Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters (30467 Views)

UK Removes Nigeria, 10 Countries From Red List / COVID-19: UK Expected To Remove Nigeria, 10 Other Countries From Red List / Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by onegig(m): 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2021
SeriouslySense:
grin grin grin grin, they have seen how we cut body parts, and have concluded these people are no better than some animals, and they will rather not do anything with us.

If we were intelligent, and then we were cutting body, then at least we have something redeeming, but, we don't have intelligent people ruling, we now have touts in leadership and psychopaths, whose self-importance is all that matters., with zero substance, thinking they know it all, so everything will fly, after all its a jungle.

How else do they perceive us, intelligence now is zero, leadership zero, the direction is zero, anyone could literally do anything they wish, and it will be of no consequences since they see the crimes going on.

Facts actually differ to what you state.

If anything you are the one who sounds moronic.

Nigerians are the 5th largest nationality providing manpower to the UK's NHS. Let the country close its borders for such flights and see how extremely hard the UK would be hit. Just Truck drivers shortage is what they had recently that they went into a frenzy. Wait till they have a significant number of their manpower sources dry off in the middle of a pandemic. Over 10k Nigerians work in the NHS. (Image 1)

In 2019 to 2020 academic session the UK lost about 29% of students from Nigeria to other countries. Here's a think tank strategizing on how the UK can win back those students and increase enrollment from Nigeria.

https://monitor.icef.com/2021/09/measuring-the-economic-impact-of-foreign-students-in-the-uk-and-the-countrys-competitive-position-in-international-recruitment/

Don't let me even talk about the number of Nigerians currently filling positions in many skills that are in shortage in the UK even to the point that they are offering Nigerians with such skilla full sponsorship and £4000 pounds if anyone they recommends emigrates to the UK and spends 3 months with the companies.

If you know nothing. STFU.

Why do you think they introduced Post study work permits recently asides Brexit?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
It will oh oh oh not got the balls... cheesy cheesy cheesy...

What a Country... toothless bulldog..

Shei...mummy consulate of USA.. said they are waiting for the lekki toll gate ish!!..

Abi una still dey fabricate more lies... U.S. will sign ur guys soon.... Silly government of d day..

Una never see anything... out of all the countries for west north and east only Nigeria..

Yeye things.... !!
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by SeriouslySense(m): 11:43pm On Dec 11, 2021
How can truck driving be that relevant?

It's such an unskilled position, who is desperate for trick drivers, so there are no people in Britain that can fill in the gap, and for the health whatever, i think we are overrating ourselves to be honest, its the only thing i keep hearing, let's look at the stats

okay back looked at the stats, and so, what does 10, 000, health workers change for the UK, they got the tech, they got the infrastruture, they have got it all, so what would 10,000 health workers.

We are just overrating everything, no impact, only begging.

It's time we wake up and stop being petty, silly, and childish. I cannot praise mediocrity.

Nice stats. grin grin grin grin

onegig:

Facts actually differ to what you state.

If anything you are the one who sounds moronic.

Nigerians are the 5th largest nationality providing manpower to the UK's NHS. Let the country close its borders for such flights and see how extremely hard the UK would be hit. Just Truck drivers shortage is what they had that the country was in a frenzy. Wait till you have a significant number of your manpower sources dry off in the middle of a pandemic.

Over 10k Nigerians work in the NHS. (Image 1)

In 2019 to 2020 academic session the UK lost about 29% of students from Nigeria to other countries. Here's a think tank strategizing on how the UK can win back those students and increase enrollment from Nigeria.

https://monitor.icef.com/2021/09/measuring-the-economic-impact-of-foreign-students-in-the-uk-and-the-countrys-competitive-position-in-international-recruitment/

If you know nothing. STFU.

Why do you think they introduced Post study work permits recently asides Brexit?
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Sterope(f): 11:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
The ban is targeted at students coming in for January programme and it is very cruel thing to do.
onegig:

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by onegig(m): 11:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
SeriouslySense:
How can truck driving be that relevant?

It's such an unskilled position, who is desperate for trick drivers, so there are no people in Britain that can fill in the gap, and for the health whatever, i think we are overrating ourselves to be honest, its the only thing i keep hearing, let's look at the stats

okay back looked at the stats, and so, what does 10, 000, health workers change for the UK, they got the tech, they got the infrastruture, they have got it all, so what would 10,000 health workers.

We are just overrating everything, no impact, only begging.

It's time we wake up and stop being petty, silly, and childish. ya.

I don't need to tell you anything.

Truck drivers not relevant? Key aspect of your suplly chain process not Relevant? Goods would just disappear from manufacturers to the citizens households?

Off the top of my hand , i can count nothing less than 14 nurses and health workers that i personally know who left for the UK. Let alone over 100 colleagues who have left Nigeria in the last one year to fill roles that are hard to fill by the UK. That should tell you what it actually means.

Also If the UK Deputy High Commissioner is putting out communications and articles to try clarify that it was for "scientific reasons" just to "douse the tension" and remove the need for such retaliatory acts by Nigeria. That should tell you all you need to know about who would feel the needless ban and counter ban more.

Also maybe you tell the UK to stop being childish as banning flights from select countries if you allow others in isn't a good way of actually stopping the variant spreading as we have known. Only effective way is you ban all countries.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Nchenches: 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2021
basty:
What can Nigeria offer the world under BUBARI?

Not even dairys from cows that Buhari has been placing on higher values than humans, all because he wants his Fulani ethnic minority group to occupy lands in the south and Middle belt of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by onegig(m): 12:06am On Dec 12, 2021
Sterope:
The ban is targeted at students coming in for January programme and it is very cruel thing to do.

I honestly have not read much into and wouldn't want to speculate but if that was one of their reasons then they just took 1 step forward and 5 step back. US and Canada would grab such opportunities. Intl students asides the cultural diversity and intellect they bring in are one critical area any country would want to attract by all means. I don't think the Uk is stupid enough to go that route.

For instance, all Intl students contributed $22 billion in 2019 to Canada's economy and helped sustain over 170,000 jobs. That's not a small number and a sizeable chunk of those are definitely Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by SeriouslySense(m): 12:06am On Dec 12, 2021
okay, if you say so, you are making some sense at least, I will admit, what is true, but, the UK has substitutes, they indirectly influecne other countries too, and can easily outsource, if they feel the need to or urgency, so it's not like we are so valuable, as to not irreplaceable.

What the UK is doing is giving us, what we want, and that is the reply on the surface that we need, they know us more than we know ourselves. smiley smiley

The coming emergence of robots will also make many once impactful Jobs, obsolete.

onegig:

I don't need to tell you anything.

Truck drivers not relevant? Key aspect of your suplly chain process not Relevant? Goods would just disappear from manufacturers to the citizens households?

Off the top of my hand , i can count nothing less than 14 nurses and health workers that i personally know who left for the UK. Let alone over a 100 colleagues who have left Nigeria in the last one year to fill roles that are hard to fill by the UK. That should tell you what it actually means.

Also If the Deputy High Commissioner is putting out communications and articles to try clarify that it was for "scientific reasons" just to douse the tension and remove the need for retaliation by Nigeria. That should tell you all you need to know about who would feel the needless ban and counter ban more.

Also maybe you tell the UK to stop being childish as banning flights from select countries if you allow others in isn't a good way of actually stopping the variant spreading as we have known. Except you ban all countries.
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by onegig(m): 12:13am On Dec 12, 2021
SeriouslySense:
okay, if you say so, you are making some sense at least, I will admit, what is true, but, the UK has substitutes, they indirectly influecne other countries too, and can easily outsource, if they feel the need to or urgency, so it's not like we are so valuable, as to not irreplaceable.

What the UK is doing is giving us, what we want, and that is the reply on the surface that we need, they know us more than we know ourselves. smiley smiley

The coming emergence of robots will also make many once impactful Jobs, obsolete.

They don't have substitutes . Go and look at their birth rates(which is extremely low) and average working population(they have an ageing working population) . They need immigrants more to be able to to sustain their economy.

Robots and automation yeah... But that's more like 20 to 30 years from now and even as at then. You would need someone programming those AI?
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Sterope(f): 12:15am On Dec 12, 2021
I was talking about the UK. England wasn't using mask until this week. People are still travelling round Europe and going back to work without needing to quarantine.

onegig:

I honestly have not read much into and wouldn't want to speculate but if that was one of their reasons then they just took 1 step forward and 5 step back. US and Canada would grab such opportunities. Intl students asides the cultural diversity and intellect they bring in are one critical area any country would want to attract by all means. I don't think the Uk is stupid enough to go that route.

For instance, all Intl students contributed $22 billion in 2019 to Canada's economy and helped sustain over 170,000 jobs. That's not a small number and a sizeable chunk of those are definitely Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Vision101(m): 12:18am On Dec 12, 2021
@Agugbadin
Sound so funny, this countries don't need Nigeria, they can do without us but we can't do without them.

@me
Some of us talk like kids. Do you how much the UK earn from Nigeria through education? Do your research.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by SeriouslySense(m): 12:21am On Dec 12, 2021
when people say IT is over-saturated in Nigeria, they tend to underestimate IT, IT is vast and keeps growing, and if we were future-oriented, people will not be saying so.

And i notice, we like hiding good information, so we can sell it. Forgetting it is vast and not for one person to keep.

So you are right Sir, and that is a valuable observation.

Now, it seems you have won the argument, I don't like to argue, I will channel my arguments to my creativity.

onegig:

They don't have substitutes . Go and look at their birth rates(which is extremely low) and average working population(they have an ageing working population) . They need immigrants more to be able to to sustain their economy.

Robots and automation yeah... But that's more like 20 to 30 years from now and even as at then. You would need someone programming those AI?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Vision101(m): 12:27am On Dec 12, 2021
@CSTRR
Do you know how many billions UK schools get from Nigeria?

Every where I turn, there is one agent or the other in my mail, sent by UK schools to advertise their schools in Nigeria.

I am not even talking about tourism yet.

@me
Don't mind these ignorant boys. They think that there are awards for who insults and belittles Nigeria most. For ages the UK has always earned so much from Nigeria through education. Even when the Nigerian economy was good a lot of Nigerians go for UK education.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by MeghaneMorgane(f): 12:27am On Dec 12, 2021
Good development
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by onegig(m): 12:30am On Dec 12, 2021
SeriouslySense:
when people say IT is over-saturated in Nigeria, they tend to underestimate IT, IT is vast and keeps growing, and if we were future-oriented, people will not be saying so.

So you are right Sir, and that is a valuable observation.

Now, it seems you have won the argument, I don't like to argue, I will channel my arguments to my creativity.

Lol. We don't debate to win arguments.

Is there a cash prize at the end?

The country with the most skillful, young and dynamic population would be the one to win the current economic race. And Nigeria is actually doing extremely badly in such areas. I have seen people looking for Laravel developers with take home of N1M or more per month but couldn't find the right candidates. The ones with the skills have been lured by these same UK. cheesy And that's the theme in almost all IT, health and even lots of non IT jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by SeriouslySense(m): 12:34am On Dec 12, 2021
Omg, i have so much to learn, anyway, step by step, we will get there. Self-development is the key.

onegig:

Lol. We don't debate to win arguments.

Is there a cash prize at the end?

The country with the most skillful, young and dynamic population would be the one to win the current economic race. And Nigeria is actually doing extremely badly in such areas. I have seen people looking for Laravel developers with take home of N1M or more per month but couldn't find the right candidates. The ones with the skills have been lured by these same UK. cheesy And that's the theme in almost all IT, health and even lots of non IT jobs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by enonche85(m): 12:36am On Dec 12, 2021
jaxxy:
I don’t think u should ban countries that ban u bt countries that are high risk.

Does this simply mean if a country that is high risk doesn’t ban us we won’t ban them? grin

That's because those countries have no reason to ban us, what happened to having two -ve COVID test results, one for two weeks before arrival and one the day of your arrival.
How can you tell me not to come to your house to fetch water but want to be coming to fetch water from my house?., it's not fair nau.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by enonche85(m): 12:38am On Dec 12, 2021
Ajibade123:
why don't they just ban them immediately instead of waiting 2 to 3 days
I hope we have the balls sha o

It's the right thing to do to allow those with emergencies the 2-3 days to travel.
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by enonche85(m): 12:40am On Dec 12, 2021
Nchenches:
Retaliatory and reactionary. Is it worth it?

Nigeria's present political leaders don't seem to understand yet that Nigeria is down, and no more the much-vaunted giant of Africa.

You're down does not mean you should stop fighting.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Yankee101: 12:56am On Dec 12, 2021
Ab initio, this was the course of action needed
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by bezimo(m): 1:10am On Dec 12, 2021
starbuck:
A case of DO ME I DO YOU and 1ST TO DO NO DEY PAIN

Second to do.Eye dey red

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by bezimo(m): 1:12am On Dec 12, 2021
starbuck:
A case of DO ME I DO YOU and 1ST TO DO NO DEY PAIN

Second to do.Eye dey red

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Benrosaria(m): 1:16am On Dec 12, 2021
lalasticlala:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/11/exclusive-nigerian-government-place-uk-canada-saudi-arabia-covid-19-red-list-stop

Lololololololol... Na them give you disease, you dey ban them lolololololollolololololol... one day I will laugh and die, cause I am still living inside Nigeria, then what if I am outside Nigeria

I will die by happiness...❤️
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Savie(m): 1:16am On Dec 12, 2021
They only react when it affect them, not when it only affect the common man.
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Coldie(m): 1:45am On Dec 12, 2021
I support this move, how would uk be charging over #1.7million to quarantine its better nobody goes there at once by stopping there airlines from making it happen
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Abujason: 2:18am On Dec 12, 2021
Jesusdiedhaha:
Nigeria dey place Canada and UK for red list.

grin grin grin

Isn’t that so funny.

Who go feel am pass?

People wey no dey come ya place Abi na you wey dey wan japa go London and Dubai all the time?

Make we siddon see watch.
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by GreatrAnalyst: 2:22am On Dec 12, 2021
jaxxy:
I don’t think u should ban countries that ban u bt countries that are high risk.

Does this simply mean if a country that is high risk doesn’t ban us we won’t ban them? grin

You can imagine that foolhardiness.
President Buhari is vengeful
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by BigBashiru: 3:07am On Dec 12, 2021
Ahmed0336:
Good..

Time to show these countries we have balls.

Ask your self what UK has that makes it wealthy? Answer: nothing. It is a poor country that relies on stealing from other countries... they came to meddle in anambra elections too!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by BigBashiru: 3:08am On Dec 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
I actually support this.

Those whites always feel only they matter. They want to force their evil vaccine on Africans and Nigeria seems ripe for them.

Ban them too. Nobody has the monopoly of madness.

I support it too!
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by BigBashiru: 3:14am On Dec 12, 2021
Toks2008:

Ofcourse.

This is not about retaliation. There are more outbreaks in these countries than Nigeria so it is only logical.

Just that a third world country no get mouth where first world countries dey else nah naija suppose ban flights first

Why are you calling yourself third world? Pls stop it immediately. The BBC used to use that term a lot but you can no longer see it on their website...and theres nothing like "first world". you hv been colonially brainwashed who is teaching you all these things?
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by BigBashiru: 3:15am On Dec 12, 2021
Onyii2222:
Banning people that would send you covid 19 vaccine, as if Nigeria can produce any.

We are working with china to produce....
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Toks2008(m): 3:17am On Dec 12, 2021
BigBashiru:

Why are you calling yourself third world? Pls stop it immediately. The BBC used to use that term a lot but you can no longer see it on their website...and theres nothing like "first world". you hv been colonially brainwashed who is teaching you all these things?

Dey deceive yourself.

You are even lucky that they call us third world and not fifth world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / Any Nigerian In Georgia? / Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.