Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December (376 Views)

I'm So Addicted To Prostitutes. I Feel Suicidal. / Why Do People Remember Their Relationship Status Every December? / I'm Feeling Suicidal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Okay1234(f): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
I always feel depressed and unmotivated every December without any reason and it's always complicated by the weather condition. Who else feels this way?

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Kennyprince: 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Perhaps December being the last month of the year brings people to the reality of reflecting on what life have offered them within the year.

For most, when they discover the year has not been too wonderful, it brings pains, disappointment and anything other than joy.

Some feel they have failed yet again...and behold time is going, they conclude!

Pls try to be at peace.

Everything ll work.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Pumpumking: 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
Okay1234:
I always feel depressed and unmotivated every December without any reason and it's always complicated by the weather condition. Who else feels this way?

Brother, steppppup yor game & u will never feel the same...EVER!!( REAL TALK) wink
Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Okay1234(f): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2021
Kennyprince:
Perhaps December being the last month of the year brings people to the reality of reflecting on what life have offered them within the year.

For most, when they discover the year has not been too wonderful, it brings pains, disappointment and anything other than joy.

Some feel they have failed yet again...and behold time is going, they conclude!

Pls try to be at peace.

Everything ll work.

I think it's the weather. It makes me feel tired and weak at most times.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by bigjackass: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Okay1234:

I think it's the weather. It makes me feel tired and weak at most times.
So you already know it's the weather but you still came to ask us undecided
Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Okay1234(f): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2021
bigjackass:
So you already know it's the weather but you still came to ask us undecided
But this feeling is weird. I'm just guessing, I'm not certain about the cause.
Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Bluezy13(m): 9:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Your Mind.

The year has come to an end, so you feel there is nothing more the year has to offer and you feel you have come a long way from the beginning of the year and so there is nothing more to do than to anticipate next year. In addition, the weather also reminds you of times and that makes you feel weak and tired and unmotivated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2021
Okay1234:
Hey, you're gonna be okay. The sudden feeling of melancholy just as you guessed is due to season. There's something called Seasonal Affective Disorder, basically it's having mood swings due to changes in weather, such overcast and dark skies. It is also known as Winter Blues and yes, you're not alone, so many people tend to feel this way.
To get better you can try light therapy (including using blue light filter apps like Flux), vitamin intake (vitamin D) and Body workout. If anything, get some vitamin D as deficiency in Vitamin D has been found in people who have this challenge which is as a result of minimal sunlight exposure due to season.
As for feeling suicidal, although there's a chance it is as a result of the Winter blues, you need to understand this, if you have the courage to take your life, you do have the courage to change it. You might need someone to talk to or just ramble to, don't hesitate in calling anyone on your contact list. And if you want to explore wider options (cause who doesn't?), I'd be glad to listen to you.
So my friend, take a moment, breathe in and breathe out, don't think about the past, don't think about the future, live in the now. Have a great day, my friend.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2021
Okay1234, for more info and tips about Winter Blues, search for r/Winterblues or search Google for Seasonal Affective Disorder or Winterblues.
Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Okay1234(f): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2021
Server88:

Hey, you're gonna be okay. The sudden feeling of melancholy just as you guessed is due to season. There's something called Seasonal Affective Disorder, basically it's having mood swings due to changes in weather, such overcast and dark skies. It is also known as Winter Blues and yes, you're not alone, so many people tend to feel this way.
To get better you can try light therapy (including using blue light filter apps like Flux), vitamin intake (vitamin D) and Body workout. If anything, get some vitamin D as deficiency in Vitamin D has been found in people who have this challenge which is as a result of minimal sunlight exposure due to season.
As for feeling suicidal, although there's a chance it is as a result of the Winter blues, you need to understand this, if you have the courage to take your life, you do have the courage to change it. You might need someone to talk to or just ramble to, don't hesitate in calling anyone on your contact list. And if you want to explore wider options (cause who doesn't?), I'd be glad to listen to you.
So my friend, take a moment, breathe in and breathe out, don't think about the past, don't think about the future, live in the now. Have a great day, my friend.
Thanks a lot bro. This will really be helpful

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel Suicidal Every December by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2021
Okay1234:

Thanks a lot bro. This will really be helpful
Glad it was. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Don't Ever Marry A Liar! How True Is This Statement? / 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Yet Married As A Man.no 4 Reason Will Shock You.. / 8 Amazing Ways To Make A Woman Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.