Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House (20531 Views)

Class Of 1999 are Back In Power As Akande, Odili and Ibori Welcome Tinubu To PHC / Herdsmen: Tinubu Silent Because He Does Not Want To Offend Buhari - Adebanjo / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Ademola47(m): 6:22am On Dec 18, 2021
Tinubu silent as Akande, Adebanjo trade words over Lekki house

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has chosen silence as the leader of pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Ayo Adebanjo; and former Interim APC National Chairman, Bisi Akande trade words over the sponsorship of Abebanjo’s Lekki house.

Akande in his 559-page autobiography titled ‘My Participations’, launched in Lagos on December 9, 2021, had claimed that the 93-year-old Afenifere leader pestered Tinubu to build him (Adebanjo) a house in Lekki, where he now resides.

Akande on Page 415 alleged, “One day, Sir Olaniwun (Ajayi) was launching a book at Muson Centre, Lagos. After the book presentation, Tinubu said I should not go and that he would like to see me. We met in a small room where he also invited Sir Olaniwun Ajayi. ‘Papa, you can see that this document is old, Tinubu said as he handed over a big envelope to Ajayi. This is your C of O (Certificate of Occupancy)!’

“Tinubu told me later that after he presented Adebanjo’s C of O to him, Adebanjo was always pestering Tinubu until he helped built a house on the plot. The street was also named in honour of Adebanjo and he is living in that house now at Lekki Phase One.”

Akande, in the book, also attacked former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo; a former Minister of External Affairs, Chief Tom Ikimi; and other elder statesmen who were critical of the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Reacting at a press conference on Thursday, December 16, 2021, exactly a week after, Adebanjo said it was shocking that Tinubu had yet to set the records straight on the allegation made by Akande despite that the former Lagos governor once praised him (Adebanjo) for his “incorruptibility and strength of character”.

The elder statesman said, “A lot has been said in the press and the social media to demolish tantrums. But I owe a duty to myself and to put the record straight for posterity about the big lie that Bola Tinubu built my house in Lekki for me. I therefore deny categorically that my house at Lekki was built with my resources through the sale of three developed properties, loan from GTBank and the sale of undeveloped landed property given me by my late leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, of blessed memory.”

Efforts to get the comments of Tinubu on Friday through his Media Aide, Tunde Rahman, proved abortive as he neither took calls nor replied a text message as of press time.

The Punch

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by SmartProf(m): 6:28am On Dec 18, 2021
These old men shouldn't be disturbing the country with worthless controversies...I wonder how building a house for someone became an important recall for another to add to his book...it shows you the petty things that made the content of the book. The book may even contain how Tinubu gifted to Adebanjo, the first shaving stick he owned.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by insidelife22(m): 6:48am On Dec 18, 2021
this bet9ja guy above me,you no dey tire,if I use the vex of all the money wey bet9ja don chop me catch you,you will know there is a difference between the older Buhari and Younger Buhari,and that is age.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by hisexcellency34: 6:53am On Dec 18, 2021
He knows Akande lied

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by helinues: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2021
I just love the maturity Tinubu always display whenever he is being accused of something he never did.

Really learning

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by ThEGodFaThEr106: 7:01am On Dec 18, 2021
Tinubu dares not say anything because he knows that Bisi Akande's book "My participation" is an autobiography full of lies.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by ThEGodFaThEr106: 7:02am On Dec 18, 2021
helinues:
I just love the maturity Tinubu always display whenever he is being accused of something he never did.

Really learning
Shaarap! What is there to speak about when he knows Bisi Akande is a pathological liar.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by yanabasee2: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2021
helinues:

Really learning

On a normal... Tinubu doesn't like his dirty linen displayed but will go as far as using his thugs or his political allies to fight... He's never matured.... His silence is political... At this stage, he's just being careful to avoid anything that will disqualify him from the race. .

Even though, I will want him to become the president come 2023...

Tinubu will divide this country... Or he will ensure that the North will not be the people to decide who becomes the next president...

Tinubu is a game changer... He's someone I'd love to study...

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by helinues: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Shaarap! What is there to speak about when he knows Bisi Akande is a pathological liar.

Are you always in an angry mood.

Haba, Even on weekend

Hian

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by fregeneh(m): 7:27am On Dec 18, 2021
helinues:

Really learning

You mean he never build house for adebanjo?

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by itsme01: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2021
cool

Tinubu created Lekki Phase one housing scheme, and for Pa Adebanjo to comfortable have a street named after him and own a massion without any meaningful occupation then Tinubu gifted him

Adebanjo is now on Atiku's payroll so expect him to deny like Mr ibu

Tinubu won't say a word because if he wants he can revoke Adebanjos Cof O through Sanwo-Olu and turn the house to a poultry farm

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by helinues: 7:29am On Dec 18, 2021
fregeneh:

You mean he never build house for adebanjo?

Are you the contractor that built the said house?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:38am On Dec 18, 2021
Shebi Tinubu no fit use him own mouth talk undecided him come send an old man like Akande message!

Na Akande talk wetin him no sabi! Na him go face the muzik

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by omenkaLives(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2021
You just gotta respek that man. Shrewd as a folklore turtle. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Iliveforever(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2021
This tribe is just funny grin grin

One minute they sound united and strong, next second they’re fighting and wanting to mine each other’s skull..

I laugh in Ibadan

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by emmalexdboy(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2021
His silence is definitely political. All these old men won't go and rest and leave politics for the youths. Always craving for power even at their old ages, chai!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Triangles1(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2021
Tinubu should succumb to baba if not..........
Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Urbanchampion: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2021
Wetin una want make he talk?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by StreetFight: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Big men don't shout.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by lapo(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Even if Tinubu no talk, na news.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Akande, a useless thief

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by StreetFight: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
lapo:
Even if Tinubu no talk, na news.

There is no news bigger than Tinubu from 1999 till date.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Eriokanmi: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2021
I can't believe Pa Adebanjo is almost 100 years and still looking this fresh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by StreetFight: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I can't believe Pa Adebanjo is almost 100 years and still looking this fresh

He isn't smoking what FFK, Kemi Olunloyo, Ishaq Akintola, Lie Mohammed, Tinubu and Buhari are smoking.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by StreetFight: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:
Akande, a useless thief

You may not be too wrong, but you can also not deny the fact that he is Africa's most prolific political strategist. The father of modern day democratic abracadabra.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by omoiyamayor(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2021
Why won’t adebanjo die supporting restructuring, they are all responsible for Nigeria failure, someone told me he was shocked to listen to obasanjo advocating for One Nigeria, what do you expect from a man that committed crime against humanity during the Biafra war and in the Niger delta, if they suddenly give up on Nigeria they will end up at The Hague.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Silent As Akande, Adebanjo Trade Words Over Lekki House by Praktikals(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2021
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly / President Buhari Promising To Help Ghana Fight Corruption (Video) / Osun Elderly Decry APC Performance In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.