Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) (25034 Views)

Wizkid Storms Lagos Club With Wande Coal, Sprays ₦10 Million / Mr Ibu To Daughter: You Are Lucky You Don’t Look Like Me (Video) / Stephen Atanga 'Don Little': "My Small Dick Size Made Women Reject Me" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Ijaya123: 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
chloride6:
Produced the best album in the history of this country.

M2M

That is debatable.

Gongo Aso was more successful

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by chloride6: 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Ijaya123:

That is debatable.

Gongo Aso was more successful

Mehn, it's not easy to pick between M2M and Gongo Aso...

I pick M2M for the wider appeal as Gongo Aso is heavy on Yoruba..

5 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
nairaman66:

Grass2Grace- 2Face
Talk about it- MI
Gongu’aso- 9ice
C.E.O- Dagrin

There are more than 20 albums that beat that nonsense recent wiz kid album.

You dey mind dat guy?

Wizkid has got talent, no doubt about that. But he has become seriously overhyped. He no longer does good music like when he was with EME.

My opinion, though.

7 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by goodman5(m): 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bank them with. D banj grin
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
nairaman66:

Grass2Grace- 2Face
Talk about it- MI
Gongu’aso- 9ice
C.E.O- Dagrin

All those Songs in Terms of Lyrics and Melody may be Better dan MIL.
But MIL is more Globally Accepted due to Powerful marketing/hyping by Wizkid's Management Team! smiley smiley

So It's the Biggest Album in Nigerian Music Industry!

Just like saying Issakaba and Yogo Pam Pam is Bigger dan 40 Days in Atlanta! sad cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
edmaraja:

The prince was never as big as wande coal. Wande coal was one of the biggest guys in the industry back then, almost every of his song was a certified hit. you can't be comparing him to the prince that had only one or two hit songs.

Wetin Prince dey sing sef?

Does he even have any hits?

At least, Dr SID hit with Over the Moon.

It was Wande Coal that carried the whole of MoHit on his shoulders.

I like the energy of D'Banj, but I don't consider him a talented musician.

4 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Saintmary(f): 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
blowjohn:
My favorite hip hop artist is Nas.
Favorite hip hop group, mobb deep.
My favorite rock band is U2
Green day, arcade fire, R.E.M, Metallica, the cranberries, the killers, the national, the smashing pumpkins, muse, Coldplay....etc follow.

I listen to artists from the 60s till date.
Got about 60 gig of songs.
I don't like trap music.
That said, I don't have nigerian songs on my playlists.
But I know talent when I see one.
Wande coal is the most talented Nigerian artist of his generation.
Top1 freestylist.

Wande's voice is the best male voice in the country as far as I'm concerned.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You dey mind dat guy?

Wizkid has got talent, no doubt about that. But he has become seriously overhyped. He no longer does good music like when he was with EME.

My opinion, though.

Wizkid Still does Good Music!

Only dat his Style has Obviously changed! He seems to be singing for a Global audience!

He has Cut out those all doz 'Ur Yanch dey Make me Ginger, Ur Waist go make spend my House rent' Lyrics! cheesy cheesy

He is Targeting Big Things now! More International Awards and Global Clout! smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Why dont you tell me sir?

You are Talking Thrash!

Wande Coal went on Oblivion? sad

After dat 2013, Wande gave Hits such as..
*Baby Hello
*My Woman featured by Patoranking
*Iskaba
*Turkey Nla
*So mi so
*Again, etc.. sad

5 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by nairaman66(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
Vinnie2000:

All those Songs in Terms of Lyrics and Melody may be Better dan MIL.
But MIL is more Globally Accepted due to Powerful marketing/hyping by Wizkid's Management Team! smiley smiley

So It's the Biggest Album in Nigerian Music Industry!

Just like saying Issakaba and Yogo Pam Pam is Bigger dan 40 Days in Atlanta! sad cheesy

You line is flawed! Critically acclaimed overseas, let them deal with that overseas! But in Nigeria, the album is not critically acclaimed. Just wizkid fans trying to push the album down the throat of Nigerians. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by DennisEche(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
grandstar:

They all died out.

20% of something is better than 0% of nothing.
Ahswear bro. Greed on their parts , Artistes. Most of them don't know what it takes to make someone a star. it involves alot of marketing and pr strategy.
wetin rema de sing but see the boy headlining shows and gigs courtesy of DonJazzy

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by NoGirlfriend: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
WandeCoal stil sing self? Dah one aside. He will be live at Lascurt underground club and lounge on 24/12/2021

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Saintmary(f): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
DennisEche:
smiley
Nigerian Artistes should stop mixing up been a Musician and Artist management. They fail when they mix up the two which are two different thing.
Where is wande Coal, Where is Dbanj, where is Run town, Where is Ricardo Banks, Where is Koredo Bello, where is Lil Kesh, where is Iyanya,where is Mayorku, where is Tiwa Savage( she even had to release her sex tape to thread, where is Cynthia Morgan etc. stay and grow under a good management

If you look at the pattern. They all probably left their labels because of dissatisfaction. If an alliance is no longer serving your needs, it's normal to seek better options elsewhere.

There should have been several established management agencies which could offer such opportunities but looks like Nigerian markets usually tend towards monopoly.

Another alternative to exit is renegotiation. We seem to lack negotiation skills in the Nigerian business environment because most of us allow our emotions to do our thinking for us. (Inadequate emotional intelligence). Even people who claim to be objective end up doing this.

I could go on and on but I'm not here to throw scathing criticism aimed to hurt people.

I'm only pointing out what went wrong in my opinion so that others can avoid it.

Peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
nairaman66:

You line is flawed! Critically acclaimed overseas, let them deal with that overseas! But in Nigeria, the album is not critically acclaimed. Just wizkid fans trying to push the album down the throat of Nigerians. Thanks

You see Yourself! Dat's why I gave you dat Movies analogy! undecided

Yogo Pam Pam (Dat's if u watched it) and Issakaba were very Popular in Nigeria then but can Never compare with 40 Days in Atlanta which was Heavily Hyped or Promoted by AY Makun!
That Movie was very popular amongst Nigerians in Diaspora!

No Matter how 'Tough' an African Nations Cup Final is, U can't use it to compare a UCL Finals even if the latter was Boring! sad cheesy

Everything get Levels! sad smiley

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by seanjy4konji: 1:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Wande talent na follow come...

No doubt...
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Nyamve1: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Just imagine how it hurts for even human to leave you, that is why we must hold God in higher esteem, because it will be a disaster. Is only Jesus that can save[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by DisLifeSha: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
D'banj and Wande Coal and Kayswitch spoilt their music careers when they left Mohits
kenzysmith:
Wandel coal is a big fool if he had stayed at mavin who for reason wizkid n davido today. Don jazzy was ready to work with is talent. Even dbanj still dey cry till today

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by nairaman66(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
Vinnie2000:

You see Yourself! Dat's why I gave you dat Movies analogy! undecided

Yogo Pam Pam (Dat's if u watched it) and Issakaba were very Popular in Nigeria then but can Never compare with 40 Days in Atlanta which was Heavily Hyped or Promoted by AY Makun!
That Movie was very popular amongst Nigerians in Diaspora!

No Matter how 'Tough' an African Nations Cup Final is, U can't use it to compare a UCL Finals even if the latter was Boring! sad cheesy

Everything get Levels! sad smiley

That’s why I said you created that analogy. Your argument is flawed because that’s you own created reality. Nigerian music lovers and enthusiasts know better!

Stop forcing an ideology of internationally critical acclaimed of this album. How did it do with tin the shores of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by MiaBeer(m): 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
DennisEche:
smiley
Nigerian Artistes should stop mixing up been a Musician and Artist management. They fail when they mix up the two which are two different thing.
Where is wande Coal, Where is Dbanj, where is Run town, Where is Ricardo Banks, Where is Koredo Bello, where is Lil Kesh, where is Iyanya,where is Mayorku, where is Tiwa Savage( she even had to release her sex tape to trend, where is Cynthia Morgan etc. stay and grow under a good management
You know the deal. TY!

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by miqos02(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
Anneka101:
I remember growing up in Mushin, Oliyide Str to be precise.

hahah, na Larry pure water area be that oh
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by atiku07(m): 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
DennisEche:
smiley
Where is wande Coal, Where is Dbanj, where is Run town, Where is Ricardo Banks, Where is Koredo Bello, where is Lil Kesh, where is Iyanya,where is Mayorku, where is Tiwa Savage( she even had to release her sex tape to trend, where is Cynthia Morgan etc. stay and grow under a good management

Management too should learn how to make the artist too get rightly paid, that is not over exploit them with stupid contract agreement

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by Thunderfayayou: 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Omicron007:
[s][/s]

Lies.
Made In Lagos is the best album to come out of this country.
Big Wiz is the boss.

Will you Sharap! Wiz ard abi Wizkhalifa Kee you dia
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by LINTUNE(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
nairaman66:

Grass2Grace- 2Face
Talk about it- MI
Gongu’aso- 9ice
C.E.O- Dagrin

especially gonguaso by nice....men that album na fire, men I'm nolstagic right now..
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by nairaman66(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
LINTUNE:
especially gonguaso by nice....men that album na fire, men I'm nolstagic right now..

Yeah! Brings back memories! Most of these dudes didn’t listen to these albums, but go ahead talking bullshittt. Really terrible

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by grandstar(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
DennisEche:

Ahswear bro. Greed on their parts , Artistes. Most of them don't know what it takes to make someone a star. it involves alot of marketing and pr strategy.
wetin rema de sing but see the boy headlining shows and gigs courtesy of DonJazzy

They think its easy until they try and fade away.

Don Jazzy na wizard

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
chloride6:
Produced the best album in the history of this country.

M2M
I only bought foreign albums but Wande's M2M wass the only Nigerian album I could really vibe with. The songs were too classy, even till today I still play have those hits in my phone. Wizkid even confessed that that album changed helped shape his music career. Wande is a LEGEND in the making.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
Dozis:
And when they leave they stop making hits...
Wande Coal is one of the most respected artists of this generation. Wizkid even confessed to drawing lots of inspiration from his M2M album which sold over 5 million copies...

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
DennisEche:
smiley

True
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
AfonjaBoston:
This life na turn by turn.
The early bird eats the fattest worm.
Don Baba and Wande cashed out the most while the later was still in Mo hits, him leaving was good riddance cos he had overstayed, was not blowing solo again and market appraisal was low.
Rightfully so he went into oblivion after he left.
Wande never went to oblivion. He still dolled out hits after hits namely Iskaba, So mi so, etc.
Plus he still has the best voice in the Nigerian music industry.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
Omicron007:
[s][/s]

Lies.
Made In Lagos is the best album to come out of this country.
Big Wiz is the boss.
Made in Lagos is only popular because of the amount of cash thrown into its marketing.
Wande's M2M beats any Nigerian album of this generation song for song. Even Wizkid confessed that the album helped shape his career.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
MoneyMustBMade:
He fade away when he left mavin record
Iskaba, So mi So, and other hits were post mavin
Re: Don Jazzy: Wande Coal's Exit From My Record Label Hurt Me (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
DennisEche:
smiley
Where is Tiwa Savage? Are u serious?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Churchill Celebrates His Mother On Mother's Day, Shades Tonto Dikeh / Fatherhood Is Boring – Kizz Daniel / Dancers Welcome Patience Ozokwor In Kumasi, Ghana To Win Souls For Christ(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.