Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! (6691 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? / Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by debbie(f): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2011
dear house,i really need your answer to this my problem.i have been in a relationship with my current guy for two years now,to be frank he is all i want in a man,and i dont regret that,but the problem is that he hardly discuss marriage issues with me,he rarely talk abt it especially between two of us and would hardly continue when i raise the topic and this is giving me worries because i wouldnt want to see it that i have been wasting my years with a man who doesn't have plans for me, how  else will i know the relationship is moving in that direction? or a better plan ahead?
i have been to his hometown to just see his parents,,and was introduced to them as his  girl friend,after that nothing serious, just the normal rship,, am worried,WHAT DO I DO NOW? cry cry
well so far the relationship has been good,but he always gets annoyed whenever i tell him about the guys toasting me and he will always want to know wht i say to them, am scared now because i feel starting a new rship will be hard for me, especially finding a good guy! undecided
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Dyt(f): 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
Well nt every guy makes it known 2 dere gals
he myt jst wanna surprise u by askin u marry him
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by MMM2(m): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
op
get pregnant 4 him undecided
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Bisjosh(f): 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
Mayb he is nt ready for marriage. Y dnt u sit him down and ask y he waves aside marriage discussions dat u take seriously. Ask him to define d relationship and when he wants to settle down. This wld give u an insight to what he thinks of u. Act fast my dear dnt delay any further.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by MrsChima(f): 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
When he proposes. Duh. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by sexylogan(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

When he proposes. Duh. undecided undecided

doesnt take a Neurosurgeon to figue that out. grin
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by feminineA: 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
Communication is the soul of any relationship. You need to ask him questions, ask him about the future of the relationship, let him tell you his plans for you so you dont have to waste your time in case he dont want you. Avoid nagging and pushy, ask him with seriousness of @ and lets see what happens
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by andypash(m): 7:31am On Jun 15, 2011
Na sin if woman kneel down wit ring to ask her guy WILL YOU MARRY ME abi na man go dey do‘am everytime maybe u fit startoo na one day something dey start lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by kpolli(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2011
buy engagement ring n propose
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by MrsChima(f): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2011
sexylogan:

doesnt take a Neurosurgeon to figue that out. grin

Unfortunately for SOME it does. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by livedit(f): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
I agree with feminineA. Communication is the # 1 key to a successful relationship. After two years, you are entitled to ask exactly where this relationship is headed. However, you will have to be prepared for whatever his answer maybe. IF he don't see marriage in your future, then YOU will have to decide if that's a dealbreaker for you and decide rather or not you want to continue on within this relationship. For Livedit, I couldn't see myself in a relationship for several years and I don't know where my relationship is headed, especially if I wanted to get married and start a familly and so forth. As hurtful as it would be, if he don't see himself commiting himself to me some where down the line, then it would be time for Livedit to walk. But again, that's just me. This IS your life and you are the one who has to live it.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by MrCork17: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2011
debbie:

dear house,i really need your answer to this my problem.i have been in a relationship with my current guy for two years now,to be frank he is all i want in a man,and i dont regret that,but the problem is that he hardly discuss marriage issues with me,he rarely talk abt it especially between two of us and would hardly continue when i raise the topic and this is giving me worries because i wouldnt want to see it that i have been wasting my years with a man who doesn't have plans for me, how  else will i know the relationship is moving in that direction? or a better plan ahead?
i have been to his hometown to just see his parents,,and was introduced to them as his  girl friend,after that nothing serious, just the normal rship,, am worried,WHAT DO I DO NOW? cry cry

madam dont worrry. I have marriage plan for u wink
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by debbie(f): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2011
i really appreciate all the advice,but come to think of it,how will i ask him whats he take aspa the relationship and where its heading without sounding confrontational or rude, well if i give him some time and he doesn't come up with something,i wouldn't mind leaving him or better still let the relationship lie low,
friends,i must say its not easy leaving a relationship after a long time, HEARTBREAK OOOO!
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
M M M:

op

And don't tell Him until it is FIVE months gone
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by livedit(f): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
debbie:

i really appreciate all the advice,but come to think of it,how will i ask him whats he take aspa the relationship and where its heading without sounding confrontational or rude, well if i give him some time and he doesn't come up with something,i wouldn't mind leaving him or better still let the relationship lie low,
friends,i must say its not easy leaving a relationship after a long time, HEARTBREAK OOOO!

It's not always about what you say, but it is HOW you say it.  When you talk to him, you don't want to come off like you are pressuring him into anything because he will more than likely retaliate as most men would do.  You sit him down and talk to him.  Maybe one day when you two are out at dinner or driving home when it's just the two of you.  You can then ask him what is his future plans down the line and you share yours.  Or you can ask him straight out, you would like to know if he see marriage some where down the line for the two of you.  Let him know how much you care for him and you want to know if you two share the same goal.  You need to find out if you are are actually compatible.  Because if he is the type who don't want to get married or can live with out it, then there is a problem.  Obviously, this is something you want and should have.  Never compromise yourself for anyone.  So if he not "feeling it" getting married, then maybe you need to decide rather or not if he is the right one for you.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by horny4u(f): 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
Obviously he like to keep you away from other men but doesnot want to marry you.
I will give him a 3 months ultimatum and change my facebook profile to single and begin to change my profile pic everyday. When a man wants you he is more desperate than mario and I think this guy wants you but knows you are not going anywhere. Give him some hassle and don't back down until you sign those dotted lines he has commitment phobia.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by horny4u(f): 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2011
Obviously he like to keep you away from other men but doesnot want to marry you.
I will give him a 3 months ultimatum and change my facebook profile to single and begin to change my profile pic everyday. When a man wants you he is more desperate than mario and I think this guy wants you but knows you are not going anywhere. Give him some hassle and don't back down until you sign those dotted lines he has commitment phobia.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by omega25red(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
horny4u:

^^ bad idea in my opinion

The worst thing you can do is to create chaos in a good situation by giving and ultimatum. The first mistake you made is not talking to him and finding out where he thinks your relationship is going and telling him guys are "toasting" you didn't help either. If i were your man and you have the nerve to tell me that guys are after you will make me second guess our relationship. I will wonder how come you are constantly being "toasted" what are you doing or saying that is making these people think that you might be available (of course women get harassed even if they have on sweat pants). I don't know why you are feeling the pressure of being married but i say be easy and don't act like you are really desperate because for most men it's a turn off and it makes us feel pressured into a situation that we may some day second guess.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by adconline(m): 2:08am On Jun 17, 2011
friends,i must say its not easy leaving a relationship after a long time, HEARTBREAK OO

The point is that you assumed that this relationship would lead to a marital bliss? Wrong- you should have put that in his toasting contract, so as to arm you when you would like to discuss it. Having said, what are his goals in life? Is he financially fit to take care of a family? YES, money is heavily required in building a family. If he's currently working on something that is career related eg job, school and business- marriage may be on the back burner.Guys think career first, than marriage later.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Girl846(f): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2011
adconline:

The point is that you assumed that this relationship would lead to a marital bliss? Wrong- you  should have put that in his toasting contract, so as to arm you when you would like to discuss it. Having said, what are his goals in life?  Is he financially fit  to take care of a family? YES, money is heavily required in building a family. If he's currently working on something that is career related eg job, school  and business- marriage may be on the back burner.Guys think career first, than marriage later.

It doesn't matter whether he's working on something! A guy that is serious about you will have marriage in mind even though prevailing circumstances might prevent it from happening soon - AND he will voice his plans to you. It may take a few more years for him to get settled but he will let you know his mind and feelings for marriage.
In my opinion, the guy doesn't want to commit but wants to keep the girl.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by cantell(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2011
@Op,
There's absolutely no way of knowing if he's gonna propose. Guys are unpredictable when it comes to the issue of marriage. They might love and care about you, but you'd be surprised at what they'll do at the last minute. Do not rush or trick him into proposing. It usually ends badly. You do that, you'll be sorry. Since you truly love him, you have to keep your hopes up and believe that one day he will finally take that step.
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by adconline(m): 9:30am On Jun 17, 2011
It doesn't matter whether he's working on something! A guy that is serious about you will have marriage in mind even though prevailing circumstances might prevent it from happening soon - AND he will voice his plans to you. It may take a few more years for him to get settled but he will let you know his mind and feelings for marriage.
In my opinion, the guy doesn't want to commit but wants to keep the girl.

Then you don't know about guys. Get yourself acquainted
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by deniyor: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2011
horny4u:

VERY BAD IDEA
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Girl846(f): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
adconline:

Then you don't know about guys. Get yourself acquainted

Judging from your response you are probably not that matured mentally, undecided
I am not naive, most of the successfully married men I have spoken to, have told me that they knew they wanted to marry their wives just a few months into dating - that doesn't mean they were financially ready or very settled to do it straight away but they KNEW.

When i get of marriageable age, I definitely would not wait around for years dating a guy who is not sure of what the future holds for us! angry
That is how one of my older friends dated a guy (who was very sweet and caring) for 5 good years thinking he would eventually propose - they broke up just a few months ago and he's already with someone else,
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by deniyor: 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
Girl, stop all that trying to get him jealous moves you try by telling him about all your other suitors. If you want to know if he has marriage plans, sit down and have a serious talk with him. Ask him what his plans for the future are, and where you fit in. If you are not satisfied with where you fit in, then walk away. But remember, the dude may not be ready for marriage yet. And when he is ready, you might not be together anymore.

Walk away only if he is not ready to consider marriage with you, and not because he doesn't want to consider marriage. What if he is not the type of person who believes in marriage but would like to have a life partner. What are your deal breakers?
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by horny4u(f): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
I like the way all the people saying bad ideas are Guys dey there let him waste your biological clock instead of you to take your life in your own hands.
The funny thing is the guys saying bad idea will give this same bad idea to their daughter if a man was stringing along, is it until people start removing cobwebs from ya body before you know you don te there.
ok oh
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by okeyazu: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
sit with him one on one and ask him d plans he has for you toward marriage even if he try ignoring call him back until he answer you do not be afraid
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Nekai(f): 5:01am On Jul 01, 2011
adconline:

The point is that you assumed that this relationship would lead to a marital bliss? Wrong- you should have put that in his [size=14pt]toasting contract[/size], so as to arm you when you would like to discuss it.

cool
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by tellwisdom: 8:41am On Jul 01, 2011
MUST HE MARRY YOU?? MUST ALL RELATIONSHIP LEAD TO MARRIAGE?? haba! Just pray!! Pray! Pray! CAST AND BOUND, lets see what happens! sad sad
Re: How Do I Know If He Has Any Marriage Plans For Me! by Rosie114(f): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
M M M: op
dont even try that. haba dont be wicked pls.

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Like To Be Touched During Hot Se,x? / I Have A Feeling That Most Nairaland Guys Are Gays/bisexual. Proofs. / Photo Collection Of Sexy Female Police Officers On And Off Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.