Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out (38907 Views)

Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures) / This Is The Root Cause Of The Soot In Rivers State (pictures) / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Wijoj: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
Black soot is really dangerous

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2021
Get out of PH for the health of yourself and family.
Remember, if you come down severe a severe illness, no adequate healthcare in Nigeria to take care of you.
You don't have Buhari privilege to get foreign medical treatment.
GET OUT OF THAT PLACE!

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by prophetfire: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
malcom1X:
How much did they pay you for this. Maybe you all are not demanding enough.

Edited: The indigenes of port Harcourt get paid lots of money for all these pollution thing. If you are from Port Harcourt it means you've been paid a certain amount of money for this pollution.

So my question is how much did they pay you?
Were you not paid?
Did you not collect the money? Why are you now crying.

This is what i meant that you aren't demanding enough from the FG.

I forgive those who misunderstood me. I believe the op knows what I'm talking about but feigning ignorance.
Are you sane at all? Paid who for what? You come online and spew rubbish!! Paid who for what exactly? How can you be insulting people's sensibilities with your wicked and lying assertion? Paid who for what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Pataricatering(f): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
See them, those that made up the Zoo. Someone is complaining about something very urgent and important to save lives and your asking him "how much they paid him to ask the question. " I tire for the kin people and d kin brain una get for Zoo; haba! This one off me ooh
atleast people.in the zoo are.not cannibalising others to cook egusi .

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by SeriouslySense(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
hehehe
Kellibae:

Seriously..Did this comment come from ur brain or anus pls? angry
The brain of an average Nigerian youth have been messed up, no thanks to poor education and nepotism sad
Some1 reported an issue like this that seems very dangerous and all u could ask is how much they paid to him WTF.
U mean u need to be paid before u figure out what could kill u.. undecided

Let me force myself to believe that a goat typed this some how and not a human

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by prophetfire: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Factfinder1:
This should be as a result of illegal refining of petroleum products
. Both illegal refining and the various oil and gas flow stations accross the state, but majorly from illegal refining and our governor isn't even concerned. He is only interested in building flyovers and collecting huge cuts on inflated contracts. I thought that with the way and speed he took soldiers down to Obigbo to kill Igbos there, that he would use same energy to run the illegal bunkering criminals out of town. But no. He allowed them to continue because such will not generate much funds for private pockets. Nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Pataricatering:
atleast people.in the[b] zoo are.not cannibalising others to cook egusi .
Which means you had accepted to be an animal in the Zoo. You're joking..
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by SeriouslySense(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
smiley smiley smiley
prophetfire:
. Both illegal refining and the various oil and gas flow stations accross the state, but majorly from illegal refining and our governor isn't even concerned. He is only interested in building flyovers and collecting huge cuts on inflated contracts. I thought that with the way and speed he took soldiers down to Obigbo to kill Igbos there, that he would use same energy to run the illegal bunkering criminals out of town. But no. He allowed them to continue because such will not generate much funds for private pockets. Nonsense.

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by tamonokare: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
malcom1X:

Edited: The indigenes of port Harcourt get paid lots of money for all these pollution thing. If you are from Port Harcourt it means you've been paid a certain amount of money for this pollution.

Were you not paid?

I forgive those who misunderstood me. I believe the op knows what I'm talking about but feigning ignorance.

Your head dey shake ? We're dying of black soot from illegal refineries and you're here talking about payment. Na this kain comment dey bring insults. Read and pass if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Georgejeez: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2021
MiracleMe7:

How can sole of your 2 years son be like a sole of 17 yrs boy?

grin grin grin now put your hand on your chest and shout with a loud voice .
"My bad mouth no go kill innocent people with laugh one day"

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by 5gee: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
optimistD:
See the soles of my 2years old son. The room was mopped a night before the morning this pictures were taken. He never came outside or to the veranda.

We live in Port Harcourt and this is our condition of living. The government is not doing enough. The ministry of health and environment don’t seem to exist here. We are celebrating flyovers, which is not bad, but are they not built for these humans that have been left to their fate to die? Hm!

Everyone is coughing here.
I thought soot is black, which one is "black soot" again?

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Ugonna62: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
I'm more concerned about the impotency it will render men.
My prayers are with you guys
Especially in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by ruggedtimi(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
malcom1X:

Were you not paid?

baba talk wetin u sabi

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by seunfape(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mykelslim:
I live in PH. I called professional cleaners to tidy up the whole place when I thought I didn't do enough clean myself. The black sooth is still everywhere after a day.

A sneeze in a clean white handkerchief will show you the kind of bad air we inhale here.
cancer is coming up gradually. Environmentalist clamours on prevention than cure.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by seunfape(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
That region is greatly facing three types of pollution, water, soil and air. The more the pollution, the shorter the life span.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Fanatical(m): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
The soot have come to stay
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by hardon1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
Factfinder1:
This should be as a result of illegal refining of petroleum products

No!
Its from nnpc petrochemical plant... We do suffer it in warri as well when the refinery is functioning... Particular those around ekpa- the community hosting the refinery

Ours was far worse

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by frankson1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
Clonus:

How does one sleep with nose mask on. The stuff is worse at night

I have learnt to use it 2-3 hrs at night since I discovered that closing windows and doors don't work.

Drink more water. Start taking foods that contains antioxidant to clear your system / lungs.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by frankson1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
hardon1:

No!
Its from nnpc petrochemical plant... We do suffer it in warri as well when the refinery is functioning... Particular those around ekpa- the community hosting the refinery

Ours was far worse

You typed "No!" Like you're too sure.
You can convince me by explaining to me how a standard refinery expells black smoke and I'm willing to learn.

We've never had it this bad until illegal refining 'kpo fire' became very common.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Heterodox(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
Dem no tie your leg for there.

Relocate.
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by hardon1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2021
frankson1:

You typed "No!" Like you're too sure.
You can convince me by explaining to me how a standard refinery expells black smoke and I'm willing to learn.

We've never had it this bad until illegal refining 'kpo fire' became very common.

I live not too far from warri refinery, it was a nightmare during their turnaround maintenance some years back. Carbon from petrochemical plant which was suppose to be treated to be harmless and then expelled via water was expelled via air for reasons we don't know , perhaps the purification system was faulty

the surrounding community was bathed with sooth for weeks. People lock up windows just to avoid it but it still enters cos it some of the particles are dissolved in air, some are still visible. You don't dare wash and sun cloths outside, especially white ones

A lot of people had to relocate because if the incident. There was a minor demonstation by residents to the refinery then

They normally blow it at night and early morning and you can vividly see it atimes

So am not telling a folktale here

Refineries asre designed to be environmentally friendly... The ones in this country are old

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Skoobem: 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2021
Environmental issues should not be taken lightly especially when it concerns public health.

The government should act before things get worse.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by frankson1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
hardon1:

I live not too far from warri refinery, it was a nightmare during their turnaround maintenance some years back. Carbon from petrochemical plant which was suppose to be treated to be harmless and then expelled via water was expelled via air for reasons we don't know , perhaps the purification system was faulty

the surrounding community was bathed with sooth for weeks. People lock up windows just to avoid it but it still enters cos it some.of the particles are dissolved in air, some are still visible. You don't dare wash and sun cloths outside, especially white ones

A lot of people had to relocate because if the incident. There was a minor demonstation by residents to the refinery then

They normally blow it at night and early morning and you can vividly see it a time.

So am not telling a folktale here

Refineries asre designed to be environmentally friendly... The ones in this countries are old

Okay. Some people here find it lazy doing the right things because this isn't supposed to happen.

I still wonder the positives they bring back home when they travel out of the country.

Things are really getting worse because nobody is held responsible for wrong doings.

It's just for the rest of us to find ways in protecting ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by EndBuhariNow(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
They want 1 Nigeria, 1 Nigeria they must have tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Genesiis(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
Same here, I literarily wash my bedsheets almost every day. It's so terrible, the tiles always black. No wonder I always have blocked nose all the time.

I started shutting my windows to see if it will reduce.

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Vicas2000: 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
If you live in portharcourt and you can afford it...do everything you can to move out of that state.

A lot of people will be down or possibly die due to respiratory diseases as a result of inhaling black soot.

The lungs will become extremely black!

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by meedoLock(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2021
And to even think the proceed of the supposedly oil making their environments full of black soot would not be shared with the indigenous people says alot. No dividends, no good amenities.

Just business as usual without given into consideration the people residing there.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by goodheart01: 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2021
babasolution:
The sacrifice of Nigerdelta for Nigeria, the nigerdelta people's destiny and souls have been sacrificed for the glory of strange elements on the alter on one Nigeria

My pain is yet the Niger delta people are still myopic to see they're being sacrificed. They are busy fighting the average igbo man and ignoring their true enemies who are the wicked politicians using up their resources.

"Our Oyel" people

1 Like

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by chaloskyx: 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
indigenes of ph you know where govt house is and you know your governors name go there and protest don't come on social media with pictures cause u see your leaders don't care if you all die from the south you have to give it to them hot if you want a solution. most of your commissioners and govs dont even reside in ph na abj dem dey so they dont even feel your pain

3 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by IbileIfe: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2021
Residents of Rivers State need to have public protests against the air pollution.
Report to CNN and BBC.
Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by Tjaywest(m): 12:39am On Dec 21, 2021
He knows nothing of the rubbish you just spilled out asking how much he was paid and the Nonsense of Rivers people are paid to die... But I will ignore your stupidity today.
malcom1X:

Were you not paid?

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out by tonididdy(m): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2021
Relocation is key...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blood In Semen, Please Help / JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.