Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age (23379 Views)

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by reyscrub(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2021
Then leave home and stand on your own now
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 13, 2021
It's well
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by faithfull18(f): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2021
Lol, get admission and leave the house.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by EmmaxKeys: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Hg
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by reyscrub(m): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Then go and stand on your own now.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by tommy589(m): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2021
The streets are not smiling sad don't think it's all rosy out there.Aside from his temper you did mention lacking care. it is a dangerous world now,different from my time when I finally left home at 17. It was not that easy too, but sometimes casual aquintances I met hussling the streets provided me food and shelters without ulterior motives.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by ImoleNaija: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
In all the things you said, you never mentioned above furthering your studies, only money, money and money, be calming down kid, and plan your life better, you may think he is caging you now, but later you will understand.

Don't mind him.
Na Yahoo-Yahoo mentality.
Peer pressure is at work.
The freedom that would tire him when he goes to school.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by talk2hb1(m): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

My mom died when I was 3 years,and I was the only child she had before she died,It's been just me and My Dad since then,My childhood was a lonely one.My Dad is 39 years while me am 19years,i will be 20 next year.My dad was young when my mom gave birth to me.

Now my problem is that,despite my age my dad still cages me,he doesn't give me freedom and he doesn't allow me to keep friends, any time he sees me talking with a male friend,he will tell me
he doesn't want to see me with anybody ,i can't be out side when time done pass 6pm oo or else Na wahala.At 19 years I can't boast of 1k cos am always staying at his shop,and the thing is driving me crazy.As a man, checking my account balance and seeing (N0.00)dey make me sad,and I don't know how to tell him that I want to stop going to his shop and start a hustling for myself.i just finished my secondary school,and I thought he would give me some free hand but for where??he gets more strict as time as goes on and its making me hate him.And my dad is a very hot tempered man,he nor dey understand at all at all.Am even tired of staying with him,i have been with since 19years,travel he nor dey gree make I travel

My question is,will he ever stop being like this?I don't want any one to delay me in my life cos it seems it's what he is trying to do,i want to be wealthy at a young age.Being broke makes me feel less of a man

Please mods move to fp,before I go run commot for house embarassed

When Next You see your daddy, please hug him tight for me and say thanks Dad.

I was in SS1 when my own Dad pushed me into the street to fend for myself. Guy the thing no easy, honestly. Which cost me 4years of my life staying at home despite I had all my papers in one sitting. A lot happened within those 4years but Alihamdulillah its over, it's a huge sacrifice I will never ever pray for my enemy children talk of my own children to go through, this entails life and death situations.
Please go show some appreciation to your Pappy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by mashad(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

My mom died when I was 3 years, and I was the only child she had before she died.

It's been just me and My Dad since then, My childhood was a lonely one. My Dad is 39 years while me am 19years, I will be 20 next year. My dad was young when my mom gave birth to me.

Now my problem is that, despite my age my dad still cages me, he doesn't give me freedom and he doesn't allow me to keep friends, any time he sees me talking with a male friend, he will tell me he doesn't want to see me with anybody, I can't be out side when time done pass 6pm oo or else Na wahala.

At 19 years I can't boast of 1k cos am always staying at his shop, and the thing is driving me crazy. As a man, checking my account balance and seeing (N0.00) dey make me sad, and I don't know how to tell him that I want to stop going to his shop and start a hustling for myself.

I just finished my secondary school and I thought he would give me some free hand but for where?? He gets more strict as time as goes on and its making me hate him. And my dad is a very hot tempered man, he nor dey understand at all at all. Am even tired of staying with him, I have been with him since 19 years, travel he nor dey gree make I travel.

My question is, will he ever stop being like this? I don't want any one to delay me in my life cos it seems it's what he is trying to do, i want to be wealthy at a young age. Being broke makes me feel less of a man.

You had better be patient. Your dad wants the best for you. Give him a bit of time, don't be in a hurry to impress anybody. At this time of your life, your dad is your only cinfidant.

You can talk to and let him understand your worries. But I tell you, he is the best and wants the best for you
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by sanpipita(m): 10:33am On Dec 13, 2021
At 19 you are still young, I don't see the need to rush life and hope you are not getting peer pressured, take life at your own pace someday your bank account will be full of money, just focus on what's necessary now especially your education, these days if you have a parent that provides you with everything be grateful regardless of their flaws
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by stalwart123(m): 10:33am On Dec 13, 2021
grin

Is there a change in the age difference?
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by frozen70(f): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

My mom died when I was 3 years, and I was the only child she had before she died.

It's been just me and My Dad since then, My childhood was a lonely one. My Dad is 39 years while me am 19years, I will be 20 next year. My dad was young when my mom gave birth to me.

Now my problem is that, despite my age my dad still cages me, he doesn't give me freedom and he doesn't allow me to keep friends, any time he sees me talking with a male friend, he will tell me he doesn't want to see me with anybody, I can't be out side when time done pass 6pm oo or else Na wahala.

At 19 years I can't boast of 1k cos am always staying at his shop, and the thing is driving me crazy. As a man, checking my account balance and seeing (N0.00) dey make me sad, and I don't know how to tell him that I want to stop going to his shop and start a hustling for myself.

I just finished my secondary school and I thought he would give me some free hand but for where?? He gets more strict as time as goes on and its making me hate him. And my dad is a very hot tempered man, he nor dey understand at all at all. Am even tired of staying with him, I have been with him since 19 years, travel he nor dey gree make I travel.

My question is, will he ever stop being like this? I don't want any one to delay me in my life cos it seems it's what he is trying to do, i want to be wealthy at a young age. Being broke makes me feel less of a man.

I was expecting to read where you will state that you have started jamb classes or to state that you made your waec and your papers are cleared

Tell him to register you for lessons and you want to get a Jamb form

Face your academics seriously because that's the only way you will break free from him

By the time you get admission, you will have the freedom you desire

But bear in mind that, he is just being over protective of you as you don't have a mum to guide you too

By the time he gets another wife and she starts bearing children, your dreams of getting to school will be affected

If you don't want to go to school, get a skill and learn
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Bakin3(m): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2021
E be things.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by AmVista: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2021
The only thing that will make you regained your freedom is to be bold enough to speak to your dad ,,
confront your DAD tell Him you are a Human not a pet ,

1 Like

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by YoungAncient1: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2021
At 19 you are still a kid. They lied to you that 18 is the year of maturity and accountability. However, if you can show beyond your years that you are responsible enough, perhaps your dad will be confident. His cage is his way of protecting your ignorance of life.

So many people were exposed too early and they've become menace to the society especially with the kind of western influence ravaging our societies
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by adecz: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2021
Since you are through with
Secondary school, at least you
must now move to higher institution
& therefore out of his scrutiny.

Is it that you don't even have relations?
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Vipro(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2021
AmVista:
The only thing that will make you regained your freedom is to be bold enough to speak to your dad ,,
confront your DAD tell Him you are a Human not a pet ,

na slap you dey invite so cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by charixel: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

Young man. You are not a kid but you still need guidance because this your age that's when most of you lose focus and take to drugs and the likes
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by LegitClever: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2021
Haa

Hello everyone am a vendor and direct loader of gift cards and funds without delaying payment and we treat all our customers with respect cos without you guys then we are nothing check list below

Zelle funds 400/$

Greendot funds 400/$

Chime & Go2Bank funds 380/$

Venmo funds 370/$

Apple pay 380/$

Robinhood funds 360/$

Welfargo , SoFi, and other spending funds can come @ 360/$

Edd funds 400/$

E - Transfer funds 380/$

Bitcoin/Usdt/Ethe inbox me for rate and other funds

Itunes card 370/$

Steam wallet 380/$

Google play store 380/$

Sephora 395/$

Apple gift card 375/$

Razergold 450/$

Amazon gift card 400/$

Amex gift card 400/$

Nike gift card 380/$

One vanilla / visa gift card 390/$

WhatsApp
+2347015846671
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by IMASTEX: 10:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
In all the things you said, you never mentioned above furthering your studies, only money, money and money, be calming down kid, and plan your life better, you may think he is caging you now, but later you will understand.
You won't blame him because the system is messed up. A country where a Phd is talked into doing another Phd to improve his chances of getting a #30k job or told to learn a skill/trade to be able to make a living. Meanwhile, the dad is only trying to safeguard him from sharks out there especially with his age bracket.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by aktolly54(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Op why did your father don't remarry?
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Kennyking1234: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

same thing with except its my mom
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by jaxxy(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

Have u tried to talk to ur dad and share ur further plans with him? I’m sure he’s protective because he wants u to stay out of trouble and wants the best for u not cage u.

When he see ure reasoning maturely and level headed he will trust that u know what u are doing. However Ure just 19 and very inexperienced about life so u need a lot of guidance trust me.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Lojay: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2021
It shall be well… it just timw
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2021
Since I left my father's house, paying bills has been wounding me.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by georgemarcus(m): 10:50am On Dec 13, 2021
That is because your generation is filled with so much danger and bad influence. He fears what you would become once that freedom is given to you. i know someday you will grow to become a dad and then understand to an extent why your dad chooses you over his shop than to go out there and keep friends. There is nothing wrong in making friends from Church, School and around your area, but its how they are to you that matters. There is nothing wrong in what your dad is doing and until we see him to find out why grounds you other than allowing you socialize. My dear dont be too sad and dont ever say your dad is hot tempered because as a boy you will grow to become a dad someday. You should be grateful you a very discipline father. I know some person in your age bracket would want to give you tips on how to outwit your dad to do your will but that wont get you far ok. If you have an Android phone, make use of it to get yourself into something very meaningful and gainful.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Eyyaaa I understand what you are going through coz my dad acted exactly like yours is acting. Though we had our mom with us but it did not make any difference till we went to higher institution finished and came back that was when it stopped.

I will advice you to be more patient and submissive to him, get him to send you to higher institution and all will change gradually.

Trust me, one day you will appreciate all the training.

My dad is no longer alive but at times when I visit home, I do go to his grave, shed some tears and thank him for the training.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by joyandfaith: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

Your do not want you to impregnate a girl like him at tender age.
You are lively to do similar thing at 20.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by juman(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2021
You are still a kid.
Your dad love you so much and act accordingly.
You would be more free when you start university.

At your age most people have no money in their bank account. If they have account at all.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by timguy(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2021
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders

You just won’t understand all of these he’s doing for you... maybe you’re too young to understand... just wait till you start living on your own .. you’ll make him your best friend and appreciate all of those things.
Re: My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age by sehin79(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2021
I wonder why kids are impatient this days.. we the older ones tends to be more patient nowadays.. well it’s cause we are more wiser..young man you have a lot of time ahead of you.. talk to your dad about your plans ie education or learning a skills.. do proper research on what you intend to do..if it’s further your education enrol in jamb lessons.and stop thinking about money this is the age you add value to your self.. remember money is value as you add it to yourself.. now people would pay for it later.. so relax..
there is a reward to obeying your parent..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' / Newly Married Woman Narrates How Husband Abuses Her Daily / When You See A Cancer Women Run For Your Dear Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.