Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? (926 Views)

National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC / PDP Best Government Ever In Nigeria - Bukola Saraki / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
I decided to post this here as it deals with governance and the politics section is the closest section to governance.

I paid for my premium NIN slip this afternoon and was taken to a page where I could download the pdf (ijebu.pdf) but while downloading it, a call came in.
After the call ended, I could neither find the download status bar nor download page again.

I exited the app and logged back in expecting to find the page to download the slip only to discover that I have to pay all over again.
This is frustrating. At least, an email is supposed to be sent to the email attached to the NIN to enable a user download it.
Is there a way forward or do I have to pay another N1,200 for this again?

I wonder if there is anything the Nigerian Government can ever do that is effective, efficient and straightforward.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by budaatum: 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
I hope you know you are the Nigerian responsible for this? I mean, you haven't even bothered to contact them before rubbishing your entire Nigerian self!

Please give yourself a chance and come tell us the result of your wise make Nigeria great action.

Missionaire:
I decided to post this here as it deals with governance and the politics section is the closest section to governance.

I paid for my premium NIN slip this afternoon and was taken to a page where I could download the pdf (ijebu.pdf) but while downloading it, a call came in.
After the call ended, I could neither find the download status bar nor download page again.

I exited the app and logged back in expecting to find the page to download the slip only to discover that I have to pay all over again.
This is frustrating. At least, an email is supposed to be sent to the email attached to the NIN to enable a user download it.
Is there a way forward or do I have to pay another N1,200 for this again?

I wonder if there is anything the Nigerian Government can ever do that is effective, efficient and straightforward.

1 Like

Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by budaatum: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
I bought Word last year. Laptop I put it on broke so I bought another but can't transfer Word, yet.

I called Microsoft. They said they had to cancel the license on the old machine before they could transfer it to the new. Things is, old is kaput. I've even begun cannibalising it for parts, but no can do they said. Got to cancel old before transfer to new.

Of course I'm incensed! A company as huge as non-nigeria Microsoft should be able to cancel a licence or even let me have 2 licenses!

I'll update when I do wise smart Nigeria on them and get my Word on my new.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2021
budaatum:
I hope you know you are the Nigerian responsible for this? I mean, you haven't even bothered to contact them before rubbishing your entire Nigerian self!

Please give yourself a chance and come tell us the result of your wise make Nigeria great action.

I don't really understand what you wrote. The only thing I can understand here is you asking me to contact them first which I have already done.

What makes me wonder is the fact that there is no system put in place by the Nigerian government that has not had very bad issues. It is even annoying when one thinks that these issues are things that are not even supposed to be there. Granted, no system is entirely perfect but there are some things that shouldn't be allowed to exist in our systems especially considering the fact that money and time were spent on building prototypes and making researches.

It is common sense to every tech person or organization building a platform around tech that digital products are supposed to be sent to email addresses. Even ordinary bloggers giving out pirated ebooks to build their email lists know this.
Imperfections should not always equal mediocrity. It should not become normal to us not to plan well before launching something.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Namnam: 12:12am On Dec 15, 2021
They’re building more mines and factories which means infrastructure development so there’s that. I think everyone’s fine with provincial and local governments but just violently wants buhari permanently kicked from office
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by justagirltoo: 5:15am On Dec 15, 2021
Lol...Some people also got empty PDF files..I had to pay 3 times before I could finally download!

Do not expect replies from them too.. Email or chat through the app...

I sent emails, copied all the email addresses on the app and website, Instagram, twitter, .. that was months ago, No reply yet.

Do you also know you get charged each time your card is scanned? and it can only be scanned through the app so it's useless for international identification...

So yes The Nigerian Government can do a lot of things well, it just pays them more to be shady.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 7:20am On Dec 15, 2021
justagirltoo:
Lol...Some people also got empty PDF files..I had to pay 3 times before I could finally download!

Do not expect replies from them too.. Email or chat through the app...

I sent emails, copied all the email addresses on the app and website, Instagram, twitter, .. that was months ago, No reply yet.

Do you also know you get charged each time your card is scanned? and it can only be scanned through the app so it's useless for international identification...

So yes The Nigerian Government can do a lot of things well, it just pays them more to be shady.

This is what I am trying to say. I mean, technology can be that tool that if used rightly can cut down the cost of governance and provide the citizens with better quality and efficient services.

But our government procedures that are digitalized have become worst than the ones that are still the traditional way. Loopholes everywhere that promote corruption and no system for effective accountability.
Incompetence, Mediocrity and Corruption bedevils us as a nation.

1 Like

Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 15, 2021
Missionaire:

This is what I am trying to say. I mean, technology can be that tool that if used rightly can cut down the cost of governance and provide the citizens with better quality and efficient services.

But our government procedures that are digitalized have become worst than the ones that are still the traditional way. Loopholes everywhere that promote corruption and no system for effective accountability.
Incompetence, Mediocrity and Corruption bedevils us as a nation.
No mind that Id!ot wey dey talk trash.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
No mind that Id!ot wey dey talk trash.

Like the example he gave. We can cut Microsoft some slack because they are effective. It is not a norm to them to be ineffective and inefficient and that's why I said no system is perfect.
But same cannot be said of us. Our government has normalized incompetence, inefficiency, mediocrity and corruption so much that anything outside these makes us suspicious.
There is nothing that you want to do in this country as a law abiding citizen that can ever be straightforward. You would be forced to cut corners and be corrupt.

It has become normal for the average Nigerian to be corrupt and no matter how good you want to be, the system has been corrupted to frustrate you.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Charmingrascal(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2021
budaatum:

Contact them?
Through what means exactly?
Is it through their customer complaints line that always says all there reps are busy and they will get back to u which they will never do.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 15, 2021
Missionaire:

Like the example he gave. We can cut Microsoft some slack because they are effective. It is not a norm to them to be ineffective and inefficient and that's why I said no system is perfect.
But same cannot be said of us. Our government has normalized incompetence, inefficiency, mediocrity and corruption so much that anything outside these makes us suspicious.
There is nothing that you want to do in this country as a law abiding citizen that can ever be straightforward. You would be forced to cut corners and be corrupt.

It has become normal for the average Nigerian to be corrupt and no matter how good you want to be, the system has been corrupted to frustrate you.
I registered online to take the Covid-19 vaccine somewhere in Lagos. I signed up around 7pm on that day, can you believe the only available date for me to come and take the shot is that same day I was registering
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
I registered online to take the Covid-19 vaccine somewhere in Lagos. I signed up around 7pm on that day, can you believe the only available date for me to come and take the shot is that same day I was registering

So that you will have to bribe your way to get vaccinated.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Contact them?
Is it through their customer complaints line that always says all there reps are busy and they will get back to u which they will never do.

And to think that there is an ICT unit in NIMC that is supposed to test run this but they fail to. Yet they are being paid fat salaries.
I think public services should be privatise to enable more competitive services to the citizens like how Remita, Interswitch, Flutterwave and Paystack are doing in the FinTech area.

1 Like

Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2021
Missionaire:

So that you will have to bribe your way to get vaccinated.
Nigeria still have a long way to go.

But I do believe Nigerians are not ready for change.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Nigeria still have a long way to go.

But I do believe Nigerians are not ready for change.

The citizens especially civil servants are more corrupt than government political officials.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by justagirltoo: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2021
Missionaire:

And to think that there is an ICT unit in NIMC that is supposed to test run this but they fail to. Yet they are being paid fat salaries.
I think public services should be privatise to enable more competitive services to the citizens like how Remita, Interswitch, Flutterwave and Paystack are doing in the FinTech area.
Even if they don't privatise, these public services can work, they just don't want it to..

More benefits for them if Nigeria remain backwards. I am certain this Nimc thing is on purpose.

Imagine paying for your ID as a citizen? Like that is not enough, you get scammed by the govt while doing so...then paying to be verified as a citizen? Because once the 30credit assigned to your NIN is exhausted, you will have to buy credit, else your data can't be confirmed.. How is this not scam? Nigeria is exactly how they want it to be...
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2021
justagirltoo:
Even if they don't privatise, these public services can work, they just don't want it to..

More benefits for them if Nigeria remain backwards. I am certain this Nimc thing is on purpose.

Imagine paying for your ID as a citizen? Like that is not enough, you get scammed by the govt while doing so...then paying to be verified as a citizen? Because once the 30credit assigned to your NIN is exhausted, you will have to buy credit, else your data can't be confirmed.. How is this not scam? Nigeria is exactly how they want it to be...

You're right. Nigeria is exactly how they want it to be. Many times, I just shake my head when I see government organizing panels up and down about moving forward as a nation. We waste scarce resources to discuss and agree on the things we have already discussed and agreed on years back.

See power for example. There can't be stable electricity because many politicians and top government officials are major importers of generators, fuel and owners of fuel stations.

I know some individuals who have gone to redo their national � so they can reduce their ages. This is not supposed to be possible. But corrupt officials are cashing out.

Nigeria is like a vehicle owner travelling with lots of goods and money and then suddenly has an accident that leaves him in terribly injured and bleeding. Instead of people around To Help the bleeding and weak driver, everybody around is just trying to get their hands on the man's goods and money.

At the end of it all, the average Nigerian does not believe in Nigeria and therefore uses any opportunity that comes his or her way to accumulate wealth for himself and his family.

The government has so scammed the average Nigerian that the average Nigerian has decided to play the game too.
Why die for a country that does not and is not ready to live or exist for you?

1 Like

Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by justagirltoo: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2021
Missionaire:

Why die for a country that does not and is not ready to live or exist for you?
Exactly!!!
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by budaatum: 1:04am On Dec 16, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Contact them?

You find a means. Going to their office with a placard is an option. If you fight for your right you will acquire knowledge and strength and be empowered to join the fight for our collective rights like security and peace and opportunity to do business and travel and do fuq.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by Missionaire: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2021
justagirltoo:

https://www.nairaland.com/6898753/why-it-difficult-obtain-nigerian

Just saw the above thread this morning.
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by justagirltoo: 5:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Missionaire:

https://www.nairaland.com/6898753/why-it-difficult-obtain-nigerian

Just saw the above thread this morning.
lol Normal thing... Nigeria is just all shades of wrong..
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by barryatunde: 5:18am On Aug 17, 2023
sad sad
Re: NIMC, What Can The Nigerian Government Ever Do Well? by miraolakunle: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
angry

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About The So-called Nothern Portesters. / Black Soot Situation In PH / What Is Wrong With Portharcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.