Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President (39997 Views)

36-year-Old Gabriel Boric Sworn In As President Of Chile / Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) / Kentucky Elects Dog Wilbur As Mayor In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Wijoj: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
Now that's a country with foresight. Not Nigeria that believes only the old can country not minding the fact that these old cargos don't have any fresh ideas anymore
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by drealzum(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2021
backbencher:

SO, seriously, what are you guys doing about getting into politics so that you can be the first 35 year old to become president of NIgeria?

Apart from complaining and grousing on Nairaland.?

Boric is president of CHile because he went out, joined a political party, and sweated day and night to get there. People like you don't go out, do the hard work, spend the money, and so forth, so that you can become president, and make a change....because really, we are getting tired of Buhari, TInubu, and company, and we want fresh blood.

But no, you guys come here on Niaraland, cry all day long, and on election day, go and vote for the same old, same old. And when a young NIgerian decides to try his hand at campaigning, you people mock him. When some of us tell you about other parties and candidates apart from Jagaban, and Atiku and OBi, and Buhari...you people mock and laugh.

Leave this site, deactivate your account, and go and join a party. Be our country's Boric. Stop complaining about the mannequin in Aso ROck, whom, as much as I regret his being there, at least spent 13 years of his life and money sweating to be there. Many of us just cry and cry on this site about what our leaders should be doing...while we won't go out there and do the hard work.

And don't come singing about Hausas, powerful elites, and so forth will stop any of you. Boric beat an old man who was favored heavily by the elite, and probably by the USA. And it is not like Chile is a perfect country....they have issues aplenty like Nigeria.

NO food for lazy person.

Young people complain here because that's all they can do. I read an article sometimes back that you need at least 2 billion to become a Governor in Nigeria. How many youths can afford that? Where is the favorable government policy that will allow you make such big profit?
Unfortunately, some of the young people that I know campaigning are not different from the old guys. Yahaya Bello is one example. Don't blame the youths here who mock him.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Godmademan(m): 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
If you still believe that Nigeria has a bright future, you are still sleeping. Wake up!!!
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Ezeeboiy: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2021
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Marisujuaku(f): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
See a country that works. Meanwhile, somewhere in a country, they're packaging another 86 year old man to rule as president. Our mumu no too much
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
...increasing taxes and social spending in a country with one of the world’s largest gaps between rich and poor.....

Nigeria need this formula asap
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by koolaid87: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
Another bright mind that will adopt bitcoin

Lets go
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Friend22(m): 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
babasolution:
Here 35years old are doing BMC and swagga for ancestors,Nigerians deserve no pity

Go and siddon joor.
Always quick to jump to conclusions.
Let's wait and see what he has to offer.
This was how you people where celebrating Macron and today how far?
Is France doing better than America and Russia who has far older presidents?.

Nigerians will always show their short sightedness anytime serious issues come up.

I am not supporting anyone because of age(Just like the not too serious guy leading kogi state),I support people based on what the can offer.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Friend22(m): 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Ruling a country no be by been young or old.

Next news

Tell these loud mouths abeg.

People are just too fixated on old age.

Ask Anericans to judge between "Young" Obama and Donald Trump ;Americans will easily choose Donald ,because he did far better than Obomber sorry,Obama.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Friend22(m): 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
treesun:

Young brings new ideas!

Like the way Macron is running France now with nre ideas in it?
Abeg joor.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Friend22(m): 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Thanos5555:
Hmm it's possible, just that those northerners and head slamming Afonja's will rather die than for developments To happen

You no fes get sense shaa.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
And here we are waiting for brown tooth grandpa BAT to suceed another old pa buhari
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by babasolution: 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
Friend22:

Go and siddon joor.
Always quick to jump to conclusions.
Let's wait and see what he has to offer.
This was how you people where celebrating Macron and today how far?
Is France doing better than America and Russia who has far older presidents?.

Nigerians will always show their short sightedness anytime serious issues come up.

I am not supporting anyone because of age(Just like the not too serious guy leading kogi state),I support people based on what the can offer.

We need a generational change in leadership in Nigeria, many people don't know how critical it is to have generational change in leadership periodically whether it turns out good or bad.These European countries learn and compete from each other,while America wants to maintain its position in the world,this prompts the overall decisions and directions of leadership, meanwhile in Africa we don't compete with other or others the old rulers want to keep they status quo of debasement of Africans for their selfish gains.A yahaya Bello is better than a buhari anyday anytime.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Joelobioha(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
Buhari dey look oo

1 Like

Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Babaken(m): 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Here in my country some foolish people are campaigning for 90 years old man.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by calcal: 12:52am On Dec 21, 2021
samix5050:
Our system doesn't allows the youths to have a say in politics, but we can still rise and tell our grandfathers enough is enough, we don't want to be slaves to them anymore

But some youths are useless sha

Do you have a system?

Do you know why your system doesn't allow the youth?
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:40am On Dec 21, 2021
Worksunlimited:

You need help
Lol! Aww,really touched some raw nerves.You are the one who need help,because if you were not mentally deranged,you wouldn't carry my comment personally. Maybe you are one of the 35 yo people fooling around with no sense of purpose and direction in their lives.
Compound-complex,aggravated sentimental fool.
Please check your mental imbalance before you go totally overboard, slowpoke.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:42am On Dec 21, 2021
BlackfireX:

Shut up that ya gutter mouth there
You can't do anything, just like a corpse can't. Sentimental fool.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by freshalien: 6:23am On Dec 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Gibberish

Alaye swerve jawe

Mr. Gibberish, I dey here; full ground remain!
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2021
drealzum:

Young people complain here because that's all they can do. I read an article sometimes back that you need at least 2 billion to become a Governor in Nigeria. How many youths can afford that? Where is the favorable government policy that will allow you make such big profit?
Unfortunately, some of the young people that I know campaigning are not different from the old guys. Yahaya Bello is one example. Don't blame the youths here who mock him.

That's all true, but complaining on Nairaland won't change things either

On a site which less than 2 million people visit
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Worksunlimited: 7:14am On Dec 21, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! Aww,really touched some raw nerves.You are the one who need help,because if you were not mentally deranged,you wouldn't carry my comment personally. Maybe you are one of the 35 yo people fooling around with no sense of purpose and direction in their lives.
Compound-complex,aggravated sentimental fool.
Please check your mental imbalance before you go totally overboard, slowpoke.

You need help even more, Arrow!
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2021
Worksunlimited:

Lol! And you need help even more,sentimental fool.Hahaha
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2021
Worksunlimited:

Dumb nitwit,go and take charge of your mental imbalance before replying me.Arrow.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by RodgersAkpafu: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2021
Doyin2:

Self illusion .

What new ideas has Yahaya Bello introduced in governance that older ones like Sanwo Olu,ElRufai,,Zulum,Wike,etc ,never have?

Presidency is not a technical position,it is a leadership position that requires a lot of leadership experience.

Let the young occupy the technical positions,like law making, minister of finance,agric,technology,budget and financial planning,etc.

A 35yr old can only become the CEO of his own or family company, it is very rare to see a 35yr old becoming the CEO of a public or well structured company.You must pass through the ranks and that comes with years of work and leadership experience.

Your mindset in antiquated.

A 35 year old can be the CEO of a well structured company
This is common place especially in the USA
So what are you talking about ?
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Friend22(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2021
babasolution:

We need a generational change in leadership in Nigeria, many people don't know how critical it is to have generational change in leadership periodically whether it turns out good or bad.These European countries learn and compete from each other,while America wants to maintain its position in the world,this prompts the overall decisions and directions of leadership, meanwhile in Africa we don't compete with other or others the old rulers want to keep they status quo of debasement of Africans for their selfish gains.A yahaya Bello is better than a buhari anyday anytime.

My simple question would be,have you been yo Kogi state?
I know you will say security bla bla bla.
Have you actually been to Kogi state?

You think I do age and generational hogwash argument that comes off as sound bites.
I am in my early thirties and I can tell you for free that,age is not a major factor for purposeful leadership.

As youthful as Obama was he was unable to achieve what DT achieved in one tenure .

So,Oga leave age aside.
It's very easy to shout youth,youth, youth.

The following years shall tell.
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by babasolution: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
Friend22:

My simple question would be,have you been yo Kogi state?
I know you will say security bla bla bla.
Have you actually been to Kogi state?

You think I do age and generational hogwash argument that comes off as sound bites.
I am in my early thirties and I can tell you for free that,age is not a major factor for purposeful leadership.

As youthful as Obama was he was unable to achieve what DT achieved in one tenure .

So,Oga leave age aside.
It's very easy to shout youth,youth, youth.

The following years shall tell.

Am from kogi state ,past old governors were worse, the economy was generally good back then plus salary were being paid,nothing else was done.Besides you can't judge all young people based on a few performances, in fact yahaya Bello was selected because the establishment knew that he will perform terribly and descredit emerging young leaders
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Depsui(m): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
ImDStar:
Baba, let's start reasoning well o, that guy is saying the truth o, why would someone with common sense be drumming support for the likes of Buhari and Tinubu.

Isn't that surprising?
Reason am now.

But it's okay to support Atiku that is a youth right?
Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by Tundex911: 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
How I wish my fellow citizens have sense like Chile one day...

Peace ✌️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukraine Taking Foreign Fighters From All Continents Except Africa / Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover / 20 Countries That Owe US Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.