Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? (3502 Views)

Why Are Girls From Rich Homes More Appreciative? / Why Are Girls Attracted To This Guy (photos) / What Girls Considered Hot In Guys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 16, 2021
Why do African men and women consider only black girls with eurocentric features to be beautiful?

Western beauty idea:

Having long hair
Having light skin
Large eyes
Small nose
High cheekbones...

For example:

Women from East Africa are regarded as the most beautiful black African women...

Reference:

https://www.nairaland.com/6897085/most-beautiful-among-these-african

While North African are the number 1 choice... In terms of beauty because they are white...

Compared to West and South African women...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by gistray: 1:01am On Dec 16, 2021
You have listed Al the answers yet still asking the question.

Why do you consider garri added with sugar, groundnut and milk sweet... But consider Garri added salt and palmkannel not sweet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 16, 2021
Bantu women in East and North African countries... But the media doesn't do them justice...

And black men around the world do not care... Because they favour those who look Arab... undecided

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 16, 2021
gistray:
You have listed Al the answers yet still asking the question.

Why do you consider garri added with sugar, groundnut and milk sweet... But consider Garri added salt and palmkannel not sweet

Isn't it stupid to hate on people who look like you?

This statement of yours, it proves that you consider your own features to be inferior to the Europeans...

Why?

You hate on your own dark skin... So you prefer the lighter skin and even seek it out...

Same with your hair, and lips and nose and forehead and statue...

Slave mentality? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by gistray: 1:07am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:

This statement of yours, it proves that you consider your own features to be interior to the Europeans...

Why?

You hate on your own dark skin... So you prefer the lighter skin and even seek it out...

Madam I never said black beautiful... What is ugly is ugly.

That is why ugly as a word is in the dictionary.

To describe the state of something if it isn't appealing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 16, 2021
Dark Ethiopian women who were delibrately ignored... Yet beautiful...

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 16, 2021
gistray:

Madam I never said black beautiful... What is ugly is ugly.

That is why ugly as a word is in the dictionary.

To describe the state of something if it isn't appealing.

What can't you understand?

You say black isn't beautiful... Your opinion...

But you do realise that it shows your inferiority complex?! undecided

I mean, compared to a white man... You would be regarded as ugly...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by gistray: 1:14am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
What can't you understand?

You say black isn't beautiful... Your opinion...

But you do realise that it shows your inferiority complex?! undecided

I mean, compared to a white man... You would be regarded as ugly...

Ilamina my baby.

Those girls up there a very beautiful
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 16, 2021
An extremely biased world... undecided

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 16, 2021
gistray:

Ilamina my baby.

Those girls up there a very beautiful
I'm not ilamina...
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Bantu women is Somalia... No one seems to know that they exist... undecided

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by gistray: 1:21am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm not ilamina...
You're Ilamina 100% lol
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 16, 2021
Miss Amazigh (Morocco)... 2015...

She dealt with racism... Yet no black man would defend her and fight in favour of black Moroccan girls being chosen to represent the African nation... They still ignore their plight... embarassed

1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:56am On Dec 16, 2021
gistray:
You're Ilamina 100% lol
no
Ilamna posts is like someone that was decked an uppercut then whose mouth was shifted to one side of the face with a heavy blow
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by illicit(m): 5:27am On Dec 16, 2021
Fulani Herds gals
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Kobicove(m): 5:28am On Dec 16, 2021
It's mainly due to inferiority complex among African who believe that everything that's imported from the west is better than what is homegrown on African soil

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by MufasaLion: 6:36am On Dec 16, 2021
grin grin grin

I'm here to watch the debate only.
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by CrownOfClay724: 7:08am On Dec 16, 2021
It has something to do with colonialism and media.

And I'll try to explain.

You know our people went through a lot in the hands of the colonial masters.
Day in day out, they were whipped, made to do condescending things and rilled with the belief that they were subhumans and not at par with the white man?
That Ot stuck like glue!

On media, I'll say a lot of people don't know the influence of the media on the society.
They don't know that the media can singlehandedly shape the outlook of a society on any phenomen.

For years, we were conditioned to see beauty as white and to see dirt and filthiness as black.
To picture God as white and devil as a man with my own kind of skin but with two horns , monstrous gbola and a tail between his legs.
To see things the way they want us to see and to not see what they don't want us to see.

Black only started being beautiful recently.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Rickmann: 7:22am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
Why do African men and women consider only black girls with eurocentric features to be beautiful?

Western beauty idea:

Having long hair
Having light skin
Large eyes
Small nose
High cheekbones...

For example:

Women from East Africa are regarded as the most beautiful black African women...

Reference:

While North African are the number 1 choice... In terms of beauty because they are white...

That's what I call real beauty..
"Untainted"..

All of them girls hiding under Makeups. You can't fool everyone o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Jeon(f): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2021
yeah..
EAST AND NORTH AFRICA ARE ALWAYS GIVING BIRTH TO GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE.
gringrin
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2021
I don’t care what Harvard dictionary says, the only thing that should be considered Eurocentric features are narrow nose, thin monkey lips, blue/green/hazel eyes, blonde hair, pig (pasty white) skin.
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Rickmann: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:

Western beauty idea:

Having long hair
Having light skin
Large eyes
Small nose
High cheekbones...

For example:

Reference:

When God created man, he sat back looked at him and he (man) was pleasing to his eyes.

In my opinion, beauty hasn't Got so much to do with race cos every race has beautiful people.

So it's either you have it or you don't.

That's why I laugh when I see ladies turning their faces into a painting canvas all in the name of making up. Well , so sorry cos not every guy falls for that.

Reno Omokri once said..
"do not marry a lady you have never seen without make up"

So true.

I come in piece
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2021
CrownOfClay724:
It has something to do with colonialism and media.

And I'll try to explain.

You know our people went through a lot in the hands of the colonial masters.
Day in day out, they were whipped, made to do condescending things and rilled with the belief that they were subhumans and not at par with the white man?
That Ot stuck like glue!

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by AndroBlaze: 9:29am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:

Western beauty idea:

Having long hair
Having light skin
Large eyes
Small nose
High cheekbones...

For example:

Reference:

What is beautiful is beautiful, please learn to have some self esteem.

First of all the North African girl did not have the most likes there, the Ethiopian girl did and rightly so giving the crumbs to choose from in that pitiful gallery.

African men and European men do not share the same sense of what makes a woman truly attractive, unless by now all African women would have been looking underfed with bones protruding everywhere and no shape.

We have largely remained faithful to our ancestors, thats why people like the model here Sanchoka (with her equally attractive mother) will 7 out of 10 be an African man's choice even if you gave him a so called pale underfed whiteskinned beauty.

In fact, with the way white girls are trying to have fuller shapes, look darker and more ethnic, I think the African perception of beauty is winning.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Judybash93(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2021
Big yansh no be European quality

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Demigod22: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:

This statement of yours, it proves that you consider your own features to be interior to the Europeans...

Why?

A civilize mind will understand that people have choices, stop being sentimental and bringing race into everything. If I am an African and I don't like African women, that's not a sin but a choice. And it is called inferior not interior. The world have grown beyond negretitude.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 16, 2021
Demigod22:

A civilize mind will understand that people have choices, stop being sentimental and bringing race into everything. If I am an African and I don't like African women, that's not a sin but a choice. And it is called inferior not interior. The world have grown beyond negretitude.
I didn't judge him for having preferances... Don't be delibrately silly...

With his statement, he made it seem at though Eurocentric features are superior.. that whole garri ish... That's what I condemned...

It's cool to like someone of a different race, even I do... Not even sure I'm attracted to black men as much as I am to men of other races...

But I don't think I would ever look down on African men (Bantu)... Because they look like me... Get it?

If you say, 'I like white girls'... That's perfect.

If you say, 'I like white girl because black girls are ugly'... That's self-loathing...

Because you ain't white... The features of these black women you hate... You got them too...

Autocorrect... I type really fast... Genius... Something a kid would understand... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Boomboost(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
I didn't judge him for having preferances... Don't be delibrately silly...

With his statement, he made it seem at though Eurocentric features are superior.. that whole garri ish... That's what I condemned...

It's cool to like someone of a different race, even I do... Not even sure I'm attracted to black men as much as I am to men of other races...

But I don't think I would ever look down on African men (Bantu)... Because they look like me... Get it?

If you say, 'I like white girls'... That's perfect.

If you say, 'I like white girl because black girls are ugly'... That's self-loathing...

Because you ain't white... The features of these black women you hate... You got them too...

Autocorrect... I type really fast... Genius... Something a kid would understand... undecided

We have some very feminine black women, my cousin is a good example but...

White women generally seem more in that regard, blame it on History and Greco-Roman art and sculpture. Nonetheless, black women are goddesses in the eyes of some and it's white women in another's perspective. Beauty is relative and subjective, no let am stress you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by posty56: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2021
have you seen white people coming out to say white is beautiful? no they don't give a f**k , if you no worth you won't be stressing yourself, as for me I don't give a f**k I want to date white person.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2021
Free mode grin grin
Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Truvelisback(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2021
Datboredberry:

Western beauty idea:

Having long hair
Having light skin
Large eyes
Small nose
High cheekbones...

For example:

Reference:

I'm not that way. Ur good character or behaviour is my 1st attraction b4 ur physical body features. The facial beauty, big ass, nice boobs, height, etc are just additional.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Girls Considered Beautiful Mostly If They Have Eurocentric Features? by Hintona(f): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
posty56:
have you seen white people coming out to say white is beautiful? no they don't give a f**k , if you no worth you won't be stressing yourself, as for me I don't give a f**k I want to date white person.

That's because their features have never been looked down on as ugly silly!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Fateful Sunday, After Church Service~ / I Was Suprised To Hear This From Her. / Ladies Staring At A Guy-what Does It Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.