Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] (2654 Views)

#my Goal Was To Save My Sister's Marriage But Things Have Gone Bad.# / Would You Sleep With Her If You See This? [pic] / Wish All Women Could Have Ass Like This! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC]

Our emotions are not meant to be toyed with. If you don't start protecting your heart early, there is a high chance you'll have high BP at age 30, 40, or 50 max and you'll die early.

Emotional abuse kills and triggers different illnesses, so find a way to protect your heart with your actions or mental defensive mechanisms. Your thoughts are realities to your subconscious mind. Use your mind to protect your heart.

So, my question is: What are the things you've put in place to protect yourself and your heart from being emotionally drained, burnt, and worn-out?

For me, I did this:

1. Love
2. Money
3. Health
4. Death
5. Hate

Bonus:

6. Space (Availability)

Typing...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
1. Love can drain your emotions especially when the one you love the most hurts you. What I do to protect myself from being hurt is by never loving anyone — I only like people, I don't love people. Love yourself.

This is to say: I care about them, but not up to 60%. So, when they hurt me, I'll be like: Whatever! As if I care that much — I was only trying to be kind. Then, I move on without looking back until they realize their mistakes.

Typing...

7 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
2. Money can drain your emotions if you lack it or if you have it, but people are always bringing their financial problems for you to solve because you have money. At a point, the money won't be enough, but you're carrying lots of people's financial problems on your shoulder.

What I do to protect myself from this baggage is by not doing a 9-5 job to avoid being seen as a working class on suit, but working from home without them knowing what I do at home.

Since I work from home and with my computer, they think I'm broke and jobless and when they notice I have money, they suspect it's fraud or ritual, so they become scared and stay away from me to avoid being used for ritual.

Also, I don't flaunt money or possessions in real life — I stay on low key and invest my money for me, myself, and my family.

Whatever is left, I give to charity without being asked. I hate being asked. This way, I have protected myself and my emotions from being financially drained by opportunists.

One more thing, being financially drained could also be by not having money at all. This leads to depression and this is why I don't just work hard, but smart too when others are sleeping. I don't want to ever be broke, so I need to put in the work whether I like it or not when others are having fun or sleeping.

Typing...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
3. Health is wealth. When some people's health suck, they begin to think negative thoughts that their world may come to an end soon and they become depressed and emotionally drained.

What I do to protect myself even before a health issue arises is: exercise, eat healthily, see my doctor a couple of times a year, meditate, think good thoughts, stay away from negative people/don't take their words to heart (they are all over the Internet), and don't sleep around raw to avoid deadly infections.

With this early attention to your health, when you manage to fall sick, you'll be optimistic that you'll bounce back soon. Unfortunately, most people neglect their health and focus only on money-making, fun, and sex.

Typing...

2 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
4. Death of somone you know or care about hurts and it's emotionally damaging. What I do to protect myself is to let myself know that this world is not our home and whoever is gone has peace of mind more than us that are living and going through all the atrocities that are being committed by ritualists, terrorists, satanists, cultists, wicked government officials, etc.

I let myself know that they're in a better place — somewhere more peaceful and beautiful than planet Earth and we all can't wait to visit them in some years ahead. So, I see them as lucky, not unfortunate.

With this mental manipulations, the pains I initially felt when I heard the news begins to evaporate and I get my mental health back again in few hours.

Death is one of the reasons you shouldn't love people too much — like them, but mind how you love (if you wish to love) — it hurts.

I prefer to only like and appreciate than to love because when death takes them away, it may seem your world has ended. Luckily, telling yourself they're in a better place will lessen the pains.

Typing...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
5. Hate (hatred) can be demoralizing. What I do to protect myself from being demoralized by hatred or haters is to remind myself that even as good and great as Jesus or Messi, they still have more haters than me, so who am I not to he hated?

Also, I let myself know that you can only be hated when you're worth something. No one cares about a worthless man, so when you're being hated, you're worth something and you should appreciate these haters for indirectly reminding you you're worth something.

Attention = money and it's precious and expensive. For people to leave important things they would've done with their time and attention to troll, attack, and abuse you, it means you're more important to them than those things they would've been doing.

For this, count yourself lucky you have haters — they are only letting you know how important you are even though they express it with negativity. If you weren't important or worth it, they wouldn't have even bothered in giving you their precious attention.

Do you know how many people who are being neglected and not given attention around the world? These neglected people are feeling depressed because they lack attention and they feel no one cares about them.

Do you want to be one of these people no one, apart from a few family members, cares about? No.

So, be glad haters are giving you their precious attention. Treat your haters as your biggest fans, not as haters. If you're giving out things to your fans, include the haters — they're the ones that'll always make you trend and when you trend, you gain popularity.

When you gain popularity and as a wise businessman or woman, you get more clients/fans, and make more money. Simple. So, cherish your haters. They're an asset, not a liability.

If you do this, you won't commit suicide like Kristina (see below) and you'll be emotionally free and relaxed even when your inbox or comment section is filled with negative and hurtful words.

Did Tiwa Savage or Kim Kardashian commit suicide with all the negativities they got? No.

Typing...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
6. Availability — being too available is emotionally draining. Learn to give yourself some space from the rest of the world, TV, computer, phones, humans, etc. just to stay in a calm place as you enjoy silence in a lonely environment with your pen and paper only. This will boost your immune system and make you emotionally stronger.

Typing...

8 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
Now, it's your turn. What are the things or principles you've put in place to protect yourself from being emotionally damaged or drained by your environment or people around?

Failure to protect yourself, you'll be burnt. Protecting yourself doesn't mean you won't be burnt, but it won't be as severe as someone who didn't put any effort in the first place.

So, share yours.

2 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Ryda(m): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Money
More money
Health
Love
Living a productive life
Death
Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Lifewasgood: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
I have trained my bad mouth since primary school. I don't there's anything in this world that one we say to me to make sad rather I go finish the person.
Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
Alot to ponder about Mr legend. Its good you'll have a good grasp of "how to live" which is actually a thing, because most people actually don't know how to live, they just exist, not live.

6 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by superintendents(m): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin
Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
About hate.

I actually feel sorry for my haters. You'll have to be really daft to waste your energy and time hating someone. A better response would be indifference, it's more effective and less burdening on an individual. The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference. If anyone hates me, then that's the proof i need to know that such person is a looser, and I'm doing fine.

6 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
About health.

A glitch in human nature is that we dont appreciate what we have until we lost it. Same goes with health, youthfulness, time, a good friend/lover etc. If one is rich and unhealthy, he is actually poor. Your number one treasure in life is health, not material wealth. There are lots of jobs I'll never do, because I know I'll be trading my health for it. Same goes with foods too.

If you're not eating healthy, exercising daily, drinking life into your system (water) and cutting off junks like smoking, drugs, drinking, you're unhealthy and may soon pay for it dearly. If there is a time machine that will catapult all of us back to two hundred years ago, I can say that up to 50% percent of people would just die, because the only thing keeping them alive is the ubiquity of technology, not their health.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
About death.

Since last year, I took interest in the philosophy of death, because I actually I fear it, but now I don't fear it anymore, its all about perspective. For lots of people, life is only interesting when they are sleeping, and when they are eating. Anything apart from that is misery. The Buddist recognised this from the onset that life is suffering. What's the point of this unnecessary suffering? And yes, money can not save you from the inherent suffering of life.

Death smiles at all of us, and all we can do is smile back. Death often mourn, is actually the best thing that will happen to lots of people. An introduction to death is when you sleep, you just don't know anything for about 8 hours, and it's the most peaceful place you'll ever be. And also ask yourself, are you afraid of dying or not just being around?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
About money.

For me, money is a tool. It's a servant, and not, and should not be the goal. If you have money and obese, you are broke and unhealthy. Have money and your wife and kids suffer, you're broke and stupid. Have money and addicted to all kinds of things, you're broke and lack self control. Have money but won't fly because road is cheaper, you're broke and don't know the value of time. You see where I'm going?

Money is the tool that solves your life problem, hence the saying that health is wealth. And by health, it should be understood in a general terms, such as body health, psychological health, time health (yes its a thing), peace of mind, and being hopeful. That is wealth, not just the body.

About helping people you should do it, but refuse to be exploited. Humans by nature especially Nigerians mistake your kindness as an evidence that you're a mugu, and invent ways to exploit you maximum. Don't allow yourself to be that guy. Also, use your money to put yourself in a better neighbourhood, with people in your class, so you won't have to deal with hate from the weak.

13 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
About love.

Hmmm, this is a deep one. I'll just reserve my comment. Later jare grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
6. Purpose.

This is not talked about often, but how can you live life well without having a purpose? The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." – Mark Twain. A life without a purpose is a wasted life, and such person don't even deserve that life.

Having a purpose in your life is the single, most potent antidote to the natural suffering of life, because life is hard, and the defense against it is purpose. That no matter what happens to you, the challenges you face, you know there is something greater, and your challenges are just like the noise of a barking dog, or turbulence to an aircraft, the destination is more important.

When you have a goal, everyday becomes interesting, you'll shine and the world will literally opens itself up to you. When you pursue something worthy, everyone will respect you, you'll respect yourself and won't fear what the future holds. You'll be unstoppable, and of course, powerful.

9 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Damseywizzy: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
About hatred
To be candid, my perspective about hatred is somehow similar to what you've just said, I see hatred as a waste of time and stupidity. Why would I hate someone that my existence means nothing to, why would I hate someone that my being alive means nothing to, why would I hate someone that doesn't know that I'm in existence. So is either i like u or you're neutral, is either I'm your fan or I'm neutral.

3 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
Lifewasgood:
I have trained my bad mouth since primary school. I don't there's anything in this world that one we say to me to make sad rather I go finish the person.

There is a stage you'll get, you won't like to roll in the dirt with every pig that attacks. Trust me. You'll have something bad to reply, but you won't have the strength to type it because it doesn't matter anymore.

2 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
pansophist:
6. Purpose.

Read all your points and they made so much sense. I love them.

6 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
pansophist:
About love.

Hmmm, this is a deep one. I'll just reserve my comment. Later jare grin

Yes, don't say it. That female Nairalander who has a crush on you will have her emotions crushed if you reveal you don't love from the depth of your heart. Save a soul by not revealing it. grin I heard women like lies at times.

3 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
iLegendd:

There is a stage you'll get, you won't like to roll in the dirt with every pig that attacks. Trust me. You'll have something bad to reply, but you won't have the strength to type it because it doesn't matter anymore.

This is true, but what the guy you quoted is saying is valid as well.

See eh, there are people that would exploit your virtue, because they know you're not flexible, you're like Jesus Christ, who will turn the other cheek when an idiot land you a dirty slap. The slapper might even be weaker than you, but he is convinced you're a man of honour, and won't slap back. Don't be that guy.

Being a good person simply means you're wicked than the devil himself, but kept it tamed. Even Jesus no go let you enter heaven if you fork up, what more you, a mere human ? Think about it, you lived less than a hundred years, but would suffer eternally due to sin. That's how you treat enemies. You don't just let them go, you deal with them, or else you'll end up like the serbian YouTubers that did what her hater wanted, by killing herself.

So brother, Sharp your tongue than knife, your fist hard as a rock, and brain smart as a serpent, that when the evil one comes to deal with you, they'll discover you ain't an easy meal. You can't probably live in peace if you're not capable to deal with your enemies. So to outsmart evil people, you must be able to think and see the world like them.

Look at the way the US hates China and Russia, dont you think that if those countries couldn't defend themselves, the US would have destroyed them like they did in Libya, Iraq, Syria etc? If they don't have icbm's (intercontinental ballistic missles), they would be destroyed. They are safe because they have the means to fight and also destroy their aggressor. Sorry, it's harsh but that's life.

Psalm 37.11 - the meek shall inherit the earth. Please research deeply into that verse, and read scholarly breakdown of it, it's a summary of what I'm saying. The word "meek" should be understood as a soldier with a sword, but kept it sheathed, and ready to fight if necessary. You need to go down to the etymology of the word meek, and also its true meaning before translation to English. Then its true meaning reveals itself.

So when you're strong, you defend yourself, interest and loved ones. And when aggressors smells your strength, they'll never strike because they know what awaits them. grin

11 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by fattprince(m): 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
pansophist:
About death.

Since last year, I took interest in the philosophy of death, because I actually I fear it, but now I don't fear it anymore, its all about perspective. For lots of people, life is only interesting when they are sleeping, and when they are eating. Anything apart from that is misery. The Buddiat recognised this from the onset that life is suffering. What's the point of this unnecessary suffering? And yes, money can not save you from the inherent suffering of life.

Death smiles at all of us, and all we can do is smile back. Death often mourn, is actually the best thing that will happen to lots of people. An introduction to death is when you sleep, you just don't know anything for about 8 hours, and it's the most peaceful place you'll ever be. And also ask yourself, are you afraid of dying or not just being around?
Hello pansoohist, i knew this was right when I first saw it that death is the best thing to happen to man. I just felt it was true. But when I was asked to expatiate I couldn't. Can you help me?

1 Like

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Lifewasgood: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
iLegendd:

Na true you talk
Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
fattprince:

Hello pansoohist, i knew this was right when I first saw it that death is the best thing to happen to man. I just felt it was true. But when I was asked to expatiate I couldn't. Can you help me?

Firstly, you'll have to determine if they want to learn, or just fixated on their views. Also, approach them with a question, instead of trying to teach them why you think death is actually not as bad as people see it. In their attempt to answer your question, they will see the fault in their reasoning.

Now ask them these questions. What are the problems that the living suffer from, that the dead also suffer or the dead suffers worse? Also ask, if humans enjoy sleeping, why won't they enjoy being dead? Also ask, why fear death when "not being alive" is the natural state of being?

Life is merely a blink of existence, just as the fire from a lighter is only a blink. By default, the lighter gives no light, and ''being'' itself is more of not being alive, than being' alive. So how is it a bad thing when not being alive is the natural state of existence?

Like a vineyard, all kinds of flowers will grow in it, it will also host all kinds of insects, birds, fruits, and even humans. But the plants will wither, life will die, but the vineyard still remains. Not being alive (known as death), is the natural state of being, not life. Make peace with these, and you won't fear death. Now, do you see why they say that time is your most valuable asset?

4 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
pansophist:

This is true, but what the guy you quoted is saying is valid as well.

See eh, there are people that would exploit your virtue, because they know you're not flexible, you're like Jesus Christ, who will turn the other cheek when an idiot land you a dirty slap. The slapper might even be weaker than you, but he is convinced you're a man of honour, and won't slap back. Don't be that guy.

Being a good person simply means you're wicked than the devil himself, but kept it tamed. Even Jesus no go let you enter heaven if you fork up, what more you, a mere human ? Think about it, you lived less than a hundred years, but would suffer eternally due to sin. That's how you treat enemies. You don't just let them go, you deal with them, or else you'll end up like the serbian YouTubers that did what her hater wanted, by killing herself.

So brother, Sharp your tongue than knife, your fist hard as a rock, and brain smart as a serpent, that when the evil one comes to deal with you, they'll discover you ain't an easy meal. You can't probably live in peace if you're not capable to deal with your enemies. So to outsmart evil people, you must be able to think and see the world like them.

Look at the way the US hates China and Russia, dont you think that if those countries couldn't defend themselves, the US would have destroyed them like they did in Libya, Iraq, Syria etc? If they don't have icbm's (intercontinental ballistic missles), they would be destroyed. They are safe because they have the means to fight and also destroy their aggressor. Sorry, it's harsh but that's life.

Psalm 37.11 - the meek shall inherit the earth. Please research deeply into that verse, and read scholarly breakdown of it, it's a summary of what I'm saying. The word "meek" should be understood as a soldier with a sword, but kept it sheathed, and ready to fight if necessary. You need to go down to the etymology of the word meek, and also its true meaning before translation to English. Then its true meaning reveals itself.

So when you're strong, you defend yourself, interest and loved ones. And when aggressors smells your strength, they'll never strike because they know what awaits them. grin

You made great points, especially the one of the US and the scripture. In the other aspect, the one of seeming weak or avoiding aggressor, there are things that are insignificant you just need to ignore — not because you're weak, but because you need a bigger fight — you're tired of fighting small fights.

Just like me, I have fought lots of small fights in this forum — you don't expect me to continue that way to prove I can be brute. There is nothing more to prove. I just ignore most of the new fights. This doesn't mean I'm weak. In fact, it's strength.

1 Like

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Chuky7(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
pansophist:
About health.

A glitch in human nature is that we dont appreciate what we have until we lost it. Same goes with health, youthfulness, time, a good friend/lover etc. If one is rich and unhealthy, he is actually poor. Your number one treasure in life is health, not material wealth. There are lots of jobs I'll never do, because I know I'll be trading my health for it. Same goes with foods too.

If you're not eating healthy, exercising daily, drinking life into your system (water) and cutting off junks like smoking, drugs, drinking, you're unhealthy and may soon pay for it dearly. If there is a time machine that will catapult all of us back to two hundred years ago, I can say that up to 50% percent of people would just die, because the only thing keeping them alive is the ubiquity of technology, not their health.

Love this. You are too good Sha. where did you study?

Sha my own problem is not any of those now but how person fit Bleep girl no catch aids or give belle
Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Nice one
Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by pansophist(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
Chuky7:

Sha my own problem is not any of those now but how person fit Bleep girl no catch aids or give belle

Use condom na cheesy

I studied at the University of autodidactism cool

2 Likes

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by iLegendd(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Chuky7:

Okay, I give up. I have finally seen someone funnier than humor. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What 5 Things Have You Put In Place About This? [PIC] by Sanmel(f): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
iLegendd:
2. Money can drain your emotions if you lack it or if you have it, but people are always bringing their financial problems for you to solve because you have money. At a point, the money won't be enough, but you're carrying lots of people's financial problems on your shoulder.

What I do to protect myself from this baggage is by not doing a 9-5 job to avoid being seen as a working class on suit, but working from home without them knowing what I do at home.

Since I work from home and with my computer, they think I'm broke and jobless and when they notice I have money, they suspect it's fraud or ritual, so they become scared and stay away from me to avoid being used for ritual.

Also, I don't flaunt money or possessions in real life — I stay on low key and invest my money for me, myself, and my family.

Whatever is left, I give to charity without being asked. I hate being asked. This way, I have protected myself and my emotions from being financially drained by opportunists.

One more thing, being financially drained could also be by not having money at all. This leads to depression and this is why I don't just work hard, but smart too when others are sleeping. I don't want to ever be broke, so I need to put in the work whether I like it or not when others are having fun or sleeping.

Typing...
I love this pattern

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Have Fun With Jokes Abeg... / 7 Masculine Qualities Women SECRETLY Love In Men / If Your Lover Kicks the Bucket in Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.