Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder (559 Views)

Men After Sex This Is What You Realize / Men, After Damaging Some Women, You Now Want To Settle Down With One Not Damaged / How I Use My Waist Beads To Control Men After Sleeping With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by Ilekokonit: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
Female UK lawmaker wants a 6pm curfew for ALL men after Sarah Everard murder

Green Party peer says ALL MEN should face 6pm CURFEW: Baroness Jones calls for ban on males after dark to 'make women feel safer and lessen discrimination' as women share their fears of violence in wake of Sarah Everard murder

The peer spoke in a debate in the House of Lords on domestic violence

By David Wilcock, Whitehall Correspondent For Mailonline and Jack Elsom For Mailonline

Published: 12:08, 11 March 2021 | Updated: 18:29, 11 March 2021

Men should be banned from being outdoors after 6pm to 'make women a lot safer' after the abduction and suspected murder of Sarah Everard in London, a Green Party peer has suggested.

Baroness Jones made the comment in a discussion in the House of Lords during a debate on domestic violence.

The issue of women's safety has been again thrust into the spotlight following the disappearance of 33-year-old Ms Everard as she walked home to Brixton from her friend's home in Clapham, south-west London, on March 3.

But amid demands for action, Baroness Jones, a 71-year-old mother of two daughters, went as far as to demand a blanket curfew for men.

Speaking last night, she said: 'In the week that Sarah Everard was abducted and, we suppose, killed—because remains have been found in a woodland in Kent — I argue that, at the next opportunity for any Bill that is appropriate, I might put in an amendment to create a curfew for men on the streets after 6 pm.

'I feel this would make women a lot safer, and discrimination of all kinds would be lessened.'

Her calls for a curfew echoed those made during the Reclaim The Night rallies in the 1970s, when members of the Women's Liberation Movement took to the streets in the wake of the Yorkshire Ripper murders.

Baroness Jones added later on Twitter her solution was 'better than the Met telling women to stay indoors,' following reports of officers cautioning women to be careful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-CURFEW-wake-Sarah-Everard-murder.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8cwX6g3do
Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by Sekoni003(m): 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
Wouldn't a dusk to dawn curfew make more sense? cheesy Afterall, men are the monsters while women are the saints...

3 Likes

Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by TarOrfeeek: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
There should be a curfew on all White people. To curb the the effect of racism in the UK.

White people should not be outside at any time of the day.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by SavageResponse(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
What a stupid suggestion.

I hope she is aware that women also commit murders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Some time ago, a young man said that feminist be making men in US feel like second class citizens and lots of persons attacked him, I wonder what they will say about this undecided...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by Ilekokonit: 12:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Favfables1:
Some time ago, a young man said that feminist be making men in US feel like second class citizens and lots of persons attacked him, I wonder what they will say about this undecided...

A UK Top Feminist also made the following statement in the below article -

Feminism has turned UK men into second-class citizens, but have women's victories come at a price?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-512550/Feminism-turned-men-second-class-citizens-womens-victories-come-price.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by BlaqJosh: 12:56am On Dec 23, 2021
So women are now saint ba ?? What an insolence
Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by TONERO500(m): 1:13am On Dec 23, 2021
Una make read this rubbish try Sha when I saw the topic of the tread I didn't bother to read�

1 Like

Re: Female UK Lawmaker Wants A 6pm Curfew For ALL Men After Sarah Everard Murder by FORWARDEVERLY: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
Very useless bitter Feminist wannabes ..

Nonsense and Woke generation..

(1) (Reply)

How Boyfriend Stood By This Lady Despite Getting Pregnant Twice For 2 Men / Dell Inspiron 5558, Core I5, 1tb, 8g Ram, Touch Screen For Sale / Mummy Making Decisions In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.