Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person (31930 Views)

Frank Edwards Reveals What A Random Fan He Gifted Money Bought With It / Ini Edo Visits University Of Uyo, Her Alma Mata (Photos) / Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
If your womb is okay, why have a surrogate? Hmm stop all this explanation we dont need no lecture.

See cv, geez, why cant thy womb hold a child?
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Farfalla(f): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Acidosis:

Ini Edo in her late 30s? Nollywood age?

She says she's 39. I'll work with that.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Lagosfinder(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
what about orphans who grew without either parents, don't they still do well?

You seem not to get it

She shouldn't have disclose it

The society we are isn't friendly, when this would be used against the child, she and her supporters won't be there
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
When you label a complete human as 'surrogate baby' you create the impression that a child produced from a surrogacy procedure is somehow less than and I'm sure you know that's 100% false and wrong! People are wired differently. Sometimes, one experience is enough to scar or make a lasting impression on a person for life and will mostly form a basis for decisions taken later in life and it is perfectly valid. When you categorically state that her reasons for opting for a surrogate to have a child are 'flimsy and selfish' I wonder whether you are an acclaimed expert on the subject including valid reasons for choices made!

Are you in her life? Do you know how her mind operates? Do you know what personal/family experiences she might have had or seen? Even the few public 'fighting marriages' with kids caught in the cross-fire might be enough for her to take her decision. She mustn't explain it all to the public and even more importantly, she owes no explanation or validation from you or any one out there. She is a Nollywood star who has taken a personal life decision at 39 and that should be enough for everyone.

Crystalom3:
Her reasons for wanting surrogate baby is so flimsy and selfish.

She talks as if it's every marriage that are fighting on public forum.

Besides, does she take her daughters feeling into the equation? It's all about herself in this case
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Ladycewhy(f): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
I can understand the shock and pain this surrogacy must be giving to misogynists hiding under "this is Africa".They are shaken to their very core , a modern woman makes a smart move to be happy unfortunately it doesn't feel good to what their ancestors had taught them so it's not right heck some even see it as evil.

This is a woman who has been married before ,had series of miscarriages ,but that part is oblivious to them, they just want to sit and spew their ancestor's mentality in 2021( going to 2022).

Una go get heart ache tire ,she still has many frozen eggs. Women who have the funds should be smart like Ini. Even at 70 she can still bring out her eggs and make babies.Now thats what being a modern woman entails, being happy even if it means breaking all norms set by people from 1900 bc.

2 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
And why not a donor? Since she'd decided or is not able to personally carry the pregnancy for whatever reason, will you compel the surrogate to have sex with some stranger and what happens to Ini's eggs extracted and prepared for the purpose? As far as fertilization is expected to take place outside the female body, it must be a donor whether known to her or not and she is not under any obligation to disclose his identity!

jaxxy:

Why even a donor?

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
You know she didn't just have the baby. It's just that some gossips somehow sniffed and decided to bring it to the public, insinuating that the child is for a married man, enough to even wreck his own marriage! Perhaps she felt the need to make a few clarifications so the hungry wolves baying for blood would be appeased but it's clearly not enough. As far as they cannot envision priick, pvssy and 9-month belle on Ini in the picture, everything is wrong! Tueh!
Aunty Surrogacy? Is that the new 'insult' in addition to 'ashawo and gold-digger'? Na wa!

Damian10:
You put your life wide open on air and then complaining when tongues be wagging. Leave your life off social space and worry not about peoples opinion aunty surrogacy
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Crystalom3(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:
When you label a complete human as 'surrogate baby' you create the impression that a child produced from a surrogacy procedure is less human and I'm sure you know that's 100% false and wrong! People are wired differently. Sometimes, one experience is enough to scar or make a lasting impression on a person for life and will mostly form a basis for decisions taken later in life and it is perfectly valid. When you categorically state that her reasons for opting for a surrogate to have a child are 'flimsy and selfish' I wonder whether you are an acclaimed expert on the subject including valid reasons for choices made!

Are you in her life? Do you know how her mind operates? Do you know what personal/family experiences she might have had or seen? Even the few public 'fighting marriages' with kids caught in the cross-fire might be enough for her to take her decision. She mustn't explain it all to the public and even more importantly, she owes no explanation or validation from you or any one out there. She is a Nollywood star who has taken a personal life decision at 39 and that should be enough for everyone.

lolz

I see your point but my calling a child a surrogate baby is not derogatory or meant to be demeaning.

When you have black and white, you don't call the black white in order to bring it to par with the white, you call it black to help differentiate and make your point.

My calling the child a surrogate baby is only in that aspect and not in any of the way you are seeking to narrate it.

Secondly, I'm not an expert in anything and I don't need to be an expert when I see selfishness.

Do you need to be an expert to warn AS and AS couple who chooses to marry and give birth? Do you need to be an expert to tell them that regardless of their reasons, that one of their child will suffer and live a life if misery because of their actions?

Of course they have their reasons for wanting to give birth, but that reason will not prevent the consequences.

As a loving parent, your first goal is to clear the way and make your child as safe and comfortable as possible. That's why people say 'they need a conducive and safe environments' for their kids.

Her choice of choosing surrogacy is not bad for her. She gets all her desires met. She will be happy and that's beautiful.

But What about the child, do you care about her own happiness? No matter how we try to polish it, she will still grow in a society that's hostile to her.

As a parent, wouldn't you rather have prevented that? Ini can weather the storm of 'what people will say' but why what about the child? And if peradventure, the child is strong and can weather the storm, it still begs to ask the question, why even put the child through it in the first place?

Personally, I don't give a cent about Ini Edo, my thoughts and speculations are only about the child and the effects this could have on her.

And yes, if Ini Edo shared her news online, she shouldn't expect people not to comment about it whether good or bad. You can't go and talk your business in the market square and turn around and say people are mocking you.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by jaxxy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:
And why not a donor? Since she'd decided or is not able to personally carry the pregnancy for whatever reason, will you compel the surrogate to have sex with some stranger and what happens to Ini's eggs extracted and prepared for the purpose? As far as fertilization is expected to take place outside the female body, it must be a donor whether known to her or not and she is not under any obligation to disclose his identity!

Why is she having a baby with a man she cannot couplate with??
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Crystalom3(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
jaxxy:

our woke brethren will do social distancing with this question grin
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Have you considered that she may be unable to carry a pregnancy to full term? Do you know if she has a medical condition? Since there are other options to have a child, must she copulate beyond pleasure? What is this obsession with sexual intercourse?
jaxxy:

Crystalom3:
our woke brethren will do social distancing with this question grin

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by jaxxy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:
Have you considered that she may be unable to carry a pregnancy to full term? Do you know if she has a medical condition? Since there are other options to have a child, must she copulate beyond pleasure? What is this obsession with sexual intercourse?

Offcourse that’s possible and not wrong, even married couples do ivf. I’m only asking since she’s calling him a donor.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Crystalom3(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:

we know she had no medical condition because she clearly stated her reasons.

Stop asking boring questions
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
But read well. She has said the sperm donor is not a random person. She has only decided not to disclose and that person will most likely not be playing the role of father in the child's life. What is the selfishness there that you have been going on and on about? Must she tell us who the father of her baby is? The child will be just fine, people have been mocked and shunned even for their physical appearance that they may have no control over so I believe your umbrage should be at a society that is happily 'advanced' with the latest gadgets and electronic acquisitions but will not also evolve towards learning to accept people simply for being fellow human beings without more!

Crystalom3:
lolz

I see your point but my calling a child a surrogate baby is not derogatory or meant to be demeaning.

When you have black and white, you don't call the black white in order to bring it to par with the white, you call it black to help differentiate and make your point.

My calling the child a surrogate baby is only in that aspect and not in any of the way you are seeking to narrate it.

Secondly, I'm not an expert in anything and I don't need to be an expert when I see selfishness.

Do you need to be an expert to warn AS and AS couple who chooses to marry and give birth? Do you need to be an expert to tell them that regardless of their reasons, that one of their child will suffer and live a life if misery because of their actions?

Of course they have their reasons for wanting to give birth, but that reason will not prevent the consequences.

As a loving parent, your first goal is to clear the way and make your child as safe and comfortable as possible. That's why people say 'they need a conducive and safe environments' for their kids.

Her choice of choosing surrogacy is not bad for her. She gets all her desires met. She will be happy and that's beautiful.

But What about the child, do you care about her own happiness? No matter how we try to polish it, she will still grow in a society that's hostile to her.

As a parent, wouldn't you rather have prevented that? Ini can weather the storm of 'what people will say' but why what about the child? And if peradventure, the child is strong and can weather the storm, it still begs to ask the question, why even put the child through it in the first place?

Personally, I don't give a cent about Ini Edo, my thoughts and speculations are only about the child and the effects this could have on her.

And yes, if Ini Edo shared her news online, she shouldn't expect people not to comment about it whether good or bad. You can't go and talk your business in the market square and turn around and say people are mocking you.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Crystalom3:
we know she had no medical condition because she clearly stated her reasons.

Stop asking boring questions
Which brings us back to why you feel so entitled over her stated reasons which you qualified as selfish. How is it your concern?
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by cafolu: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
He is a donor because for the procedure of surrogacy, sperm must be donated. There is no copulation required.
jaxxy:

Offcourse that’s possible and not wrong, even married couples do ivf. I’m only asking since she’s calling him a donor.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Prime4life(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

You and your mama no know your papa abi? How can a sane person go online to tell people she used a random sperm donor to form her daughter without shame? Nothing wrong with surrogacy, a husband/boyfriend/lover is to be the donor. Who asked her before she talked?
Happy moherhood indeed Household wen dey boast of peace, na their bastard never grow. Later the confused one will be kneeling down about and crying in secret like Tonto begging fvck mates to stand as father.
Breeding bastards and naming them after their fathers, rubbish!

bro i know the point you are coming from but she has already done it, and it can not be reversed, when it gets to that time she will release the name of the donor to her daughter which is her father.

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by jaxxy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:
He is a donor because for the procedure of surrogacy, sperm must be donated. There is no copulation required.

Ok thats fine. I wanted to know why a donor.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by jclassiq(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ms. Ini, you owe nobody an explanation but now that you have started to explain, then you may as well go all the way.
Time to stop the half-truths and the incomplete informations and just tell us everything.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by irunoko(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

Use your head, nothing wrong with surrogacy, your husband/boyfriend/lover will be the donor. Funke Akindele, Kim Kardashian etc did it.
Sperm donor is for couples who want to remain together but the man is not fertile, and they want children. This is done as a cover up and so that the donor will not lay claim or blackmail in future. Single women who have no partner also do it but it boomerang in the long run when it comes to Will and inheritance.
So, out of all the men in the East, no single man could collect money and cooperate?
She's even lucky it is normal bearing mother's maiden names over there. Tonto said same, see the public disgrace faced when burst.
my post was in response to those criticizing ini
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by BeardedmeatR(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
pepperdemzombie:
Linda pikin_no papa
Precious children_no papa
Ini Edo pikin_no papa.
Shey ipob children no dey get papa ni?
You Sabi your own papa? Cos I'm sure you have four siblings but different fathers.

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Acesexcell(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ernestforyou:
Keep on blowing grammar,you will understand the implications of the rubbish you did in the nearest future.Your child will always remind you,don’t worry!
Lol....if the girl requested to know her father in future, what would probably be her answer?
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by pepperdemzombie: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
Prime4life:
bro i know the point you are coming from but she has already done it, and it can not be reversed, when it gets to that time she will release the name of the donor to her daughter which is her father.
No name anywhere, she gave out herself already. She said she doesn't want any man to lay claim of the child, hence a donor. It is the same thing with buying blood at blood bank, they sell from store. Ronaldo did same to birth his twins, he doesn't know the owner of the eggs, his father is lambasting him for it and he is alao regretting it.
Ini deleted the comment and twist due to the backlash. The action s very wrong, she wants to show feminism.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by irunoko(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think you are lying.

You ever wondered why CCTV though capable of audio recording don't utilize the audio feature?

It's because it's illegal to record conversation of people. It's called eavesdropping, an offense punishable under the law of any country.

Like I said, on the speculation side I think you may be lying. And no one watch cctv recording every time except an issue pops up.

If we start even analyzing the psychological aspects of kids knowing their talks and actions are being monitored 24/7, then that's a whole lot of other issues. Let's be realistic please.

And should we talk about the time line of your schooling and the evolution and acceptance of cctv in public spaces in Nigeria?
please read to understand not to respond.i said CCTV is present but checked when there's an issue.bye
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by pepperdemzombie: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:
Even here she has clearly stated that the sperm donor is no random person, you are still 'offended'. Over what, I can't imagine! Who died and made you author of all things IVF and surrogacy and Ini Edo's choices? She is well within her rights to have no relationship with or never disclose the identity of the father of her child! Rest and let sense locate your location! See how you are even insulting and dragging Tonto Dike who was married to the father of her child and his identity is not hidden! What exactly is the colour of your problem?

What is the Nationality of your foolishness? It is clearly written up there, that she deleted what she wrote before. She said she doesn't want any man to lay claim on the child, hence a donor. She deleted and twist after backlash. Why bring what is not people's business to public domain?
Abeg, buy Refurbished Chinese sense
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by pepperdemzombie: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
tollyboy5:

Why you com dey vex
They like to support rubbish that they will not advise members of their families to do. Ask them to ask their sisters to go for donors, they will not agree but derailing some fools. That's how Regina introduced them to Kayamanta.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by pepperdemzombie: 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
BeardedmeatR:
I no Sabi my own papa o! Cos my Olosho mama has 8 children with no fathers.

Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by TheOgaBoss: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lagosfinder:

You seem not to get it

She shouldn't have disclose it

The society we are isn't friendly, when this would be used against the child, she and her supporters won't be there
yes I agree that this should have been a private matter for her but u know our celebrities always want to be in the spotlight, whether positively or negatively.
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by pepperdemzombie: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
cafolu:
My mother, Try not to be too silly. There is no child without a mother and father. That one or the other parent isn't actively in the parenting picture for whatever reason/circumstance doesn't negate the existence of a father/mother. Father of Linda Ikeji's child is known; Ini has clearly mentioned that the sperm donor is no random person; even Precious whose kids are currently in their father's custody you say no papa. Is it a new strain of madness you are reacting to?

How do you know the father of Linda's son? Were you there when they did it or he has come to claim? The boy's surname is Ikeji.
Ini first said she used a donor cos she doesn't want anybody to lay claim on the child. She deleted and twist after backlash.
I thought you people laughed at FFK's impotence yesterday. Precious said she never had sex with FFK for 6 years cos he is impotent. Who owns sperm for IVF?
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Lagosfinder(m): 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
yes I agree that this should have been a private matter for her but u know our celebrities always want to be in the spotlight, whether positively or negatively.

You are very correct

Which unfortunately they don't know the mental health of the child is at risk in the future to come
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by tollyboy5(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

They like to support rubbish that they will not advise members of their families to do. Ask them to ask their sisters to go for donors, they will not agree but derailing some fools. That's how Regina introduced them to Kayamanta.
In the west there are children with father and father.
What ever anyone choose for herself is no ones business
Re: Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person by Ogaboss44(m): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ddokie:

And why did she come on social media to announce to the whole world how she had a child?

If you don’t want people’s opinions on a controversial issue, don’t drop it at their doorstep. Once you do, you are inviting opinions, many of which you won’t like because they may be truths too hard for you to handle.

People who want to go against conventional human practices should learn to keep it to themselves. If they don’t, they should expect great resistance from those who believe that it is their responsibility to make sure the status quo remains.

She did it for all you busy body Nigerians to know how she got her child, before you guys would cook up another story.
Who can blame her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Charles Awurum With The British Police / BIW Model Management Honour Ateke Michael Tom, Amayanabo Of Okochiri / Susan Peters Gushes About Nadia Buari's Beauty As They Take Adorable Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.