Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,746 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers (5966 Views)

Lady Sleeps With Her Ex-Boyfriend's Father, Mocks Her Ex (Video) / Lady Embarrassed As Boyfriend Kneels Down To Propose To Her At The Market / Lady Drinks Sniper As Boyfriend Dumps Her After 4 Years Of Dating (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by LordIsaac(m): 7:45am On Dec 12, 2021
Favfables1:

Bros calm down first eh...
This is not a matter of her being a prostit.ute ((ignore that fellow up there)), this is about respect...

Let's look at it from the father's perspective...
You're coming to my house and there's a rule in my house that women shouldn't wear trouser and you were informed, buh the fact that you still came to my house with trouser as a woman, despite knowing my rules is a blatant disrespect to me, and thus it's unacceptable...

And if in your opinion, a man making such rules in his own home makes him ignorant, then you're truly very naive ((no offense))...
It's his house and it's his rules...
If you can't abide to it, then don't go there!! Stay in your own house!!

When you're going for a job interview, why don't you wear jeans and polo, why do you wear cooperate?? Why don't you tell them "take me as I am"?? Don't you abide by the rules and wear cooperate? then when you get the job, you wear your polo on Thursdays and Fridays, no one will trouble you by then...

The best thing for her to have done is to just comply with the rules of the house, when she eventually gets married and move to her own house, she can then wear her trouser...
Them no born that man well make him come set that rule for her marital home...

And just so you know...
That is not hypocrisy, it's wisdom!!!
When you're in Rome, act like a Roman, cause it is foolishness to do otherwise...
Besides your piece of wisdom here, she's a woman! Women, in Africa, are expected to be submissive. She couldn't give up her will for her husband to be for the moment and extended such to his father....she wasn't truly ready for marriage!

5 Likes

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by talk2hb1(m): 7:46am On Dec 12, 2021
It's better they rejected her for who she is, than accept her for who she is.
If she can't respect the boyfriend father for who he is, then it's good they reject her for who she is.
Àwọn ọmọ Abikọ́, tí Akọgba n'da láàmú (Manerless Child)
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2021
Favfables1:

Bros calm down first eh...
This is not a matter of her being a prostit.ute ((ignore that fellow up there)), this is about respect...

Let's look at it from the father's perspective...
You're coming to my house and there's a rule in my house that women shouldn't wear trouser and you were informed, buh the fact that you still came to my house with trouser as a woman, despite knowing my rules is a blatant disrespect to me, and thus it's unacceptable...

And if in your opinion, a man making such rules in his own home makes him ignorant, then you're truly very naive ((no offense))...
It's his house and it's his rules...
If you can't abide to it, then don't go there!! Stay in your own house!!

When you're going for a job interview, why don't you wear jeans and polo, why do you wear cooperate?? Why don't you tell them "take me as I am"?? Don't you abide by the rules and wear cooperate? then when you get the job, you wear your polo on Thursdays and Fridays, no one will trouble you by then...

The best thing for her to have done is to just comply with the rules of the house, when she eventually gets married and move to her own house, she can then wear her trouser...
Them no born that man well make him come set that rule for her marital home...

And just so you know...
That is not hypocrisy, it's wisdom!!!
When you're in Rome, act like a Roman, cause it is foolishness to do otherwise...
I understand you sir..it just kinda funny tho.. seriously you made a great point man..if that's what the man want so be it..
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by general111(m): 8:52am On Dec 12, 2021
talk2hb1:
It's better they rejected her for who she is, than accept her for who she is.
If she can't respect the boyfriend father for who he is, then it's good they reject her for who she is.
Àwọn ọmọ Abikọ́, tí Akọgba n'da láàmú (Manerless Child)
hahahaha...funby but true
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by benqo01(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

Why should you be comparing ladies wearing of trousers to tinting of hair by guys?

Is it a crime or a sin for women to wear trousers?

Its never a sin,its just once na
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
You never see winch or Jezebel wey dey wear skirt? Abeg!
These people should stop judging holiness or ones character by ones dressing.

Someone like me that most of my wears are trousers, I'll just say goodbye to him and his dad.

Even when pastor wanted to marry me and all the mummies were like, "that sister that wears trousers.. bla bla bla.. bro say, na me him spirit follow. Even as we were courting, I dey rock my trousers back to back. Pastor no complain. Na only choir skirt I get.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
tongue
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:
The said lady should rather be happy for not going into a bondage religious family

What bondage, are the couples going to live with the father after marriage?

Wisdom and sense is rare commodity nowadays

1 Like

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by jawalis(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Fiscus105:

Father in-law "to be" passed her boundary. Though he might make known his reservation concerning wearing of trouser but not to outrightly rejected the Union.

People are supposed to know their boundaries, authority father in law has over son wife is minimal.
What are you talking about. They are not married yet so the father has every right to reject a prospective in-law so far she’s not married to his son. And listen good. Been real and all these take me for who I am doesn’t mean you can’t be rejected. So let her fix her life.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

What bondage, are the couples going to live with the father after marriage?

A father in law that can reject a lady for wearing trouser would be more than monitoring spirits in the affairs of their family, cos the guy himself can't stand his ground in the family
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by jawalis(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
My darling wumi2017. You aren’t visiting my mom with trouser too. She detest it so much as well cos she’s too religious. She’s even an usher in her church when I visited. Are you agreeing with that ?
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

A father in law that can reject a lady for wearing trouser would be more than monitoring spirits in the affie if their family, cos the guy himself can't stand his ground in the family

This is a 1 day event.

A smart woman will obey it and continue her life afterward.

Sometimes lets have sense.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

A father in law that can reject a lady for wearing trouser would be more than monitoring spirits in the affie if their family, cos the guy himself can't stand his ground in the family

This is a 1 day event.

Sometimes lets have sense instead of wokeness
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by jawalis(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

A father in law that can reject a lady for wearing trouser would be more than monitoring spirits in the affairs of their family, cos the guy himself can't stand his ground in the family
Stop it already. Having your ground doesn’t make you a monitoring spirit. The son knows her father likes and dislikes so he obeyed. That doesn’t mean the father will follow him back to his residence and just so you know. Marriage is not just about you and your spouse. The earlier you understand it the better for you.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is a 1 day event.

Sometimes lets have sense.

Like I said, the lady should be happy cos to start with, that guy is not capable/matured enough to get married.

He knew his dad would frown on the lady wearing trouser cos they are religious. He shouldn't have allowed the lady to wear the trouser to start with. A real guy/man supposed to know how to pass important message .

1 Like

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
jawalis:

Stop it already. Having your ground doesn’t make you a monitoring spirit. The son knows her father likes and dislikes so he obeyed. That doesn’t mean the father will follow him back to his residence and just so you know. Marriage is not just about you and your spouse. The earlier you understand it the better for you.

The guy also don't have a stand in the relationship. He knew his dad won't be happy with the trouser, he should have stand his ground with his girlfriend to change the trouser.

There are some things you don't gamble about. Is lady wearing a trouser a sin?
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

Like I said, the lady should be happy cos to start with, that guy is not capable/matured enough to get married.

He knew his dad would frown on the lady wearing trouser cos they are religious. He shouldn't have allowed the lady to wear the trouser to start with. A real guy/man supposed to know how to pass important message .

Really, you and i know that in Nigeria, marriage is not only about the couples but also about the family.

So you want a family problem when they haven't even started the marriage.

Like i said earlier, it is better to have sense than wokeness
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by jawalis(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

The guy also don't have a stand in the relationship. He knew his dad won't be happy with the trouser, he should have stand his ground with his girlfriend to change the trouser.

There are some things you don't gamble about. Is lady wearing a trouser a sin?
Should he have slapped her after he told her bluntly that his father won’t welcome such? He did the right thing. He warned her but she wants to try her luck so she should bear the consecration

1 Like

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Really, you and i know that in Nigeria, marriage is not only about the couples but also about the family.

So you want a family problem when they haven't even started the marriage.

Like i said earlier, it is better to have sense than wokeness

I don't understand the basis of your argument. The question we should be asking is are religious people intolerant?

The lady wearing a trouser, is that a sin? If you are lawyer lady, religious or not, won't you wear trousers?

I really don't know why people discriminate others because of their appearance. So footballers having tattoos automatically make them a bad guy?
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
jawalis:

Should he have slapped her after he told her bluntly that his father won’t welcome such? He did the right thing. He warned her but she wants to try her luck so she should bear the consecration

He told her bluntly but the lady refused. Please is such a guy capable enough to get married. Ordinary communication with his so girl friend, he can't do

1 Like

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

I don't understand the basis of your argument. The question we should be asking is are religious people intolerant?

The lady wearing a trouser, is that a sin? If you are lawyer lady, religious or not, won't you wear trousers?

I really don't know why people discriminate others because of their appearance. So footballers having tattoos automatically make them a bad guy?

How is it about religious intolerance. There was no mention of the girl religion.

The issue here is about the father not wanting his future daughter inlaw to be on trouser when she comes to visit him.

I guess if she was going to a place where there was a dress code and money involved, she will obey willingly and not talk about being discriminated.

The father expect a certain type of dress code, obey it and lets peace reign, simple as abc.

1 Like

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

He told her bluntly but the lady refused. Please is such a guy capable enough to get married. Ordinary communication with his so girl friend, he can't do

Yes...does he have to put a loudspeaker up for her to understand a simple message, Don't wear trouser to my father's place.

What type of communication do you expect from him again
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How is it about religious intolerance. There was no mention of the girl religion.

The issue here is about the father not wanting his future daughter inlaw to be on trouser when she comes to visit him.

I guess if she was going to a place where there was a dress code and money involved, she will obey willingly and not talk about being discriminated.

The father expect a certain type of dress code, obey it and lets peace reign, simple as abc.

Is @ emboldened not religious intolerance? Is wearing a trouser a sin?
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yes...does he have to put a loudspeaker up for her to understand a simple message, Don't wear trouser to my father's place.

What type of communication do you expect from him again

Like I said , the guy himself is not matured enough to get married if he can't explain the reason why the lady can't wear trouser to his dad's house having being aware of the possible consequences.

He could have even postponed the meeting should the lady insisted and find a way to persuade her in wearing something not trousers.

Light dey bend sometimes if there is strong gravity
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

Is @ emboldened not religious intolerance? Is wearing a trouser a sin?

How is that religious intolerance?

The man didn't say, he doesn't want her because she is of another religion, the man wanted a certain dress code and here you are claming religious intolerance.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How is that religious intolerance?

The man didn't say, he doesn't want her because she is of another religion, the man wanted a certain dress code and here you claming religious intolerance.

Automatically, she would be rejected if she is from another religion now. An in-law that can't tolerate ordinary lady wearing of trousers.

In this age, you can't, live in some cities without wearing trousers, you just can't. What if she now has tattoo, she could be shot cheesy grin

So what's the policy of not wearing trouser? Perhaps, the lady was being real. Simply intolerance.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by anochuko01(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
Justkatty:
Next time she should tie buba and gele

Never knew father-in-law are of different types thought maybe just the mother inlaw.

But the guy no try, you would have atleast stand by your intending wife to be.
Beside you owe no one any explanation on how you want your woman to be so far she dresses decently.

There's no point here.
It simply tells the story of a stubborn and an unteachable lady. Don't drag the guy into the girls foolishness.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
Adesamogun:
The boy knows you wear trouser and likes you. But he told you not to wear it cos he knows his father and have warned you already. To follow an instruction just for a day become wahala and you wan marry. Trouser that you will be wearing freely once you are married and they will accept you for it overtime. You need to cast and bind the spirit following you from your village ooo. Cos that spirit really no like you atall

Well summarized...

Just for one day. Her sense no reach...
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by helinues: 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
anochuko01:

There's no point here.
It simply tells the story of a stubborn and an unteachable lady. Don't drag the guy into the girls foolishness.

The guy should be majorly held responsible tbh. So he can not talk to his girl and explain the reason why she can't wear the trouser having being aware of the kind of father he has.

Of what different would it even make if she did not wear the trouser and wear something else?
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Palazee(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bītches claiming victim in everything

Simple Don't wear trouser

Anyways some SIMPs above me are already arguing on her behalf

Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Badsod(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
Something that could have been prevented from happening.
Re: Lady In Tears As Boyfriend’s Father Rejected Their Union For Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
helinues:

Automatically, she would be rejected if she is from another religion now. An in-law that can't tolerate ordinary lady wearing of trousers.

In this age, you can't, live in some cities without wearing trousers, you just can't. What if she now has tattoo, she could be shot cheesy grin

So what's the policy of not wearing trouser? Perhaps, the lady was being real. Simply intolerance.

She wasn't rejected because she was from another church or religion rather the father was angry because she wore trousers to his house.

You are busy saying intolerance.

Aren't you and the girl intolerant of the father's dress code. Why can't you tolerate his dress code? Since you keep shouting about intolerance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Love With A Married Man / Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' / He's Acting Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.