporting ESN deviation from protecting SE forests against Fulani herdsmen terrorists. I condemned it
Interesting but off point and irrelevant
Focus on the train of the conversation

Is your argument that ESN killing is justified but Boko Haram's is not?

All you have written is like talking about about how Jesus turned water into wine when asked if His mother was a virgin
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by franchasng: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
aribisala0:
Interesting but off point and irrelevant
Focus on the train of the conversation

All you have written is like talking about about how Jesus turned water into wine when asked if His mother was a virgin
Can you please tell me the goal of Boko Haram and why they are killing and sacking innocent villagers from their communities?

I only replied to your question where you asked why IPOB are killing Police in SE.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by aribisala0(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
Can you please tell me the goal of Boko Haram and why they are killing and sacking innocent villagers from their communities?

I only replied to your question where you asked why IPOB are killing Police in SE.

ONCE AGAIN

I am not a member of Boko Haram

Are you a member of ESN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by justtoodark: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
we dont care if igbos forget....
only thing we know is nigeria won....

get used to democracy or go kill yourself....

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by justtoodark: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
QueenAgbo:
grin

This people don start again.

imagine....igbos should just stop talkin....its gettin embarassin....

even if people agree to vote only a igbo candidate,how you wnat convince a hausa,yoruba and many others....??

it cant work like that....
igbo leaders are very stvpid....

and we have the most stvpid in our zoo prison....a rare species....buch your tickets to go and watch am in dss zoo cage....
its called umu bingo the supleme donkey....
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by justtoodark: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
awon umu know it all....
than playin politics like all others,they are presentin themselves as solution to everything in the world....

without igbos,the world would end....
useless people....

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
franchasng:
That is why Tinubu remains a drug kingpin and a corrupt criminal that can never be President cheesy

use that to campaign against Yoruba and let Yoruba use their own propaganda against you and see who will win

the only threat to Igbo presidency is Yoruba candidate, what igbo should be doing now is consulting Yoruba political leaders

as far as 2023 is concern, is all about southerners and this is the opportunity of you igbo to become president but not by this hate

what igbo should do is to have political media group in all social media and stop kids like you from contributing on political matters

if I'm igbo I could have lead by example, creating political media group on behalf of Ndigbo, I will be convincing other Nigerians the characteristics of igbo people and enlighten them in order of get rid of the stereotype giving to Igbo people, along the line the political class in Southeast will fall in line, I will gain limelight and the igbo national political recognition will also sit well.....it will be a win win for all igbo but average igbo believe in misplace priorities

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Watch this ; Ndigbo and all progressive s.
Ulasi well spoken,Ndigbo dont need your Presidiot ;We need restructuring back to the agreed constitution prior to independence;not this Emirate; style unitary system of government ;forced upon us by a Fulani majority military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKu8hpL7c5Y
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by MartinsD12(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/igbo-presidencyll-end-biafra-other-agitations-in-south-east-south-south-ngige/
I totally disagree, the current Nigeria political system is completely rubbish, always helping politicians accumulate stupendous wealth and leaving the poor masses to suffer, proper restructuring is needed but will this current set of greedy politicans agree to restructuring ? No because the corrupt system enrich them and they know restructuring will take away opportunity to loot .

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Freedom34: 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Drogunov: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/igbo-presidencyll-end-biafra-other-agitations-in-south-east-south-south-ngige/

I don't know why Igbo elders expect everybody to keel to their emotional blackmail. It is so easy for the SE to produce a president. All they need is to identify a dynamic individual and a single political platform with all Igbos solidly behind him regardless of where they are domiciled within the country. But no. Infighting, greed and stu.pidity will not allow them. They just want it as a gift using the civil war as a reason. Its not going to work that way. The Fulanis have infiltrated them so much that they have taught them to blame other Southern people for their woes instead of blaming the common devil we are all fighting.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Freedom34: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
wakaman:
Mscheeew
These people fail to understand the main problem with their clamour for presidency.
For free, here it is - TRUST.
Truth is bitter!
cool

The average non Igbo Nigerian has serious doubts about the loyalty of the Igbos to them and the Nigerian entity at that.
This situation is not being helped by the disposition of the average Igbo man to other tribes of Nigeria. The clamour for secession, the rhetorical threats to other tribes over the civil war, the popular acceptance of nnamdi kanus destructive and villianisation of the country, the open and unguarded utterances on other tribes by the average Igbo.
Locally, there is the perspective of an Igbo president activating the biafra agenda, causing economic, social and cultural upheavals due to rhetorical sentiments.
THIS IS REAL.

So, to the Igbos, you need to work on your trust issues.
Have a unified front and mouth piece, unlike the motley crew of representatives or heralders that have done more harm than good in the quest for Igbo presidency under NORMAL circumstances.

Up Nigeria.
That will never happen.
The average igboman is highly individualistic......they'll even tell u 'Igbo knows no king'.
The average Yoruba has à rallying point in BAT; the average northerner has pmb, ibb etc as their political arrowhead, but can u point to one from d east?
None but a captured rabble-rousing secessionist.
The journey still far!

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
cool

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by purefacti(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
north forever south will never rule this con3 again
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Ekpeitit(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
"IBIBIO PRESIDENCY WILL MAKE AKWA IBOM PEOPLE VERY HAPPY".
THERE ARE OTHER TRIBES IN THIS COUNTRY APART FROM IGBOS,IGBOS MUST STOP THINKING IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO BE PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by Freedom34: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by jneutron4000: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by xelly: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
GeneralPula:
Is he saying dem never bury the 3m biafrans that was killed like rat?

Nigerians will never have sense. Human was buries like rat and that's fine for you?

I just watched the burial video of those killed as they travel from Sokoto.

I couldn't continue as that was too bad. I can wish that on animal talk more of a human.

Where have we lost it? Where is humanity? Why do we worship God if we be this wicked?
Re: Ngige: Igbo Presidency Will Bury The Ghosts Of Civil War Permanently by bjdon: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
9jah:

Wow

What lie have I told? Did Igbos not invade the midwest? You guys NEVER acknowledge the sins you have committed against others, yet you want others to acknowledge their sins against you. He who demands equity must come with clean hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangers Of Voting Out GEJ For APC In 2015 / Jonathan Was Fair To Ndigbo, Says Igbo Group / "Beware Of Self-styled Group Called Buhari Campaign Organization" - Keyamo warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.