Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) (37941 Views)

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) / Best Studio For Passport Photos For Canadian Pr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2021
Femolacaster:

Good morning, pls how much did you get yours in Ibadan?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2021
Lavisha:
It is very hard to obtain a Naija passport because of Buhari

The Abokki basterd has basterdised everything.

In Kogi, it cos 60k and you'll get it in one week.
So sad.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by fastseo: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

Who fails to plan, plans to fail.

What makes you think you can urgently obtain a Nigerian passport officially?

They don't have the booklets. What other explanation (s) do you expect? This problem has lingered for years but got worse after covid started. So you should have planned better for the disappointment.

/

It has nothing to do with planning.
It's corruption, if you don't bribe no one will answer you. They will just be telling you that no booklets etc.

the stress of standing in the sun, transportation each day to their office etc will tell on you

I did mine and paid more money, before one week I received a call from the lady that its ready.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by iamme1234(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2021
It's hard to get the passport because Nigeria is now Visa free to turkey and kuwait
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by fastseo: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021
iamme1234:
It's hard to get the passport because Nigeria is now Visa free to turkey and kuwait
Where did u get that from
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by elasticlala: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

I really don’t know the kind of useless leaders we have in this country. How can something as important as international passport be this hard to get?
I got a job outside the country since September & haven’t been able to leave because the renewal of my passport has become a bottleneck in it.
Getting so annoying on daily basis. And I ask myself a question; is this actually better than the days of King Pharaoh ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Everything in this country is connection..just know someone and you will realise getting a nigerian passport is like buying a sim card.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by ultimateprof: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Who Nigeria passport help?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Kay25(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
It is hard cos u are a Nigerian who is trying to be formal in all u do..get an insider give them money ur passport would come out asap
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by iamme1234(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
fastseo:

Where did u get that from

Reliable source
In ass-hole rock
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by MelaninGemstone(f): 7:58am On Dec 17, 2021
willexyaho:
Personally I am still wondering how I was able to get mine the same day that I applied
Please, which immigration office ? And how much did you pay

I need a passport renewal urgently
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by duncanmighty: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2021
1 week at kogi? Damn 60k is it 64pages
Lavisha:

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by raphy(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2021
They have lock everyone inside the country not to travel out again only the rich and powerful can do tht .we need to come out and protest be this shit housery or else we will remain dumb in this shit hole.

Our mumu don do.

Make una come out enmass and shout at this scammers called immigration.

Who is with me on this ?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by BelovedofLord: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Coolsperm:
Cos Nigeria was not supposed to be one country in the first place couple with the fact that it will soon collapse
Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my FATHER in heaven, has!

About the collapse, the LORD is in perfect control of the matter and mind you, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do to reverse, it!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by LaSenior: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Avoid anything online when it involves the federal government of Nigeria

Dem tell you another thing online still come offline come yarn another trash

I always prefer Face to Face dealing with anything federal government inside

Dem don scam you oooo

Who still dey apply passport online .... Dem don tell you another story your don clear that Nigeria is not for you
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by tete7000(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2021
@Odewaleasesoye,it is deliberately made difficult so that you can be forced to seek it the crooked way. When you are ready to play their corrupt game, you will get the same passport in 24hrs.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2021
na u no wan bribe officials...corrupt nation
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by cliqtips: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2021
wow..
do you know people won't mind paying that amount to get it in that 1 week ?

The system is so badddd....

Lavisha:

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Nnannapat(m): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

I understand you.
My name is known everywhere.
Why do I need to hide my name?
Even my username is my name.
Merely typing that username online will give you my details.
I only posted my name and other details were cancelled out.
Thanks for your observation.
Don't mind all those over sabi busy body, if you are not into crime or do not intend to be in the nearest future, why should you be afraid of outsiders knowing your full details. Most celebrities and politicians full names and even home towns and state of origins were known to the public, so have they suffered identity theft?

Baba to your question, if you need Nigerian Passport urgently, better go for the 64 pages 10 years variants( the demand is low, so the booklet is always available) you can get it done in 5 days in any Northern states capital, Don't pay online, just pay what they ask you to pay on the spot, I did mine in Kano for 70K and it took only 4 days.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Whitelion535: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2021
I applied for my passport since October 2021 I was told the booklet is not available but I was ask if I pay some money I will get it i didn’t give them the money and up till now have not get any passport from them
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2021
MaverickA3:

How is that possible for your passport to be ready in 3 days after application? Maybe you should read again and understand what I post before you reply.
Moreso, there are two types of application,
Fresh and Renewal
I repeat my fresh application at Ikoyi in 2014, applied on Monday picked it on Wednesday.

Renewal at Alausa office around April, I paid for 64 pages after waiting for a week they said it's due to lack 64 page booklet. They said if I need it urgently all I need is to write a letter to pick the available 32 page instead while stating in the letter that I'm not being coerced to switch and I'm ready to forfeit the difference in price. I picked the 32 page booklet the day after writing this letter I didn't pay any additional sum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Cti28(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2021
Jolomenas:

Must you blame abokis for everything?
Stupid useless man
Don't mind him. To be honest, most Nigerian politicians are saints when compared to it's Citizens.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Tutu19: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

I understand you.
My name is known everywhere.
Why do I need to hide my name?
Even my username is my name.
Merely typing that username online will give you my details.
I only posted my name and other details were cancelled out.
Thanks for your observation.
u are humble o. I envy ur humility. If na me, the attack on that guy would have been massive. God pls make me humble and patient
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) by Whitelion535: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2021
The most corrupt sector of the government right now . Why is everybody asking for bribe in government offices why ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Train Crushes Trapped Trailer In Lagos, Two Die, Others Injured / Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures / Man's Car Hit By A Speeding Train In Ogun While Coming From Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.