Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend (26542 Views)

If I Should Slap My Daughter-in-law, She Must Slap Me Back - Aisha Yesufu / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by byteem: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2021
T
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by lagosrd: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2021
Bandit counsellor
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Bouncin(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2021
The counselor is damn lucky he's a man. So lucky undecided
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by RodgersAkpafu: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2021
ANON333:
The relationship between a woman and her mother in-law is instinctive. Women recognize they're all opportunists. The mother knows this new woman in her son's life could only truly love her own offsprings and is only with her son cause of what he has.

You may be right
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2021
Juanmike:
Onyi22 is that you?
No!
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2021
pquaver:

Talk wey mumu
And you are the mumu here. If you are not a sentimental fool, you should be tackling the original progenitor of the talk,not me.
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by snoopz: 11:51am On Dec 16, 2021
on the contrary be nice to help your case with your in-laws, you're taking their son/daughter away from them
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Hassanmaye(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2021
Oblongata:
Fear women!

I am sure all women want their husbands to treat their mothers as their mother, but for them to treat the husband’s mother as their mother mba!
That gender!
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Psoul(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
DirtyGold:
Grammar - Use of words is something one needs to play attention to.

He didn't say don't be nice to your MIL, he said you don't have to.
Just like you don't have to like your boss but, respect and reverence must be constant.

Replace the word "friend" with "playmate" and it will make better sense.

Not foolish but, unnecessary.
I understand that this is an emotional topic and sentiments abounds. I bet that majority of the people commenting did so in reaction to the sensationalized headline... Not the content.
To you

Why not? A lot of people don't realise that they spend majority of their waking hours at their jobs even more than with their spouses! It is unusual for a MIL/FIL to be part of your day - everyday! While your boss is inescapable virtually everyday except on Sundays.
And that employer-employee relationship directly provides you tangible and intangible benefits besides finance. At best, your MIL/FIL will only provide you indirect intangible benefits.

To reiterate the initial point of this thread with a different analogy, you don't have to be friends with your neighbours but, maintain a cordial relationship such that you can greet each other good morning without either of you squeezing your face.
What's tha business?

Well you tried in clearing your point, but I still do not agree wt you on your two analogies.

MIL/FIL relationship is more knitted than that of Employer/Employee or neighbour neighbour relationship.
You can chose who to be your boss or who to be your neighbour.
You can decide to quit any at anytime without having to answer many questions from anyone.
Once you chose to marry your partner, the MIL/FIL becomes permanent. You can't quit them from that status.
So you need to be more friendlier to either MIL/FIL for you to have a more saner or peaceful life.
You can quit a troublesome neighbour or get off a job with troublesome boss. You can't do same with MIL/FIL even if you chose to live far away from them, you will still feel their echo especially wen their child is more attached to them. MIL/FIL is blood linked.
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Juanmike(m): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by ImaIma1(f): 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2021
That would be an issue if she's nice to me and treats me as she would her daughter.

If she's troublesome, I'll love her from far.
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by DirtyGold: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2021
Psoul:

Well you tried in clearing your point, but I still do not agree wt you on your two analogies.

MIL/FIL relationship is more knitted than that of Employer/Employee or neighbour neighbour relationship.
You can chose who to be your boss or who to be your neighbour.
You can choose your MIL/FIL too. Haven't you heard girls say they don't want to marry a guy whose mother is still alive? Haven't you heard of relationships ending because parents are enemies?
You can decide to quit any at anytime without having to answer many questions from anyone.
Once you chose to marry your partner, the MIL/FIL becomes permanent. You can't quit them from that status.
Wrong! There's always a choice and divorce is very popular now. Thanks to the feminist movement. It isn't a permanent arrangement and if there isn't that option of separation, it is bondage in which case, the spouse/MIL/FIL is an actual lord and saviour. cheesy
So you need to be more friendlier to either MIL/FIL for you to have a more saner or peaceful life.
Wrong! You NEED to show them reverence and respect. Friendliness is optional
You can quit a troublesome neighbour or get off a job with troublesome boss.
You can't do same with MIL/FIL even if you chose to live far away from them you will still feel their echo especially wen their child is more attached to them.
You can quit any relationship or marriage at any time and for whatever ridiculous reason you choose to do so
MIL/FIL is blood linked
Biggest fallacy! You're not even blood linked to your spouse. Blood relationship is biological, not emotional or sentimental. What you share with your spouse and his/her family is family ties which can be severed at any time too. Nothing is absolute or cast in stone.

What's tha business?
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by HoneyWholesaler: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hmmm

P.S. For the least expensive wholesaler of original undiluted HONEY straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by DebbieSylvex(f): 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2021
angry nothing ryt about D's statement..... it's allowed to bond with your mother-inlaw.... just as ur husband has become one flesh with you,his family becomes yours and vise-versa
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Nickymichy(m): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
If you don't know what to say, say nothing
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Vivian16: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Home breaker
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by deeplive1: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Sorry to shock u... Me n my mother in-law are best of friends tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by mrblessed(m): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2021
Anything, no matter how outrageous and senseless, to stupidly trend. Enjoy your one week fame.
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Nekky5(f): 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Deceitful counselling! Why did you not start with 'son in laws, do be nice to your father in laws,You cannot be his friend' What goes around comes around!!!!
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
shocked
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

As in ehnnn
Stupid talk from stupid relationships counselor
Me personally ehnnn....before I marry any woman I will rent an apartment for my mother and the woman....and they are going to stay in that apartment together for nine months....if during that nine months they don't get along then ain't gonna marry that woman
Don’t stop there. Take your mom along to the hotel room on your wedding night too so she can measure your wife’s vagina before sex.
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by Ifogift007: 6:33am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Cyril George Carsten: Don't Be Nice To Your Mother-In-Law, She Isn't Your Friend by nanora: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
Don't get married wink
idol net worth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones / Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.