Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill (14865 Views)

Cyril Ramaphosa Blames NATO For Ukraine Crisis / President Cyril Ramaphosa's Ipad 'Stolen' On Live TV / Cyril Ramaphosa: 10 Things To Know About South Africa’s New President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by xynerise: 6:44am On Dec 13, 2021
lexy2014:

if the vaccine cant prevent infection and it has to be effective until everyone is vaccinated, why then is it a vaccine? if a person who is vaccinated can still contract the virus, whats the guarantee that when everyone is vaccinated, people wont still get the virus?

My point.

This vaccination is just a waste of time and money

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Oddfinder: 6:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Princedapace:
Their president falls sick and gets treated in south Africa. In Nigeria, even local govt officials flies abroad for headache grin

Very anyhow country.
My brother i saw 'he is monitored by the south Africa military health service' shame catch me at the same time felt proud of the south Africans

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by SmartPolician: 6:46am On Dec 13, 2021
xynerise:

It's just like saying everyone should be born again. You know it's not possible to get everyone vaccinated, and while trying to achieve that, they keep getting the vaccinated ones infected and the circle continues. This vaccination exercise is bullshitt

No, it's not bullshit.

Once you are vaccinated, your immune system is in a better position to fight the virus. That's the advantage. Vaccination doesn't mean you cannot contract it again. This means that someone who has been vaccinated is safer than someone who hasn't.

However, I don't think I should worry about the virus because I am young and have no underlying ailments. If I contract Covid-19, I just need vitamin C to get rid of it. I will only take the vaccine when it is made mandatory.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Opeyemic01: 6:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Fully vaccinated yet still tested positive, then what's now the essence of vaccine jab being enforced up and down?. If you are not vaccinated, you can catch Corona, also full vaccination doesn't give you immunity against it. Then they should not for anyone to take it.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by lexy2014: 6:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Oddfinder:

My brother i saw 'he is monitored by the south Africa military health service' shame catch me at the same time felt proud of the south Africans

no be today. through out mandelas life outside prison, he was in and out of hospital due to old age. on no occasion was he flown abroad for treatment. he was always taken to a south african military hospital for treatment.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Muhylonaire007: 6:49am On Dec 13, 2021
OTlandlord:
This whole Covid 19 brouhaha is turning out not to be natural...its the devil trying to enforce the new world order.The Antichrist will use Covid 19 vaccine as its mark 666. The plan to control the life of humans started with the Covid vaccine. Its a circle that won't end till the whole world is under control. This is my personal opinion though.

Pele o, set awon conspiracy theorists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by ignis: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Buhari to test positive next.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by SmartPolician: 6:51am On Dec 13, 2021
lexy2014:

if the vaccine cant prevent infection and it has to be effective until everyone is vaccinated, why then is it a vaccine? if a person who is vaccinated can still contract the virus, whats the guarantee that when everyone is vaccinated, people wont still get the virus?

When you are vaccinated, it means that your immune system is better positioned to fight it than that of someone who hasn't been vaccinated. Vaccination doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot contract it again.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Princedapace(m): 6:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Oddfinder:

Lol
Even when Mandela was sick, he was treated in SA. Even their schooling, same thing.
See, SA no be any African mate at all. They really have fantastic structures. The country actually attracts many people from Europe, USA, and other parts of the world to their health and education sector. Lol, SA is way ahead. Just the insecurity caused by teeming migrating poor Africans and unskilled workers.

Same thing with Morocco. Infact, some African leaders and politicians go to Morocco for health treatment, especially those in East Africa. Same thing with Egypt.
See eh, Nigeria na disaster. These countries have electricity for over 90 percent of her citizens.

My brother, as I dey type this, no electricity. Na solar I dey use. Nigeria is such a shame.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by xynerise: 6:51am On Dec 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

No, it's not bullshit.

Once you are vaccinated, your immune system is in a better position to fight the virus. That's the advantage. Vaccination doesn't mean you cannot contract it again. This means that someone who has been vaccinated is safer than someone who hasn't.

However, I don't think I should worry about the virus because I am young and have no underlying ailments. If I contract Covid-19, I just need vitamin C to get rid of it. I will only take it when it is made mandatory.

The vaccine is of no use for the healthy young ones then. Since ordinary vitamin C can eliminate it.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Picker28: 6:52am On Dec 13, 2021
grin grin grin
Bubu how far na
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by SmartPolician: 6:53am On Dec 13, 2021
xynerise:

The vaccine is of no use for the healthy young ones then. Since ordinary vitamin C can eliminate it.

Huncle, please go and get vaccinated to keep people around you safe.

I am avoiding it for a reason I don't want to disclose. wink
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by REVOLUTION2018(m): 6:55am On Dec 13, 2021
OTlandlord:
This whole Covid 19 brouhaha is turning out not to be natural...its the devil trying to enforce the new world order.The Antichrist will use Covid 19 vaccine as its mark 666. The plan to control the life of humans started with the Covid vaccine. Its a circle that won't end till the whole world is under control. This is my personal opinion though.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Fully vaccinated n still contacted it. They started it n let them finish it, now he's taking the 3rd shot� 666 in making! Until you're fully vaccinated you are not vaccinated shocked shocked 6shots done
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Bullet01(f): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2021
osazsky:
oga he is vacinated even if he contacts it his body would fight it cuz his t cells has seen it before.its a vector vacine. Make una try go sch and stop beer parlour talk.if you like your life go and get vacinated. Bill gates did not put any controlling chip inside.your body will not magnet iron or light a bulb.i took the vacine and i am free and ok.the funy thing was that it got rid of another disease i was battling for years.
You seems to be knowledgeable about this thing. Why must we wear facemask even after taking the vaccine? I don't really understand the concept. Pls convince me without insult abeg. I'm allergic to insults

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by lexy2014: 6:57am On Dec 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

When you are vaccinated, it means that your immune system is better positioned to fight it than that of someone who hasn't been vaccinated. Vaccination doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot contract it again.

How is the immune now "better positioned to fight"? Pls what is the job of a vaccine?

If u say that "Vaccination doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot contract it again", why then did u say earlier that once every one is vaccinated, then no more covid?

Meanwhile, u didn't answer the questions:

3 Likes

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Gesman: 6:58am On Dec 13, 2021
I pray buhari contact it from him
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Lightorder: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2021
I was shouting this when he was about to visit Nigeria but who am I ? Should it be the other way round about the visit, South Africa would have canceled Buhari’s visit, simply tender an apology and wouldn’t care about how we will feel . But here in Nigeria, anything goes. Patapata, FG would force a lockdown as to be on same page with WHO and the begging continues
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by SmartPolician: 7:02am On Dec 13, 2021
lexy2014:

How is the immune now "better positioned to fight"? Pls what is the job of a vaccine?

If u say that "Vaccination doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot contract it again", why then did u say earlier that once every one is vaccinated, then no more covid?

The guarantee is that the virus is completely destroyed because it doesn't emanate from someone anymore.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by xynerise: 7:05am On Dec 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

Huncle, please go and get vaccinated to keep people around you safe.

I am avoiding it for a reason I don't want to disclose. wink

Me too
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Opeyemic01: 7:05am On Dec 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

xynerise
Opeyemic01

That's why everyone is being encouraged to get vaccinated.

According to medical experts, older people who have underlying ailments are not totally immune even when they get Covid-19 vaccines.

The only way they can be totally protected is if they are not exposed to someone who can infect them with the disease. So, nobody is safe until everyone is vaccinated.

I haven't been vaccinated though and I don't even want to be.

I am just confused each time vaccinated people get infected again, but thanks for your enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by osazsky(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2021
lexy2014:

what has the thinking of nigerians and their getting bsc got to do with the ineffectiveness of the vaccine? is it only nigerians that have reservations about the so called vaccine? am surprised u are saying that "his body would fight it." why didnt u say "the vaccine in his body will fight it"?
i said u are uneducated...the vacine in his body..oga his T cells will fight it.vacine is not a drug its actually the mild disease itself so that when u eventually become exposed your t cell would fight it without serious drug.like i said u and most nigerians are very uneducated..stop beer it will help u.vacines are no drugs. Try go sch bros..its a vector vacine.vacine is actually the mild disease itself not drug..there is no known cure for or drug for chicken pox..measles..polio..covid..etc rather the disease itself which is the vacine..is this new to you..if yes i am shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by UselessBuhari: 7:06am On Dec 13, 2021
Nosa111:
Nigeria and their crazy government. The only reason why Nigeria is banning flight from UK, Canada and Saudi Arabia now is because they just want to retaliate because those countries banned Nigerians from entering their country too, not because they want to curtail the virus. Useless government with mumu authorites
Curtail which mumu virus?
We have better things for them to use their energy in curtailing
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by BigYash: 7:07am On Dec 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

The guarantee is that the virus is completely destroyed because it doesn't emanate from someone anymore.
Story.. Expect more variant.. China won't give up yet..
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by UselessBuhari: 7:10am On Dec 13, 2021
Subsea101:
That you're fully vaccinated doesn't mean you can't test positive, it only means the ravaging symptoms/side effects won't really affect you.

Does it make any sense to you?
Stop regurgitating every nonsense you are told like a mumu

1 Like

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by osazsky(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2021
lexy2014:

when u were young unknown to you your mum gave u measles..chicken pox vacine and polio..in your life time you contacted chicken pox and measles and got away with it and u thank God for it..most unfortunate children in the north contacted same and couldnt make it..most of you dont know that chicken pox is deadly cuz ur t cell which is your immune has seen the mild form when u where 6 months old.i hope u get it now thanks. Vacines are no drugs they are mild form of the disease itself.who did this to blacks
Na wah o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by lkillbrokehoes: 7:10am On Dec 13, 2021
He should have stayed in his country in the first place, instead of visiting west African countries.
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by techWriter5: 7:10am On Dec 13, 2021
politicians is really immune to COVID-19..he has has subjected to all versions but he tefloned it all
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by UselessBuhari: 7:12am On Dec 13, 2021
osazsky:
he is vaccinated..just like chicken pox he will still contact it but his body would fight it..i wonder how nigerians think..one u are vacinated of measles chicken pox.u can't get it for life.how they got thier bsc baffles me and some are even life sci students spits
You are a big fool. Who says the body doesn't fight COVID19 before vaccination?
As for chicken pox and measles, vaccination actually prevents you from getting them
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Rochasstatue(f): 7:12am On Dec 13, 2021
SmartPolician:
Only God knows the number of Nigerians President Cyril Ramaphosa infected with the virus when he visited the country. Nigeria is a country where anything goes. I wish him a quick recovery.

You are just dumb.
You failed to understand he and his delegation were tested in Abuja.
His result was - but some in his delegation were + and went back to SA.

What model of weed do you roll?
You need an upgrade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Jacklovia(m): 7:13am On Dec 13, 2021
God when!
Re: Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill by Eriokanmi: 7:13am On Dec 13, 2021
Oyinbos no dey joke with their health. Buhari allowed this and to come to Nigeria with his team during the time SA citizens were barred from entering most countries of the world. That's how much buhar lives Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alassane Ouattara Is The New Chairman Of Ecowas / US Agrees To Send Advanced Rockets To Ukraine / South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.