Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud (44920 Views)

Russian Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend With 16 Tanks Forming Heart Shape / Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend In A Restaurant. Photos / Nigerian Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend Who Is A Police Officer (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Fiscus105(m): 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2021
Rugaria:

Stop defending trash! You guys are too serious for your own good, yet you are the perennial back benchers in world affairs. Your army is not even rated like that of the Turks or Americans where these happens regularly.
Those two should be left alone. It was not a mutiny! It was just an ordinary marriage proposal.
If I'm the guy, I will tell the gal to submit her resignation letter immediately. Una too professional and serious like this yet Boko boys dey use una do sya anyhow for Sambissa?

Why is too difficult for you to obey simple rule and ethics of organization?

Military is not for everyone, if she can't keep to this simple rule how she would abide to difficult one, wen it come to defend her nation?

Stop sound gragra to defend trash pls, is that how everybody is doing what he or she likes in ur own family?
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by ajumma(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
luluman:
Why dont you forget about the tomorrow assumption & respond to the topic at hand?

“those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.”
Winston Churchill 11 Jun 2020 1948
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by ajumma(m): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hubeznigeria:

Lol
Merry Christmas

wishing you same
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
trutht828:

She didn't propose to the guy. The guy proposed to her.

And what did she do?

She forgot her sense of duty to him and to the Nigerian Army.

She lost her professionalism, and went ahead and kissed him.

That is a misconduct.

No one would have a problem if they kept it away from the social media, or if she waited until he was no longer her trainee.

The way many of you are taking this matter makes it appear like the Army does not want her female personnel to marry.

But that is not the case.

No one is against anyone falling in love. But there should be a time and place for everything.

The military is an organization that demands high level of professionalism and discipline.

When Obama was president, the American Airforce, during an operation, once had their target within sight. But they could not fire (even though they badly wanted to) because they were waiting for command from above, which never came. The personnel could not do anything. That is what it means to be a military personnel. To learn to set aside emotions if it goes against the rule(s) of engagement. It is not a profession for just anyone. That is why Fela called them zombies.

There was an American war film about the Mogadishu Battle of 1993. The rebels were shooting at an American armor tank. One soldier kept shouting to their commanding officer, "Sir, they are shooting at us!" They did not shoot back until the officer told them to shoot back.

That is the military for you. Zombies, you may call them. But that is who they are. The military. It is not for everyone. If you are a rebellious person by nature, then it is not a profession for you.
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by DropsMic(m): 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2021
ajumma:

you are confused and deranged.

Confused and deranged for asking a question? grin grin grin Look in the mirror bro and see all that you are.
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Blackdisciple(m): 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2021
Meanwhile in Nigeria revise was the case
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Maxwell4404(m): 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
An get luck say no be 9ja he dey, dem for arrest you
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Osilama1: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
Allahismad:

This is you using religion to judge every other person.
my brother Carry your wahala comot my front I don't know how wetin I write take concern religion

1 Like

Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Allahismad: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2021
Osilama1:
my brother Carry your wahala comot my front I don't know how wetin I write take concern religion

Your biz
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by iyke2frankeze: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
LegendHero:

What will you do if a male principal propose to one of his students?

What the female soldier did is wrong. A soldier in the NYSC camp has some duties and dating corp members is not one of the job duties.

Love can be found anywhere but they shouldn’t have done that openly and that was a mistake on the guy part.
This rubbish you just typed here.
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by luluman: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
ajumma:

“those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.”
Winston Churchill 11 Jun 2020 1948
While those who digress from target issue remain unfocused for ever
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by ajumma(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2021
luluman:
While those who digress from target issue remain unfocused for ever

hallmark of a "lapping dog"
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Dindondin(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2021
LegendHero:

What the female soldier did is wrong. A soldier in the NYSC camp has some duties and dating corp members is not one of the job duties.

Love can be found anywhere but they shouldn’t have done that openly and that was a mistake on the guy part.
What about the one done in Turkey?
Is the corps member a teen I'd underaged? Do you know his status?
If what happened in Turkey is right, it's also right in Nigeria.
Has the Nigerian army been known for anything good in the last 6years?
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Classickj(m): 11:13am On Dec 22, 2021
SmartyPants:

There is of course a parallel. It is the parallel of a relationship between a superior and a subordinate.

Just like an army officer dare not propose to a soldier of the rank and file. A lecturer can't date his direct student, etc. In the west, bosses in the office must be very careful with what they say to their subordinates as any attempted approach can be construed as harassment due to the power disparity.

Understand this: relationships between people of different power status in a working context is frowned upon everywhere because of the implication that the superior one is either using their position to coerce the subordinate, or to favour them unduly.

Professors are required to alert the university should a relationship develop between them and a student to ensure no unfair advantage is given to the student.

you cannot marry a minor girl in any case. You can marry
your student only when she attains majority.

Some single lecturers genuinely love some students but they usually have to wait until the student graduate from the school before they can tie the knot.
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by luluman: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
ajumma:

hallmark of a "lapping dog"
Just try & face wetin face you
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by LegendHero(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dindondin:
What about the one done in Turkey?
Is the corps member a teen I'd underaged? Do you know his status?
If what happened in Turkey is right, it's also right in Nigeria.
Has the Nigerian army been known for anything good in the last 6years?

It’s like you guys are not getting it. What happened in Turkey is different from the context of NYSC. The Turkey is a normal military settings while NYSC is a case of a soldier and her trainee.

For NYSC, soldiers are deployed to camp across Nigeria to coordinate corp members and instill discipline and other military techniques in them. It is like a case of a trainer and a trainee.

So if a soldier fall in love in camp with a corper, that’s cool if it is done privately until camp is over. But if a soldier openly accept proposal of a corp member in the camp then that is problematic.

The reason it is problematic is that it might be seen as a clash of interest. It will be seen as you use your office to influence someone you are supposed to train. That’s why lecturers are always remanded if they are found with their student because it is a clash of interest.

One thing about Nigeria these days is that we have too much brain drain. People are now like a senseless mob that just comment for the sake of it. No rational reasoning, no critical thinking, they just regurgitate anything that is media friendly and that’s it.

Trust me, no one is saying they shouldn’t love BUT they should have waited till after NYSC camp and that will still be very okay.
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by ehnukiny: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
luluman:
Just try & face wetin face you

& always mind ur biz
mtchhhew
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by luluman: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
ehnukiny:

& always mind ur biz
mtchhhew
For telling the truth
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Dindondin(m): 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
LegendHero:

It’s like you guys are not getting it. What happened in Turkey is different from the context of NYSC. The Turkey is a normal military settings while NYSC is a case of a soldier and her trainee.

For NYSC, soldiers are deployed to camp across Nigeria to coordinate corp members and instill discipline and other military techniques in them. It is like a case of a trainer and a trainee.

So if a soldier fall in love in camp with a corper, that’s cool if it is done privately until camp is over. But if a soldier openly accept proposal of a corp member in the camp then that is problematic.

The reason it is problematic is that it might be seen as a clash of interest. It will be seen as you use your office to influence someone you are supposed to train. That’s why lecturers are always remanded if they are found with their student because it is a clash of interest.

One thing about Nigeria these days is that we have too much brain drain. People are now like a senseless mob that just comment for the sake of it. No rational reasoning, no critical thinking, they just regurgitate anything that is media friendly and that’s it.

Trust me, no one is saying they shouldn’t love BUT they should have waited till after NYSC camp and that will still be very okay.
I not in support big indiscipline but it should be in the round. The Nigerian army will sweet talk the event if they want to use it as propaganda.
And to your last paragraph where you mentioned brain drain, I think you swallowing the Nigerian army's bullying and not talking about their ills is complete brain drain on your path!
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by okoroemeka(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
LegendHero:

so the army will tell her what to do with her kpekus,this is just plain jealousy and joy killing
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by ehnukiny: 8:05am On Dec 23, 2021
luluman:
For telling the truth

your narrative then
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Depsui(m): 6:20am On Dec 25, 2021
Fiscus105:

Why is too difficult for you to obey simple rule and ethics of organization?

Military is not for everyone, if she can't keep to this simple rule how she would abide to difficult one, wen it come to defend her nation?

Stop sound gragra to defend trash pls, is that how everybody is doing what he or she likes in ur own family?

What specific rule did she break and what's the punishment?
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Fiscus105(m): 6:25am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Depsui post=108793659]

What specific rule did she break and what's the punishment?[/quote

OK, I can see reason now, plz endeavor to read entire release of the military, it was listed thr, not One offence, even more than 2.
Re: Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud by Depsui(m): 6:38am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Fiscus105 post=108793716][/quote]

I've read it, all they were talking about was how it was against the army code. You are defending them, so you should know the specific law that was broken.

Am asking because in Nigeria, just because a security operative detains you doesn't mean that you broke the law.

So tell me which army code she broke and the punishment (they always have a specific punishment attached to it). Except she has to face the army court or something like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Side Chic Knocks Out Sugar Daddy’s Wife During Confrontation At Her Place / "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding / What's Wrong With A Man Under 33?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.