Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? (1027 Views)

An Unhappy Marriage (partners Still Respect Themselves+no Abuse)stay Or Divorce? / Do Women Still Respect Their Husband This Much? / Men Should Learn To Respect The Vagina. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
Goodday, Fellas. When a woman starts earning higher than the man, would the respect still be there? I asked because in most cases, i see these women being disrespectful and are insurbordinate to their husbands.

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Agricmoney(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
The respect would still be there depending on the foundation that the marriage is built on.Pride would definitely come in but with love and discipline it would be suppressed.

Anyway, Agriculture is life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Ebubechuwku(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
You have money, I have money, so why are you worried?... grin grin grin

What about if your junior brother con rich pass you million times, e get pikin before you , will you be worried

This life na once, stop being worried about little things, enjoy your life and forget the rest

Inferiority complex, don't give way to that small devil.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by MufasaLion: 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
It depends on how high and the lady's personality.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
No because it is because of money that women are asked to respect their husband but if she's now earning higher then the man should respect her because roles have been switched

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
Agricmoney:

The respect would still be there depending on the foundation that the marriage is built on.Pride would definitely come in but with love and discipline it would be suppressed.

Anyway, Agriculture is life
In most cases, reverse is always the case. Most of these women tend to be humble and loyal to u when u are earning better than they do. But when they start earning better than u do, that's when u will see their true colours. Only very few women aren't that way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
Here to read comments

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
No because it is because of money that women are asked to respect their husband but if she's now earning higher then the man should respect her because roles have been switched
This is one of the reasons some men don't allow their wives to work. Just full time housewife.
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Teripaul(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
It takes 8 or 10 yrs for a man to feed hz family and hz wife, buh jux ordinary 2 days wey a woman feeds her husband she go dey like deputy jesus, complaining upandan, shoutin at d man unnecessary, take more of when she started earning high, omo she go carry the whole family 4 head like say she done make am 4 heaven.

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Ogbotobo77(m): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
Women are hypergamous in nature...women love opportunistically..no woman loves you just for who you are...know this....know peace...
Women don't seek an equal for marriage...they always want a superior in all ramifications

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Eyinju112(f): 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
Talking from experience
It takes a high level of humility to be submissive when you earn better... I used to be so arrogant when I see figures in my bank account, no guy ever talk to me and I listen
Na so guy man persuade me do joint account with am, I do joint account finish I must take permission before I spend money, sometimes he doesn’t grant my request of needing money, I’ll have to beg him before my request been granted... that shit humbled me

5 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by lkillbrokehoes: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Actually NIGERIAN women act bossy when they earn more than their partners, I've seen this severally, unlike foreign women that are very humble.

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Actually NIGERIAN women act bossy when they earn more than their partners, I've seen this severally, unlike foreign women that are very humble.
This could be one of the reasons some Nigerian men don't allow their wives to work(full housewife).

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Truvelisback:
Goodday, Fellas. When a woman starts earning higher than the man, would the respect still be there? I asked because in most cases, i see these women being disrespectful and are insurbordinate to their husbands.
Yeah she would..okonjo iweala is a perfect example...
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Not all..

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
GonzalezAguero:

Yeah she would..okonjo iweala is a perfect example...
Apart from her, who else do u know? By the way, how do u know she is a perfect example? Have u lived with her b4?
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Truvelisback:
Apart from her, who else do u know? By the way, how do u know she is a perfect example? Have u lived with her b4?
Another good example is "folorunsho Alakija"
Me saying she is a perfect example mean that in term of respect and submission she's good to go..have you ever heard of any relationship scandal in their relationship??
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by JustStupidity: 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
They won't. Bannies are not meant to be at the top

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
GonzalezAguero:

Another good example is "folorunsho Alakija"
Me saying she is a perfect example mean that in term of respect and submission she's good to go..have you ever heard of any relationship scandal in their relationship??
They may be that way without u noticing it. Note: Not every woman that lacks respect and submission to their husband likes bringing their private life issues to the public. Another reason is that some men may be suffering as a result of that but may decide to keep mute for one reason or the other.
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Truvelisback:
They may be that way without u noticing it. Note: Not every woman that lacks respect and submission to their husband likes bringing their private life issues to the public. Another reason is that some men may be suffering as a result of that but may decide to keep mute for one reason or the other.
"Not every woman that lacks respect and submission to their husband likes bringing their private life issues to the public"
That shows she respect herself and her marriage..
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Make no body lie una...o. A woman will never have respect anymore for a guy starting from her brother, father, boyfriend, husband etc if she has money more than they do. I have seen it happen countless times. When my I stayed with my aunt who had an FG job and also running a profitable business. I and everyone in that house were taking orders from her. She would talk to the husband anyhow and tell him to do anything he wants to do; and the man who had no job at that time will not be able to do anything.
Also my female neighbor that year would say things and back it up with money and things would happen whereas her brother will just talk and talk and talk and talk and nothing will happen. Let any lady earn more than you; she would show you pepper. Anyone who does not know this, is living in denial.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
GonzalezAguero:

"Not every woman that lacks respect and submission to their husband likes bringing their private life issues to the public"
That shows she respect herself and her marriage..
Lol, no bro. It's not always that way. I know that there are women who respects and are submissive to their husbands irrespective of how much they earn than their husbands. However, these women are very rare and very few to find.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
Truvelisback:
Lol, no bro. It's not always that way. I know that there are women who respects and are submissive to their husbands irrespective how much they earn than their husbands. However, these women are very rare and very few to find.
Thanks for agreeing with me..they exist but are rare..

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ixua:
Make no body lie una...o. A woman will never have respect anymore for a guy starting from her brother, father, boyfriend, husband etc if she has money more than they do. I have seen it happen countless times. When my I stayed with my aunt who had an FG job and also running a profitable business. I and everyone in that house were taking orders from her. She would talk to the husband anyhow and tell him to do anything he wants to do; and the man who had no job at that time will not be able to do anything.
Also my female neighbor that year would say things and back it up with money and things would happen whereas her brother will just talk and talk and talk and talk and nothing will happen. Let any lady earn more than you; she would show you pepper. Anyone who does not know this, is living in denial.
Bro, no be lie oooo. Many of them tend to be very, very difficult to talk to.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Curvinus(m): 10:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Once your wife starts earning higher than you, just know it's over, except you're willing to overlook so many things that you ordinarily wouldnt tolerate, including having to constantly walk on egg shells and turn deaf ears to gossips.

I know about a man who was unemployed and the wife worked in the same place as me. Then one day, somebody messaged him about how he didnt have a wife cos the lady was busy philandering in the office. Nigger couldnt even confront his wife but went and reported to his family who later turned the heat on the wife. When I spoke to her about it, she blamed it on the hardship but didnt really seem remorseful.

Another instance was when my former boss told a story about a certain time that he was low on cash and he asked the wife to assist in paying the kids school fees. He said the wife's attitude during that period made him vow never to ask her for any financial favour again.

My other boss who is now retired but whose wife is still a senior staff and even drives flashy cars was also adamant about how a man's respect in the home front was highly dependent on his financial prowess. Although the wife is rich and career oriented, he said majority of the family expenses were borne by him at the time.

Also while growing up, I noticed that many of the women who had government houses allocated to them in the neighbourhood didnt really live together with their husbands even though they had been married before. One practically drove the husband away and warned him never to show his face again.You didnt really need to look hard to understand why.

So based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence, it is safe to surmise that living together with a wife who earns higher than you. is indeed an uphill task and may not be one for a man with a lot of ego.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by habsydiamond(m): 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Make I do the Stat give u.. The percentage of woman that will respect u even when they are earning more than u as the husband is like 10% to 100% while the rest no go even won know see u are existing.. The worst pass is if u are now jobless again.. It will just be as if u are dead waiting to be buried.

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn.. Nasty.. I'm out of here

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2021
Curvinus:
Once your wife starts earning higher than you, just know it's over, except you're willing to overlook so many things that you ordinarily wouldnt tolerate, including having to constantly walk on egg shells and turn deaf ears to gossips.

I know about a man who was unemployed and the wife worked in the same place as me. Then one day, somebody messaged him about how he didnt have a wife cos the lady was busy philandering in the office. Nigger couldnt even confront his wife but went and reported to his family who later turned the heat on the wife. When I spoke to her about it, she blamed it on the hardship but didnt really seem remorseful.

Another instance was when my former boss told a story about a certain time that he was low on cash and he asked the wife to assist in paying the kids school fees. He said the wife's attitude during that period made him vow never to ask her for any financial favour again.

My other boss who is now retired but whose wife is still a senior staff and even drives flashy cars was also adamant about how a man's respect in the home front was highly dependent on his financial prowess. Although the wife is rich and career oriented, he said majority of the family expenses were borne by him at the time.

Also while growing up, I noticed that many of the women who had government houses allocated to them in the neighbourhood didnt really live together with their husbands even though they had been married before. One practically drove the husband away and warned him never to show his face again.You didnt really need to look hard to understand why.

So based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence, it is safe to surmise that living together with a wife who earns higher than you. is indeed an uphill task and may not be one for a man with a lot of ego.

This is really bad. 2moro if he eventually makes it and starts treating her like a slave, people who don't really know their story would start insinuating that the man is wicked.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by froze6(m): 9:33am On Dec 09, 2021
Eyinju112:
Talking from experience
It takes a high level of humility to be submissive when you earn better... I used to be so arrogant when I see figures in my bank account, no guy ever talk to me and I listen
Na so guy man persuade me do joint account with am, I do joint account finish I must take permission before I spend money, sometimes he doesn’t grant my request of needing money, I’ll have to beg him before my request been granted... that shit humbled me
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 11:00am On Dec 11, 2021
Eyinju112:
Talking from experience
My younger sister exactly that way. When she got married(to a Naval officer), the guy handled her with wisdom. He refused to allow her to work(of which i liked) but he provided her needs in the home and for her. He intend to provide a shop for her to sell things. They have joint a/c.
Re: When A Woman Starts earning Higher, Will she still respect the man? by Truvelisback(m): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
Iyaebe:
So, women are to respect their husband because money. Is that what u mean? By the way, where did u get that info from, that it is because of money that women are asked to respect their husband?

(1) (Reply)

Guys This Is A Question For You / Sex: Do All Girls Have The Same Taste? / Do You Like My Profile Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.