Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? (23628 Views)

Should I Quit This Work. / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by VTJN(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
advanceDNA:
My own question in all of this is.... which kind woman dey collect penis inside room with 3 other men...

I’m not understanding
They fit be RUNAWAY women. They probably don't live under their parents roof.

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:
Should I quit this job and return home?

So I have been unemployed for a while until late last month that a friend gave me link to his place of work and I got the job. The pay is not good but I had to take it cos I was wasting away without any income.

Now I joined him in the city but he didn't tell me in his one room apartment, he has 3 other guys living in. I now make the 5th guy in one room. All of them have a girlfriend that still come to sleep in the same room. I'm sure you can imagine what it means living in such a condition. I'm just 2 weeks into the work but I have already felt so tired and fade that I'm thinking of quitting the job and go back to the village which is neither a better option. Some days, I sleep in the open in the compound because no space for me inside, absorbing all in the cold into my system which is very unhealthy, plus uncertain security situation. Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.
3 months probationary non payment is slavery. That alone you should quit immediately. What rubbish

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
Powersurge:

Bro reason it like this.
1. Do you know the love hemust had for you to call you to come and join him in his one room apartment that has chocked him already? What do you think he has sacrificed to bring you here and offer you a means of living? What does it take him to kick your ass and those other guys out?

2. The beginning of everything is had. Are u saying you can't be able to raise money for a room within 6 months to 1 years?

3. Do you think to make it in life comes on a platter of gold?

Oga put your ego under your armpit and face life squarely. Going back to the village my foot. You even have a place to put your cloth and shower. Some people came here surviving under bridge till they were able to stand. You want to go the to the village to be "blowing" grammer as a graduate abi? Stay and face your problems as a man.

It's easy to say all this things because you are not experiencing it yourself.

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Lavisha(f): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
franchasng:
Dangote is still another greedy, shittty employer, keep praying for a better job, Dangote no follow even though I heard he pays up to 500k monthly to his refinery and fertilizer plant workers. Based on industry standard, he is underpaying his employees.

Nigeria just needs to be completely demolished and new set of people, probably Caucasians sent to replace the current black humans occupying Nigeria angry
Yes, you're right!
We are underpaid at Dangote but it's better than those shitty jobs out there.
For me, Dangote is just a training ground/ a springboard to learn and become a professional in order to position me for a better job with better pay.

I'm 4years on the job already, I will move on once I clocked 5 yrs.

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by adedehinbo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:

If God brought him there, HE wouldn't add suffering to his situation.

The Op is suffering.
Have you ever slept out in the open overnight on a crazy harmattan period like this?!
I guess no.
where harmattan dey for lagos?
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Danjikanbauchi: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
Keep pushing and praying too.

Don't depend on that job, keep applying for other places and give yourself a target.

No go back to village, where you are now is a stepping stone to where you are going.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by seanwilliam(m): 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Powersurge:

Bro reason it like this.
1. Do you know the love hemust had for you to call you to come and join him in his one room apartment that has chocked him already? What do you think he has sacrificed to bring you here and offer you a means of living? What does it take him to kick your ass and those other guys out?

2. The beginning of everything is had. Are u saying you can't be able to raise money for a room within 6 months to 1 years?

3. Do you think to make it in life comes on a platter of gold?

Oga put your ego under your armpit and face life squarely. Going back to the village my foot. You even have a place to put your cloth and shower. Some people came here surviving under bridge till they were able to stand. You want to go the to the village to be "blowing" grammer as a graduate abi? Stay and face your problems as a man.
So make e Dey sleep outside for this harmattan period ?? Apart from that do you know the risk involved sleeping outside in the middle of night?Why are you so wicked like this ?

Make e endure sleeping outside , do you even know his health condition ? U people go just Dey dash advise una no fit follow. U fit tell your own brother to endure that for 90 days without Getting one naira foe Christ sake? Man you’re a wicked entity ..

After Person go school for many years and endure real life hunger and sufferness, na this kind advice u go give am ? Haa now..

What if after three months , something happens and the job no later click?
Ok what if after getting the job , his health deteriorates?

Why do you guy cherish sufferness like this ??

No wonder buhari is the president..

@OP, find where to borrow money , even if na one room or even if you go find person to share the one room with ( u go see, na wetin person no find e no Dey see)),

Food, shelter and clothing no be something person Dey joke with cos of one stupid job wey no go pay u eveb 200k in a month .. or better still , go back village , this time with a smart hustler mentality ,, ransack all nairaland job section , also investment and business section , u can always start something with as low as 5k..

Pls . I feel for you .
Besides where is the location self?

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by franchasng: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:

Yes, you're right!
We are underpaid at Dangote but it's better than those shitty jobs out there.
For me, Dangote is just a training ground/ a springboard to learn and become a professional in order to position me for a better job with better pay.

I'm 4years on the job already, I will move on once I clocked 5 yrs.
I love your spirit. Wish you all the best

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by BlackyOne: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

So I have been unemployed for a while until late last month that a friend gave me link to his place of work and I got the job. The pay is not good but I had to take it cos I was wasting away without any income.

Now I joined him in the city but he didn't tell me in his one room apartment, he has 3 other guys living in. I now make the 5th guy in one room. All of them have a girlfriend that still come to sleep in the same room. I'm sure you can imagine what it means living in such a condition. I'm just 2 weeks into the work but I have already felt so tired and fade that I'm thinking of quitting the job and go back to the village which is neither a better option. Some days, I sleep in the open in the compound because no space for me inside, absorbing all in the cold into my system which is very unhealthy, plus uncertain security situation. Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.

OP I dey feel your pain if it is true about what you wrote here.... My truth be say as I dey type this message now I never eat today because of Sapa but I won sacrifice 2k for you (send ur account), I beg you in all things sacred nor scam me if the story nor be true abeg.

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by funshint(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
But why are some Nigerian employers/company so wicked....not even transport fee during the 3months period. No wonder most of them collapse early...their wickedness cries out to heaven!
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:
The question is on going back to the village, do you have anything tangible you plan on doing? See my friend the pathway to greatness is never easy as I'll advise you mange and also explore other jobs options till you find something suitable to do then you move out. It won't be easy but always know that things won't be thesame forever. Just be hardworking, dedicated and committed then most importantly don't forget to always seek God in prayers and service then be rest assured you'll definitely scale through the huddles of life. All the best
They have corrupted your minds with the belief that you must suffer in life. I enjoyed my father's house, I never settled for less in the name of "I must suffer first". After service I went back to my father's house because everything's there. When I got three jobs and declined because I can't come and go and live in suffering in the name of " I must suffer first " becuaee I know what I'm worth. The job I accepted had to provide me with accommodation, pay for light and transport because they know what I can offer.

Now I'm doing well, taking care of my mom. I stopped her from doing any job that will take her energy even though she likes being active all the time. All my siblings are getting change from me.

All that mentality I never believed and I'll never believe. Just develope yourself in the most comfortable environment and be good at what you do. When u are good u ll never settle for less. I developed myself in my Father's house while I was enjoying at the same time.

My mates that have left their Father's house after service are still struggling with meager salary because the salary and the job won't let them develope themselves or invest in other ways.

Someone collecting 30k a month and is stressed at work... How ll u develope yourself? U can be doing this job for 5 years without anything to show for it... Only the fat that you are surviving.

Now I have a plantation that I employ people to look after it for me

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by ifex370(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Opexzy:
The major issue here is you not getting paid, through out the probational period... That's crazy... It's like I have never heard of it before.

Are you sure, you are not being taken for granted here?

Same question I'm asking. I wish there were labour laws in this country. Some slave camps wouldn't exist
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Powersurge: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
youmour:

It's easy to say all this things because you are not experiencing it yourself.

Hmm. Ok.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Kajaard: 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
advanceDNA:
My own question in all of this is.... which kind woman dey collect penis inside room with 3 other men...

I’m not understanding

That's my question as well.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Kajaard: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
BlackyOne:

OP I dey feel your pain if it is true about what you wrote here.... My truth be say as I dey type this message now I never eat today because of Sapa but I won sacrifice 2k for you (send ur account), I beg you in all things sacred nor scam me if the story nor be true abeg.

You are a very nice person. From the very little you have you still find it in your heart to help the op. God bless you.

It's people like you I love helping.

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Spherical77(m): 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
henrybangs44:

They have corrupted your minds with the belief that you must suffer in life. I enjoyed my father's house, I never settled for less in the name of "I must suffer first". After service I went back to my father's house because everything's there. When I got three jobs and declined because I can't come and go and live in suffering in the name of " I must suffer first " becuaee I know what I'm worth. The job I accepted had to provide me with accommodation, pay for light and transport because they know what I can offer.

Now I'm doing well, taking care of my mom. I stopped her from doing any job that will take her energy even though she likes being active all the time. All my siblings are getting change from me.

All that mentality I never believed and I'll never believe. Just develope yourself in the most comfortable environment and be good at what you do. When u are good u ll never settle for less. I developed myself in my Father's house while I was enjoying at the same time.

My mates that have left their Father's house after service are still struggling with meager salary because the salary and the job won't let them develope themselves or invest in other ways.

Someone collecting 30k a month and is stressed at work... How ll u develope yourself? U can be doing this job for 5 years without anything to show for it... Only the fat that you are surviving.

Now I have a plantation that I employ people to look after it for me
You are lucky bro

probably that phrase "SUFFER BEFORE ENJOYMENT" was meant for people like us who came from extremely poor background. You know we don't have a choice to life than to accept what life's throw at us. Op was even fortunate to had a place to lay on with a job (though meagre pay)

I'm still job haunting. No merriment for poor man in this yuletide season

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by befocused1: 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.

Dear Op,
I have some questions and counsel for you:

How do you survive, is your friend responsible for your upkeep?

Which city and is your compound fenced?

Do you have prospect of career progress in that job?

If your friend can support you through your probation period, I advise you stay (and appreciate him by being of good character now and later). This job will give you experience that may qualify you for other positions/jobs, don't take it for granted.

If your compound is fenced, just get mosquito net and good 'cover cloth', and trust God for your safety till you get an alternative.

Learn to be good at the your task in your organization, make good friends and learn what can qualify you for a better position.

Never join the boys because you will never be able to plan your future if you start that "woman business" in such condition.

Never run from a challenge except your have another option with GREATER BENEFITS

God bless path �

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Spherical77:
You are lucky bro

probably that phrase "SUFFER BEFORE ENJOYMENT" was meant for people like us who came from extremely poor background. You know we don't have a choice to life than to accept what life's throw at us. Op was even fortunate to had a place to lay on with a job (though meagre pay)

I'm still job haunting. No merriment for poor man in this yuletide season

That's true. Not everyone is fortunate. I pray things will work out for every body sincerely working hard to make a better future
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Floreate: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
DO NOT QUIT. THE FRIEND IS A NICE GUY THAT'S WHY HE TOOK YOU IN DESPITE NOT BEING VERY FINANCIALLY STABLE.

PLS TRY AND KWECHIRI.

ENDURE AND YOU WILL GET A BETTER OPTION.

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Philip4564(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:

If God brought him there, HE wouldn't add suffering to his situation.

The Op is suffering.
Have you ever slept out in the open overnight on a crazy harmattan period like this?!
I guess no.
no pain no gain, no test no Testimony..remember this brother.. It's not everyone that start big we all have to start somewhere bro

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nyanabo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Try manage... I'm sure if you prove to be excellent in you work place, you would be proud of your add ONS to that 'nit much salary.

Sleeping out in the cold is also not a good option, try sleep inside with them. It's safer the neighborhood is not good especially this period.

What you need is perseverance.

I will leave you with this little known poem from the 18th century I read many years ago.

"For all you days prepare, and meet them ever alike when you are the anvil bare; when you are the hammer strike"

Also note that quitters are never winners.

Cheers.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Marimart: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:
Go back home bro.

That shitt is not for you.

2016 l, I got a 30k PA job in Opebi, Lagos.
The boss was an abusive rich brat, I quit after 2 weeks cos I just can't stand her bad mouthing all cos of a Job.

In 2017, I got a Job with Sumal Foods Ibadan as QC officer, makers of Biscuits and chewing
Gums; never knew it was a fuckkin Indian
Company.
Sis pls link me up cos son of man has been jobless for a while now
The pay was 30k with 12hrs shifts, what broke the camel's back was I had to leave my Lagos to stay with a relative in Ibadan, it wasn't funny at all.
I lasted just 3 days ..

My dad disowned me cos of not wanting to do shitty jobs.

I kept on grinding for the right Job untill Dangote called!

Now I'm Papa's favourite!
I've overtaken Hunger, abuse, poverty and all those who doubted me.
I've got my own fam, and a sweet car too.
I may not have it all yet but in my mind- I am rich and I aint gonna settle for less.
Things worked for me maybe because I'm a typical "Cappy" and don't believe in forcing and rushing things.
Slow and steady won it for me.

Don't give up bro, you just need the right mentality.
Not everyone is fit for suffering, if you really think you belong to a better situation, Just hold on and keep grinding and praying, your turn will come.

If I can make it, you can too.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Kajaard: 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
befocused1:

Dear Op,
I have some questions and counsel for you:

How do you survive, is your friend responsible for your upkeep?

Which city and is your compound fenced?

Do you have prospect of career progress in that job?

If your friend can support you through your probation period, I advise you stay (and appreciate him by being of good character now and later). This job will give you experience that may qualify you for other positions/jobs, don't take it for granted.

If your compound is fenced, just get mosquito net and good 'cover cloth', and trust God for your safety till you get an alternative.

Learn to be good at the your task in your organization, make good friends and learn what can qualify you for a better position.

Never join the boys because you will never be able to plan your future if you start that "woman business" in such condition.

Never run from a challenge except your have another option with GREATER BENEFITS

God bless path �

Best response so far.

Op please listen to this

cc: 55truth
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Psoul(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.

You can go back to the village where your mother will be feeding and you will have a complete one room and a comfortable bed to sleep then continue wasting there or stay put in the job your friend connected you to. Forget every distractions, suffer for a while in that apartment for a while and kick start your life from there and then become someone better.
The choice is yours.

You said that you made them the 5th person in that room. The other 4 have bn living there, none of them has died.
Anyone that likes too much comfort when he has not worked enough to earn that comfort does not go far in life.
There are many of your mates sleeping in the street just for them to make a living. This guy offered u job and accommodation and you prefers soft life.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by riverbird: 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Kajaard:

That's my question as well.

You should know that some of our so called girls/ladies no get shame.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Kajaard: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
riverbird:

You should know that some of our so called girls/ladies no get shame.

They are totally shameless.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Wizlead: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
God will see you through.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Maj196(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Wtf man undecided
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Rree: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Yes
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Tayosteve(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't be a lazy man! I came into lagos with nothing on me except my rugged bag. We were 8 in a room( face me I slap u) , I was the last guy that came in.

It get to a point I was so tired and wanted to go back home, the stress, embarrassment and all sort of nonsense, the owner of the room will be knacking and u go just hear pim on your head( na pant). Just within a year I saved and move out.

Right now, I'm married with a good job,
I have my own apartment ,very comfortable. Everything don set. If I had go back , who go loose?

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by 55truth: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
youmour:

3 months probationary non payment is slavery. That alone you should quit immediately. What rubbish

They will pay the accrued at the end of the 3 months.

Yoruba & Hausa Teachers Needed In United States Colleges & Universities / N-Power Enters Assessment Phase: Press Statement From Office Of Vice President / Beware Of No.9 Oremeji Street, Isolo, Lagos.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85