Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' (23379 Views)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by dotcomnamename: 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
NOTE: After this confession, I will close this email and you may not be able to reach me through it again.

This is for identity reason, as I have been warned not to disclose this. I also know that NAPTIP or how do they call them, will come after me.

I need to avoid this. I’m not educated, but I have to trust someone to write this piece for me for your newspaper. At least I can read, so I can monitor all the comments that will pour in as a result of my distasteful act.

I’m ready to receive any kind of insult, and possibly commit suicide if…

This is not fictitious. I confess with tears streaming from my eyes. Do not pity me. I don’t pity myself. I consider myself a greedy fool who doesn’t even deserve to live for just another day.

Permit me to tell you how it all started. I had a child out of wedlock. I couldn’t have taken the child to any particular man because none was going to accept him either.

This is because of the kind of life I have lived as a young girl of 24. Quite frankly, I was a prostitute. I can’t tell who the father of my baby is, even as I make this confession. I decided to keep the child just to avoid all the embarrassment associated with this.

I live in the East. It is difficult to survive down here, considering that I also had a baby to care for. My baby was just 9 months when it all happened. I was fed up with life, and I told one of my friends that I was ready to sell my baby to survive so long as I know he would be safe.

She passively laughed at my ignoble assertion. However, two weeks after we discussed, some people called me from the North, that they would like to meet me. I thought they were my usual customers, until I saw two men in my small apartment three days later. T

hey said they were informed that I was willing to sell my child. I asked how they got to know, and they showed me their identity cards. They were police officers and had been asked to do the transaction with me on behalf of a man whose identity they kept secret.

At first, I was scared. And I told them angrily that I was not that kind of person. They were so persistent that they even showed me the cheque signed by one of the officers. I ordered them out of my room and they left that day.

I thought they would be calling me to bother me, but they didn’t. I was full of regrets. I was caught in between constant thought of the money and the adverse effect of losing my child to a total stranger. Different ideas were circling in my head, until I took one last decision.

I picked up my phone after three days of my meeting with the police officers and I asked them to come down as I had accepted to do the transaction. They had warned me that it won’t be very funny if at the end I still go ahead to treat them the way they were treated the last time they came; but I assured them of my total cooperation.

They came again the next day. I was sobbing when they walked in. Yes, I was crying for my child because I knew that after that day, I won’t see him again. They came in a police van, apparently to take my child away with it.

They said the Alhaji who wanted the child was waiting. I asked whether my child was going to be killed. They took pity on me and told me that the man who wanted the child never had a child, and that had occasioned their trip down to the East in search of a child.

They assured me that nothing was going to happen to the child, but that I should take my mind off my baby, as I was never going to see him again. They said that after the payment had been made, the child would cease to be mine.

I wept as I handed over my child to one of them who sat at the back of the van. We drove to one of the banks where the transaction took place. Sincerely, my account was credited and they left. Ten minutes after their departure, I collapsed in the bank premises in tears, leaving many people to wonder what could be wrong with me.

I called them to return my child but they said it was too late.

The painful aspect of my trouble is that I didn’t use the money to do any reasonable thing. As I speak to you, my account has gone down, and I can’t really point to any reasonable thing I have done with the money, apart from the car that I bought few months after the incident.

People around me don’t know what happened to my child as I keep telling them that my baby is with my mum in the village.

I’m making this confession because I doubt if I may survive this CURSE I have brought upon myself. The last cry of my baby re-echoes each time I’m alone. I hear him cry into the silence of the night when I’m alone in my room.

I have not known peace since I sold my child. I have had accident up to ten times since the fateful day. None of the accidents was unconnected to absence minded.

The guilt continues to live in me. Now, I’m contemplating suicide. All I want is your advice as I find very useful comments on this site each time I log in with my phone.

I hardly make comments but I read your confession segment a lot. I always console myself with people who have big problems like me. Please tell me what to do.

I want to get my child back, but I don’t even have a clue on what to do. I don’t even know exactly where my child is now. I think I have been so foolish. Don’t feel any remorse for me. Give me the best advice – exactly what you would tell your sister if she found herself in my shoes.

I am waiting.
http://ireporterstv.co/true-confession-i-sold-my-child-for-n4-million-and-i-want-him-back-now/

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by EfemenaXY: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
Horrible story. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by EfemenaXY: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
^^ CC have you seen the recent pictures and stories of abandoned newborns? sad

I know this sounds harsh, but maybe - just maybe, she did the baby a favour by giving it away to someone else to look after.

What I find nauseating is the money bit - i.e: actually selling her baby for money. That was heartless.

4 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by taryour(f): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
With all this things have been seeing lately on nairaland makes me wanna curse u even more and more but i would just hold my peace,this will surely hunt you till DEATH and worst if that innocent child you sold got into the hands of ritualist. You could have just given them the child to care for free of child and your mind would have been a little bit at peace now. MAY YOU NEVER FIND THAT CHILD CAUSE IF YOU DO,YOU YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE WORTH AND THE PRIDE OF HAVING A CHILD....
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by EfemenaXY: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
Taryour, long time - how family life? smiley
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by taryour(f): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
Efemena_xy: Taryour, long time - how family life? smiley

my dear i dey oo,been kinda busy. Family doin very great tnx and yours? This nairaland sef tire me jare,too many sad stories posted everyday like say nothing good happens in this life anymore.... It could be so annoying you know

4 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
taryour: With all this things have been seeing lately on nairaland makes me wanna curse u even more and more but i would just hold my peace,this will surely hunt you till DEATH and worst if that innocent child you sold got into the hands of ritualist.

Or very possibly a homosexual p.edophile. Poor child.

There are some things in this life I can never understand. How a mother can sell her own child to a faceless stranger (in an unknown location!) is one of them.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
I can feel tears welled up in my eyes already. I'm not shedding tears for you but for the innocent poor baby. What a life. I'm just short of words right now, dunno what to even say to you. What a cruel word. I wonder where and how the little angel is right now. . . . .More than smh!!
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Super1759: 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
I guess this story was lifted from a novel or a mag.
1st) u have their phone numbers,so why can't you trace them than telling the public, if you are serious you want the child back.
2) What happened to the 4.m? Was it squandered or did it vanish?

Infact this story is wash

9 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by banom(m): 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ poster,

I can help you find the child. if your story true, and not a waste of one's time here.

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by emekaD3(m): 11:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
WHAT PEOPLE DO FOR MONEY
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Report yourself to the police for aiding traffiking
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Virtueways(f): 11:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
Go public,get ridiculed,abused,cursed-still let the world know about the incident.then go to a priest and confess after that go to God and confess and beg for forgiveness so that when you eventually die you will find peace.

3 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by 2goodbobo(m): 11:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
Money they say is the root of all evil. You knew you would want to have your cake back yet you ate it all!
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Ifetex(m): 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
I tink d mother shuld hv told them 2 swear wit d spirit of d child, 4 them that d child will nt b kill, dat would hv settlle some problem 4 her by nw
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by takeprofit: 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
Take the matter to God. A man of God can help you. There are still some real men of God in town.

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by steffans(m): 12:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Sooo sad........in d first place why did u start spending d money..if u we're as sober as u said..

Pray dat God Will give u Rest and Peace of Mind..

Cuz u will neva knw What d northerners used ur child for..it myt be true d guy is keeping it as a Child..but I doubt much..as N4Million is too much.. Wen baby factories collect 400-450k per baby.....

Run to God if u have Conscience!!!!!
Peace......

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Thanks for the super story, next time I'll just buy hints magazine and read

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by bashr8: 12:04am On Oct 06, 2012
fake magazine news and cheap tabloids
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by yeye4live(m): 12:04am On Oct 06, 2012
Igbo pple re realy greedy dats d truth,u can't see a yoruba person or hausa doing such,I tank God am not ibo dey chase mone wit dier life

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by CyberG: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2012
This story can hardly be believed and I will just have to be FRANK.

1. Are you talking about the same iboland (East) that OnlyLIES, AfamLoser4Eva, Dende, Okenawg0, arzeLITTLE, and other small ibo tribalists have said is London, New York, Paris, Canaan, etc all-in-one? A place where they are all billionaires and better than every other parts of Nigeria who have larger cities, higher GDPs, more education, etc? Some iboz have been lying I think.

2. You say life is difficult in iboland and YES that is TRUE, MOST Nigerians know that. That is why the SW are so gracious; they let iboz into their wide borders and enjoy their culture, education, sophisticatedness, etc founded on thousands of years of evolution on diplomacy but what do your lucky iboz folks do? They abuse their hosts, the reason 30,000+ was killed in the North before ojuku's madness of a war. Chief Obafemi Awolowo who was one of the pillars for an educated, organized society in Nigeria and the SW and from whom benefit a LOT till today instead of being appreciated is being denigrated, NOT that their useless opinions count anyway. Meanwhile, the greatest achievement of ibozx leader ojuku is the killing of 2 small girls as he scrambled to get on a plane to Abidjan as well as leading his sheepish followers to a 3 M+ dead costly war.

3. Does it mean all the ibox billionaires in ibo villages cannot even help? No family to help? No community to help? You could not even tell anyone because they would laugh at you and disgrace you because you only needed a little bit of help to get going? How much was all the help that could have been needed financially? Lots of folks like you moved to the fertile lands of the SW and Northern Nigeria and they end up doing very well, something they could not in iboland. iboz should know they ar just ordinary human beings, no pride in being small today and laughing at your situation, so much you can't even tell them; you sold your flesh for 4 M ?

4. Now though, you've woken up and want your baby back, do you have the 4 M refund of purchase? If this Alhaji (hopefully) kept the baby and he has grown a bit now, do you think it's fair to just give him his money back and take your baby? If you'd offered to just marry him just to be able to keep your baby since you many not even have 4 M, it is your ibo folks that will be the first to curse you again. See where I am going with this?

5. When you were having the hard time, if all you had done was move to Oyo, Lagos, Ogun, Osun, etc; squat with someone while you found a way to start a business with just 25,000; live a decent live, you might in fact be getting ready to marry a decent young man over there in a few short years and have some money of your own. Bottomline is we all know its not easy and stories like these hopefully help iboz to wake-up and stop their self-deception.

5 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by switnjl: 12:11am On Oct 06, 2012
story story!!!

first of all, why will someone pay N4m for a child if he can just go and adopt for free from a children's home?

secondly, what if the one who bought him is going to use him for blood money?

well right now that u've squandered the money I think u should just forget about ur child and wallow in ur guilt.

maybe someday u will get used to it and not feel soo guilty anymore.

also pray that God will forgive u for exchanging the precious gift he gave to u for a mere N4m.

SMH !!!!
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 06, 2012
Enough with the bile people. Those who are judging her even harsher, have you no empathy? Minister better things to her soul than condemnation pls.

3 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by ifyalways(f): 12:16am On Oct 06, 2012
What's eating her up right now? The fact that she is broke right now or the baby ?

When peeps are not ready for a child, they should just go get an abortion or simply use a condom.

2 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by OtunbaGm: 12:17am On Oct 06, 2012
Am sure those guys that came to you are not real police officers and if they are their phone numbers won't be available again.

The best clue to the child is to get those you told you want to sell the child to talking!

The final advise is get pregnant again and give birth to another child, that might erode some of the memories of the sold child.

What resonable thing can one do with FREE money without real sweat? Party,drinks,cars and women/men! God will help you!

3 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by bashr8: 12:17am On Oct 06, 2012
yeye4live: Igbo pple re realy greedy dats d truth,u can't see a yoruba person or hausa doing such,I tank God am not ibo dey chase mone wit dier life
better than a yoruba that will kill their mother

I am sane and I am the murderer, I killed my mum after I discovered that she is a witch and had been sleeping with our 12 year old house help, Segun," Miss Adefisayo said.

She said she was jailed in the US for attempted murder. "I was living in the US and one of my neighbours had an issue with me over the laundry machine. After that issue, I went to jail and I decided to come back to Nigeria."

https://www.nairaland.com/615362/nigerian-girl-kills-mother-sledge

or yoruba men that rape their children

The study conducted in Oyo and Osun states in liasion with a non-governmental organisation showed that 80 per cent of girls in southwest, before attaining age 18, experience sexual violence and abuse while 31 per cent of girls experience sexual violence and abuse before age 13

http://www.punchng.com/feature/tackling-rape-and-sexual-abuse-in-osun/

14 Likes

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by MrLee(m): 12:24am On Oct 06, 2012
U derail a destiny for cash haba mallama u hmmm.....
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 06, 2012
Na wash!!

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by aabdull28: 12:27am On Oct 06, 2012
Pls can anyone in the forum tell me the requirments for the dangote driver interview! I just got the mail that I was invited and to come wit crdentials buh I want to knw frm pple who had already done there's and how itr was pls.my number is 08069221961 just ur text could help a frustrated man get a job. lolx. Tnkss
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by MrLee(m): 12:31am On Oct 06, 2012
I think u use to hear the baby's cry when u are alone it means they might have used him 4 rituals but God 4bid so go 2 a pastor and confess after u should go 2 your parents and tell what what u have done i think u should start 4rm there first and lets c what will happen next.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Owanlen: 12:33am On Oct 06, 2012
You can start by contacting the police men that came to get your child and hope things go well. If they come after you instead then so be it. You are willing to commit suicide anyway...What can they do? Kill you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Quintuplets In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness (Photo) / Why Is Infidelity On The Rise? / I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.