Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? (1451 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Banned In Nigerian Or Not? (see This) / Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) / Pastor James Chinwuba Stops Wedding Of Man Who Sent Wife Abroad For Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Prostitution:
the practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment...

Sex workers can be women as well as men...

Prostitution is illegal in the Northern Muslim States. In Southern States of Nigeria, underage prostitution and the ownership and operation of brothels are penalized...

Do you think prostitution should be decriminalized in Nigeria?

Pros:

1. Maximum legal protection of sex workers.

2. Health care... It would greatly reduce the spread of sexually transmitted diseases and infections... And make birth controls easily accessible...

3. It would empower sex workers enough to speak out against abuse and get justice...

4. Better infrastructures and living conditions...

Personal issues I have with the idea of decriminalizing prostitution... IN NIGERIA.

1. Most sex workers engage in prostitution because they don't have any other means of providing for themselves... They don't regard what they do as a career and sell sex as a service in their desperation to make ends meet...

2. Most sex workers were trafficked, especially the women. It's easier to place restrictions on prostitution than tackle human trafficking in Nigeria.

3. Most sex workers especially the females are under-age...

4. In Nigeria, a developing country, there is a high risk of sex workers being abused since they mostly live in rough neighbourhoods.

I believe that if two individuals decide to have sex in whatever way, it doesn't concern others...

But with the possibility that these workers could be a victim of trafficking, abuse, etc... Shouldn't it be a concern?

Since the decriminalization of prostitution wouldn't take away the disadvantages of the trade in Nigeria.

How do we stand for the decriminalization of prostitution in such a way that would guarantee the wellbeing of all involved?

Lalasiclala
Mynd44
Seun

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
No one with an opinion? undecided
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by helinues: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
Is this a campaign for prostitution right?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by HopeVictor(m): 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
Sorry was it criminalised before??

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:
Is this a campaign for prostitution right?

I'm aware of the hundreds of thousands of prostitutes in Nigeria... Of the men and women who patronise them...

You are aware too...

Everyone viewing this thread is aware also...

So is the government, religious leaders, even your God... undecided

I'm being REALISTIC...

Prostitution is illegal but a reality... The question is how can we make it safe?

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
HopeVictor:
Sorry was it criminalised before??
In Nigeria, yes...
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by HopeVictor(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
Datboredberry:
In Nigeria, yes...
Really and they are still much.. both online and offline grin

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Kriss216: 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
Datboredberry:
I never expect you to be mature!
I love seeing you in pains.

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by helinues: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm aware of the hundreds of thousands of prostitutes in Nigeria... Of the men and women who patronise them...

You are aware too...

Everyone viewing this thread is aware also...

So is the government, religious leaders, even your God... undecided

I'm being REALISTIC...

Prostitution is illegal but a reality... The question is how can we make it safe?

Majority of those ladies who engage in prostitution are just one of the lazy ass..

Common, when it's not that they are disabled. Should prostitution be a profession?

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by illicit(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
If u are a criminal and u can't be bailed when police arrest u

Ur crime is not prostitution
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Deicide: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
Datboredberry:
No one with an opinion? undecided
Na by force?

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
angry sad
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
Some Nigeria girls can talk more about this, Let`s hear their opinion.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by ahmthankgod(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
TeddyJammy:

dix ya siqnature eh cheesy cheesy. . No be 4 here o grin grin

Commot for there grin Nxt siqnature loading grin

BTW! Warrabout our battle? grin

Since ya 4qotten? Or ya afraid to enter baq? grin
Battle i waited for 9 good hours

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
ahmthankgod:
Battle i waited for 9 good hours

am with my glock now/ grin
any time u willinq to battle, hit me up. . Am always ready 4 you bra! grin
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by loadedvibes: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hahaha.. see thread

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 5:08am On Dec 23, 2021
Datboredberry:
In Nigeria, yes...
Prostitution is not a crime in southern Nigeria. It is not decriminalized but it is also not a crime. Just floating there.

Leave prostitution where it is before your senators sit on it and make it illegal properly. I wonder why you "activists" want to create trouble where there is none. Leave prostitution alone, it doesn't need to be decriminalized.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by VenusGod: 6:21am On Dec 23, 2021
In my planet (world) prostitution aren't no crime. We Gods love them.
Say No Evil !!!
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by odinson1(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2021
@Datboredberry you should know that PROSTITUTION is a Disgrace to Womanhood.

Every Elderly woman would tell you that.

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
TeddyJammy:
angry sad

Are you into rap battles?

I think that section is unproductive.

It seems nobody goes beyond Nairaland from there.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Are you into rap battles?

I think that section is unproductive.

It seems nobody goes beyond Nairaland from there.

grin grin grin Yea, I'm Into rap battle.

You wanna spar with me?

it been long i pummel a niqqa with my steel fist/
thou am still lit/
no punch, buh my flow still hit/
i heard you've admirin my bunny/
Datboredberry is somewhere with her hunny/
ya cunny/ same time ya funny/ nxt time u wanna taq me, do it with respect, cuz am nt ya dunny!!

grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
TeddyJammy:

grin grin grin Yea, I'm Into rap battle.

You wanna spar with me?

it been long i pummel a niqqa with my steel fist/
thou am still lit/
no punch, buh my flow still hit/
i heard you've admirin my bunny/
Datboredberry is somewhere with her hunny/
ya cunny/ same time ya funny/ nxt time u wanna taq me, do it with respect, cuz am nt ya dunny!!

grin
hmmm....

And my part? grin

I have to sing, you know that!

Or you prefer if I just smile and look pretty... grin

Do you want to work with me? We can just sing songs and get popular! It could even be a trio!

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
Datboredberry:
hmmm....

And my part? grin

I have to sing, you know that!

Or you prefer if I just smile and look pretty... grin

Do you want to work with me? We can just sing songs and get popular! It could even be a trio!
work with you? grin

SOn of joseph the carpenter !!! Hope ya hearin her?

I wish if that cud be possible. . Buh rappin isn't jux my callin.

i do it for fun and cruise grin

You cud be better in writting poems and novels. . Not so sure of that.
.Smiles..
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
TeddyJammy:

work with you? grin

SOn of joseph the carpenter !!! Hope ya hearin her?

I wish if that cud be possible. . Buh rappin isn't jux my callin.

i do it for fun and cruise grin

You cud be better in writting poems and novels. . Not so sure of that.
.Smiles..
i thought you were passionate about it?!

But it's still cool... We could get popular for other reasons! grin

What are you crazy about? If not rap, is there something you wanna really do?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
Re: Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
Datboredberry:
i thought you were passionate about it?!

But it's still cool... We could get popular for other reasons! grin

What are you crazy about? If not rap, is there something you wanna really do?

if am sad.. Or unhappy, moment i hear rap song. Mehn i go crazy, expecially when its dope and lit..

I jux love music thats it..

am already into fashionist. grin I sew, i desiqn, i create patterns on clothes
. . I'm a "tailorist" grin

devoted and passionate in tailoring.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Fit Make Meme With This Pic / See How I Always make money (pic) / 3 Queues Happening In Nigeria Now, Share Your Experience Of Any Of Them...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.