Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. (1119 Views)

Who And Where Is ESAU/EDOM Today? / Jewish Encyclopedia Says Modern Jews Are Not ISRAELITES But ESAU/EDOM / From Jacob To Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Am going through my bible & i came through genesis 27, and am still wondering the role she played against esau. Is that why the arab countries hated the israelite?
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by LordIsaac(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
She tried to bring the prophecy told her by the angel to fruition.
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Am going through my bible & i came through genesis 27, and am still wondering the role she played against esau. Is that why the arab countries hated the israelite?
Why do many mothers not equally love their own children? undecided

Why is there such a thing as sibling rivalry?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
There where many factor that played out, they are life principles and will work for anybody that apply them.

1 prophesy : 'Jacob have I loved and esau have I hated' prophecy never fails, it must come to past

2 honour: Jacob was a man of honor, he listened to his parents love his mother and ensure he hids to everything she said. Esau married against the mothers will and the wife where being disobedient.

3 favour: once the favor of God is upon you, everyone around you will look for a way to help you. Favor is not money but men partnering to bring your future to past, to ensure you succeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
LordIsaac:
What angel told her what? undecided
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
There where many factor that played out, they are life principles and will work for anybody that apply them.

1 prophesy : 'Jacob have I loved and esau have I hated' prophecy never fails, it must come to past

2 honour: Jacob was a man of honor, he listened to his parents love his mother and ensure he hids to everything she said. Esau married against the mothers will and the wife where being disobedient.

3 favour: once the favor of God is upon you, everyone around you will look for a way to help you. Favor is not money but men partnering to bring your future to past, to ensure you succeed
2. Jacob was the thief who stole from his brother, and his mother, a woman who fueld rivalry between her two sons. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
LordIsaac:

She didn't try, it is true she was told about two nations in her womb, the eldest will serve the youngest, but it was more than that. Some factors played out eventually and all that was said came to past. It is unscriptural to carry out prophecy humanly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
2. Jacob was the thief who stole from his brother, and his mother, a woman who fueld rivalry between her two sons. undecided

You better ask the spirit of God to help you, this life you are living is not for you. Don't come and be saying things you don't know or you can't defend.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You didn't even know about the prophecy that was told to the mother
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
You better ask the spirit of God to help you, this life you are living is not for you. Don't come and be saying things you don't know or you can't defend.
Again, there's no need to revise the facts as written right there in scripture for all the see. You insult God when you do so. undecided

2. Jacob was the thief who stole from his brother, and his mother, a woman who fueled rivalry between her two sons undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, there's no need to revise the facts as written right there in scripture for all the see. You insult God when you do so. undecided

2. Jacob was the thief who stole from his brother, and his mother, a woman who fueled rivalry between her two sons undecided

See I understand you are enlightened, but I tell you there is a knowledge without understanding that puffeth, when you lack understanding by the spirit of God the script will only remain a scripture and not life for you. I believe I am not wasting this wisdom
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
You didn't even know about the prophecy that was told to the mother
If you had paid attention to the discussion you jumped into, you would have stopped to ask and wonder what what God is written to have said to Rebekkah in Genesis 25 vs 22 - 24 has to do with Rebekkah fueling rivalry between her two sons. undecided
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
See I understand you are enlightened, but I tell you there is a knowledge without understanding that puffeth, when you lack understanding by the spirit of God the script will only remain a scripture and not life for you. I believe I am not wasting this wisdom
Again, there's no need to revise the facts as written right there in scripture for all the see. You insult God when you do so. if you can't even accept what is before you as it is written, your claim to have understanding of it is false and of no meaning. To understand the Truth of God, you first need to accept it as-is, only then will you truly access the understanding that God has to give you of it - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 24undecided

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you had paid attention to the discussion you jumped into, you would have stopped to ask and wonder what what God is written to have said to Rebekkah in Genesis 25 vs 22 - 24 has to do with Rebekkah fueling rivalry between her two sons. undecided

Like I said read your Bible by the spirit, don't just take words and submit them the way it appears. Nothing should be added to the word of God and nothing should be subtracted. It was by the inspiration of the holy spirt upon holy men the bi le came to be, it is also by the help of the holy spirit you can gain insight and understanding of how things are.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
Like I said read your Bible by the spirit, don't just take words and submit them the way it appears. Nothing should be added to the word of God and nothing should be subtracted
Interestingly enough, those of you claim to read the Bible by spirit, something Jesus Christ never suggested nor commanded, are very much guilty of adding your own delusions into what is written when it suits you. lipsrsealed

You did exactly that earlier when you conveniently declared Jacob a man of honor when he was instead a thief who schemed with his mother to lie and decieve both his father and his brother, just as the story presents it to us. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Mrsoft3(m): 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interestingly enough, those of you claim to read the Bible by spirit, something Jesus Christ never suggested nor commanded, are very much guilty of adding your own delusions into what is written when it suits you. lipsrsealed

You did exactly that earlier when you conveniently declared Jacob a man of honor when he was instead a thief who schemed with his mother to lie and decieved both his father and his brother. undecided

A man the Bible said was plain and dwell in tent is what sir?
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Dec 11, 2021
Mrsoft3:
A man the Bible said was plain and dwell in tent is what sir?
Huh? undecided

27 The boys grew up. Esau became a skilled hunter, who loved to be out in the fields. But Jacob was a quiet man, who stayed at home.
28 Isaac loved Esau. He liked to eat the animals Esau killed. But Rebekah loved Jacob.

29 One day Esau came back from hunting. He was tired and weak from hunger. Jacob was boiling a pot of beans.
30 So Esau said to Jacob, “I am weak with hunger. Let me have some of that red soup.” (That is why people call him “Red.”[f])

31 But Jacob said, “You must sell me your rights as the firstborn son.”

32 Esau said, “I am almost dead with hunger, so what good are these rights to me now?”

33 But Jacob said, “First, promise me that you will give them to me.” So Esau made an oath to him and sold his rights as the firstborn son to Jacob.
34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil[g] soup. Esau ate the food, had something to drink, and then left. So Esau showed that he did not care about his rights as the firstborn son. - Genesis 25 vs 27 - 34
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Gooddeed999: 4:16am On Dec 11, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Like I said read your Bible by the spirit, don't just take words and submit them the way it appears. Nothing should be added to the word of God and nothing should be subtracted. It was by the inspiration of the holy spirt upon holy men the bi le came to be, it is also by the help of the holy spirit you can gain insight and understanding of how things are.

Mr Soft, read which bible by the spirit?
Before you were formed in the womb, I knew you. You also claim it’s to fulfill a prophesy. Let’s get things straight, if God wanted Esua to serve Jacob, that could have happened without Jacob stealing Esau’s blessing.
Simply put, Esau came to this world with blessings given to him by God, Jacob also came with blessings. Why didn’t God just give Jacob the blessings he needed to be greater than Esua from when he was in the womb? The first doesn’t mean the greatest but in this case, Jacob clearly stole his brothers blessing and you say it’s to fulfill prophecy. So any bad thing now must be related to God, prophecy etc.
it’s prophecy that our leaders will continue to milk the country dry, it’s prophecy that people will use others for rituals or steal from them? Let’s be real. If God didn’t give you then you work for it, not steal it

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:20am On Dec 11, 2021
Gooddeed999:

Mr Soft, read which bible by the spirit?
Before you were formed in the womb, I knew you. You also claim it’s to fulfill a prophesy. Let’s get things straight, if God wanted Esua to serve Jacob, that could have happened without Jacob stealing Esau’s blessing.
Simply put, Esau came to this world with blessings given to him by God, Jacob also came with blessings. Why didn’t God just give Jacob the blessings he needed to be greater than Esua from when he was in the womb? The first doesn’t mean the greatest but in this case, Jacob clearly stole his brothers blessing and you say it’s to fulfill prophecy. So any bad thing now must be related to God, prophecy etc.
it’s prophecy that our leaders will continue to milk the country dry, it’s prophecy that people will use others for rituals or steal from them? Let’s be real. If God didn’t give you then you work for it, not steal it
Exactly. But many won't understand.
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by LordIsaac(m): 6:41am On Dec 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Read your Bible.
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by AntiChristian: 6:43am On Dec 11, 2021
So in summary, Jacob is the an oppressor while Esau is the oppressed?

Rebecca is the schemer behind Jacob!
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 6:43am On Dec 11, 2021
LordIsaac:

Read your Bible.
The story of what happened to Rebekkah is written of in Genesis 25 and I am afraid there is no entry there to validate your claim. undecided
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by LordIsaac(m): 6:53am On Dec 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The story of what happened to Rebekkah is written of in Genesis 25 and I am afraid there is no entry there to validate your claim. undecided
Verses 22-24.
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2021
LordIsaac:

Verses 22-24.
How does what is written in the passage below....
22 While Rebekah was pregnant, the babies inside her struggled with one another. She prayed to the Lord and said, “What is happening to me?”
23 The Lord said to her,
The leaders of two nations are in your body.
Two nations will come from you,
and they will be divided.
One of them will be stronger,
and the older will serve the younger.”

24 When the right time came, Rebekah gave birth to twins.
25 The first baby was red. His skin was like a hairy robe. So he was named Esau.- Genesis 25 vs 22 - 25
...corresponding with your earlier comments.
LordIsaac:
undecided

How could she be said to have been attempting to bring the prophecy God told her to fruition? undecided
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by LordIsaac(m): 7:06am On Dec 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How does what is written in the passage below....
...corresponding with your earlier comments. undecided

How could she be said to have been attempting to bring the prophecy God told her to fruition? undecided
What other explanation do you have for it....
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Ayo081(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Like I said read your Bible by the spirit, don't just take words and submit them the way it appears. Nothing should be added to the word of God and nothing should be subtracted.

I smell contradiction here undecided

Mrsoft3:

It was by the inspiration of the holy spirt upon holy men the bi le came to be, it is also by the help of the holy spirit you can gain insight and understanding of how things are.

Don't you know some scriptures are just plain enough and self explanatory and are written down as warnings for us? undecided

While some are stories, parables, prophecies and fulfillment. undecided

One must be able to distinguish when to go deeper for understanding and when to accept what's plainly written undecided
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 7:33am On Dec 11, 2021
LordIsaac:

What other explanation do you have for it....
let's review this again,shall we? undecided
22 While Rebekah was pregnant, the babies inside her struggled with one another. She prayed to the Lord and said, “What is happening to me?”
23 The Lord said to her,
The leaders of two nations are in your body.
Two nations will come from you,
and they will be divided.
One of them will be stronger,
and the older will serve the younger.”

24 When the right time came, Rebekah gave birth to twins.
25 The first baby was red. His skin was like a hairy robe. So he was named Esau.- Genesis 25 vs 22 - 25
The "prophesy" said the older will serve the younger. However, what Rebekkah did was scheme with Jacob, the younger to dupe his father and steal what belonged to his older brother. How could any of what she did be construed as an attempt to bring the prophecy to fruition? undecided

If you carefully examine the story , you would find that Rebekkah placed great value on Isaac's blessings , it seemed, probably even believed that God's prophesy was in some way linked to Isaac's blessing. But after all was said and done, that belief in Isaac's blessings being at the core of God's prophesy was false and so her scheming for nothing. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by LordIsaac(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
let's review this again,shall we? undecided
The "prophesy" said the older will serve the younger. However, what Rebekkah did was scheme with Jacob, the younger to dupe his father and steal what belonged to his older brother. How could any of what she did be construed as an attempt to bring the prophecy to fruition? undecided

If you carefully examine the story , you would find that Rebekkah placed great value on Isaac's blessings , it seemed, probably even believed that God's prophesy was in some way linked to Isaac's blessing. But after all was said and done, that belief in Isaac's blessings being at the core of God's prophesy was false and so her scheming for nothing. undecided
You know women....she had affection for the "privileged" son before he was born because of what she heard about him. So, I still insist, the prophecy was the precursor to her actions.
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2021
It's about the HERITAGE of God's people!
God promised Abraham that the whole world will be blessed by means of Abraham's seed.
Rebecca knew that such a seed must be one who is faithful to the core, just like any mother Rebecca knew what her sons are capable of doing. Esau doesn't cherish the heritage while Jacob love to keep it.
This became evident when the boys got to puberty age, Esau picked Canaanite girls {Genesis 26:34-35; 27:46; 28:8} while Jacob insisted on marrying a girl from the lineage of God's people. Genesis 28:6

She knew that the heritage may pass on to the sons of another woman just as Abraham's first son never got the blessing but Isaac her husband who happens to be the second,so she protected her own interest as a woman of faith who wants God's promise to be fulfilled in one of her children since she had just two.
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by Kobojunkie: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2021
LordIsaac:

You know women....she had affection for the "privileged" son before he was born because of what she heard about him. So, I still insist, the prophecy was the precursor to her actions.
This isn't anything to do with a gender. Her son, Jacob, was over 40-years of age at the time and could have easily corrected his mother, but he didn't. This was simply a case of a mother and son, a gang, who duped their own loved ones of what basically amounted to not. undecided

Jacob suffered the consequence of the scheme as he spent many years in the wilderness for it. God eventually brought His prophecy to fruition despite the Dishonest dealings of mother and son many years before. undecided
Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by seunsiju(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2021
Bible is a scam....but they say God is omnipotent, so y trying to help God will undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did Rebekah Instructed Jacob To Steal Esau Blessing. by LordReed(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This isn't anything to do with a gender. Her son, Jacob, was over 40-years of age at the time and could have easily corrected his mother, but he didn't. This was simply a case of a mother and son, a gang, who duped their own loved ones of what basically amounted to not. undecided

Jacob suffered the consequence of the scheme as he spent many years in the wilderness for it. God eventually brought His prophecy to fruition despite the Dishonest dealings of mother and son many years before. undecided

So Isaac's prayer was meaningless?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are We The New Chosen People / The Problem With Atheists / God Has Great Plans For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.